GUILTY NE - Juliette Geurts, 2, beaten to death, Gering, 11 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm feeling sadness and anger at the same time that another innocent baby's life was taken needlessly. I want to be involved in Juliette's justice but I also agree we need to wait until Caylee's justice has been resolved. That said, I would like to say that with the "obsession" with Caylee's case, maybe....just maybe it has triggered the feelings of most of the adults in our society that it's time to crusade for these victims and demand justice be brought before the courts. I say, put pressure on the governor. If we can get an email address, that would be a great start. You'd be amazed at what can be done in 48 hours when those start rolling in. In the meantime, let Websleuther's do what they do best and tear this case apart piece by piece. Very sorry about the loss of this baby.

wow how rude and cold of him to say that.

Anyway I will help in anyway I can. When the time is right to bombard news media I will help with that too.

Well isn't that convenient. He said dozens of dead babies....he failed to mention the number of MURDERED babies. BIG difference. Babies die from natural causes quite often. It's the rareity when they are murdered.

I'm here for you!

Mel

I am joining your fight for justice. This is unacceptable. ... We have to hold our authorities accountable, always! Such a sweet baby. Such a dam shame!

Reading between the lines it seems very solvable.

It sounds like Casey doesn't directly blame Charyse, except that she created the household where Juliette was killed. Since he briefly reunited with her, he must have a pretty clear idea that Charyse herself didn't kill the baby. It seems.

This just seems pretty obvious to me. Charyse took a sleeping pill so was basically unconscious during the time this happened. Sounds like the girls woke up, and poor Juliette was too much for one of the guys there to handle, with her childlike needs.

It seems unusual that the extra guy - the not boyfriend - would harm the baby. At that point, a boyfriend would step in.

Even just looking at the 3 pictures of them it jumps out.

Baffling - really - that this case has been ignored by the justice system.

So sad. Such a sweet looking child.

Best wishes and prayers in getting justice done, so whoever murdered her can't harm another child.

Contact Dateline NBC, CBS 60 Minutes, and ABC 20/20. Send a well written organized letter with facts, names, addresses, telephone numbers.
Ask them to find out why no one seems to be investigating this case and no one has been arrested. Tell them about the "gag" order and give the detective's name.
Send them information on the news articles.

Send the letters not only to the network but the Show and to the individual reporters.

You're asking them to investigate the investigators so give them facts not emotions. Reporters deal with facts first.

I hope I haven't offended you with my suggestions. I pray for Juliette to have justice. She deserves it!

I don't understand this ...
A 2 year old with a 4 inch laceration ANYWHERE ?? 4 inches is HUGE on a 2 year old ..they never had to give an explanation ?? Noone in the home that night passed their LDT's? I will go read this tonight but it might give me nightmares ...these dead unprotected children haunt me as I am sure they do you all .

I will be posting a list of all media contacts once Caylee's case is resolved. Of course if anyone wants to make contact before, that is wonderful.

However we have had children missing or even known to have been abducted during Caylee's trial with people begging and pleading for coverage and it did not happen. :banghead:

There is just no way a child dead for almost 3 years is going to get coverage right now. It sucks but it is the same reason my (blonde) cousin's case from Ted Bundy time is still unsolved after 34 years.

I will also have a rough draft of the facts and everything else ready to go for all of you. (If someone does one, feel free to PM it to me, I haven't done it yet.) Of course anyone who wants to make contact earlier, feel free. Just be prepared to do it again once Caylee's case is done. At that point we can use the fact that Caylee's case has been resolved... but Juliette has been known to the media even longer and she still has no justice.

I was HOPING to be able to do so on the 4th or 11th of July but that isn't looking promising... oh well.

I have the media information and I am also ensuring I have all of the pertinent LOCAL information.

(Although if *I* don't get to call Doug Warner names then none of you do either! That isn't going to help unfortunately.) :furious:

This is deeply disturbing.

Can we please have all pertinant media email information listed clearly in this thread or at the begining ?

With so many people on here following the Caylee Anthony murder I think now IS the time to hound the media relentlessly. So many people are tuning into their shows for updates that even a short mention of this case now will bring more attention than after the current trial is over, as many viewers will have moved on.

Now is the time to push for attention & push hard.

You will have a lot of support from the WS group(s). We will do whatever you need to support you. NO CHILD DESERVED TO BE TREATED LIKE JULIETTE AND NO ONE DESERVES TO GET AWAY WITH IT!

When you get the ball started we'll get behind you and join in with contacting the media.

I understand your frustration. For reasons I won't go into I really do understand.

Never give up.

Well, it seems to me that the problem is that they don't know who is responsible. They can't just flip a coin and charge someone randomly, neither can they charge all of them if they others had nothing to do with it. They need evidence people, probability, possibility or some other form of guesswork doesn't cut it. Obviously something happened, but without evidence pointing to the guilty party they will not be able to prove a case. So, unless someone confesses, which is highly unlikely, the case will probably remain unsolved.

I sent the template document to all the people on your e-mail list from the website. It's the least we here at WS can do! I hope somehow the mods can incorporate this into this thread? I woud but I don't want to overstep my user status. God Bless your family and I really hope somehow justice can be served.

OMG OMG OMG at Doug Warner.

I've had to erase post after post before submitting because it would have earned me a one-way vacation to you-know-where. I'll be reading and "thanking" whenever I can. And posting if I can get my fingers to behave.

Rest in peace, Juliette. Justice is coming.

Hey... I just have to tell whomever runs the "justice for juliette" website that 10 of my e=mails came back undeliverable, so u may want to update the contacts....

Hello, I am new around here and not sure where to post this story information.
Almost 3 years ago in Gering, Nebraska, Juliette (age 2) was murdered. There were three adults living in the home at the time of her death.

"This is long but an overview of the case.

In the spring of 2010 our family was finally able to obtain the autopsy report. It confirmed that Juliette died from multiple blunt force trauma which included a lacerated liver and head trauma. She had other injuries, but the 4 inch laceration to her liver caused her death per Mr. Weimer former DA in September 2008.

Juliette and Jaelyn’s Father was attending Army bootcamp at the time of Juliette’s murder. Jaelyn is currently in permanent custody of her Father and Paternal Grandparents. He will be leaving soon for his 3rd tour of duty overseas...........

On July 10th, 2008 Juliette spent the day at Oregan Trail Days, a local annual festivity with her twin Sister Jaelyn, their Mother, her boyfriend, and her other roommate and ex. boyfriend. They didn’t arrive home reportedly until midnight after stopping at the liquor store.

At 3 a.m. on July 11th, 2008 the mother and her boyfriend took Juliette to the Emergency Room and reported they had witnessed a seizure and that she was running a temperature. The hospital reports that Juliette was responding normally, and after examination was sent home with instructions to be monitored closely and to follow up with her primary doctor. Juliette was released around 4 a.m. Upon returning home the mother claims she put Juliette to bed around 4:30a.m., and took a sleeping pill around 5a.m. ... Yes Sleeping Pill!!!! Who was going to take care of Juliette with her seizure and temperature and Jaelyn when she woke up?????

Upon waking up over 7 hours later just before noon. The mother claims that she found Juliette not breathing in her crib. The details get sketchy from here. What we do know is they went to the neighbor’s home where the neighbor called 911. Why the two boyfriends or mommy didn’t use their cell phones, we don’t know. The mother did call her brother who arrived around the same time as the authorities. The mother claims she can't talk about the case because a police officer instructed her not too. Isn't that interesting. Really!!

We have heard for nearly 3 years from the Scottsbluff District Attorney’s Office that they are working the case and that justice will be done. First, from Weimer DA, who is now a Judge and then from Wasserberger former DA and now the new DA Mr. Warner who was from the Attorney General’s Office and has been assigned this case for over 2 years and is the now new Scottsbluff DA. He too preaches the same rhetoric they have told our family nothing for nearly 3 years.

We have been told that the problem with this case is that since no one is talking this case will be too hard to convict. No confessions. REALLY! We have also been told that the neglect/abuse charges that they would use in this case have already passed their statues of limitations for charging... Our question is, are they only looking at only misdemeanor charges... When there are felony neglect /abuse charges that would apply to this case here.

It has also come to our attention that proper protocol was not followed by the responding officer in this case. We couldn’t understand why this case hasn’t been prosecuted... well now we may know why! Once Juliette’s broken little body was removed from the home, the responding officer left the scene without securing it. This officer also did not request a search warrant properly the first time, so a second search warrant needed to be obtained and so the house was not sealed off until 5 days after Juliette’s death. During this time people were coming and going at will. Also, none of the adults that were in the house were officially interviewed until days after Juliette's death resulting in time for them to create a cover. Also, they have failed the lie detector tests and still nothing has been done in this case. The DA said, "Just because someone isn't telling the truth or their story changes doesn't mean they are guilty." Again really!!

This case was botched from the beginning and then covered up! It is time that someone answers for their mistakes and stands up for the life of this precious little girl!

This tragedy was never anything our family expected. At the time this occurred my parents had moved from Gering, Nebraska back to Green Bay WI for 3 years. The mother decided she wanted to be single again after only a year of marriage & my brother had no where to go but back home to his family in Wisconsin without the girls because mommy wasn't going to let the father have them. My brother then decided to enlist in the Army. He has 7 brothers and sisters besides many other extended family members but unfortunately we all live in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio. There was none of his family living in Nebraska to see what was happening to his little girls. As you have read mommy was involved in drugs, had two boyfriends living with her and liked to party at the children's expense. My brother had sent nearly $7,000 to support the twin's in 7 months and mommy was still over 3 months behind in rent and utilities. She chose her life style and her men over her children.

This 720sq ft house had mommy, her two year old twin girls, two adult men & a 15 yo runaway living in it just weeks before Juliette's murder. There was abuse and neglect occurring in that home and the police have done nothing in this case.

Two weeks prior to Juliette's murder she was taken to the emergency room for stitches to her head at 10:00 p.m. & there are different version of stories of how the injury happened.

Less than a month before Juliette's murder mommy & her boyfriend were involved in an assault on a man with a baseball bat where her boyfriend eventually went to prison for this crime and the man he beat with the baseball bat eventually stabbed another man to death. These were the types of individuals that mommy had her two year old twin's exposed to. The mother was also present at the baseball bat felony assault and the police never even talked to her. Her boyfriend was living with her and her twins and never reported the incident leading to a delay of arrest for nearly a month. If the police had arrested them when the assault occurred then maybe CPS would have gotten involved to protect my nieces before Juliette could have been beaten to death less than a month later. So many issues with this whole case."
What can we do?? Where can we go for help? :banghead:
I am so sorry for the loss of your neice and the agnony your family is experiencing. I'm wondering if Family Services/Child Protective Services had any involvement in this case. I'm also confused as to the seemingly hands off approach that has been taken by law enforcement. I am wondering if there is some connection to a larger crime that is seemingly delaying activity in this case. Your situation is horribly sad and so unfortunate. I am so glad to hear that the other twin is has been place in permeant custody with her father and paternal grandparents. This situation has had to have been difficult for her. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope and pray justice will prevail and those repsonsible for this little girl's death will be held accountable.

Well, it seems to me that the problem is that they don't know who is responsible. They can't just flip a coin and charge someone randomly, neither can they charge all of them if they others had nothing to do with it. They need evidence people, probability, possibility or some other form of guesswork doesn't cut it. Obviously something happened, but without evidence pointing to the guilty party they will not be able to prove a case. So, unless someone confesses, which is highly unlikely, the case will probably remain unsolved.

The family understands that there was more than one person present.

There also was in Ethan Stacy's case.

There also was in many other cases.

The difference is that in the other cases the police did not simply ignore the situation for 5 days before making the house a crime scene.

The police did not fail to drug test everyone after getting a story from the mother of the child that she took a sleeping pill... after bringing her child home from the Emergency Room and being told to watch her closely.

The police did not simply give lie detector tests which were failed, then fail to question them further.

The police did not simply allow the suspects to move out of the state and move on with their lives.

The police did not neglect to use the tools at their disposal, such as arresting on other charges... or fail to turn one suspect against the other.

Plenty of cases are complicated.

Plenty of cases have multiple suspects.

There is NO excuse for treating a family this way.

There is NO reason that a man fighting for OUR country should go without justice for his baby girl.

A baby girl who was murdered WHILE he was fighting for our country.

His baby girl would NOT be dead if he had never been in the military.

Yet he is still in the military... and he still has no justice for his baby girl.

There is no excuse for that. It isn't right. It's that simple.

The family understands that there was more than one person present.

There also was in Ethan Stacy's case.

There also was in many other cases.

The difference is that in the other cases the police did not simply ignore the situation for 5 days before making the house a crime scene.

The police did not fail to drug test everyone after getting a story from the mother of the child that she took a sleeping pill... after bringing her child home from the Emergency Room and being told to watch her closely.

The police did not simply give lie detector tests which were failed, then fail to question them further.

The police did not simply allow the suspects to move out of the state and move on with their lives.

The police did not neglect to use the tools at their disposal, such as arresting on other charges... or fail to turn one suspect against the other.

Plenty of cases are complicated.

Plenty of cases have multiple suspects.

There is NO excuse for treating a family this way.

There is NO reason that a man fighting for OUR country should go without justice for his baby girl.

A baby girl who was murdered WHILE he was fighting for our country.

His baby girl would NOT be dead if he had never been in the military.

Yet he is still in the military... and he still has no justice for his baby girl.

There is no excuse for that. It isn't right. It's that simple.

Thank God they gave him custody. I am so sorry for what your family is going through. Keep believing and never give up!

I wish I knew what to tell you on how to help.
We keep sending letters to the authorities, calling them and emailing them. They probably delete the emails like they hang up on the phone calls.
We have tried America's Most Wanted. I know John would have gotten us our answers but the police department in charge of Juliette's cage refuses to let them help! Yes, you read it right, REFUSES the help of professionals who have been solving crimes successfully for years. How sad. If they aren't covering something up, then why wouldn't they want the big boys to come aid them in their efforts of finding the killer?
Which really shouldn't be that hard, seeing as there we 3 people in the home at the time of her death! But instead the DA in Juliette's case is waiting for a confession! Like that is really ever going to happen! What are they hiding that they are using the death of Juliette to keep covered up??? :maddening: :bump:

This is what infuriates me the Most! The LE in the Gering/Scottsbluff, Nebraska, which is the jurisdiction for Juliette's murder, have so many LE who are related!! There is a wall of obstruction to justice by the all of the players who are supposed to be working "For the People". Those in power right now are:
Henry Moreno -lead investigator in Juliette's case for Gering PD
Alex Moreno- Police Chief Scottsbluff PD
Vicky Moreno- Criminal investigator & Capstone Scottsbluff PD
Peter Moreno- Police Officer
Even this news organization refuses to get the word out to the citizens:
KDUH TV News Director (brother in law to DA Warner)

Also, of great importance: Juliette's Daddy, Casey is a United States Soldier!!
The Military Police say that they can do nothing and also, of importance, there is one investigator from the FBI who has only "looked" at the case.

Juliette's family is very committed to get justice for her and have a Facebook page, which is where I become more knowledgeable on this case.

I know the Caylee case has everyone's attention right now, but the second that we have justice for Caylee....Let's all do whatever is in our humanly powers to get justice for Juliette...(TIA)

I hope I'm not asking questions that have already been answered and I apologize if I am.
Has the paternity test been done for Adrianna and if so what was the result?
Has there been in progress in getting custody of Adrianna or is it pending the paternity test?
When will Casey be back from Iraq?
Has anyone notified Child Protective Services in San Antonio, TX of the situation and requested they check in on Adrianna and Charyse Vardeman Geurts?

I don't know if this will be helpful, but I saw a program about a girl who was shot to death in a parking lot. There was a suspect, but no arrests. The family filed a lawsuit against either the suspect or LE (sorry can't remember which). The attorney deposed the suspect and invited a local reporter to the deposition. He then reported on the case. The suspect made a lot of incriminating statements. The lawsuit seemed to get the ball rolling and the suspect was finally arrested and convicted.
Just throwing out ideas to get this case out there.

I just had another thought. Is it not a fact that this child was in a house with the three adults named? Why doesn't LE charge all three of them? They are either guilty of murder or concealing evidence. It all three were arrested, I bet they would talk. Surely there is enough proof that Juliette was fatally injured while in the care of those three adults?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back