NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see his name bubble up to the top, I think maybe he's been found. :( This case weighs on my mind the most, of all the cases on websleuths.

I still think someone picked him up, who he coincidentally misunderstood to be from the pizza restaurant. I think it was just a perfect storm - his ride from work, and someone trying to abduct him, at the same time, and he misunderstood the intent of the abductor.

Every time I see his name bubble up to the top, I think maybe he's been found. :( This case weighs on my mind the most, of all the cases on websleuths.

I still think someone picked him up, who he coincidentally misunderstood to be from the pizza restaurant. I think it was just a perfect storm - his ride from work, and someone trying to abduct him, at the same time, and he misunderstood the intent of the abductor.

BBM.

I know how you feel with this. There are a few here (Jason, Morgan Nick, Maura Murray) where my heart feels like it's in my throat thinking their resolved when I see their threads pop back up again.

I have two new theories. A is better than B.

A. He was hit by a car. The driver helped him inside and intended to take him to the hospital, but Jason died on the way.

B. He walked by a construction site, was accidentally killed somehow, and his body was concealed in the foundation of a building.

I see some similarities between Jason's case and that of Zebb Quinn. Two normal, quiet, modest young men who disappeared under mysterious circumstances. In Zebb's case, however, there's a dozen leads and a potential suspect. In Jason's, there's nothing, zilch, nada. Makes me wonder if Jason had his own bad egg in his life like Jason Owens who killed him for reasons unknown (if that's indeed what happened to Zebb). I know we keep coming back to it, but it really would be helpful if we could rule Samuel Sherman's disappearance in or out.

I see some similarities between Jason's case and that of Zebb Quinn. Two normal, quiet, modest young men who disappeared under mysterious circumstances. In Zebb's case, however, there's a dozen leads and a potential suspect. In Jason's, there's nothing, zilch, nada. Makes me wonder if Jason had his own bad egg in his life like Jason Owens who killed him for reasons unknown (if that's indeed what happened to Zebb). I know we keep coming back to it, but it really would be helpful if we could rule Samuel Sherman's disappearance in or out.

Good shout.

Zebb's case is haunting. :(

Honestly, I do not see either scenario as likely. In scenario A, I feel as if the body would have been located by now--I just don't see a person just involved in an accident like that taking the time to conceal a body that well. However, it is definitely better than scenario B, as this was a residential neighborhood and Jason only had a few blocks to walk. I don't think there would be any massive construction going on.

I strongly believe Jason was met with foul play--that he probably willingly got into a car or went into a house of someone he knew or at least was acquainted with and they did something to him.

This is probably THE missing person case that bothers me the most because there IS such a lack of evidence; he literally vanished into thin air on Saturday morning. I actually would LOVE to see a podcast tackle this case, much like the recent ones Someone Knows Something and Up and Vanished. Hmmmm...maybe I just gave myself an idea.

I have two new theories. A is better than B.

A. He was hit by a car. The driver helped him inside and intended to take him to the hospital, but Jason died on the way.

B. He walked by a construction site, was accidentally killed somehow, and his body was concealed in the foundation of a building.

Actually I believe it was on a Wednesday morning....so the neighborhood would have been quiet with people at work etc. Which could explain why nobody saw anything.

I wonder if Jason ever exhibited any interest in storm chasing. Once, a long time ago, I saw a pic that reminded me of him. Does anyone know?

Honestly, I do not see either scenario as likely. In scenario A, I feel as if the body would have been located by now--I just don't see a person just involved in an accident like that taking the time to conceal a body that well. However, it is definitely better than scenario B, as this was a residential neighborhood and Jason only had a few blocks to walk. I don't think there would be any massive construction going on.

A driver could have it hit him but not killed him. The driver then helped him into his vehicle with the intention of getting him to the hospital. Jason dies along the way, and the driver conceals the body to avoid criminal prosecution. The body could be in a basement or in the woods somewhere.

I feel that explains a lot without making any outrageous assumptions.

Also, he disappeared June 13, 2001, which was a Wednesday and not a Saturday.

A driver could have it hit him but not killed him. The driver then helped him into his vehicle with the intention of getting him to the hospital. Jason dies along the way, and the driver conceals the body to avoid criminal prosecution. The body could be in a basement or in the woods somewhere.

It's not impossible, but it's not a very plausible scenario. A person's natural reaction would be either to leave the scene of the accident (aka hit and run) or alert the emergency services. Also, the chance of someone not witnessing this in a residential neighbourhood would be incredibly slim.

Hello everybody! I'm new to WS and am very fascinated in missing persons cases, this being one in particular. I had a question about this disappearance- did the cops ever search the river? I saw somewhere on this thread that Jason's mom was answering questions, and she stated that there wasn't any large bodies of water nearby but I see on Google maps that Omaha is right by the Missouri River and a couple of lakes. Is it possible that if someone had killed Jason that they dumped his body in the river and he just floated downstream? Or perhaps his body has never washed up anywhere and is still in the river?

Also- not sure if this was answered already ( I have not looked through every single post on here) but what was the new job that Jason was supposed to be starting before he disappeared? Is there a reason someone could have not wanted him to take this job?

Hello everybody! I'm new to WS and am very fascinated in missing persons cases, this being one in particular. I had a question about this disappearance- did the cops ever search the river? I saw somewhere on this thread that Jason's mom was answering questions, and she stated that there wasn't any large bodies of water nearby but I see on Google maps that Omaha is right by the Missouri River and a couple of lakes. Is it possible that if someone had killed Jason that they dumped his body in the river and he just floated downstream? Or perhaps his body has never washed up anywhere and is still in the river?

Also- not sure if this was answered already ( I have not looked through every single post on here) but what was the new job that Jason was supposed to be starting before he disappeared? Is there a reason someone could have not wanted him to take this job?

Welcome to Ws MatthewTyler!
You raised some good points, i have also wondered if someone had a problem with Jason starting his new job at a radio station.
Coincidentally, Jesse Ross, a young man also went mysteriously missing prior to starting a job at a radio station.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-20-Chicago-21-Nov-2006&highlight=Jesse+Ross
[h=2]IL - Jesse Ross, 20, Chicago, 21 Nov 2006[/h]

Yeah I did read briefly about Jesse a couple of months ago. Sadly, I do believe that Jesse ended up in the river. Jason's case, however, is a little more ambiguous. Omaha has some bodies of water, the biggest or most vital being the Missouri River. I can't say for sure but I have a hunch that maybe he ended up there. I certainly hope not of course, but based on his mother not mentioning it at all, I believe that it wasn't really checked all that well.

I don't know if the Missouri River was searched for Jason. I did a quick check of Google, but came up with nothing specific, except for searches for other people in the same river.
His mother used to post on this thread a long time ago; I don't know if she checks in here on occasion, because it sounds like she's pretty busy.
That would be a good question to ask her if you ever get the chance, though.

I know that Jason's younger brother and a neighbour witnessed Jason leaving home but were there no other sightings of Jason unverified or otherwise? It's curious that no one else reported seeing him that morning.

Does anyone know if there was any known gang activity in the area / neighborhood that Jason lived in as well as the school he was walking to? TIA

Does anyone know if there was any known gang activity in the area / neighborhood that Jason lived in as well as the school he was walking to? TIA

https://www.justice.gov/archive/ndic/pubs4/4934/cocaine.htm
[h=3]Violence[/h]
Violence associated with crack and, to a lesser extent, powdered cocaine contributes to the magnitude of the threat to Nebraska. Crack abusers often commit violent crimes to support their addictions, and crack distributors commonly commit violent crimes to protect their territories. According to ADAM data, 13 percent of adult males arrested for violent offenses tested positive for cocaine in Omaha during 2000. The Omaha Police Department reports that crack cocaine-related drug disputes and turf battles are common. Street gang members who distribute powdered and crack cocaine often are armed and commit aggravated assault and robbery. Respondents to the NDIC National Gang Survey 2000 reported that street gangs in Nebraska that distribute cocaine also commit violent crimes. These gangs include East Side Locos in Grand Island; 18th Street, Bloods, Crips, Gangster Disciples, and Lomas 13 in Lincoln; and Sureños 13 in Omaha.​
Nebraska-based street gangs are the principal retail level distributors of crack cocaine in the state, particularly in the Lincoln and Omaha areas. Street gangs that distribute crack cocaine at the retail level in Lincoln include the Vice Lords, Bloods, Airport Crips, and Cooper Park Locos gangs. Occasionally, gang members from Omaha travel to Lincoln to sell small quantities of crack because of the higher profit margin in Lincoln. Members of 37th Street Crips, an Omaha-based gang, associate with other gang members and affiliates in California to transport crack cocaine into Nebraska. There are a small number of Asian gangs in the Lincoln area that distribute crack cocaine at the retail level. The most active are Baggy Boyz and Asian Boyz. Baggy Boyz is a Vietnamese gang whose members frequently travel to St. Louis to purchase crack cocaine. Asian Boyz is a Cambodian and Laotian gang whose members often purchase crack cocaine in Wichita, where there is a large Asian gang presence.

Kelly addressed the dynamic of the neighborhood a little bit in the last podcast. IIRC, she said it was an older, established neighborhood but a few blocks away, there were not so good ones. I don't recall her mention any gang activity, one way or the other.
If you have the time, and if you haven't already, I recommend giving it a listen. I found it insightful.

I know that Jason's younger brother and a neighbour witnessed Jason leaving home but were there no other sightings of Jason unverified or otherwise? It's curious that no one else reported seeing him that morning.

Well it was also a Wednesday morning, so I think a lot of people were at work

Well it was also a Wednesday morning, so I think a lot of people were at work

It's not going to be a ghost town at that time of the morning. Plenty of people simply don't work, or they work late, or might be returning home after dropping their children at school. I still find it hard to believe that there were no other reported sightings. Jason couldn't have made it very far before he was intercepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member