NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Makes you wonder, if this guy is not whom/what he claims to be, doesn't it? And if perhaps the killings are related to something BH discovered about his background or motive? The quit claim deed has always bothered me. I did not want to be the first to mention it, it has been known by some of us from the getgo. Maybe it has been, but I don't recall it. There may be some good reason for the name change on the property but I can't think of one that doesn't leave more questions.

Wow! That's random. Just all of a sudden they go on the news and say they're looking at the gaming aspect. Didn't we talk about that in the beginning?

Hope this isn't the first time they've looked at the gaming part on the internet! :eek:

Someone HAS to know something! :maddening:

JMHO
fran

Wow! That's random. Just all of a sudden they go on the news and say they're looking at the gaming aspect. Didn't we talk about that in the beginning?

Hope this isn't the first time they've looked at the gaming part on the internet! :eek:

JMHO
fran

Oddly I had been turning that over in my mind today. I saw a 'Law and Order' rerun on TV last evening that got me thinking. The victim in that episode was a young gamer who had his throat slashed in an arcade by a crazed religous fanatic who thought he was saving him from the devil. I had been thinking and wondering if LE really checked that aspect out at the time, maybe looking for someone mentally unstable whom may have had some medical or military training to have killed so expertly.

Of course it's now four years later. The trail is very cold, even if they can ID participants in some online game he was playing, their whereabouts may be a different matter.

This may sound delusional but I believe the lead detective has been looking at our comments all along. He may have been motivated to go where they are now because of our posts.

With over 40K members and double that in 'visitors,' you'd be SURPRISED at who lurks within the pages of Websleuths! ;)

just sayin'
fran
:)

Just for the record, today is the fourth anniversary of these killings. The KMTV story was the only one I can locate in Omaha media, including the World Herald and other stations. Not a big surprise, you cannot expect a high interest level on something unsolved like this after so long.

Some very precious time was wasted IMO by OPD detectives handling this case at the outset. From what I have learned, they spent several months chasing down an angle that turned out not to be true. They were convinced that this was a drug thing involving Shirlee's family. Their prime suspect passed a polygraph and then they were back at square one. Those same detectives were very defensive if not downright hostile toward anyone questioning their handling or even offering input. One of these detectives referred to this writer as "That *advertiser censored****e on the internet" to another WS member who'd called offering information. Thankfully this case is in much different hands now.

I have to say, for the life of me- why didn't the original detectives persue the internet connection when it was fresh? None of us on here have degrees in LE but we figured out early on that could be a key. I believe I brought that up on the first thread, about mid 2009.

I plan to email KMTV and thank them for keeping this case alive. I will not comment on the station website, you have to go through Facebook and I do not want my real name out there.

Snick:
I recall it was you who brought the internet possibility up when this crime first happened. I think I also remember, it was this case that brought you to Websleuths in the first place.

You've been a long-time lone advocate for Shirley and Thomas. It's been a long road, so far to nowhere. I just pray LE is on the right trail now.

I don't know who committed this crime. But someone did! Someone was welcomed into that home under false-pretenses and cold-bloodedly murdered the two victims. It's just a shame this case has taken so long to get nowhere.

I'm surprised in the article I read the other day, the victim's families wouldn't comment on the story. You would think the families of the victims would do anything that would keep the story front and center so that it may lead to solving this crime and whoever did this made to pay.

During the earlier days, this case had a much better chance of being solved. Now that everything has gone so cold, it'll be a miracle if anything turns up to be valid. :(

Don't let anyone side-track you Snick. You're on the right side.... Shirley and Thomas' side!

Keep it up Snick!
:hug:

JMHO
fran

Snick:
I recall it was you who brought the internet possibility up when this crime first happened. I think I also remember, it was this case that brought you to Websleuths in the first place.

You've been a long-time lone advocate for Shirley and Thomas. It's been a long road, so far to nowhere. I just pray LE is on the right trail now.

I don't know who committed this crime. But someone did! Someone was welcomed into that home under false-pretenses and cold-bloodedly murdered the two victims. It's just a shame this case has taken so long to get nowhere.

I'm surprised in the article I read the other day, the victim's families wouldn't comment on the story. You would think the families of the victims would do anything that would keep the story front and center so that it may lead to solving this crime and whoever did this made to pay.

During the earlier days, this case had a much better chance of being solved. Now that everything has gone so cold, it'll be a miracle if anything turns up to be valid. :(

Don't let anyone side-track you Snick. You're on the right side.... Shirley and Thomas' side!

Keep it up Snick!

JMHO
fran

Fran, thank you. I'm not going anywhere- it sometimes seems I care more about Thomas, at least, than those closest to him. But then I remind myself that everyone deals with tragedy differently. These victims need someone to raise hell when needed and I am happy to fill that need..

Snick:

Keep it up Snick!

JMHO
fran

Here, Here, Fran! Hats off to Snick for his perseverance and determination in persuing justice for Tom and Shirlee! :applause:

wm

Is anyone familiar with this:

http://www.vidocq.org/

I just read "The Murder Room" a book that focuses on this group of internationally known crime solvers. They will accept cases for review if they are at least two years old. Ther catch: referral must be by LE or a family member.

I seriously question if OPD will be willing to do this. I wonder if any of the family members would be? Just throwing this out FWIW.

I am familar with this group.

There was I believe a documentary regarding them and proceeded to do some research on them. Many where not named during the program that participate. It was interesting to hear about the personalities of some of the members.

The cases must be presented to them. They then determine whether they will take the case. It appeared they are extremely selective in what cases they do take. This is just the impression I got. The members are what is said to be the "best of the best".

JMHO
fran

Yes, we've discussed this gaming aspect often and Lt.Kanger mentioned all the points we made in posts here at WS months ago. I specifically remember because I went on about my SIL wearing a headset and conversing & playing with peeps from all over.

We also discussed a rash of stabbings over online gaming disputes that occurred in several different countries.

Good on OPD if they lurk here! WS is a great resource for LEA's in solving cases. The Abraham Shakespeare case comes to mind as an example.

I love Lt Kanger! He seems to have a great attitude and doesn't seem to be a man who gives up easily. I am glad to hear OPD is taking a second look at this gaming angle and still actively working this case.

MOO

wm

I was surprised that no other news channels besides kmtv featured an article on these murders. I really wish this case would be solved.

WOWT showed a clip with Brian Mastre. Not entirely sure why it's not on the website.

I'd like to ask you to post back a short summary of what was said in that clip- any new info or just what was on the KMTV story? Did they have Lt Kanger?

WOWT is to be commended for runnig stories about this crime. In the past there have been issues with some comments from those in the community who seem to think this story gets too much media attention. Their general attitude is that this was a crime in an affulent neighborhood while those in minority areas do not get the attention. At one time, posters clearly with OPD were spamming the board stomping on anyone who dared be critical of the handing of this case. Maybe their webmaster just decided not to deal with all this.

I am posting a link to part of a discussion of thisn case that appear4ed on Help Find the Missing:

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8147&page=7

That discussion is now inactive but I am posting because i thought some who check this discussion on a regular basis might be interested in what the poster Claycat had to say about impressions she picked up. She is apparently someone with psychic abilities.

I know.. this is not something generally accepted and is viewed with skepticism by a lot of folks, myself included. I just felt some of you may find it interesting and thought provoking..

I am familar with this group.

There was I believe a documentary regarding them and proceeded to do some research on them. Many where not named during the program that participate. It was interesting to hear about the personalities of some of the members.

The cases must be presented to them. They then determine whether they will take the case. It appeared they are extremely selective in what cases they do take. This is just the impression I got. The members are what is said to be the "best of the best".

Gah, I hope they get these people on it. This case is agonizingly baffling. Does anyone have a connection to family/LE to suggest it be submitted?

I'd like to ask you to post back a short summary of what was said in that clip- any new info or just what was on the KMTV story? Did they have Lt Kanger?

WOWT is to be commended for runnig stories about this crime. In the past there have been issues with some comments from those in the community who seem to think this story gets too much media attention. Their general attitude is that this was a crime in an affulent neighborhood while those in minority areas do not get the attention. At one time, posters clearly with OPD were spamming the board stomping on anyone who dared be critical of the handing of this case. Maybe their webmaster just decided not to deal with all this.

Snick, he did speak with Kanger. Very similar to the other clip, though pretty short. Showed the Hunter house. Mentioned revisiting the crime scene, and looking into Tom's activity, the Hunter and Sherman family. Nothing new from Kanger's interview a few months ago, unfortunately. Have no idea why it's not on the website. I thought I only caught the end on tv, but I really don't think it was a long clip.

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Cold_Case_Update_Dundee_Murders_138984264.html

Gah, I hope they get these people on it. This case is agonizingly baffling. Does anyone have a connection to family/LE to suggest it be submitted?

I don't think most regulars on this thread are unaware that Shirlee's family have posted in the past. Her son was posting a few times and I beleive one of her brothers. Oddly, both stopped suddenly and did not reply to followup private messages I sent. I strongly suspect they were told by OPD not to participate.

I also believe two members of Tom's family have participated in the past, neither have posted for some time. Maybe for the same reason.

Any contact with the mentioned society should be made by the detectives, I wonder if they are aware of it? Maybe someone needs to suggest to Lt Kanger?

I don't think most regulars on this thread are unaware that Shirlee's family have posted in the past. Her son was posting a few times and I beleive one of her brothers. Oddly, both stopped suddenly and did not reply to followup private messages I sent. I strongly suspect they were told by OPD not to participate.

I also believe two members of Tom's family have participated in the past, neither have posted for some time. Maybe for the same reason.

Any contact with the mentioned society should be made by the detectives, I wonder if they are aware of it? Maybe someone needs to suggest to Lt Kanger?

I believe her son or brother's girlfriend posted as well, early on.

I was recently made aware of this site from Snick1946's post in the WOWT commentors section. I have read every post from Thread 1 on and am amazed at all of your passion for the truth! In reading the theories, I felt like I was reading a book and wanting to get to the end to find out what really happened however I knew the entire time that the case has still not been solved.

I thought I would take a shot at a theory. What if Dr. B. Hunter had introduced MB to his family and MB molested Tom some where other than the house (CU). Then MB came over to the house (upon Tom's request?) and Tom threatned to call the police on him so MB grabbed a knife from the counter & murdered Tom, then murder Shirley as she was a witness. Now let's say that Dr. B. Hunter had a suspicion or did find out that this did happen (maybe from the computer?) and he did not want the embarrassment of having this go public. Any thoughts on this theory? Maybe it seems too simple, but maybe it is. This would follow in line with the composite sketch, knives from the home as the intent was not to murder, the manner in which the murders occured (in the neck), why this has seemed to be kept quiet by the H family, CU, OPD, news outlets. Tom could have also had evidence on his computer that would back his claim and this is where the computer came in. As for the video game on pause - I don't read too much into this. He was playing, Shirley called him upstairs to eat the sandwich she made, so he hit pause. He was upstairs eating when MB arrived.

In my speculation above, I do not mean to hurt or offend anyone in the victim's families just trying to find justice for Tom and Shirley!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VikkiB73
Back