Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is confusing. I just read another article that has the LE NOT confirming they did talk to her date... so not sure what to think. http://www.myantelopecountynews.com/neligh/police-looking-into-possible-sightings-of-sydney-loofe

That website is from her family's hometown area of Neligh, NE and has many articles, including one about the Loofes getting hacked since this all started.
It is unfortunately very common when a missing person makes the news or there are thousands of shares on Facebook, for example. Hackers send private messages to the family or friends - anyone actively posting about the missing person. Usually there is a link in the message and that is the way the hacks happen. Since family and friends are desperate for information they often open them.

I believe Facebook, as one example, should take a more pro-active role. They have the means to do so. At any rate, it is unfortunately quite common.

Is it possible her date came and picked her up from her home and they drove to Wilbur?

If LE have contacted the date then that date cannot have happened otherwise the date would be the last contact and not the SC photo.

Does anyone know if Sydney drove her own car to meet this date the first time, the night before?
If so, why not do the same? Could the date have requested Sydney not bring her car for some nefarious reason, gave her a fake reason not to do so?
(getting a bad feeling about this date.....for now)

Also, wasn't the "getting ready for a date" snapchat sent at 6 :30 am (if I read that right, can't find it now)?
Isn't it kind of unusual to be going on a date that early?

Is it possible her date came and picked her up from her home and they drove to Wilbur?

If LE have contacted the date then that date cannot have happened otherwise the date would be the last contact and not the SC photo.
There really isn't any reason to go to Wilber unless you know someone there. So, either the date knows someone there or someone else Sydney could have been with knows someone there, or Sydney knows someone there.

Honestly, if I were LE I would go back through her friends in Lincoln. One of them likely knows more than what they have been saying.

Does anyone know if Sydney drove her own car to meet this date the first time, the night before?
If so, why not do the same? Could the date have requested Sydney not bring her car for some nefarious reason, gave her a fake reason not to do so?
(getting a bad feeling about this date.....for now)

Also, wasn't the "getting ready for a date" snapchat sent at 6 :30 am (if I read that right, can't find it now)?
Isn't it kind of unusual to be going on a date that early?
In that one article that was linked a few posts back what the Lincoln Police Chief said in terms of that date has me believing that they suspect the date was some kind of a set up. The phrasing suggests that while they know who the person is for the date that they suspect that ultimately there is someone else.

As for 6:30am, I don't know where that came from. I don't know that LE has specified any times for anything related to this case.

In that one article that was linked a few posts back what the Lincoln Police Chief said in terms of that date has me believing that they suspect the date was some kind of a set up. The phrasing suggests that while they know who the person is for the date that they suspect that ultimately there is someone else.

As for 6:30am, I don't know where that came from. I don't know that LE has specified any times for anything related to this case.

One of her friends said it in an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of her friends said it in an interview.

Yes, just found it.
http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Lincoln-Police-searching-for-missing-woman--458296853.html

6:30 am. I find that very strange, to go on a date early in the morning.
I get this bad feeling that the previous night's date was for the woman to check her out, get some personal info on her, perhaps make promises or to flatter her, and whether Sydney would be a good prospect for whatever.

Whatever was planned or the next day was a set up, with someone else involved.

I fear for this young woman.....

(my suspicions are colored by an experience I had, not online, but having met a couple who befriended me on a walk I take....Oh we had so much in common yada yada, a dinner out (after I refused to come to dinner at their home). lots of flattery and subsequently a million red flags all over). They called all the time, I didn't respond...Never saw them again.

I have learned in sex trafficking they use a female to gain the trust of another female.
Not saying this is what happened.

Yes, just found it.
http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Lincoln-Police-searching-for-missing-woman--458296853.html

I get this bad feeling that the previous night's date was for the woman to check her out, get some personal info on her, perhaps make promises or to flatter her, and whether Sydney would be a good prospect for whatever.

(my suspicions are colored by an experience I had, not online, but having met a couple who befriended me on a walk I take....Oh we had so much in common yada yada, a dinner out (after I refused to come to dinner at their home). lots of flattery and subsequently a million red flags all over). They called all the time, I didn't respond...Never saw them again.

In this article her mom states “My other daughter’s birthday was on [Nov. 15] and Sydney texted her happy birthday,” Loofe’s mother, Susi, told HuffPost. “Later that evening, she shared a picture of herself, saying, ‘Ready for my date.’”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...after-date-online_us_5a15c33ce4b025f8e93338eb

Media making the story more sensational, mixing up information, quoiting wrongly, is very common in this kind of cases....and sometimes very frustrating..

Yes, just found it.

In Sydney's case do you think they planned to rob her, or do you think there was some kind of sexual motivation, like a rape or murder fantasy? Regardless of whether a crime was planned, I think that the woman whom she wss supposed to meet knows exactly what happened to her.

Is it possible that she was waiting outside for her date to pick her up and got snatched? If the date said that so and so would be picking her up when in actuality it's a front for either kidnapping or trafficking. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that she'd go in an unknown vehicle if she had a pretense that she was being picked up by someone she didn't know.

600th block of West 7th St

There is/was a sex offender registered on West 7th street according to http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Wilber-Nebraska.html. I tried to verify this on the official site of Nebraska Goverment, but for some reason I got an error all the time.

I'm not 100% sure it's allowed to put this info in the thread. It's public information, so I think yes...If not...very sorry upfront.

Maybe that's the reason LE has interest in a certain house.... Just speculation....

In this article her mom states “My other daughter’s birthday was on [Nov. 15] and Sydney texted her happy birthday,” Loofe’s mother, Susi, told HuffPost. “Later that evening, she shared a picture of herself, saying, ‘Ready for my date.’”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...after-date-online_us_5a15c33ce4b025f8e93338eb

Media making the story more sensational, mixing up information, quoiting wrongly, is very common in this kind of cases....and sometimes very frustrating..
I agree on the media. They were reaching a while back when they said she left her cat home alone. Which is quite the norm.
I assume family is taking care of at this time.

Oops sorry! Please ignore. Mistake post!

Maybe the friend opened the snapchat at 6.30am, rather than it sent at 6.30 am?

That's a good possibility. What I tried to point out was that the mother said the picture was send in the evening....what would make more sense...who is going on date that time in the morning....I believe it was 6:30 in the evening...

That's a good possibility. What I tried to point out was that the mother said the picture was send in the evening....what would make more sense...who is going on date that time in the morning....I believe it was 6:30 in the evening...
Just curious if anyone happens to know- about what time does it get dark in Nebraska?

Just curious if anyone happens to know- about what time does it get dark in Nebraska?
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]
4:58 PM
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Saturday, November 25, 2017 (CST)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Sunset in Omaha, NE[/COLOR]

I really doubt it was 6.30am. 6.30pm yes, maybe.
Or the snap was opened later.

My hunch at this point is that she od'd on drugs and died during the date. The date panicked and hid her body, probably assuming that nobody knew Sydney was on a date with her.

Of course, as we get more info, my hunch could prove to be wrong.

JMOpinion at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member