Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trail's defense files court motion to inspect alleged crime scene

Aubrey Trail, one of the two suspects in the murder of Sydney Loofe, has filed court documents asking to inspect the alleged crime scene in Wilber.

Those documents were filed Wednesday in Saline County District Court.

Trail and his attorney want access to an apartment at 621 West 7th Street in Wilber.

In the motion filed, Trail's attorney believes that the State's investigation is focused on 621 West 7th, Apartment B in Wilber, as the principal crime scene.

According to the court documents, the apartment was under the control of the State of Nebraska but has since been released to the owner of the property, Alan Koll
[.....]
The defense is asking the court to issue an order directing all involved to preserve and refrain from releasing the scene. They want access to the property before the owner removes any possible evidence. Trail is due back in Saline County District Court on August 20.

Last edited:
Trail's defense files court motion to inspect alleged crime scene

Aubrey Trail, one of the two suspects in the murder of Sydney Loofe, has filed court documents asking to inspect the alleged crime scene in Wilber.

Those documents were filed Wednesday in Saline County District Court.

Trail and his attorney want access to an apartment at 621 West 7th Street in Wilber.

In the motion filed, Trail's attorney believes that the State's investigation is focused on 621 West 7th, Apartment B in Wilber, as the principal crime scene.

According to the court documents, the apartment was under the control of the State of Nebraska but has since been released to the owner of the property, Alan Koll
[.....]
he defense is asking the court to issue an order directing all involved to preserve and refrain from releasing the scene. They want access to the property before the owner removes any possible evidence. Trail is due back in Saline County District Court on August 20.
Seems fair that if the defense want to continue keeping the apartment closed and intact, they should pay rent. Not fair for the landlord to lose income indefinitely. JMO

Beanie Babies are being listed on eBay for up to $680,000 | Daily Mail Online

Who knew how much these are worth?

Thursday's Lincoln Journal Star has an article about Trail seeking preservation of his property from the Wilbur apartment. Apparently the landlord sent notice of deadline to get his stuff out of there. Items listed include shackles! Plus 56 Beanie Babies.
Shackles, a lion rug, 56 Beanie Babies: Aubrey Trail's attorney wants his client's property preserved

It's important to reremember that, just because something is listed at a certain price on ebay, doesn't mean that item is actually worth that much. I can list a can of beans on ebay for $100,000 but that doesn't mean anyone will buy it.

To see the amount that something has actually been purchased for in the past, refine the results to "completed listings." The amount someone's paid will be in green. IMO

Local news airing part of one of those old videos Trail & Boswell put on Facebook. My elderly father changed the channel beforeI could hear why this was a story. Possibly prosecutors want to use it? Can't find anything on websites.

Local news airing part of one of those old videos Trail & Boswell put on Facebook. My elderly father changed the channel beforeI could hear why this was a story. Possibly prosecutors want to use it? Can't find anything on websites.

Sorry for this. I can't find anything on any websites.... so I guess it was some rehash. But it was awful to hear AT's voice again and all his ridiculousness.

It's important to reremember that, just because something is listed at a certain price on ebay, doesn't mean that item is actually worth that much. I can list a can of beans on ebay for $100,000 but that doesn't mean anyone will buy it.

To see the amount that something has actually been purchased for in the past, refine the results to "completed listings." The amount someone's paid will be in green. IMO

Yep. The DM article says that in reality they only go for $1 or $2.

Shame - I have a small peace beanie bear somewhere.

I wonder if they will make a deal with her if she confesses and tells all about Trail. Or is it too late for a deal?

Imagine being a young woman facing the frickin' death penalty because you got caught up with a loser like Trail. What a waste.

jmo

meh. At some point you gotta realize she's just as guilty as him. For all we know it was all her idea. I mean, she is the one that lured her in through tinder. Trail is like 50+ did he even know what Tinder was without Boswell?

Friday, August 3rd:
*Sentencing Hearing for both (@ CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) - *Aubrey C. Trail (51) indicted with 14 counts of Federal fraud, has plead not guilty ($400K gold scam).
AT says "accidentally suffocated Sydney-a POI in Sydney's case.
Had hearing on 3/7/18 - AT wants to rep himself, potential sentence would be 280 years in prison. Judge postponed ruling.

5/8/18: Aubrey Trail agreed to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts, each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine; sentencing date is August 3rd.

7/3/18 Update: Trail tries to withdraw his guilty plea in fraud case, cites state of mind, coercion. U.S. District Judge John Gerrard will consider Trail's request at sentencing in August. At his sentencing, Trail would face up to 10 years in federal prison, $250,000 in fines and hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution.
*Bailey M. Boswell (23) indicted on 14 counts of Federal fraud, has plead not guilty ($400K gold scam) arrested & charged with transportation of stolen goods, securities, moneys, state tax stamps or articles used in aiding and abetting these types of crimes across State lines (Federal Charge).
Boswell appeared in court on 12/7/17 & Trail on 12/8/17; flight risks will remain in Federal custody.
5/8/18: Boswell pleads guilty in fraud case; in exchange for her plea Judge will dismiss the remaining 13 counts. Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine at her sentencing on August 3rd.

8/1/18 Update: DA files motion to seek DP for Boswell re murder charges.
6/11/18 Update: Attorney General Doug Peterson's office released a statement Monday just before 5 p.m. saying his office had charged (6/19/18) Trail and Boswell with first-degree murder and improper disposal of human skeletal remains. Boswell returned to court on 7/24 and for Trail on arraignment hearing was 7/13 on murder charges. Next is Status hearing on 8/20 for murder charges.

I have a note to myself that says Boswell has a hearing on 8/6. Going to check that out....

Okay - here it is for Boswell on August 6th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 10am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. No bond.

meh. At some point you gotta realize she's just as guilty as him. For all we know it was all her idea. I mean, she is the one that lured her in through tinder. Trail is like 50+ did he even know what Tinder was without Boswell?

In fact, Trail couldn't have lured her on his own. SL was going on a date with a young woman so she would never have gone for him.

I think 50+ ers know about Tinder.

Aubrey Trail chuckles, grandma of Bailey Boswell cries as Trail and Boswell are sentenced to prison in fraud case.

Aubrey Trail chuckles, grandma of Bailey Boswell cries as Trail and Boswell are sentenced to prison in fraud case

some interesting stuff in this article... AT now saying Loofe involved in coin scam...lol this guy.

Unfortunately, this newspaper is blocking me in the EU. Can someone give a 10% synopsis of what it says - especially the part where you said AT now saying Loofe involved...

TIA! :)

So next we have arraignment hearing on Aug. 6th for Boswell, and Trail is up next on for a status hearing on Aug. 20th.

Here you go @Niner

https://www.omaha.com/news/crime/au...boswell-cries-as-trail/article_d004ef0e-52e8- 5699-a194-31f4b6f9438c.html

Aubrey Trail chuckled and Bailey Boswell’s grandmother cried Friday as Trail and Boswell — charged in the slaying of Lincoln store clerk Sydney Loofe — were sentenced to prison for defrauding a Kansas couple out of $400,000. At one point during Trail’s sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court, he alleged that Loofe was somehow involved in the fraud, which involved a scheme to buy a rare and expensive coin overseas. Trail, dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, claimed that prosecutors were glad to reach a plea deal in the fraud case to “ensure that the role and involvement of Sydney Loofe was never brought to light.”

His lawyers had no comment

U.S. District Judge John Gerrard gave Boswell, five years in prison and Trail, 10 years in prison. Gerrard called Trail a “thief and swindler” whose career, since age 17, has been a series of crimes. “It’s quite apparent that you have little regard for the law,” the judge said just before giving Trail the maximum possible sentence under federal guidelines. Trail, who was shackled at the waist and ankles, responded by chuckling. “I’m facing the death penalty,” he said. “I don’t care what you give me.”

Boswell’s court-appointed attorney had asked for a lighter sentence, saying her client had been a good girl and good student from a “solid home” who experienced a life-changing event in college. “She became lost after that,” said federal public defender Jessica Milburn, who declined to detail the event. Meanwhile, Assistant U.S. District Attorney Steve Russell argued for more prison time for Boswell than recommended under federal sentencing guidelines. Russell said the scheme went into “hyperdrive” when she joined in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polkaroo9