NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/28/grace.coldcase.project.jason/
The last time anyone who knew him saw him, Jason Jolkowski was bringing the empty trash cans in from the curb. That was June 13, 2001. Since then, his cell phone has fallen silent and his bank account hasn't been touched. His last paycheck was never cashed.

Jason was 19 and attending community college part time. He had a job at a restaurant and wanted to be a disc jockey. On the day he disappeared, Jason and his younger brother, Michael, were on summer break from school. Their parents were at work, and the boys were home alone.
Jason worked at a restaurant called Fazoli's. His boss had called him that morning and asked him to come into work on his day off.
Jason's car was at the mechanic's shop, so his boss arranged a ride for him with a co-worker. She and Jason were to meet at a high school parking lot that was within walking distance from the Jolkowskis' home.
According to his mother, Jason had walked that seven-block route before. It took him along quiet, residential streets with little pedestrian or vehicle traffic.
Jason was last seen at 10:15 that morning, standing at the end of his driveway. Less than an hour later, his boss called and spoke with Michael, complaining that Jason had not shown up for work and had never arrived at the high school to meet his ride.

How did Jason get to school before he graduated? Did he walk? Might there have been a creepy neighbor who watched him for years?

http://nebraskaradionetwork.com/2016/06/14/omaha-teen-missing-for-15-years/
June 14, 2016
His brother and a neighbor saw him leave the house but he never made it to the school. Omaha police reviewed security video from the school and it appears he didn’t make it that far
It seems incredible that someone out there has the answers and we can’t find that person. That person isn’t coming forward and we know that person knows.” Murphy is still in regular contact with Omaha police. Jason’s disappearance is listed as a homicide. Persons with information are urged to contact Omaha police or Crime Stoppers.

Which parking lot was he supposed to be meet his coworker in? The large one next to the track?

I wonder if they ever tried using dogs to pick up his scent.
rbbm.
Who knows, maybe it might even work if they brought dogs in now?
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/28/grace.coldcase.project.jason/
Despite mounted searches, ground searches, a helicopter and the use of infrared technology, there was no sign of Jason or any clues to his whereabouts. The family is not certain whether dogs were brought to track the route between the Jolkowski home and the high school. But his mother said she believes that if police had any evidence, they would have shared it with the family.

If you look at Lake James Park on Google Maps, either overhead or street view, there isn't much cover. It's just some playground equipment, a few trees and big grass field.

Gallagher Park is much larger with more trees and structures, but there's no evidence he went there or had any reason to.

Looking on Google Maps as I did, I would say that it's a discreet area with enough tree cover to avoid suspicion.

Gah, I still think something at Fazoli's stinks, and it's not just the food! (srsly, I've never eaten there)

I know people will repeat the mantra that the restaurant was investigated and cleared but without any other lead it always comes back to them. The fact Jason was starting a new job the week after he vanished is also a strange coincidence.

If it wasn't someone connected to the restaurant, this means Jason was either intercepted by an opportunist who just happened to see him walking by, or someone who knew he was coming. As far as we know, it was only his immediate family and the restaurant who were privy to that info. Jason wasn't a little kid who could be snatched up while he strolled past the park. He was a healthy 6 foot something dude. This kind of seemingly random abduction is almost statistically unheard of.

Anywhere we can find out who the manager was at Fazoli's (8002 Cass Street, Omaha) in 2001?

Though I don't think it was a coworker at his job, I wouldn't rule out an opportunistic patron.

Gah, I still think something at Fazoli's stinks, and it's not just the food! (srsly, I've never eaten there)

I know people will repeat the mantra that the restaurant was investigated and cleared but without any other lead it always comes back to them. The fact Jason was starting a new job the week after he vanished is also a strange coincidence.

If it wasn't someone connected to the restaurant, this means Jason was either intercepted by an opportunist who just happened to see him walking by, or someone who knew he was coming. As far as we know, it was only his immediate family and the restaurant who were privy to that info. Jason wasn't a little kid who could be snatched up while he strolled past the park. He was a healthy 6 foot something dude. This kind of seemingly random abduction is almost statistically unheard of.

Anywhere we can find out who the manager was at Fazoli's (8002 Cass Street, Omaha) in 2001?

The boss would have had to have called him in, sent someone to the school, sent the abductors to a spot to kidnap him not knowing if he would walk that route, and then called Jason's house all in the space of an hour.

Why the giant conspiracy and multiple felonies to get rid of someone who would be leaving in a week anyway? Who would have done the actual abduction, and what would have been the motivation?

There have been killers who have targeted young men, most famously John Wayne Gacy and Randy Kraft. But it would have taken very bad luck for Jason and a very brazen abductor for a vehicular abduction to have taken place.

A creepy neighbor luring him in would be much more plausible than a creep who happened to be driving by.

The car accident theory never stays popular for long.

Tracing his possible paths, I wonder if he may have been killed by a dog and the homeowner pulled the body inside.

Maybe they could bring in cadaver dogs to search near the home and school, some can detect human remains years after the person has died.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/science-technology/article9113855.html
Q. What is the time limit on cadaver dogs finding human remains?

A. There’s not a known time limit, but there’s some interesting work going on in the Mississippi Delta where dogs are helping find bones and remains from Mound civilization burials (a Native American culture) that go back 800 or 1,200 years. There is very little scent associated with these old bones. There’s much to be learned here in terms of exactly what the dogs are detecting in these bones. But there are enough positive alerts and recoveries that we know dogs are capable of doing this. Dogs have also been used to help find the remains of missing military personnel in Vietnam.

Tracing his possible paths, I wonder if he may have been killed by a dog and the homeowner pulled the body inside.

So Fazioli's is out, but you offered this as a plausible alternative? :facepalm:

How did Jason get his upcoming job as a DJ? Was it through an employment service?

When exactly did Samuel Sherman disappear? Wasn't he coming home from a job interview?

So Fazioli's is out, but you offered this as a plausible alternative? :facepalm:

It is a completely unexplained disappearance from 16 years ago with no clues. Anything is possible.

Dogs are fully capable of killing people. A frightened dog encountering a stranger could overreact and kill him by biting his throat. A startled dog owner could conceal the body to avoid criminal charges.

Nothing is out. We need to find the explanation that explains the most with the fewest assumptions.

A malicious pizza place manager with an accomplice or hit man is one explanation. A strange yet possible accident and coverup is another.

Everyone here has the same goal. To find out what happened.

It is a completely unexplained disappearance from 16 years ago with no clues. Anything is possible.

Dogs are fully capable of killing people. A frightened dog encountering a stranger could overreact and kill him by biting his throat. A startled dog owner could conceal the body to avoid criminal charges.

And no one in the neighbourhood heard him being mauled to death by a dog? Come on. I respect that you're trying to think outside the box but let's try to keep it real.

At least the Fazioli's theory has a factual connection to the case.

So I still think this was a misunderstanding on Jason's part that got him into the wrong car. If the manager said she would send "someone" to pick Jason up, instead of saying a specific person, Jason could have gotten into the car with a stranger on a misunderstanding on his part. He's standing there, someone comes up and offers him a ride, and he's gone.

A couple weeks ago, I was supposed to pick up a woman in a restaurant parking lot for a volunteer activity. I knew the woman's name, and kind of a description of her. When I got there she wasn't there - she'd gotten into a different car, with people who were also supposed to pick someone up from that parking lot. It's a great thing they meant her no harm. Because REALLY??? I can't believe she did that - without confirming where they were going. It was on the 3rd time she called the driver Jeanna that it became clear she had gotten into the wrong car. Baffling. But I think that could have happened to Jason. He's waiting for a ride, some nefarious person pulls up and rolls down the window and looks like he's going to engage him, and Jason says are you from Fazolis to pick me up? Yes, I am. And that was that.

So I still think this was a misunderstanding on Jason's part that got him into the wrong car. If the manager said she would send "someone" to pick Jason up, instead of saying a specific person, Jason could have gotten into the car with a stranger on a misunderstanding on his part. He's standing there, someone comes up and offers him a ride, and he's gone.

A couple weeks ago, I was supposed to pick up a woman in a restaurant parking lot for a volunteer activity. I knew the woman's name, and kind of a description of her. When I got there she wasn't there - she'd gotten into a different car, with people who were also supposed to pick someone up from that parking lot. It's a great thing they meant her no harm. Because REALLY??? I can't believe she did that - without confirming where they were going. It was on the 3rd time she called the driver Jeanna that it became clear she had gotten into the wrong car. Baffling. But I think that could have happened to Jason. He's waiting for a ride, some nefarious person pulls up and rolls down the window and looks like he's going to engage him, and Jason says are you from Fazolis to pick me up? Yes, I am. And that was that.

He did not appear on surveillance footage from the school. I don't know which lot he was supposed to met her in or how the cameras were positioned at the time, but it doesn't sound like he ever made it there.

@JeannaT,

Jason left his house at about 10:45 AM. It would have taken 15 minutes to reach the school. He should have been there at approximately 11 AM.

The coworker would likely have arrived at the school at approximately 11 AM, if not a few minutes earlier. There is little to zero time for someone else to pick him up at the school.

She waits around and he never shows up. She calls his house sometime between 11:15 and 11:30 AM asking what happened. The police probably know exactly what time she called based on phone records.

This timeline is from the Charlie Project.

This teen was abducted from Omaha in 2001, although female, a male could also be a victim of that, or a witness to it who may need to be silenced. imo speculation.

http://www.ketv.com/article/kidnapping-victim-testifies/7587655
The Kearney, Neb., teenager who was kidnapped last year testified Tuesday against the man accused of abducting her.

Tony Zappa, also known as Anthony Steven Wright, is accused of kidnapping Kearney teenager Anne Sluti (pictured, left) in April 2001. The Kearney teen was missing for nearly a week before she was found in Montana.
Sluti told jurors she did not leave Nebraska willingly. Sluti testified she believed she never had a realistic chance of escaping when Zappa took her to Montana in a stolen Chevrolet Suburban.

What did Jason do at Fazoli's? Did he work the cash register or just make pizzas?

@JeannaT,

Jason left his house at about 10:45 AM. It would have taken 15 minutes to reach the school. He should have been there at approximately 11 AM.

The coworker would likely have arrived at the school at approximately 11 AM, if not a few minutes earlier. There is little to zero time for someone else to pick him up at the school.

She waits around and he never shows up. She calls his house sometime between 11:15 and 11:30 AM asking what happened. The police probably know exactly what time she called based on phone records.

This timeline is from the Charlie Project.

Did anybody actually see Jason leave his house? I believe I remember reading his brother last saw him gathering the trash cans. I'm just wondering if he could have been abducted/went missing from his driveway and may have never even started his walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95