Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Lincoln Journal Star - a few more details on the federal charges:

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...faf3b483bb.html#tracking-source=home-latest-3

In documents unsealed Friday afternoon, Aubrey Trail, 51, and Bailey Boswell, 23, are accused of transporting stolen goods from Hiawatha, Kansas, to Beatrice on or about Oct. 20.

An affidavit with details about the allegations remained sealed at the request of a Assistant U.S. Attorney.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...faf3b483bb.html#tracking-source=home-latest-3

Using counterfeit coins in the slots? Would that be the scam? Winning gives you real coins and free drinks and meals while you are using the fake coins?

No, but I assume they could have been cashing in counterfeit coins (claimed as winning) and receiving paper bills in return.

Maybe I'm wrong, these are valuable coins, not everyday coins that they were counterfeiting?

Here is a coin theft that was posted before the Utah theft in this article (#20):

June 16, 2017 posting, add them to the timeline to be in Tennessee prior to June 16:

RESIDENTIAL THEFT

DETECTIVES WITH THE HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IN TENNESSEE ARE INVESTIGATING THE THEFT OF A LARGE AMOUNT OF SILVER AND GOLD BULLION COINS.

AMONG THE STOLEN ITEMS WERE:

300 one ounce Canadian Silver Maple Leafs
100 one ounce American Silver Eagles
33 one ounce Gold Austrian Philharmonics
ANYONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT DETECTIVE CHARLES SLEDGE OF THE HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE AT (423) 779-6313.

https://coinweek.com/coins/news/coinweek-news-wire-june-16-2017/

After reading the nuministics statement again and relating to the news articles it looks like counterfeiting is in relation to collectible coins.

I don't see these two being sophisticated enough to manufacture counterfeit money, so I'm assuming stealing and reselling collectible coins falls under the definition of counterfeit?

Choose your best answer about the coins.

AT and BB are:

a)stealing
b)counterfeiting
c)selling, or
d) all of the above.

You may choose more than one answer.

I am leaning towards d. It sounds like anything is possible at this point and my mind is wide open.

MOO [emoji202]

Here is a coin theft that was posted before the Utah theft in this article (#20):

RESIDENTIAL THEFT

DETECTIVES WITH THE HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE IN TENNESSEE ARE INVESTIGATING THE THEFT OF A LARGE AMOUNT OF SILVER AND GOLD BULLION COINS.

AMONG THE STOLEN ITEMS WERE:

300 one ounce Canadian Silver Maple Leafs
100 one ounce American Silver Eagles
33 one ounce Gold Austrian Philharmonics
ANYONE WITH INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT DETECTIVE CHARLES SLEDGE OF THE HAMILTON COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE AT (423) 779-6313.

https://coinweek.com/coins/news/coinweek-news-wire-june-16-2017/

I saw that too, but I don't think it was them. The alert only said that people had SEEN them in Tennessee and Iowa, not that they were suspected of anything in those states.

Choose your best answer about the coins.

AT and BB are:

a)stealing
b)counterfeiting
c)selling, or
d) all of the above.

You may choose more than one answer.

I am leaning towards d. It sounds like anything is possible at this point and my mind is wide open.

MOO [emoji202]

My guess is stealing and conning people to buy the fake coins, but AT probably wouldn't mind people thinking he's capable of counterfeiting. I do not, however, think he is capable of that.

So my answer is A and C.

jmo

I don't know believe they were counterfeiting either, I agree they were stealing and re-selling.

Since AT is his own lawyer (good going, AT)...is he allowed access to the internet to prepare his case??

Just wondering.

Where would Sydney fit in to the coin dealing backdrop?

Maybe they got paranoid about something she saw or heard on the first date.

Or, they wanted her as a partner in crime, and she turned them down. Who wouldn't open a door for SL? I am thinking like a mule for pick-up and delivery.

Or she knew somebody who has coins and they wanted details from her (pillow talk stuff).

Where would Sydney fit in to the coin dealing backdrop?

Maybe they got paranoid about something she saw or heard on the first date.

Or, they wanted her as a partner in crime, and she turned them down. Who wouldn't open a door for SL? I am thinking like a mule for pick-up and delivery.

Or she knew somebody who has coins and they wanted details from her (pillow talk stuff).

I don't think Sydney's death was linked to the coin-con. I think she was lured by the pair, but not necessarily anything to do with coins, but for some other low-life reason.

jmopinion with what we know now

2 questions

1. How do these 2 have knowledge of which coins are the most valuable and where exactly to find them?

2. Who is buying these coins from them?

Granted, my knowledge of coins is not much.

Kind of like buying a car there is a VIN that can be used to verify details, is there anything similar with regards to these coins? Can they be traced, so to speak?

Someone please explain how any of this would result in the death of SL.

I don't think Sydney's death was linked to the coin-con. I think she was lured by the pair, but not necessarily anything to do with coins, but for some other low-life reason.

jmopinion with what we know now

I agree. We are just discussing his $100,000 a year income selling "antiques".

Hello! This is my first post here but been viewing for years. This case is close to home for me. I am really stuck on this trash bag thing. That alone completely changes how one views this case. There is a huge difference between an accidental death, a spur of the moment killing, a premeditated killing, and possible dismemberment. There is clearly a black bag in the media photo surrounded by yellow tape (linked below). The continuing searching and broadening of areas also makes me wonder.

Many people have been sold on the POIs being 100% the ones directly responsible for the entire case start to finish; from the disappearance of SL, to her death, and the subsequent cover up of her death. There are possibilities still out there though. There could be more people responsible for having some type of role in this case and maybe even more victims to be found.

It just seems that anyone who would do that has likely done it before, has to have access to some specific tools, and some physical abilities beyond the average person. Additionally, I question the frame of mind one would have to have. It's possible that someone who has experience with farming, hunting, or even working in the meat packing industry, would be able to put themselves in a certain frame of mind to look at a human victim as an animal. Please don't take that wrong.... I have lots of loved ones who do all those things and they are not psychos but...I think you know what I mean. I know I can't even kill a fish unless I know I am going to eat it. Same with when I have helped family with chickens. I just have to look at it different....sort of hard to explain. I suppose it's just as possible that being really whacked out a hard drug (that is not weed or a weed product) could also lead someone to be able to do a horrible act like that to a person

I hope nothing I have said seems insensitive to anyone, that's not my intention at all. I have complete empathy for SL and all her loved ones. This case has for some reason been one of those where I can't stop trying to process it in my mind. I have read others saying similar things. It's very peculiar but it's just something you can't put your finger on. This tragedy has weighed heavy on my heart and seems to become more tragic by the day.

Below is the link to a media source. There are a few pics here number 6 and 7 are the images with the black trash bag. I have noticed the closer local media sources where I originally saw these images now seem to be replaced with other images or perhaps just updated and it's harder to find them. However, other media sources not close to the area still have them.

http://syvnews.com/news/photos-sydn...n_219f97ba-95fc-54ab-bcbf-fb25ca269f95.html#7

Thank you and welcome. Not insensitive at all. The picture with the black bag is really hard to look at...Do I understand you right that you think the body was dismembered?

2 questions

1. How do these 2 have knowledge of which coins are the most valuable and where exactly to find them?

2. Who is buying these coins from them?

Granted, my knowledge of coins is not much.

Kind of like buying a car there is a VIN that can be used to verify details, is there anything similar with regards to these coins? Can they be traced, so to speak?

Someone please explain how any of this would result in the death of SL.

1. I can imagine AT being the type to research coins and to know at least enough to con others. There is plenty of literature, newsletters, conferences. etc. where you can pick up this information and learn enough. It's possible he buys/steals enough legit coins to mix in his inventory to make him look legit.

2. People who don't know enough about coins to spot a fake.

I don't know why Sydney's death has to have a direct link to the coins. It could be that AT and BB are involved with more than one criminal activity, and that's my hunch at the moment. They were cons and druggies and possibly more, in my opinion.

jmo

1. I can imagine AT being the type to research coins and to know at least enough to con others. There is plenty of literature, newsletters, conferences. etc. where you can pick up this information and learn enough. It's possible he buys/steals enough legit coins to mix in his inventory to make him look legit.

2. People who don't know enough about coins to spot a fake.

I don't know why Sydney's death has to have a direct link to the coins. It could be that AT and BB are involved with more than one criminal activity, and that's my hunch at the moment. They were cons and druggies and possibly more, in my opinion.

jmo
I believe that the FBI interest is two-fold. First is to obtain information about the whereabouts of Aubrey and Bailey going back in time - if there is the possibility in the FBI's assessment that Sydney might not be their only victim. Second is to pile up more crimes to bury them in jail time.

I agree, I think AT is a hustler, looking for any opportunity for a score, wouldn't surprise me at all if we found out this was something unrelated to the coin biz that went sideways and then covered up.

I believe that the FBI interest is two-fold. First is to obtain information about the whereabouts of Aubrey and Bailey going back in time - if there is the possibility in the FBI's assessment that Sydney might not be their only victim. Second is to pile up more crimes to bury them in jail time.

Yep. I think Sydney's case opened up a range of crimes that feds will be interested in.

Of course, AT is far too clever to get caught. Oops.

jmo

I don't know believe they were counterfeiting either, I agree they were stealing and re-selling.

I picture him more as a fence. Mixing and selling counterfeits he transfers from others with stolen ones he provides.

Thank you and welcome. Not insensitive at all. The picture with the black bag is really hard to look at...Do I understand you right that you think the body was dismembered?

I am pretty sure it's not a black bag, but a man. Here's a closer look.
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 10.37.03 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member