NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not going to be a ghost town at that time of the morning. Plenty of people simply don't work, or they work late, or might be returning home after dropping their children at school. I still find it hard to believe that there were no other reported sightings. Jason couldn't have made it very far before he was intercepted.
I hear ya. Personally I think someone at work was involved. If he didn't get too far (which I agree, he probably didn't) then I find it unlikely that a random kidnapper would happen to stumble upon him so soon after him leaving his house. His work knew exactly when he'd be leaving, and generally the route he would be taking to get to the school. Also it would be easy to get him into their car since he would obviously trust someone he knew. I truly believe his co-workers set him up to come and then intercepted his as well.

Also, I know that there was video proof that Jason never made it to the school, but was there proof that his female co-worker WAS there? Was she on camera waiting for him? I only ask because if she was in on this plan then I feel like she wouldn't even bother going to the school at all if she knew that he wasn't going to make it there.

Also, I know that there was video proof that Jason never made it to the school, but was there proof that his female co-worker WAS there? Was she on camera waiting for him? I only ask because if she was in on this plan then I feel like she wouldn't even bother going to the school at all if she knew that he wasn't going to make it there.

According to Kelly, Jason's mom, everyone who even had a slight association with Jason was cleared, including his coworkers. If she is confident with that, then so am I. I'm not going to question her take on things.

According to Kelly, Jason's mom, everyone who even had a slight association with Jason was cleared, including his coworkers. If she is confident with that, then so am I. I'm not going to question her take on things.

But as we've said before, just because someone is cleared it doesn't mean squat. We don't know how thoroughly these people were investigated by the police or what alibis they had.

I've always suspected it was someone from the workplace. Either Jason was targeted by an opportunist predator... which is extremely rare for a grown man, let alone one walking through a residential neighbourhood at that time in the morning, or he was picked up by someone who knew he was headed to the school.

The workplace called Jason in that day, and he was due to start a new job the week after he went missing. Surely this can't be a coincidence?

I agree with ekardh. There have been several cases where people who were cleared have later been found guilty. Anyone can calmly answer questions or even manipulate polygraph tests. Aside from his family, his work consisted of the only people that knew that his schedule was disrupted or changed. They knew where he would be and when. I can appreciate that Jason's mom has faith in the coworkers' innocence, but sometimes that isn't enough.

I don't suppose this female coworker he was was meeting was ever named?

But as we've said before, just because someone is cleared it doesn't mean squat. We don't know how thoroughly these people were investigated by the police or what alibis they had.

I've always suspected it was someone from the workplace. Either Jason was targeted by an opportunist predator... which is extremely rare for a grown man, let alone one walking through a residential neighbourhood at that time in the morning, or he was picked up by someone who knew he was headed to the school.

The workplace called Jason in that day, and he was due to start a new job the week after he went missing. Surely this can't be a coincidence?

Like I said, his mother is confident that those who were cleared had nothing to do with his disappearance, including his coworkers, and she is more in the "know" than any of us here. I think it's very disrespectful to doubt and question her judgment in the matter, considering she has access to information gathered by professionals, that the general public most likely will probably never know.

RBBM
We may not know how thoroughly these people were investigated, but I guarantee his mother does.

Like I said, his mother is confident that those who were cleared had nothing to do with his disappearance, including his coworkers, and she is more in the "know" than any of us here. I think it's very disrespectful to doubt and question her judgment in the matter, considering she has access to information gathered by professionals, that the general public most likely will probably never know.

With all due respect to Kelly Jolkowski, her opinion is not infallible. In fact, often the victim's family can be too close to the case to look at it objectively. I don't believe that Johnny Gosch was abducted into a Franklin child prostitution ring and allowed to visit his mother 20 years later with the MIB, but Noreen Gosch sure does, and she's "in the know" more than I am.

With all due respect to Kelly Jolkowski, her opinion is not infallible. In fact, often the victim's family can be too close to the case to look at it objectively. I don't believe that Johnny Gosch was abducted into a Franklin child prostitution ring and allowed to visit his mother 20 years later with the MIB, but Noreen Gosch sure does, and she's "in the know" more than I am.

BBM.

Oh yeah.. Johnny Gosch's mother is a perfect example of that. I'm open to her story... I just don't believe he visited her.
Even the ones investigated to the full absolute max potential can be the ones hiding something.

I also know that Kelly had said one of the neighbor's houses was searched. I don't recall if she said why exactly that was. I guess they were a strong suspect as well?

I tend to think starting at the very top in Jason's case means trying to answer not the "who" question (i.e., was a work colleague, another acquaintance, or a stranger responsible) but the "how" question. I mean, regardless of who had a hand in his disappearance, I'd like to know, first of all, did he (a) voluntarily/intentionally walk into whatever fateful situation occurred, or (b) get involuntarily diverted from his ordinary intention of showing up at the high school and catching his ride to work?

I think most people seem to assume some version of (a), but I tend to start out from (b). Maybe the reason (b) isn't a the most popular starting place is because it conjures up the notion of a snatch-and-grab sort of abduction, which I agree is entirely implausible. Another non-starter, in my opinion, is the scenario (sometimes mentioned about Jason's case) where a panicked reaction to an automobile accident (i.e., he got hit by a car) leads someone to conceal his body. Why not just hit-and-run? But the kind of think I think of is hoodlums in the back of a truck smashing things with a baseball bat (unlike an accidental collision, in this case it might be reasonable to dispose of the body) or a sniper or serial shooter (although those criminals usually don't want to get near the victim's body).

I tend to think starting at the very top in Jason's case means trying to answer not the "who" question (i.e., was a work colleague, another acquaintance, or a stranger responsible) but the "how" question. I mean, regardless of who had a hand in his disappearance, I'd like to know, first of all, did he (a) voluntarily/intentionally walk into whatever fateful situation occurred, or (b) get involuntarily diverted from his ordinary intention of showing up at the high school and catching his ride to work?

I think most people seem to assume some version of (a), but I tend to start out from (b). Maybe the reason (b) isn't a the most popular starting place is because it conjures up the notion of a snatch-and-grab sort of abduction, which I agree is entirely implausible. Another non-starter, in my opinion, is the scenario (sometimes mentioned about Jason's case) where a panicked reaction to an automobile accident (i.e., he got hit by a car) leads someone to conceal his body. Why not just hit-and-run? But the kind of think I think of is hoodlums in the back of a truck smashing things with a baseball bat (unlike an accidental collision, in this case it might be reasonable to dispose of the body) or a sniper or serial shooter (although those criminals usually don't want to get near the victim's body).

I'm leaning toward "b" myself.

I'm sure this has been posted before but here's directions on Google Maps from Jason's home to Omaha Benson High School showing the most expedient walking route. Does anything stand out to anyone?

jj.jpg

I'm sure this has been posted before but here's directions on Google Maps from Jason's home to Omaha Benson High School showing the most expedient walking route. Does anything stand out to anyone?

attachment.php
I noticed the park along the way,, and one not too far from the school.

Why not just hit-and-run? But the kind of think I think of is hoodlums in the back of a truck smashing things with a baseball bat (unlike an accidental collision, in this case it might be reasonable to dispose of the body) or a sniper or serial shooter (although those criminals usually don't want to get near the victim's body).
I find it hard to believe that if it were hoodlums causing trouble (assuming that they were younger, maybe teens or early 20's?) that they would be able to keep this a secret for so long. Especially once reward money got offered. People talk, gossip happens, and if not that then I'd be shocked that nobody turned on their friends to try to get the money. I know that Omaha has a lot of hang activity, so if it were an actual gang it would be less likely anyone would talk to police for fear of winding up dead.

I find it hard to believe that if it were hoodlums causing trouble (assuming that they were younger, maybe teens or early 20's?) that they would be able to keep this a secret for so long. Especially once reward money got offered. People talk, gossip happens, and if not that then I'd be shocked that nobody turned on their friends to try to get the money. I know that Omaha has a lot of hang activity, so if it were an actual gang it would be less likely anyone would talk to police for fear of winding up dead.

I appreciate this post - I'm a lifelong Chicagoan and I had no idea that Omaha had gang activity - thanks for sharing! I agree about reward money as well, it's a powerful motivator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the park along the way,, and one not too far from the school.

Yes, the park. There's plenty of cover there to stage an abduction, even if Jason didn't know he was being kidnapped at the time. I don't think there would've been much gang activity going on at 10 o'clock in the morning, though.

Such a fascinating disappearance. No clues, no possible explanation, a short window of opportunity. I don't know why I keep coming back to this case, I guess I just hope there will be a breakthrough somewhere but I have no idea where that will come from. It's almost as if Jason vanished in a puff of smoke.

At first I thought he maybe was thrown in the Missouri River (close by to their house) but then I thought that whoever did this probably wouldn't want any body washing up. I suspect that after whoever took Jason killed him, his body was kept hidden somewhere until night and then buried. Nebraska is a wide open area with lots of fields, so many places to bury or hide a body.

Yes, the park. There's plenty of cover there to stage an abduction, even if Jason didn't know he was being kidnapped at the time.

If you look at Lake James Park on Google Maps, either overhead or street view, there isn't much cover. It's just some playground equipment, a few trees and big grass field.

Gallagher Park is much larger with more trees and structures, but there's no evidence he went there or had any reason to.

Which parking lot was he supposed to be meet his coworker in? The large one next to the track?

I wonder if they ever tried using dogs to pick up his scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax