Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked MSM, nothing being reported yet about AT's appearance today. Maybe this afternoon?

Some little details about the coin scheme from the indictment:

Trail approached his Kansas victims in November 2015, proposing they jointly buy a gold coin, sell it and share in the profits.

Trail asked the couple, identified only as M.E. and B.E., for money to set up the deal. But the coin wasn't worth what he claimed.

Trail asked for money and property to pay for travel and other expenses, purportedly to arrange the sale.
"As part of the scheme, Trail and Boswell set up false documents and websites to convey the appearance of a legitimate transaction."

Enter Boswell, who prosecutors allege contacted the two pretending to be a broker. Trail and Boswell were trying to get money out of the couple.

On two occasions in June, Trail and Boswell got the alleged victims to drive from Kansas to Nebraska to give them gold bars, valued at more than $16,000.

Between Oct. 2 and Nov. 5, the couple brought them $24,000.

In all, M.E. and B.E. (the victims) lost more than $400,000 in money and property "due to the false pretenses, representations and promises made by Trail and Boswell."

Their trial is set for March 26.

http://columbustelegram.com/news/st...cle_9728bb34-c616-5cc1-be68-e914f09de2b7.html
http://journalstar.com/news/local/9...cle_15cdcb5d-a00e-596e-a8e3-9d777064820d.html

They must have really whooped it up. They apparently went through $400,000 and likely more (from other crimes) in tax-free dollars. And now, both are considered "indigent" and the taxpayers get to pay for their defense.

Of course, it is always presumed not guilty until proven, however, if they are convicted, the taxpayers are also victims and will continue to be so for the rest of their sorry lives as in addition to paying for their defense, it will cost a fortune to warehouse these two, feed them, provide them with medical and dental care, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/journals...39e9d473-4142-532f-9146-37ba755b5b04.amp.html

That article talks a little bit about the Candi Harms case here in Lincoln. I was 10 and remember it VIVIDLY. The University of Nebraska put up “Blue Lights” across campus that had phones you could call if you were ever in an emergency because of the Candi Harms case. They recently just took those out of service. Reflecting on it, I suppose you could say this is the case that probably piqued my interest in true crime!

The article talks about Greg Sorensen who is the investigator just named here in Lancaster county. He had a very long career working some of Lincoln’s biggest cases. There’s no guarantee he’s going to be working on the SL/AT/BB case, but there’s nothing else that I can think of in town that would warrant the creation of a position such as this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no words. None. I think this man is so full of you-know-what. My guess is he’s saying anything he can to get anyone to listen, although I have no doubts he was involved.

I wonder if he’s received word that they’ve hired the special investigator and he knows that charges are imminent?

I would have paid money to see the look on his attorneys face when he found out his client made that phone call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In their 2nd video BB stated that she dropped off SL at friends place. SL's friends place. But apparently SL didn't have friends there. If AT killed SL like he said he did, then maybe he followed BB and SL and killed SL after BB drove off? But didn't it say they were both found to be in the area SL was located? I don't believe BB knows nothing at all. I think they will dig their own grave with all the lies they have told in those two videos they made. It already contradicts the phone call he just made admitting he is responsible.

In order to be a good con artist, it is also necessary to be a good liar. I think he is going to try to lay the murder off on some other person and his "guilt" is he was aware of it.

After reading the above about AT's "confession" I just had to go back and watch that video they made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTFj5X3vQf8&sns=em

That's the link in case you want to watch it again too. Does he really think what he says will be taken for truth after this? He makes me so mad [emoji35]
Taking responsibilty for the murder and confessing to the murder are two very different things. He likes to have his play on words.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Another phone call to the media from prison?

Oh boy, let's see what new info he has to say now...

___

“I will say I am accountable for it,” Aubrey Trail said in a phone call from a federal prison. “The reason for it will all come out (later).” “I’ve told law enforcement a long time ago ... I am accountable for Sydney Loofe’s death, I am responsible,” Trail said. “The girl (Boswell) had nothing to do with it.”

Trail expressed frustration that no charges have been filed in connection with Loofe’s death. “The FBI has pulled so many hairs out of my head I’ve got a bald spot,” he said.

He refused to say what happened to Loofe, where it happened, or in what condition her body was found. The Tennessee native abruptly ended the short phone call, saying he was running out of money on a prison credit card to pay for it.

“We’re fixin’ to get into all of that,” Trail said.

Reiman, Trail’s attorney, declined to comment about the phone call on Wednesday night.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/aub...cle_292b49cc-0408-52e1-a094-686141578dfd.html

So he's frustrated that LE has not shown their cards yet. I suspect the FBI had his profile down and knew to take their time and see what these two spill. Let them dig their own Graves while being held on other charges.

I suppose it's possible he's frustrated that the coverage has slowed down and they aren't going to be infamous Bonnie and Clyde characters like they have tried to portray in their many videos. B & C have been glorified to a degree in movies, and I get the feeling this is part of what these two want, somehow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another phone call to the media from prison?

Oh boy, let's see what new info he has to say now...

___

“I will say I am accountable for it,” Aubrey Trail said in a phone call from a federal prison. “The reason for it will all come out (later).” “I’ve told law enforcement a long time ago ... I am accountable for Sydney Loofe’s death, I am responsible,” Trail said. “The girl (Boswell) had nothing to do with it.”

Trail expressed frustration that no charges have been filed in connection with Loofe’s death. “The FBI has pulled so many hairs out of my head I’ve got a bald spot,” he said.

He refused to say what happened to Loofe, where it happened, or in what condition her body was found. The Tennessee native abruptly ended the short phone call, saying he was running out of money on a prison credit card to pay for it.

“We’re fixin’ to get into all of that,” Trail said.

Reiman, Trail’s attorney, declined to comment about the phone call on Wednesday night.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/aub...cle_292b49cc-0408-52e1-a094-686141578dfd.html

I love the last sentence in your post.

This lawyer has his work cut out for him.

jmo

I like that the article starts out with "In his latest version of events..."

Exactly what many of us are thinking. I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

In no way do I think that AT alone is responsible. BB was so obviously involved. Whether she commited the murder or not, she was an accomplice in at least trying to cover it up. But I believe she directly participated.

I wonder if AT claiming responsibility goes along with his narcissistic tendency to want all the attention. Like, maybe now that he assumes there is enough evidence to convict him, he doesn't want to share the spotlight. He doesn't want to appear weak, in his mind, by having had help. I doubt that he cares about BB enough to want to save her or make things easier for her in any way. I think it is, again, all about him, his perception of himself as some brilliant mastermind, and his need for recognition and attention.

Just a thought, all my own opinion on what might have happened if AT is telling the truth (or the truth as he sees it)....If AT did indeed act alone in the actual murder, the scenario in my head is that SL wanted to leave and needed a ride, maybe to the supposed friend's house that BB mentioned (which I doubt exists), or maybe home. Perhaps BB was incapacitated in some way and couldn't drive or perhaps the plan all along was for AT to get SL alone. AT stepped in to give her a SL a ride, and on the way, he crossed a boundary and she resisted. So he killed her. Told BB that she would be implicated anyway, since she was the one who set up and went on the date in the first place, so she went along with the disposal of the body, destruction of evidence, etc. Just one possible scenario I could see having happened IF BB really didn't have direct connection to the actual murder. Which I highly doubt, because I see BB as someone who would do anything to please/protect AT, including actively participating in a murder.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have have no idea what Aubrey Trail is thinking. He can't save Bailey from what is coming. The game is over.

From Twitter....

Part of the reason Aubrey Trail's phone money ran out while he was talking with @PaulHammelOWH is that he spent a good share of the day on calls with @LJSRileyJohnson. He had A LOT to say. Story coming soon.

Also I think AT should be in court today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim