Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicole Cousins on Twitter
BREAKING: Aubrey Trail, one of two suspects in the murder of Sydney Loofe, stood up in Saline County court and cut his throat with an unknown object. Deputies swarmed him and everyone was ushered out of the courtroom.

Nicole Cousins on Twitter
MORE: Our news team inside the room says Trail stood up out of his wheelchair as a witness was walking to the stand, yelled “Bailey [Boswell] is innocent and I curse you all!” and cut himself 3 times. He is being treated by medics.

Doesn't look super gruesome to me, but I guess time will tell. Screenshot from your link

View attachment 190366
Writing, starring, and directing his own show. He's loving this - the control, the drama, the attention....the scene!

As predicted from almost the start, he's into putting on a show (which what I think he did with Sydney).

She deserves at least a trial held in dignity. What a despicable man to try to deny her of even that.

jmo

I just read that they resumed court at 2, Judge Johnson said he was back in custody, and will be handcuffed for the rest of the trial. Trying to find an MSM article, because I'm ashamed to say I really don't know how to link a tweet on here...:oops:

Giving it a shot...
Tommy Rezac on Twitter

One last edit...I hope this guy is ok. He's not with a huge news network, but it is a small news outlet here in NE. I'll remove if not ok!

I just read that they resumed court at 2, Judge Johnson said he was back in custody, and will be handcuffed for the rest of the trial. Trying to find an MSM article, because I'm ashamed to say I really don't know how to link a tweet on here...:oops:
He is present in court this afternoon? Can the trial proceed without him there?

jmo

jmo

Doesn't sound like he was back in court, it just says "back in custody." I suppose it's semantics. He was never "out" of custody really.

Court was adjourned for the day and will resume tomorrow at 9. I linked an article just a minute ago that said he will be in handcuffs for the remainder of the trial. Sounds to me like he'll be there bright and early tomorrow at 9am!

Doesn't sound like he was back in court, it just says "back in custody." I suppose it's semantics. He was never "out" of custody really.

Court was adjourned for the day and will resume tomorrow at 9. I linked an article just a minute ago that said he will be in handcuffs for the remainder of the trial. Sounds to me like he'll be there bright and early tomorrow at 9am!
Awesome.

I'm totally prepared for this guy to appeal any guilty verdict because the trial wasn't done properly. Judge, please be more alert than you ever are! I think he has more tricks planned, just no idea what.

jmo

UPDATE: Trial adjourns after Aubrey Trail slices his throat in court
UPDATE: Trial adjourns after Aubrey Trail slices his throat in court
UPDATE: Judge Vicky Johnson says court has been adjourned for the rest of Monday, and that Aubrey Trail is in custody.

Johnson said she will order Trail to be kept in handcuffs for the remainder of the trial.

Officials did not provide an update on Trail's condition.

Johnson said the trial is scheduled to resume tomorrow.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Judge Vicky Johnson has adjourned proceedings for the day. She says Aubrey Trail is "back in custody" and will appear in handcuffs for the rest of the trial.

Johnson is talking with each juror individually and has asked them to not take the outburst into consideration.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Things are scheduled to resume at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning. Story coming on @NewsChannelNE.

jmo

I don't know the current law in NE, but Charlie Manson's trial proceeded without him because he was out of control. He even lunged at the judge with a sharp object.

IIRC, they put speakers in his cell so he could listen to it.

Paul Hammel on Twitter
What happens next in Aubrey Trail trial is anyone’s guess. One question — can a jury be impartial after watching the defendant attempt suicide in front of them in court?

Paul Hammel on Twitter
No word on Trail’s condition. He appeared pale and wasn’t moving when they rushed him out of the courthouse. You could see slash marks, in blood, on the side of his neck

I don't know the current law in NE, but Charlie Manson's trial proceeded without him because he was out of control. He even lunged at the judge with a sharp object.

IIRC, they put speakers in his cell so he could listen to it.
This guy would probably love to be treated like someone so famous as Manson. I wouldn't put it past AT to pull some other trick, even as handcuffed. Lunge himself out of the chair, scream, defecate (don't know where that last idea came from, but it just popped into my head....so sorry!).

jmo

It doesn't sound like he injured himself to the point of needing to be hospitalized if he has been ordered back to court. My guess is he was careful to not cut his jugular vein. We'll see.

IMO, it appears to me that AT does not want BB to pay consequences. He may have had this outburst knowing it would get a lot of press and maybe he's hoping to taint the jury pool for BB's trial? JMO

Trail taken by ambulance after courtroom outburst; jury asked to come back Tuesday

Before Trail's outburst, an FBI agent testified about searches at the Wilber apartment Trail shared with Bailey Boswell, his co-defendant on murder charges, and Sydney Loofe's apartment in Lincoln.

A Saline County Sheriff's deputy testified about searches conducted in the Wilber area.

The last to testify was the manager of a Days Inn in Spencer, Iowa, who told the jury she called a tip line after seeing that Trail and Boswell were being sought in connection with Loofe's disappearance following a Tinder date with Boswell.

She said Trail and Boswell ate Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel, at times joking and laughing.
Trail taken by ambulance after courtroom outburst; jury asked to come back Tuesday

Attachments

• 85810705-4905-4C6F-B6C5-470F158FAE00.png
    85810705-4905-4C6F-B6C5-470F158FAE00.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics