Found Deceased NE - Loveda 92 & Robert Proctor 89, Endangered Advisory, no phone or bank card, blue 2007 Chrys Pacifica, last seen Grand Island, 12 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deputies were able to locate the vehicle, which was identified as the missing vehicle of the Aurora, Neb. couple Robert and Loveda Proctor, said police.

According to BCSO, two adults were located deceased in the area of the scene, and further investigation identified the persons as Robert and Loveda Proctor. Foul play is not suspected. Autopsies have been ordered by the Buffalo County Attorney’s Office.

The investigation is ongoing, and includes the Buffalo County Sheriff’s Office, Aurora Police Department, and Kearney Police Department, with assistance from Kearney Volunteer Fire Department.

Sad !
"Found in the area of the vehicle..." ; I wonder if they'd run out of gas and tried to walk to get help ?
So vulnerable at that age.
I hope they had some good moments, too -- on their last trip.
I want to think their passing was as peaceful as possible, but it sounds very distressing.
So sorry for them both !

Thankful their loved ones can lay them to rest respectfully.
Rest in gentle peace, Bob and Veda.
M00.

I hate that this happened to them. I keep thinking about this from the OP:

"In a document the family writes of a trip to the St. Francis ER in Grand Island for Bob who wasn't feeling well. Bob was discharged and the two left with Veda behind the wheel at 8:04pm."

Oh if only he would have been admitted to the hospital that night! It's heartbreaking to think of them being in distress when he already felt ill. I hope they went peacefully at the same time but I also realize that's probably not realistic. It helps me though that it sounds like they were salt-of-the-earth people and I imagine their faith was strong up to the end. RIP Bob and Loveda and many prayers to their loved ones.

Very tragic story. One of those "your worst nightmare" actually coming true. Can anyone who is familiar with the area speculate on how they ended up in that spot? By going down to street view in Google for that spot, I can see how confusing it could be to know which direction to head. Its too bad they didn't pull over on a more heavily travelled road/street/highway.
This is the spot on google maps:

Very tragic story. One of those "your worst nightmare" actually coming true. Can anyone who is familiar with the area speculate on how they ended up in that spot? By going down to street view in Google for that spot, I can see how confusing it could be to know which direction to head. Its too bad they didn't pull over on a more heavily travelled road/street/highway.
This is the spot on google maps:
They were last seen heading west on out of Hastings. The next town they would have entered was Minden, 34 miles to the west. Vada likely turned north on Hwy 10, which continues straight to the location they were found. Ten miles north of Minden, at the intersection with I-80, the Hwy becomes Keystone Road. Five miles farther north, after crossing RR tracks, the pavement ends. They and the vehicle were found 6-7 miles north up that same road. The Keystone Rd itself, while gravel, is a maintained road, so its my opinion that they were found down a "trail" road east or west of Keystone Rd.588E341E-8DE5-4FAF-8AE7-52CE6A0EC709.jpeg

I hate that this happened to them. I keep thinking about this from the OP:

"In a document the family writes of a trip to the St. Francis ER in Grand Island for Bob who wasn't feeling well. Bob was discharged and the two left with Veda behind the wheel at 8:04pm."

Oh if only he would have been admitted to the hospital that night! It's heartbreaking to think of them being in distress when he already felt ill. I hope they went peacefully at the same time but I also realize that's probably not realistic. It helps me though that it sounds like they were salt-of-the-earth people and I imagine their faith was strong up to the end. RIP Bob and Loveda and many prayers to their loved ones.
The family posted on the official FB missing page earlier that Bob WAS admitted to the hospital in Grand Island. However, Bob insisted on going home that night, and was dismissed.

They were last seen heading west on out of Hastings. The next town they would have entered was Minden, 34 miles to the west. Vada likely turned north on Hwy 10, which continues straight to the location they were found. Ten miles north of Minden, at the intersection with I-80, the Hwy becomes Keystone Road. Five miles farther north, after crossing RR tracks, the pavement ends. They and the vehicle were found 6-7 miles north up that same road. The Keystone Rd itself, while gravel, is a maintained road, so its my opinion that they were found down a "trail" road east or west of Keystone Rd.View attachment 408706

Thanks for the map. I wonder what led them to stop in the final point they were found at - car running out of gas, car breakdown, health problem for either of them, need to sleep, need to use the bathroom. Since they were both out of the car, IIRC, that seems like a possibility, but I wonder why they didn't get back into the car.

Thanks for the map. I wonder what led them to stop in the final point they were found at - car running out of gas, car breakdown, health problem for either of them, need to sleep, need to use the bathroom. Since they were both out of the car, IIRC, that seems like a possibility, but I wonder why they didn't get back into the car.

According to news reports the vehicle became stuck, speculation only but possibly they were trying to do an U-turn. I feel so sad for not only them but all their friends and family who early on were hopeful they’d still be found alive. But nobody would’ve ever suspected they’d driven so far off the route back to Aurora.

“A Nebraska couple who went missing in mid-January were found dead near a vehicle stuck on a maintenance road, according to the Buffalo County Sheriff’s Office.….

…..The sheriff’s office was contacted at about 3:15 p.m. Saturday by a citizen who found a vehicle stuck on a minimum maintenance road almost 11 miles northeast of Kearney, Nebraska….”

The family posted on the official FB missing page earlier that Bob WAS admitted to the hospital in Grand Island. However, Bob insisted on going home that night, and was dismissed.

Oh I hadn't seen that! That makes me so sad! I have elderly relatives who would probably make the same decision and would want to go home too though. My MIL had a broken hip and still thought she could just go home and "stretch it out".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back