Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I read about this person, AT, I find myself convinced this was in no way his first murder! He's entirely arrogant and calm. My biggest fear is there will be many more young pretty women in the end connected to him. He reminds me of Ted Bundy, minus the good looks!

Monday, August 6th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 10am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. No bond. DA will seek DP.
6/18/18 Update: Asked for continuance on 6/19 prelim hearing, which was set for 7/24.
7/24/18 Update: Waives right to prelim hearing, next arraignment hearing is August 6 to enter her plea; DA has not decided whether to seek DP against her yet.

8/1/18 Update: DA files motion to seek DP against Boswell.
5/4/18: Boswell pleads guilty in Federal fraud case ($400K gold scam); in exchange for her plea Judge will dismiss the remaining 13 counts. Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250K fine at her sentencing on Aug. 3rd.
8/3/18 Update: Sentenced to 5 years in prison for gold scam.
*Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
2/2/18: AT says "accidentally suffocated Sydney”.
6/19/18: Waives right to prelim hearings & wanted to proceed Pro-Se, Judge appoints ‘stand-by’ attorneys & agrees to have lawyers; case is bound over to the District court.
Next Status hearing on 8/20.

4/3/18: Aubrey Trail agrees to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts Federal fraud case ($400K gold scam), each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine; sentencing date is August 3rd.
7/3/18 Update: Trail tries to withdraw his guilty plea in fraud case, cites state of mind, coercion. U.S. District Judge John Gerrard will consider Trail's request at sentencing in August. At his sentencing, Trail would face up to 10 years in federal prison, $250,000 in fines and hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution.
8/3/18 Update: Sentenced to 10 years in prison for gold scam.

Aubrey Trail chuckles, grandma of Bailey Boswell cries as Trail and Boswell are sentenced to prison in fraud case.

Aubrey Trail chuckles, grandma of Bailey Boswell cries as Trail and Boswell are sentenced to prison in fraud case

some interesting stuff in this article... AT now saying Loofe involved in coin scam...lol this guy.
Yeah, it's all Sydney's fault.

Jeez.

Next thing he'll be saying the victim was after his Beanie Babies fortune (not to give him any ideas).

Bailey Boswell, charged in Sydney Loofe's slaying, files legal challenge to Nebraska's death penalty

Boswell's attorney filed a motion in Saline County District Court on Friday, two days after prosecutors served notice that they will seek the death penalty for Boswell, who is accused in the slaying of Sydney Loofe of Lincoln.

The motion argues that Nebraska’s sentencing procedure in death penalty cases is unconstitutional in several regards. The motion cites a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that overturned Florida’s sentencing procedure because only judges, not juries, could decide mitigating factors.

Bailey Boswell, charged in Sydney Loofe's slaying, files legal challenge to Nebraska's death penalty

The motion also argues that the death penalty “violates the evolving standards of decency that mark the progress of a maturing society.” The motion describes the declining number of death sentences and executions in the U.S., concluding that the death penalty has now become an unconstitutionally “cruel and unusual punishment.”

Boswell, a 24-year-old native of Leon, Iowa, would be the first woman on death row in the state if she is found guilty and sentenced to death, according to State Department of Corrections records.

I know they have time. I also know that AT's attys say they have not recieved all the evidence. This is going to be drawn out for at least 6 mos i fear. I am just ready to wrap this up in my head. I did not get that with lucas and was really wanting this to close. I really hate how it seems as if criminals have more rights than victims.

AT has admitted it so the only question really is how involved BB was in the murder itself. Now the fraud case is over, hopefully things might speed up.

If BB's team is starting off by challenging the constitutionality of the death penalty, I can see this taking years. (I'm not a legal expert by any means, so I'm just guessing.)

jmo

If BB's team is starting off by challenging the constitutionality of the death penalty, I can see this taking years. (I'm not a legal expert by any means, so I'm just guessing.)

jmo

I was trying to be optimistic. :(

(Just came from the April Tinsley thread and that, too, looks like it is going to drag on despite a confession.)

Last edited:

jmo
Especially as Nebraska grapples with its expiring supply of lethal injection drugs. If you follow Nebraska news, you may have read about the scheduled execution on Tuesday, 8/14, the first in years. Litigation from drug companies asking not to use their meds for this purpose. Nebraska says one of the four drugs to be used expire 8/31. 2nd drug company wants to join appeal seeking to stop Nebraska execution

All this to say that yeah, BB's case will likely drag on.

I am still so shocked at what happened to poor Sydney.

Monday, August 20th:
*Status Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) –NE – Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017; found Dec. 4 & 6, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
2/2/18: AT says "accidentally suffocated Sydney”.
6/19/18: Waives right to prelim hearings & wanted to proceed Pro-Se, Judge appoints ‘stand-by’ attorneys & agrees to have lawyers; case is bound over to the District court.
Next Status hearing on 8/20.

4/3/18: Aubrey Trail agrees to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts Federal fraud case ($400K gold scam), each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine; sentencing date is August 3rd.

7/3/18 Update: Trail tries to withdraw his guilty plea in fraud case, cites state of mind, coercion. U.S. District Judge John Gerrard will consider Trail's request at sentencing in August. At his sentencing, Trail would face up to 10 years in federal prison, $250,000 in fines and hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution.
8/3/18 Update: Sentenced to 10 years in prison for gold scam.

*Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. No bond. DA will seek DP.
6/18/18 Update: Asked for continuance on 6/19 prelim hearing, which was set for 7/24.
7/24/18 Update: Waives right to prelim hearing, next arraignment hearing is August 6 to enter her plea; DA has not decided whether to seek DP against her yet.
8/1/18 Update: DA files motion to seek DP against Boswell.
8/6/18 Update: Defense attorney files motion arguing against the death penalty, Judge postpones arguments to motion to be heard on 9/17.

5/4/18: Boswell pleads guilty in Federal fraud case ($400K gold scam); in exchange for her plea Judge will dismiss the remaining 13 counts. Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250K fine at her sentencing on Aug. 3rd.
8/3/18 Update: Sentenced to 5 years in prison for gold scam.

Thanks for the article GoJacks! But unfortunately it doesn't give his next court date, just Boswell's, which I already have.

Anyone get into Saline County court records to find out for me? :)

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member