Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found no mention of her court date in news or twitter. Did it possibly get rescheduled.

I have found no mention of her court date in news or twitter. Did it possibly get rescheduled.

74x46px-LL-59c83b81_question-marks.gif

Okay - isn't Boswell in Saline County?? I'm wondering why she doesn't come up on the court site, as Trail does....

What jail is she in - in Wilber? Maybe I can check that.

I re-read my description:
9/17/18: The court heard arguments on Monday in the case of Boswell to declare Nebraska's death penalty statutes unconstitutional in the murder of Lincoln store clerk Sydney Loofe. State prosecutors said they plan to seek the death penalty for Boswell on Aug. 1, citing the slaying's "exceptional depravity". The state will have until Oct. 1 to file a written response to the motion, and Boswell's defense will have one week after that to respond.

Okay - the State had until Oct. 1st to file their response, and defense had a week to do their respond - that would have been Oct. 8. And now today is Oct. 24th & we haven't heard a thing....
Strange....

Wednesday, Nov. 7th:
*Status Hearing (re Competency Evaluation) (@ pm CT) –NE – Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 6, 2017) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
2/2/18: AT says "accidentally suffocated Sydney”.
6/19/18: Waives right to prelim hearings & wanted to proceed Pro-Se, Judge appoints ‘stand-by’ attorneys & agrees to have lawyers; case is bound over to the District court.
Next Status hearing on 8/20.
8/20/18 Update: Defense attorney, Joseph Murray, filed three motions at Monday's hearing. The first asked the court to allow the defendant to take witness depositions to include as evidence in the case. Those witnesses will be interviewed on Sept. 19 and 20. Motion to hire a private investigator at a maximum cost of $10,000, and asked that the court release documents regarding the investigation and information gathered from the search warrant.

8/21/18 Update: Next Status hearing on 9/20.
9/20/18 Update: Motion hearing also Trail requests TV or radio since in solitary confinement. Judge will take up today.
9/21/18 Update: Saline County District Judge approved the defense's requests to hire a pathologist & forensic anthropologist to review the case. She also approved a request for computer access so Trail can review the files. One of Trail's court-appointed attorneys had asked for TV or radio access for their client but withdrew the motion after he was granted computer access. The computer won't have access to the Internet. Bound over for trial. Jury selection to begin 6/17/19. Next Status hearing on 12/12.
9/26/18 Update: Had competence hearing. Trail will be evaluated by a psychiatrist to assess whether or not he is competent to stand trial. Back in court 12/5 for a status hearing.
10/24/18 Update: Hearing on 11/7, Status hearing on 12/5 & 12/12, trial will begin 6/17/19 thru 7/5/19.
4/3/18: Aubrey Trail agrees to plead guilty to one of the 14 counts Federal fraud case ($400K gold scam), each of which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a $250,000 fine; sentencing date is August 3rd.
7/3/18 Update: Trail tries to withdraw his guilty plea in fraud case, cites state of mind, coercion. U.S. District Judge John Gerrard will consider Trail's request at sentencing in August. At his sentencing, Trail would face up to 10 years in federal prison, $250,000 in fines and hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution.
8/3/18 Update: Sentenced to 10 years in prison for gold scam.

*Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains. No bond. DA will seek DP.
6/18/18 Update: Asked for continuance on 6/19 prelim hearing, which was set for 7/24.
7/24/18 Update: Waives right to prelim hearing, next arraignment hearing is August 6 to enter her plea; DA has not decided whether to seek DP against her yet.

8/1/18 Update: DA files motion to seek DP against Boswell.
8/6/18 Update: Defense attorney files motion arguing against the death penalty, Judge postpones arguments to motion to be heard on 9/17.

9/17/18 Update: The court heard arguments on Monday in the case of Boswell to declare Nebraska's death penalty statutes unconstitutional in the murder of Lincoln store clerk Sydney Loofe. State prosecutors said they plan to seek the death penalty for Boswell on Aug. 1, citing the slaying's "exceptional depravity". The state will have until Oct. 1 to file a written response to the motion, and Boswell's defense will have one week after that to respond.

10/24/18 Update: No info on State or Defense responses. @Eleven_11 - when you have time could you see if there is a court date for her yet? :)
5/4/18: Boswell pleads guilty in Federal fraud case ($400K gold scam); in exchange for her plea Judge will dismiss the remaining 13 counts. Boswell faces up to 10 years in federal prison and a $250K fine at her sentencing on Aug. 3rd.
8/3/18 Update: Sentenced to 5 years in prison for gold scam.

Sorry - double post... WS is wacky this morning for me....

Found competent for trial

Aubrey Trail deemed fit for trial in death of Sydney Loofe

A judge ruled Aubrey Trail is mentally fit to stand trial in the murder of 24-year-old Lincoln woman Sydney Loofe.

Trail’s attorneys had his competency evaluated as a matter of due diligence to prevent last-minute issues in the case slated for trial next June.

“We want the trial on track,” Trail’s attorney Joe Murray said after the brief hearing in Saline County District Court.

Trail’s attorneys submitted a letter from a psychologist regarding his competency, and state prosecutors said they didn’t have any concerns about his fitness to stand trial.

Saline County District Judge Vicki Johnson has sealed the letter at the request of the defense.

Trail and Bailey Boswell, whom he has called his girlfriend, are accused of first-degree murder and unlawful disposal of human remains in Loofe’s death. They remain at the Saline County jail, where they are being held without bond.

Investigators say Trail strangled Loofe with an electrical cord after she came to his Wilber apartment while on a date with Boswell Nov. 15, 2017.

Her remains were found Dec. 4 in rural Clay County, and investigators allege tools used to dismember her were purchased in Lincoln hours before she went on the date with Boswell.

Trail has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

He and Boswell face the possibility of the death penalty if convicted. Boswell’s attorney is challenging the constitutionality of Nebraska’s death penalty laws.

investigators allege tools used to dismember her were purchased in Lincoln hours before she went on the date with Boswell.

So, not only was the murder premeditated, but so was the dismembering of her body. I wonder when and how those two went about deciding to make the transition from thieves at auctions to gruesome murderers.

Looks like the court site took out the Status hearing for 12/12.

Name Court Date Time Rm # Hearing Type Caption Case ID
Trail,Aubrey,C 12/05/2018 2:15PM
Status hearing State v. Aubrey C Trail CR180000037
Trail,Aubrey,C 06/17/2019 9:00AM
Jury Trial State v. Aubrey C Trail CR180000037

link: Multi-Court Case Calendar

So, not only was the murder premeditated, but so was the dismembering of her body. I wonder when and how those two went about deciding to make the transition from thieves at auctions to gruesome murderers.
My hunch is they made the transition when they figured out a way to make money from it. I've had the horrible thought from the start that the crime was videotaped for distribution. That is total speculation on my part, not fact.

jmo

Sydney Loofe killing: Co-defendant of Iowa woman competent to stand trial

Trail's trial is scheduled to begin June 17.

Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty for both Trail and Boswell.

A prosecutor cited the slaying's "exceptional depravity" in a filing regarding the state's intentions against Boswell. Prosecutors also cited the slaying's depravity in their death penalty filing against Trail and said he has a substantial history of "serious assaultive or terrorizing criminal activity."

A trial date hasn't been scheduled in her case.

My hunch is they made the transition when they figured out a way to make money from it. I've had the horrible thought from the start that the crime was videotaped for distribution. That is total speculation on my part, not fact.

jmo
Me too! For some reason in my head, I can imagine BB playing around with the story about being into amatuer video or maybe even a college project? So on that first date BB gets SL high and comfortable; they play around do a couple recordings. The nights ends with planning to see each other the next evening and BB mentioning possibly bringing someone with her (associate? student peer? buyer?) SL agrees and therefore doesn't see anything suspicous about the gentleman riding along with BB when getting picked up for the date the following evening. AT being that individual, actively filming throughout the car ride down to Wilber. Once they arrive to the destination, maybe engage in some heavier drugs and things suddenly went too far... JMO.
I see it a little strange that anyone would be soo quick to admit to guilt unless they were covering up for someone else; and the admission would inturn keep LE from investigating any further and finding out something huge.
I'm also thinking if that were true, then that video is out floating around somewhere... didn't LE state that BB's iphone was wiped clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo