NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently contacted by radio personality Linda Greenberg, who has a weekly show on radio station WNAV, out of Annapolis, MD. http://www.lindagreenbergshow.com/

WNAV http://www.wnav.com/ is a CBS Radio affiliate for the area and is owned by Pat Sajak. The Linda Greenberg Show is broadcast live on Mondays from 2:30pm-3:00pm. You can listen live via the Internet, and the show is re-broadcast at 5am, 11am, 5pm, and 11pm weekdays. You will need the most current version of Real Player to listen live. All times listed are EST.

Linda asked me to be a guest on today's show about missing persons. Other guests included nationally known missing children's advocate Marc Klaas of the Polly Klaas Foundation, and Ted Williams, well known criminal lawyer and profiler and frequent guest on the Greta Van Susteren Show.

Linda asked me to tell my story, talk about the importance of having a Personal ID Kit, such as the ones we have available to download from our website, and one of our programs, Adopt a Missing Person.

Linda is very interested in the Adopt a Missing Person program. She had asked me to mail her 6 buttons, to include Jason and 5 others. She said she has already been able to get others at the radio station involved. This is an excellent opportunity to create awareness for our cause and for those we love who are not among us. Please be sure to tune in and listen.

The show will be rebroadcast daily on the Internet and also for local listerners until next Monday afternoon. Again, times are 5am,11am,5pm, and 11pm EST.

With Hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

That's wonderful, Kelly! You are a beacon of hope to families of other missing people!
God bless you!!
Karen

Kelly said:
Linda is very interested in the Adopt a Missing Person program. She had asked me to mail her 6 buttons, to include Jason and 5 others. She said she has already been able to get others at the radio station involved. This is an excellent opportunity to create awareness for our cause and for those we love who are not among us. Please be sure to tune in and listen.

I'm glad to see someone in radio get involved. It's easy to forget about them as a media channel, but they reach so many people. This one is really important because it's so close to Washington D.C. Good work Kelly on spreading the news.

Thank you everyone!

It truly is a privlege and honor to be able to help in some small way. We keep striving to educate the public, create awareness, and work on legislative issues.

I did receive notification that our senate hearing for Jason's Law is scheduled for Friday, February 11th. Please pray that they will be receptive.

Kelly

Kelly said:
I did receive notification that our senate hearing for Jason's Law is scheduled for Friday, February 11th. Please pray that they will be receptive.
Kelly

Kelly,
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but, could you tell me what Jason's Law would be?
Thanks--
Karen

Karen,

Posts #110 & 113 in this same thread explain the law and what is included. Post #113 contains the entire text of the bill. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Kelly

Kelly said:
Karen,

Posts #110 & 113 in this same thread explain the law and what is included. Post #113 contains the entire text of the bill. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Kelly

Kelly--
Thank you!
Karen

Sometime in the next few hours, Kelly and her family will present "Jason's Law" to the Nebraska Senate Committee.

Please cover this family in prayers as they present the bill, and pray for those in attendance to be receptive to their words.

This is SO very important for the state of Nebraska.

Thanks to all, and God bless, Lanie

Thank you, Lanie, and all of the other prayer warriors!

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/1254912.html

"Jason's Law" Reviewed

Proposal would assist search for missing

An Omaha family is pushing for changes in the law to help locate missing persons and they have firsthand knowledge of what's at stake.

Nineteen-year-old Jason Jolkowsi was walking from the family home to Benson High three-and-a-half years ago. That was the last anyone knew of his whereabouts. Investigators have never determined what happened to Jason.

Jim and Kelly Jolkowski are now urging lawmakers to pass Jason's Law, a measure that would create a state repository of information on missing persons.

Kelly Jolkowski says, "We know. We've been there. And we're trying to put this into place so that there's faster assistance; so the state understands the need."

The Nebraska legislature's Judiciary Committee heard the proposal Friday afternoon.

It calls for uniform reporting by law enforcement and a statewide website so the public and police can be aware and watch out for missing persons.

(There is a video on this news link with the complete story.)

God bless you in this venture, Kelly! I hope and pray that the law is passed! I'm sure Jason would be so proud of you!
Karen

Thanks, Karen.

This is attempt #2. They might as well sign on the dotted line, because I will keep going back until they do! At least we are quite sure the bill will get to the floor to debate this time. Last year, they left it stuck in committee for so long that by the time it was out, time ran out for that legislation session, and the bill died. No one wants to kill a bill like this, but the budget is still a major issue in our state.

Kelly

Kelly said:
Thanks, Karen.

This is attempt #2. They might as well sign on the dotted line, because I will keep going back until they do! At least we are quite sure the bill will get to the floor to debate this time. Last year, they left it stuck in committee for so long that by the time it was out, time ran out for that legislation session, and the bill died. No one wants to kill a bill like this, but the budget is still a major issue in our state.

Kelly

Kelly,
I am live in Nebraska also, is there anything that we can do to help get this bill passed?? Thanks
Raven

Yes!

When the time comes that the bill is close to being debated by the entire senate, we will need to launch a letter writing campaign. Anyone who lives in Nebraska will be asked to write a letter to their state senator, urging them to vote for LB111. I will write a form letter that can be used, and provide a link to the site where email and snail mail addresses can be found for the senators. Our sponsoring senator's office will let us know when it is time to send these letters, and I will then announce that here. Unfortunately, they will not take into consideration letters they recieve from citizens of other states.

Thank you for asking.

Kelly

Kelly said:
Yes!

When the time comes that the bill is close to being debated by the entire senate, we will need to launch a letter writing campaign. Anyone who lives in Nebraska will be asked to write a letter to their state senator, urging them to vote for LB111. I will write a form letter that can be used, and provide a link to the site where email and snail mail addresses can be found for the senators. Our sponsoring senator's office will let us know when it is time to send these letters, and I will then announce that here. Unfortunately, they will not take into consideration letters they recieve from citizens of other states.

Thank you for asking.

Kelly

Please count on me and my family to write letters. We all live in Millard.
Raven

Thank you.

Yes, I will let you know. We'll also ask you to email anyone else you know in Nebraska at that time. We'll make it as easy as we can to send these letters. Even though these Senators do not know the pain of having a missing loved one, we must let them know that they need to try to put themselves in the places of those who do know. We don't want them to only think of the "almighty" dollar.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Three years and eight months ago, Jason walked down his driveway and waved to his brother. He hasn't been seen since.

Please whisper a prayer for Jason, today, and for those who search for him.

Time doesn't alter the love in their hearts, or the longing to hold him once again.

As always, today, Kelly will be busy doing something for another family ( Patricia Viola ) she represents. She has little time, even for herself.

I'm very proud of you, Kelly, for putting others first. In the words of someone wise, "remember to eat well, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, and some exercise. You cannot do the search, if you are not well." Remember that? She loves you, and so do I.

The candles are burning in Germany, tonight, as we whispers prayers for all the Jolkowski's.

With love and HOPE for Jason, Lanie

WasBlind said:
Three years and eight months ago, Jason walked down his driveway and waved to his brother. He hasn't been seen since.

Please whisper a prayer for Jason, today, and for those who search for him.

Time doesn't alter the love in their hearts, or the longing to hold him once again.

As always, today, Kelly will be busy doing something for another family ( Patricia Viola ) she represents. She has little time, even for herself.

I'm very proud of you, Kelly, for putting others first. In the words of someone wise, "remember to eat well, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, and some exercise. You cannot do the search, if you are not well." Remember that? She loves you, and so do I.

The candles are burning in Germany, tonight, as we whispers prayers for all the Jolkowski's.With love and HOPE for Jason, Lanie

Ditto here in a small Texas town....

I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. The candle of hope burns brightly for Jason, always.

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member