Found Deceased NE - Loveda 92 & Robert Proctor 89, Endangered Advisory, no phone or bank card, blue 2007 Chrys Pacifica, last seen Grand Island, 12 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1673871264687.png

AURORA - Aurora Police and the Nebraska State Patrol need your help in locating two people who haven't been seen since Thursday.

An endangered missing advisory has been issued for 89-year old Robert Proctor. Proctor is a white male, 5’ 9", 145 lbs with thin gray hair. According to family members, Robert and his wife, 92-year old Loveda Proctor, were last seen in Grand Island on January 12th, Loveda is a white female, 5'2”, 180 lbs, with blue eyes, gray hair.

The family says to be on the lookout for a blue, 2007 Chrysler Pacifica with Navy license plate number 10 30 and a navy seabees sticker on the back window, traveling in an unknown direction.

Robert has dementia and needs blood pressure medication, while Loveda becomes disoriented while driving at night. Neither person has a cellphone or debit card in their possession to help track them either.

If you have any information, please contact the Aurora Police Department at 402-694-5815, or the Nebraska State Patrol at either *55 or 1-800-525-5555 immediately

Aurora NE Police Facebook:

1673871928092.png
1673872266705.png
1673872057022.png
1673872088961.png

Snipped...
...Bob and Loveda Proctor, 89 and 92, respectively, were last seen Thursday afternoon in Grand Island, where they had lunch at Applebee's. According to their son, Victor Proctor, the couple has no cell phone or credit card with them, and their dog and medications are still at home, indicating the absence wasn't planned.

AURORA, Neb. (KSNB) - The Aurora Police Department is following up on leads in the hopes of finding a couple who’s been missing for several days.

Robert and Loveda Proctor were reported missing to the Aurora Police Saturday morning.

Aurora Police Lt. Ryan Dummer tells Local4 they have had multiple reports of possible sightings in the Omaha metro/Council Bluffs area.

He said nothing has been confirmed but they are following up on the tips by speaking to the reporting parties and hopefully get video confirmation.

Aurora Nebraska Police Department
on Sunday
The APD is seeking the publics assistance in locating a missing elderly couple. The couple may be traveling in a blue 2007 Chrysler Pacifica, Nebraska license plate 1030 and a Navy Seabees sticker. If you have any information please contact the Aurora Police Department at 402-694-5815.
May be an image of text that says 'SEABEE NAVY'

May be an image of text that says 'PLACE STICKER HERE NEBRASKA ര 2023 10 1 30 -UNITEDTAY UNITED STATES NAVY'

May be an image of car and text that says 'Search inside image'

May be an image of 5 people, people sitting and indoor

Missing a week tomorrow afternoon. I hope all highway & roadway cameras have been checked. If they cannot be tracked that way, bodies of water should be next.

I'm not hearing what I want to hear from LE in the recent article posted here. URGENCY!

There was a late start in reporting them + an extra day before the alert went out.

Do they own property other than their home? Are they homebodies or do they travel farther away often? Why no phone with them?

Aurora is around 5,000 population. What major artery cams have been checked?

Absolutely no confirmed sightings is disturbing. Unless they are staying with someone they know, this looks sadly dire.

Hoping this is all a result of lack of communication of their plans, rather than the alternatives.

moo

Still missing but Robert's EMA missing advisory has been cancelled - I hate this! (reason cancelled is BBM)

"The Endangered Missing Advisory for one member of an Aurora couple is canceled.

The EMA for Robert Proctor has been automatically canceled by law enforcement because he has been missing for longer than 72 hours."

Grrrr...

“We really have no idea what direction they could be in or anything,” the couple’s granddaughter, Laci Fleming said.
So LE hadn't tried to spot them on traffic cams or their efforts have turned up nothing?

These two didn't have a suicide pact, did they? (I hate writing that.)

I wish we knew more about search efforts. Or an idea of what LE's theories are.

This is sad.

JAN 20

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Authorities on Friday confirmed a sighting of a missing Aurora couple.

The Grand Island Police Department says it has new information regarding the movements of Robert and Loveda Proctor.

With the help of the community, police say they placed the Proctors outside of Grand Island after 10 p.m. on Jan. 11.

Previously, the last spotting of the two was at 8:15 p.m. near Faidley Avenue and Webb Road.

The department says it doesn’t have any information suggesting the two returned to Grand Island after 10 p.m.

UPDATE: The family of missing couple Robert and Loveda Proctor are not giving up.

They are now piecing together a timeline of events for January 11th, the last day the couple was seen.

Using surveillance footage, conducting interviews and even recreating possible routes, the family says they have a clearer picture of where the couple went that day before going missing.

In a document the family writes of a trip to the St. Francis ER in Grand Island for Bob who wasn't feeling well. Bob was discharged and the two left with Veda behind the wheel at 8:04pm.

The family says they viewed footage showing Veda "aimlessly drive around searching for Aurora" even stopping at a home in Giltner for directions to Aurora sometime around 10:00pm. In video, Veda is seen turning east on W 6 Road near Giltner at 10:25pm.

It appears the trail ends there.

The family thanks all who have helped with the search. "The Aurora Police Department is working tirelessly around the clock.
We can feel their hearts aching as they constantly have Bob and Veda on their minds. The Civil Air Patrol continuously offers their support and has strategically searched and assisted. Several friends and family members continue search efforts as well as assisting with helping spread the word far and wide. There are undoubtedly others working hard to get us answers as well. We deeply appreciate the help we’ve received as well as all the prayers and well wishes. Please never give up on this search, we WILL find Bob and Loveda Proctor."

If you have any information on their whereabouts, please contact law enforcement immediately.

Click here for our previous coverage: Police continue to follow leads about missing Aurora couple

Source: NTV News

Unfortunately these cases often end up with a car wrecked in a hidden location such as water, deep ditch, or a ravine.

This part of the country is pretty flat and doesn't have a lot of opportunities to hide a wrecked car.

I hope they use their local knowledge to focus on those places where a car could remain undetected. They need to get in the air.

She was probably driving down 6 looking for 14 to get back to Aurora and missed that turn (she may have turned early or late).

Last edited:
The article above suggests that she knew not to take gravel roads and she turned in generally the right direction to get home. I wonder how long she would have driven before she realized she was lost again? I can't look at a map and see an obvious mistake she would have made that would lead to a hidden car unless she drove for a very long time. At some point she would run out of gas or realize she should stop and get help.

The article above suggests that she knew not to take gravel roads and she turned in generally the right direction to get home. I wonder how long she would have driven before she realized she was lost again? I can't look at a map and see an obvious mistake she would have made that would lead to a hidden car unless she drove for a very long time. At some point she would run out of gas or realize she should stop and get help.
Hidden car.... MOO -- parked in an enclosure, to sleep until morning and succumbed to the elements or carbon monoxide poisoning.... or went off the road, into water.

I'd rather they jumped a bus to Graceland and are living their best lives, sighting-seeing and souvineer-collecting.... but it's been too long, too quiet for this to have a happy ending.

:(

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper