NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who was into bringing younger guys back to his home I think was at the job before Fazolis wasn't it? His mother said at his old job, did she mean the job before Fazolis, or old job as in Fazolis would be his old job because he was starting the DJ one?

How did you determine that?

I've read your previous dismissals of accident theories. Car accidents don't always make tremendous amount of noise. They're usually over in a matter of seconds. People aren't always on the lookout and paying attention to every detail just in case a crime is being committed. .

Because it's so silly.

Has it happened before? Probably. All kinds of crazy, improbable **** has happened, but the chances of Jason getting accidentally run over and the driver hauling his 6'1", 165 lb frame into the house/car to dispose of the body in the middle of the street without anyone hearing or seeing anything is ludicrous.

It's like when someone suggested that Jason got mauled to death by a neighbour's dog and the dog-owner covered it up. People are letting their imaginations run away with them. Just because we don't know what become of Jason, that doesn't mean all theories are equally valid.

Because it's so silly.

Has it happened before? Probably. All kinds of crazy, improbable **** has happened, but the chances of Jason getting accidentally run over and the driver hauling his 6'1", 165 lb frame into the house/car to dispose of the body in the middle of the street without anyone hearing or seeing anything is ludicrous.

It's like when someone suggested that Jason got mauled to death by a neighbour's dog and the dog-owner covered it up. People are letting their imaginations run away with them. Just because we don't know what become of Jason, that doesn't mean all theories are equally valid.

I also proposed the dog mauling theory. I know it's far fetched, but whatever happened to Jason must have been a rare and extreme event since grown men walking 8 blocks and disappearing without a trace is a rare and extreme event.

I think the theory that his co-workers conspired to abduct him and actually pulled it off is silly (see my recent posts). But it isn't impossible, and any possible explanation should be explored so I thank you for proposing it.

There are only two realistic explanations of what happened to Jason: either he was abducted, or he was killed in an accident.

If it wasn't an accident, then he must have been abducted. It must have been a Gacy-type predator who just happened to have very fortunate timing from his point of view and very unfortunate timing from our point of view, or the abductor was working with an employee of Fazoli's.

I listened to the podcast that TroyinTexas mentioned.

These are my notes and observations. I encourage other members to listen, take their own notes and post.

Jason was called into work, but called back to ask someone to meet him at Benson High School. Unless he suggested it during the initial phone call. That got me to thinking - did he call someone else to ask for a ride? Perhaps a neighbor? Or maybe someone from his church? How thoroughly did they check phone and cell phone records?

It was also mentioned that he volunteered at his church. Again, I suspect that angle hasn't been explored thoroughly enough. I hate to get caught up in stereotypes and the hoopla, but churches have had problems with sexual predators in recent years.

Kelly said he asked for a ride because it was too far to walk. Other sources claim he initially planned to walk. Looking on Google Maps, his neighborhood to Fazoli's was quite a long walk, especially for someone who needed to be to work in a hurry.

Probably not relevant, but his car was damaged in a hailstorm and that was why it was in the shop.

She described the neighborhood as being older with most houses being alright but a few pockets of houses in decline. She claimed that about one mile away there was gang activity, but the walk to the school was safe. She stressed that the walk was safe and that Jason had walked to the school when he was in high school. She also said that he would have taken a path that took him past the middle school. If you look on Google Maps, that's the most northern route he could have taken.

The host asked her if people along the route would have recognized him. She said it was possible. It's not definitive that they would have recognized him.

His estimated time of arrival would have been 11AM. The coworker used a payphone at the gas station across the street to call Fazoli's. Jason was not spotted by the security cameras at either Benson High School or the middle school.

There were sex offenders living in the area. The neighborhood doesn't sound super dangerous but wasn't perfectly safe, either.

This leads me to question why a sexual predator neighbor would snatch a 19 year old male at that particular time on that particular day if there would have been so many potential victims going to school on any given day.

There was an older male at a previous (we don't know where) job who liked to invite younger males to his house. He was cleared by the police.

Everyone who knew Jason was interviewed twice - both during the initial investigation and then years later.

His mother was not happy with how the investigation was initially handled.

Dogs were not used to search for Jason. I wondered a lot about that. Volunteers did trace his path looking for anything suspicious.

I also proposed the dog mauling theory. I know it's far fetched, but whatever happened to Jason must have been a rare and extreme event since grown men walking 8 blocks and disappearing without a trace is a rare and extreme event.

Indeed, which is why I think everything points to a sexually-motivated abduction. Like you said, guys like Jason just don't disappear under these circumstances.

There was actually an interesting discussion on the City-Data Forum about Jason's case. Unfortunately, much of the thread is sidetracked with the Franklin scandal but someone identified a possible abduction site behind the school grounds, although if Jason knew his abductor he could've been picked up anywhere along that route and it wouldn't have raised suspicion.

What gets me about this case is that only a small number of people were privy to Jason's change of schedule that day. Who else would've known except Jason, his immediate family and Fazoli's? That leaves an opportunistic neighbour, or a random stranger who was trolling for victims at 10am in the morning.

I looked at his route on Google Earth. Using the house listed as Computer Plus Omaha as a reference point, I counted 46 houses you would walk in front of on that route going from there to the football stadium at the school, if you counted houses on both sides of the streets. That's 46 houses worth of potential witnesses.

He would have crossed a street 5 times to make it to the school. That doesn't provide many opportunities for a car accident.

Bedford Avenue seems like it's something of a main street in the area. A random abductor would probably want to pick someone up on a side street.

A lot of you are thinking abduction by a sexual predator. To me, it just doesn't make sense. Remember, Jason was a physically large 19 year old, basically an adult, not a 14 or 12 year old. Also, Its unlikely he would have accepted a ride as the walk to school was not far, and unlikely he would be easily overpowered and forced into a vehicle.

what if he was trafficked? These guys in this article were operating for 20+ years. Granted, they were operating in CT and MA. It is possible they had "finders" in Jason's state. If someone had a gun, I think Jason would have gotten in the car if he was being threatened. He seems like a nice, naïve child who would not put up a fight.

"Police said the ring exploited young males with mental health issues, by delivering them to "wealthy clients" throughout the state for the goal of having sex for money.

The ring catered to wealthy male clients in CT and MA who paid $250 for sex, according to court papers cited in the News-Times"
http://techknowbits.com/2017/04/human-trafficking-ring-arrests-in-danbury-conn/

A lot of you are thinking abduction by a sexual predator. To me, it just doesn't make sense. Remember, Jason was a physically large 19 year old, basically an adult, not a 14 or 12 year old. Also, Its unlikely he would have accepted a ride as the walk to school was not far, and unlikely he would be easily overpowered and forced into a vehicle.

This was a seemingly 'motiveless' attack. It wasn't a mugging, or a carjacking. A guy disappeared during a short walk through a suburban area. If this was a 19 year-old girl in Jason's position, I would instantly suspect a sexual predator. It's rare for young men to be abducted which is precisely why Jason's case is so extraordinary. I get the impression that Jason was trusting and not very street-smart, it wouldn't take much for a neighbour or friend to exploit his good nature.

I know it is not common for it to happen unless they are a runaway and female, but the article I proved otherwise. Ekardh, can you state your reasons?

I know it is not common for it to happen unless they are a runaway and female, but the article I proved otherwise. Ekardh, can you state your reasons?

The victims you're referring to were vulnerable young males with mental health problems who were groomed and hooked onto drugs. That's how the ringleaders were able to exploit them. This case is not applicable to Jason's circumstances.

The victims you're referring to were vulnerable young males with mental health problems who were groomed and hooked onto drugs. That's how the ringleaders were able to exploit them. This case is not applicable to Jason's circumstances.

According to Jason's Mother, he has disabilities related to speech and language that give the impression that he may be mentally challenged,although he is actually very bright.
The type of person who exploits those with mental health problems, could grab, drug and groom him. Once he is hooked on drugs and his will is broken, anything could happen to him, including being sent/sold to somebody, somewhere else.
Not set on that happening to Jason, but it is possible, imo speculation.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jolkowski_jason.html

According to Jason's Mother, he has disabilities related to speech and language that give the impression that he may be mentally challenged,although he is actually very bright.
The type of person who exploits those with mental health problems, could grab, drug and groom him. Once he is hooked on drugs and his will is broken, anything could happen to him, including being sent/sold to somebody, somewhere else.

He sure sounded articulate on the radio clip that was posted. Wonder what kind of disability it was.

Jason was snatched off the street, doped with xanax, and sold to a senator for the night.

Come aaaahhhn...

Jason was snatched off the street, doped with xanax, and sold to a senator for the night.

Come aaaahhhn...

Did not say that I think that happened, or even that it is likely to have happened, simply suggesting that it could have happened.

He sure sounded articulate on the radio clip that was posted. Wonder what kind of disability it was.

According to a passage in this book, Jason had minor speech and learning difficulties that he worked hard to overcome.
Also, he was very keen on sports trivia and apparently wanted to be a sports DJ.
https://books.google.ca/books?id=65...=jason jolkowski on the radio station&f=false
[h=1]The Last Place You'd Look: True Stories of Missing Persons and the People ...[/h]By Carole Moore

attachment.php

Attachments

• content.jpg
    content.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 86
DOTR, do you think Jason's case may be related to the Sherman disappearance? I know this has already been discussed,but curious to know your thoughts.

Interesting analysis of Jason's case: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/unfoundpodcast/episodes/2016-09-24T09_48_05-07_00.

He absolutely could have been abducted for the purpose of sexual molestation. He was a good looking young man and who is to say a sex offender wouldn't consider him an attractive target. Some of the monks at St. John's sure liked watching the young men showering. One of the St. John's football players complained about a monk sexually harassing him. Were there sex offenders in the area in which he lived and were they interviewed?

Just trying this out for size, some fans get pretty crazy about their team and get nasty to competing team supporters.imo, speculation.
Jason might have stood out to anyone who happened to notice him wearing his favorite team's t shirt, on a day when the Chicago Cubs were playing.

Was he stopped/ distracted by someone asking about the game, offered tickets and taken to Arizona, or chased by a bully causing him to run and get detoured from his route?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/ARI/ARI200106130.shtml
[h=1]Chicago Cubs at Arizona Diamondbacks Box Score, June 13, 2001[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads