Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked a little further into NE law (I am not a lawyer) and it appears that an antique gun (manufactured prior to 1898, etc) does not require all of the paperwork, background check, etc. as a modern gun requires.

In looking further, however, it appears the Nebraska legislature defines a firearm, as it pertains to felons, as basically any firearm that is 18" longer or less. It is possible tthe antique firearm exception to Nebraska firearm law does not apply to felons.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if AT buys antique firearms with his bad checks. Plus now he has a sidekick, BB. In some distorted reality, having her do it for him probably absolves his perception of doing something wrong.

In one of his many Iowa cases (05771 FECR240579) he owes restitution to an auction company and upon visiting their site, antique guns are apparently a specialty.
http://www.andreasauctions.com/
https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

AT sure has a thing for auctions and antique stores specifically. Do they not verify checks? Heck, most places in my area don't even take paper checks anymore. I can't understand how he has been able to get away with the same type of theft repeatedly, especially in todays technology driven world.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Some interesting details about BB and AT.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/iow...cle_ffc98ee9-8c40-52ae-96b1-a46a429f3490.html

AT and BB sure are quite the actors! That article gets under my skin though. Imo, in certain parts of the article it's disrespectful to SL as it paints BB as a good girl or like she's a victim. Additionally, it leaves out BB's fugitive from justice charge this past June, in Decatur County, Iowa which links to her cases in York County, PA. It seems like that basically just got swept under the rug, not shocking for Decatur Iowa, imo. They have had some controversial governmental issues in localized media the last couple years. Basically I feel that If BB was extradited back to PA and held as a flight risk as she should have been, there's a chance this thread wouldn't even exist, totally jmo.

05271 AMCR007150 (DECATUR)

York County, PA:
CP-67-MD-0002111-2017
CP-67-MD-0002790-2017
CP-67-CR-0006284-2017
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx

Aubrey Trail has an extensive wrap sheet of forgery related crimes - leaving behind a trail of victims across the country - one of which is in Percival, Iowa at Finders Keepers Antique Mall. "He was pleasant to me. He seemed friendly," said Alicia Chrastil, owner of Finders Keepers Antique Mall.

On a warm Sunday in July, a man claiming to be in the antique business wrote a check for an set of sterling silver flatware at Finders Keepers Antique mall. Seven years would pass before the man who bounced that check - Aubrey Trail - would become a person of interest in the murder of Sydney Loofe. "He's your conman. He is a conman extraordinaire. If there one thing Aubrey Trail knows, is that's how to lie, said Chrastil.

Alicia Chrastil, owner of the antique mall, spoke with Trail that July day in 2010. She says he visited the shop several times, building up a friendly repertoire, before writing a fraudulent check for nearly $2,700 that couldn't be cashed.

"I remember when I got that check I just felt - right after he left - I knew. I kind of had a feeling in the pit of my stomach like something doesn't add up with this guy," said Chrastil. "That's why I called the bank on Monday morning because I normally wouldn't have done that for a check."

Chrastil pressed charges but law enforcement didn't catch up with Aubrey Trail until a year later in Arkansas where he was running a similar scam.

Iowa court records show he took a plea deal related to the Percival case in November 2010 and was sentenced to five years for second degree theft.

"His last name Trail is very fitting because he leaves a trail of victims wherever he goes," said Chrastil.

Chrastil says she's frustrated that she was never notified when Trail was released from prison, adding that his alleged pattern of crime around the country, is no surprise.

"I don't know why he's able to continue to do this. I don't know why they just don't lock him up for good," said Chrastil.

Aubrey Trail was ordered to pay restitution for the bounced check. She says he's only paid a few hundred dollars of the thousands he owes. She received the most recent check from Trail in February 2017.

http://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...d-by-person-of-interest-in-sydney-loof-murder

The thought of AT playing Ned Beatty in a jailhouse production of "Deliverance" is very soothing for the soul.

I recall the Lincoln Police Chief stating that LE continues to go through the videos posted by AT and BB. I have watched both videos several times and I think LE is having a field day with those videos. As the Lincoln Police Chief pointed out, their own statements in the videos place them as having been two of the last people to see SL.

It appears to me that in the videos, AT, in particular, is appealing not to LE, but rather the general public in his claims of innocence. He seems quite upset that his name has been dragged through the mud and that people are posting things about him online.

He states that everything he was about to say could be verified by anyone. He admitted to being a career thief, but stated he had nothing to do with Sydney's disappearance. We cannot verify that right now. But we can verify he was not truthful when he said he had left the criminal life. He's been charged with transporting stolen property and being a felon in possession of a firearm. In addition, he was involved in the PA theft, but I'm not seeing he was charged with that crime, but BB was.

At the end of the video, he tells LE "FU" and BB flips off LE.

WTH??? How was that show of disrespect to LE supposed to help their cause? Incredible.

I recall the Lincoln Police Chief stating that LE continues to go through the videos posted by AT and BB. I have watched both videos several times and I think LE is having a field day with those videos. As the Lincoln Police Chief pointed out, their own statements in the videos place them as having been two of the last people to see SL.

It appears to me that in the videos, AT, in particular, is appealing not to LE, but rather the general public in his claims of innocence. He seems quite upset that his name has been dragged through the mud and that people are posting things about him online.

He states that everything he was about to say could be verified by anyone. He admitted to being a career thief, but stated he had nothing to do with Sydney's disappearance. We cannot verify that right now. But we can verify he was not truthful when he said he had left the criminal life. He's been charged with transporting stolen property and being a felon in possession of a firearm. In addition, he was involved in the PA theft, but I'm not seeing he was charged with that crime, but BB was.

WTH??? How was that show of disrespect to LE supposed to help their cause? Incredible.

He's a con man, a manipulator. This is how they talk - they sprinkle just a tiny bit of truth, like an admission of a fault, so that you doubts your doubts about them. And, they like to play the "guy trying to help" who is then victimized for his efforts.

It's all a con. He likes to hear himself talk and he likes to get people to believe his lies. He can't shut up.

jmo

It's possible - though not probable - that he had nothing to do with her death.

It seems to me like their investigation into the disappearance led them to AT, and that just opened a huge can of worms. While that warrant was issued on 11/21, these two miscreants weren't publicly named POI's until 11/28. I feel that if whatever led them to issue the warrant was in any way related to SL being in danger, they would have gone public right then and there.

It's interesting that in the first video, when BB flips off the cops at the end, she is wearing a wedding/engagement ring. I'd be interested to know if she normally wears it. In one of the articles posted here about the Utah theft, it is mentioned that they said they were a married couple, and she is wearing the ring in the Utah surveillance photo. And in Pennsylvania, they were presenting themselves as engaged. If she doesn't normally wear the ring in her everyday life, it could indicate that they were in the process of ripping someone off right around the time they posted the first video. Has anyone noticed if BB is wearing the ring in the third video they posted?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's interesting that in the first video, when BB flips off the cops at the end, she is wearing a wedding/engagement ring. I'd be interested to know if she normally wears it. In one of the articles posted here about the Utah theft, it is mentioned that they said they were a married couple, and she is wearing the ring in the Utah surveillance photo. And in Pennsylvania, they were presenting themselves as engaged. If she doesn't normally wear the ring in her everyday life, it could indicate that they were in the process of ripping someone off right around the time they posted the first video. Has anyone noticed if BB is wearing the ring in the third video they posted?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wonder if they possibly are actually married.

Wonder if they possibly are actually married.

or otherwise related in some way. I know, I know, not likely or we would have discovered it already but it is just something that stays in the back of my mind... that there is some kind of familial or blood relation binding these two.

I don't beieve that they are married, but he is her "Babe".

or otherwise related in some way. I know, I know, not likely or we would have discovered it already but it is just something that stays in the back of my mind... that there is some kind of familial or blood relation binding these two.

I don't think they are related or married, but I think they are a couple and what binds them is crime and also (my guess) a particular kind of sex interest - whether it's luring a female partner to join them, role-playing, prostitution, filming, etc....something.

Speculation.

jmopinion

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if AT buys antique firearms with his bad checks. Plus now he has a sidekick, BB. In some distorted reality, having her do it for him probably absolves his perception of doing something wrong.

In one of his many Iowa cases (05771 FECR240579) he owes restitution to an auction company and upon visiting their site, antique guns are apparently a specialty.
http://www.andreasauctions.com/

AT sure has a thing for auctions and antique stores specifically. Do they not verify checks? Heck, most places in my area don't even take paper checks anymore. I can't understand how he has been able to get away with the same type of theft repeatedly, especially in todays technology driven world

Re BBM

I am finding that out too that so many places are not even taking paper checks anymore. And the places that do take paper checks look you over like you are a crook.

Its sad that crooks and thieves have ruined things for honest people.

I have to wonder if lack of prosecuting bad check writers contributed to it becoming a common crime. I can recall when I was little that writing a bad check was talked about like the equivalent of robbing a store and it seemed to have been treated more seriously years ago.

Nowadays nobody blinks an eye if the news comes on and talks about a crook that wrote a few bad checks.

Im not sure how it changed so much over the years unless it is a crime that is hard to prosecute people for. Maybe it is tough to put resources into finding and proving the crime of bad check writing.

AT sure has a thing for auctions and antique stores specifically. Do they not verify checks? Heck, most places in my area don't even take paper checks anymore. I can't understand how he has been able to get away with the same type of theft repeatedly, especially in todays technology driven world.

RSBM

My guess is he cased out this place specifically for not having any kind of electronic system - there are still people who operate a business on carbon-copy receipts, especially places that deal in crafts or antiques or reselling of goods or are mainly selling at flea markets. The woman probably did most of her big ticket business in credit cards which is why she had a bad feeling right away about accepting a check. It is possible it was a fake cashier's check as well so she originally thought it was as good as cash until she decided to call the bank in the morning. Just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo