Found Deceased NE - Loveda 92 & Robert Proctor 89, Endangered Advisory, no phone or bank card, blue 2007 Chrys Pacifica, last seen Grand Island, 12 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep scanning the entire state for something that would look like a turn or turn-around that has water at the end of it... I just feel like she wouldn't have driven for hours, especially since she had already stopped and asked for help at least once, she wasn't averse to asking.

Something like @Megnut above, they stopped and parked somewhere; in an enclosure or a parking lot. The car isn't going to be found too far away ...MOO

I keep scanning the entire state for something that would look like a turn or turn-around that has water at the end of it... I just feel like she wouldn't have driven for hours, especially since she had already stopped and asked for help at least once, she wasn't averse to asking.

Something like @Megnut above, they stopped and parked somewhere; in an enclosure or a parking lot. The car isn't going to be found too far away ...MOO
They would have been in need of a rest(room) stop if nothing else. Ergo secluded. By now they've surely pulled their cc accounts (can they? No crime. Adults can go missing.) to determine the last time fuel was purchased, when and how much. Seems like that would give LE is pretty finite radius.

I predict, whatever happened, it happened on the front side of midnight.

:(

Latest I could find is this article from Jan 30

The couple’s granddaughter, Laci Fleming, told CrimeOnline that the pair left their Aurora home on January 11 at around 4:10 p.m. for Grand Island, Nebraska. They stopped at the Grand Island VA hospital after Robert said he “felt like hell,” according to Fleming.

After Proctor received medical care, Veda tried to drive them home in the dark, and at some point got lost while trying to return to Aurora.

“Veda attempts to drive them home in the dark and heads west on Faidley Avenue from St. Francis,” Fleming wrote. “Video footage shows Veda turns south on Webb Road around 8:15 pm. They aimlessly drive around searching for Aurora, NE.”

How can a vehicle just vanish?

There are virtually no lakes. I think the riverbed is dry. There's farmland as far as the eye can see, and on top of that, the eye can see forever because it's mostly flatlands. Probably safe to say it's not a hub for hijacking.

Even if they left home with the fullest of gas tanks, there's only so far they could go before refueling or running out of gas.

I just don't see water anywhere. Which leaves a ravine or an enclosure... or somehow lost in plain sight, outside where they've searched.

May they be found.

JMO

Latest I could find is this article from Jan 30

The couple’s granddaughter, Laci Fleming, told CrimeOnline that the pair left their Aurora home on January 11 at around 4:10 p.m. for Grand Island, Nebraska. They stopped at the Grand Island VA hospital after Robert said he “felt like hell,” according to Fleming.

After Proctor received medical care, Veda tried to drive them home in the dark, and at some point got lost while trying to return to Aurora.

“Veda attempts to drive them home in the dark and heads west on Faidley Avenue from St. Francis,” Fleming wrote. “Video footage shows Veda turns south on Webb Road around 8:15 pm. They aimlessly drive around searching for Aurora, NE.”
Giltner. Goodness, the poor dear drove nearly exactly the right distance home from the hospital. In the dark. In the exact wrong direction. :(

Where, oh, where did they go from there?

Nature calls. I wonder if she found an outbuilding to park behind. And they decided to sleep there until morning. Ran out of gas and the cold took over...

I wish I owned a thousand drones.

Or a great big rewind reel and I'd take it back to the day they left the hospital and I'd turn them home instead.

JMO

How can a vehicle just vanish?

There are virtually no lakes. I think the riverbed is dry. There's farmland as far as the eye can see, and on top of that, the eye can see forever because it's mostly flatlands. Probably safe to say it's not a hub for hijacking.

Even if they left home with the fullest of gas tanks, there's only so far they could go before refueling or running out of gas.

I just don't see water anywhere. Which leaves a ravine or an enclosure... or somehow lost in plain sight, outside where they've searched.

May they be found.

JMO
I shouldn’t even speculate because a local would know so much more than I. But my mom was born in Grand Island and I spent many summers there as a kid. It is FLAT. We used to play football in the middle of the Platte River. The deepest part came up to my mid-thighs as a 6-year-old. I cannot picture how any body of water, ditch or snowfall along the road could be deep enough to hide these sweet folks for so long. Where would they go and why haven’t they been found? :( Jmo

I'm thinking a retention pond (deeper esp near interstate overpasses) OR they pulled into a barn to get protection from the weather and some snowbird farmer isn't home to check his/ her property.

Giltner. Goodness, the poor dear drove nearly exactly the right distance home from the hospital. In the dark. In the exact wrong direction. :(

Where, oh, where did they go from there?

Nature calls. I wonder if she found an outbuilding to park behind. And they decided to sleep there until morning. Ran out of gas and the cold took over...

I wish I owned a thousand drones.

Or a great big rewind reel and I'd take it back to the day they left the hospital and I'd turn them home instead.

JMO
So hoping for a good outcome on this :(

I'm thinking their car will be found hidden in some bushes/trees, in a deep ditch or in the middle of nowhere, where they ran out of gas. MOO

So sad, makes me wish I could have just drove them home that night, they were obviously confused and lost and probably very tired.

MOO

They would have been in need of a rest(room) stop if nothing else. Ergo secluded. By now they've surely pulled their cc accounts (can they? No crime. Adults can go missing.) to determine the last time fuel was purchased, when and how much. Seems like that would give LE is pretty finite radius.

I predict, whatever happened, it happened on the front side of midnight.

:(
It's been reported in the beginning they had no bank cards ( at least debit card) or cell. Not sure if they had any credit cards.

No clue how much cash they had on them. I keep thinking they stopped to ask for directions, makes me think they would have stopped to ask to use a phone etc if they could. Absolutely breaks my heart.

Awful to think about a criminal element but could they have stopped at somebody’s place who took advantage of a lost elderly couple, causing harm to them in order to steal their money and vehicle? Or even if someone came across them while parked somewhere? Not everybody has honourable intentions.

They‘ve been missing for almost a month now, in an area where it appears there’s no reason they wouldn’t have been found early on.

JMO

HASTINGS, Neb. — The Aurora Police Department said they have been able to confirm by video surveillance that Robert and Loveda Proctor were observed on January 12 at 1:02 a.m.

They were spotted traveling west from the Pump & Pantry along Highway 6 on the east side of Hastings.

HASTINGS, Neb. — The Aurora Police Department said they have been able to confirm by video surveillance that Robert and Loveda Proctor were observed on January 12 at 1:02 a.m.

They were spotted traveling west from the Pump & Pantry along Highway 6 on the east side of Hastings.
Left the VA around 8:30 as I recall.... 1:02, still lost.

Sweet Jesus, where did they go?????

jmo

According to my map, hwy 6 Ts. Now I see some water hazards, left or right.

Jmo

Is there a typo in that article? It says Jan 12 at 1:02 am. If they were previously seen at lunch on the 12th then this doesn't make sense, it must either mean they were seen driving at 1pm, or early the next morning at 1am which would be the 13th, not the 12th.

Or am I confused?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper