GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are countless mothers who have no idea their daughters are being molested by their fathers and stepfathers. This man is a criminal and I'm sure wasn't advertising his plans for Kerra.

The mother is the victim here too unless or until LE says otherwise IMO.

I am one who believes that there are ALWAYS signs that a child is being abused. But some parents are either too busy or disconnected to see it, while others may attribute it to some other cause because they don't understand what the signs mean. Then there are the parents who either live in denial, or do not want to know what is going on with their child.

I am not really blaming the mother, or the other adult family members at this time, because it's possible that they may have not realized what the signs of abuse are in children Kerra's age. But I'd bet she was exhibiting symptoms in some way.

NSP Briefing - September 23, 2011 - YouTube

At 5:31 in the video, a reporter asks about the flyer with Ford Ranger truck. Lt Bartling says "we are looking for all items of evidence and that was a pick-up of interest".

If that vehicle turns out to be SL's truck, it sounds like a few people knew or suspected he was involved in Kerra's disappearance from the get go?

I never read or heard they were looking for a truck. I must of really missed that one.

also, LE said he is being charged with murder, they never said sexual assault in that video that I heard. I think the press put that out there. So until the autopsy is done, they don't know what happened or how.IMO

NO NO NO NO!!!!! Will it never stop??? Innocent sweet children tortured.. and taken way too soon..Somer, Zahra, Caylee, Hayleigh, Karmon, and so many others in a living hell right now. Rest In Peace sweet Kerra, and its true.. you will never hurt again. But I sure as hell hope he does.

I am one who believes that there are ALWAYS signs that a child is being abused. But some parents are either too busy or disconnected to see it, while others may attribute it to some other cause because they don't understand what the signs mean. Then there are the parents who either live in denial, or do not want to know what is going on with their child.

I am not really blaming the mother, or the other adult family members at this time, because it's possible that they may have not realized what the signs of abuse are in children Kerra's age. But I'd bet she was exhibiting symptoms in some way.

You're right and I may be jumping the gun. I'm quite angry right now, and my experience is knowing that people choose to look the other way. I highly doubt this was a first time thing in this family. He lived in their home. There had to be signs. I wonder if she cried when her mother left the house?

She says in the video that SL's criminal history was "very minimal" and there was "nothing of significance" that she observed.

OMG watching the presser made me bawl my eyes out. Lt. Bartling is one class act. I just wanted to hug her when she was standing up there crying telling us of finding Kerra and talking about her school. Thank you so much for your hard work Lt. Bartling.

This is so sad. I have a wonderful stepfather who married my mom when I was in the first grade. I never had to worry about abuse, sexual or otherwise. He was/is the perfect stepfather. He refused to make me go to my real fathers when I rebelled. He didn't know why I didn't want to go but he supported me anyway. I told him later the problem was drinking and not abuse and he said it didn't matter, he was my daddy and it was his job to protect me.

I knew I was lucky but I didn't appreciate it growing up as much as I do now. I'm so sorry Kerra didn't have that comfort.

I still want to know about "relatives" that say they saw her after the Stepfather dropped her off!!!!

If they said this to cover for him, they need to be charged with interfering with an investigation...

To be fair, I don't think the relatives claimed to have seen her, only that she had been dropped off. They could have been just repeating what they were told by the mother and sf.

This is so sad. I have a wonderful stepfather who married my mom when I was in the first grade. I never had to worry about abuse, sexual or otherwise. He was/is the perfect stepfather. He refused to make me go to my real fathers when I rebelled. He didn't know why I didn't want to go but he supported me anyway. I told him later the problem was drinking and not abuse and he said it didn't matter, he was my daddy and it was his job to protect me.

I knew I was lucky but I didn't appreciate it growing up as much as I do now. I'm so sorry Kerra didn't have that comfort.

Yes, some stepfathers just step right in and become fathers. My daughter was so close to my second husband that she asked him to walk her down the aisle instead of her bio father.

It was reported that witnesses saw Keera at the picnic table. People linked many times last night. I think NG also reported about it last night. So WTH was with that???

So another PC coming this afternoon. What else is there that the public needs to know? Will there be more charges?

It was reported that witnesses saw Keera at the picnic table. People linked many times last night. I think NG also reported about it last night. So WTH was with that???

Mistaken identity, crappy reporting, or rumours. All we know is that she wasn't at the Subway.

Unless Mom is charged, she is considered a victim here. No FB links to her page and no bashing will be allowed.

This is a soul sickening case....

Unless Mom is charged, she is considered a victim here. No FB links to her page and no bashing will be allowed.

This is a soul sickening case....

Otay. I'm going to go cool down for a few minutes.

Every thread here breaks my heart.

I don't believe in a magical god that watches out for people so I have no prayers to offer, nor do I believe in telepathic support. I believe we have to watch out for each other.

I think we all need to do a better job.

Otay. I'm going to go cool down for a few minutes.

It's not easy, I know. In the first minutes after I learned Kerra's fate, my reaction was such that I seriously feared my neighbors would be alarmed. There's not one element of hyperbole to that statement.

We have to protect our children better. I'm hundreds of miles away from Kerra's town, never met her, yet I feel like I've somehow let her down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313
Back