NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like events in Calgary are starting to sort themselves out. Maybe we will see
justice in Omaha.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/2011/04/09/17931326.html

This article creeps me out. The Alberta authorties must feel MB is threatening by them taking such security precautions. And what's up with putting a flier at the dentist's office.

I had heard rumors that MB was not considered a nice person by some at CU. I've never mentioned it on here but I am more convinced that these rumors are true now that I read this.

I wonder where he disappeared to?

MOO
wm

From the above link:

"For about two weeks, sheriffs were posted at the office 24 hours a day in the city’s northwest, while staff was told to have no communication with him."

He sounds downright dangerous. I think it's only a matter of time.

They couldn't have lost him could they? If they were so concerned for everyones' safety I can't imagine he wasn't under some kind of surveillance. This guy sounds like a real whack job....totally scary dude.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/alberta/2011/04/09/17931326.html

This article creeps me out. The Alberta authorties must feel MB is threatening by them taking such security precautions. And what's up with putting a flier at the dentist's office.

I had heard rumors that MB was not considered a nice person by some at CU. I've never mentioned it on here but I am more convinced that these rumors are true now that I read this.

I wonder where he disappeared to?

MOO
wm

Hi WM. I didn't find the reference to the dentist's office flier, which article was that in?
What is interesting is what is not said in the articles. Such as, what events prompted AB authorities to safeguard his former associates at work? Did his pattern of threats in the workplace carry over to this job?
Yes, I understand he did behave in a questionable way while at CU. I am told that he did not seem at all able to deal with criticism and was distainful of female collegues.
Interesting that the articles continued mention of possible links to the Omaha killings. LE up there is apparently making a possible connection. I'd feel better if I felt they know where the hell he is now.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's really a doctor at all or if his medical records from Russia could have been bogus.

Apparently, according to the article, LE from Omaha visited Dr. Belenky sometime this year. They must have had good reason to travel all the way to Canada to question him almost three years after the murders. That may well be the reason he quit his job up there.

I find it strange that no one in the press seems to know his wherabouts. I do hope he is under surveillance by LE.

From the above article: " Officials said the review of Belenky’s work had nothing to do with his sudden departure but they will not elaborate on why he left."

Interesting, it also says he was required the obtain his board certification in forensic pathology within three years when he was hired in March 2008.

"Yet at least twice during his Calgary tenure, including once last year when he took time off work to prepare, he failed to pass the basic pathology exam, which is required prior to becoming a forensic pathologist."

This was most likely the reason he was fired, since he didn't pass in 3 years. He probably then made threats after he was fired. That sure makes him appear like a violent person if true.

From the above article: " Officials said the review of Belenky’s work had nothing to do with his sudden departure but they will not elaborate on why he left."

Interesting, it also says he was required the obtain his board certification in forensic pathology within three years when he was hired in March 2008.

"Yet at least twice during his Calgary tenure, including once last year when he took time off work to prepare, he failed to pass the basic pathology exam, which is required prior to becoming a forensic pathologist."

This was most likely the reason he was fired, since he didn't pass in 3 years. He probably then made threats after he was fired. That sure makes him appear like a violent person if true.

collette, Brilliant job of reading between the lines!!!!

He was fired for failing his exam. This really makes me curious about the circumstances surrounding his departure from CU!

wm

I'm beginning to wonder if he's really a doctor at all or if his medical records from Russia could have been bogus.

Apparently, according to the article, LE from Omaha visited Dr. Belenky sometime this year. They must have had good reason to travel all the way to Canada to question him almost three years after the murders. That may well be the reason he quit his job up there.

I find it strange that no one in the press seems to know his wherabouts. I do hope he is under surveillance by LE.

Color me skeptical. These articles have wrong information thin them. I prefer to trust the World Herald, which has said that MB did not work for CU at the time of the murder, which these articles conflict with. We know he working in PA at the time.

Also, OWH says that OPD did not visit him this year. At least that's what I infered.

MB's stock as the perp in this case has gone up in my mind.

I wonder sometimes- who is he, really? Could he have assumed the ID of the real MB?

My gut says that this guy is a red herring. I know it's the only lead we have. But what are they waiting for? If they had hard evidence on him, they either would have arrested him 3 years ago when they interviewed him, or when all this came to light.

Well, the red herring is out there somewhere in a sea of people and no one seems to know where. This sounds like a guy on the run to me.

How can we be sure whether they interviewed him in Canada this year as stated in one paper or three years ago?

Everything is so dang vague in this case. No one seems to know much about Belenky.

I wonder what kind of extracurricular activities he participated in while living in Omaha?

Well, the red herring is out there somewhere in a sea of people and no one seems to know where. This sounds like a guy on the run to me.

How can we be sure whether they interviewed him in Canada this year as stated in one paper or three years ago?

Everything is so dang vague in this case. No one seems to know much about Belenky.

I wonder what kind of extracurricular activities he participated in while living in Omaha?

Agreed. Great question. Wonder if he volunteered or worked with Kids…

He's such a mystery. No one is talking about why he left Creighton, why he left Pennsylvania, why he left his job in Alberta, whether he's married, whether he has children, whether he socialized with the Hunters when he was in Omaha, what were his interests other than medicine?????............he's a blank canvas.

Am unsure why this article appeared on a University website but anyway here it is:

http://www.grantham.edu/articles/criminal-justice-autopsy-doctor-connected-with-murder-probe/

It is claimed that MB began residency at UNMC, then switched to CU after a month.

I believe Dr Anderson's wife, who died in the alleged murder-suicide that occured almost exactly a year later, in the same neighborhood, worked
as an ER nurse at UNMC. If anyone knows for sure it'd be appreciated if you can refute or confirm this.

Reading that Dr. Belenky and Dr. Andersen's wife were at the same location at one time sends chills down my spine.

Am unsure why this article appeared on a University website but anyway here it is:

http://www.grantham.edu/articles/criminal-justice-autopsy-doctor-connected-with-murder-probe/

It is claimed that MB began residency at UNMC, then switched to CU after a month.

I believe Dr Anderson's wife, who died in the alleged murder-suicide that occured almost exactly a year later, in the same neighborhood, worked
as an ER nurse at UNMC. If anyone knows for sure it'd be appreciated if you can refute or confirm this.

The article from Grantham U. doesn't seem to have a point.

Does anyone know why the Anderson family doubts the murder/suicide theory?

The article from Grantham U. doesn't seem to have a point.

Does anyone know why the Anderson family doubts the murder/suicide theory?

Agreed. It's a strange article; I don't follow why this crime was even of interest to whomever put it on a University website, I believe the school is located in Kansas City.

On one of the earlier threads there was a link to a local news article that indicated the Anderson's daughter was contesting OPD findings. I do know there was some doubt expressed as to those findings by others, including another local researcher on this crime.

What I found about the family's doubt is that there was no suicide note. Interesting,
too, that the home was burglarized shortly after the discovery of the bodies. Was
someone looking for something? I'd like to, but I just can't find a way to link this to MB.

I seem to recall reading that Dr. Anderson had gotten money for a trip that he and his wife were getting ready to take.

I seem to recall reading that Dr. Anderson had gotten money for a trip that he and his wife were getting ready to take.

The Andersons planned a few hundred mile trip leaving the next day and had been packing. Dr Anderson stopped at a BP station which was right next door and gassed up then got money from the ATM before going the few feet home next door. IDK, it just doesn't sound like a lead up to a murder-suicide. Then there was the deal about then break in at the crime scene later that night. Was someone looking for something? At the time it seemed some effort was put into classifying this as a M/S and getting rid of the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K.Kosky
Back