Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, following the thinking of the case in UT with Kenzie Lueck, was this relationship between Trail and all these women SD/SB? Seeems he was paying bills for them, buying stuff for them, in exchange for his sexual needs. Correct?

Or it may never be found. Snuff films are rarely found IMO. Will know more after the testimonies this week.

If they planned the murder, as it looks like they did, what was the motive?

As for the motive, I can only speculate. My opinion is probably a bit different than others and I'm sure it is influenced by the fact that I had a close family member who was a homicide detective and I heard about some extremely hideous murder cases.

JMO, I believe the motive is that AT is a sexual deviant who wanted to live out a fantasy. I think he particularly relished the dismemberment aspect of this heinous crime. I've considered necrophilia and cannibalism as possibilities as well.

I'm anxious to learn the rest of the testimony. I do trust that LE did a very thorough job of investigating this case and only two people have been charged with Sydney's murder and dismemberment. Two very sick and dangerous people. No one else has been charged.

All JMO.

People like Trail don't often use bank accounts. We know he has fraudulently sold "gold" coins for big bucks, but this money would not necessarily be traceable IMO.

True, however it's doubtful that ties to the person(s), if they even exist, would be completely untraceable; Especially when we take into account the link of he and Bailey to Sydney. The most important piece of the puzzle, their link to the victim, wasn't hidden very well....at all. Because of that, I'm not yet convinced of an unknown outside buyer and a snuff film that LE hasn't been able to recover. Is it possible? Definitely. Am I convinced? Not really. As more things come to light I'm definitely open to that changing. For now though, their ineptness at covering their tracks and ties to people combined with his lack of naming anyone makes me lean towards not being 100% convinced such video and a buyer exist.

As for broken people, I suppose that term is relative and has different meanings for different people; for instance, I would use your examples of prostitutes and drug addicted people as "broken people" as well, though broken in perhaps different ways.

Thanks everyone for posting yesterday's trial! Here is an article that wraps it up, trial continues today!

__

Ashley Hills, 22, told how Trail took her to Wilber and showed her pictures of his girls on his cellphone. All naked.

As Hills and Trail waited for Boswell to get there, they watched TV, and Trail told her about a different lifestyle he could provide. She said he told her he could pay her rent and car payments and put her through nursing school.

The woman says she left the group before Loofe’s death.

The $200 he gave her before she left would turn into a weekly allowance.

But first, just a couple of days later, Boswell picked Hills up. They got their fingernails done, ate and bought lingerie, all with cash from Trail. Later, in the basement apartment in Wilber, Trail said he wanted to see them in the lingerie. Sex followed.

Hills said not long after that, Trail told her about 12 other women he called his girls or his witches and asked if she wanted to be the 13th.

“He said I could leave whenever I wanted until I took my first soul,” she said. When State Assistant Attorney General Sandra Allen asked what Trail meant by that, Hills answered matter-of-factly: “To kill someone.”

Hills said Trail was convincing; it all sounded so real.

He made money by selling stolen antiques. Trail bought Hills things and wanted her to call him daddy. He said he was a vampire and could fly and read minds. He told her some of his witches could leave their bodies.

At that point, Hills said, she still believed what he was saying.

“It all made sense,” she said.

She described orgies where Trail would get a massage from her, Boswell and a third woman; then, if he wanted to, they’d all have sex. Sometimes it involved choking, she said.

Hills said Trail told her he had killed multiple people but it wasn’t his turn to do it anymore. He didn’t get anything from it. And he would pay the women to do it, something like 10 grand for 10 people, she said.

In order to become a witch, she said Trail had told her, she had to kill someone and take their last breath. At first she agreed.

One day in August, they went to the Walmart in Beatrice to meet a potential victim. Hills and Boswell shopped for groceries at first. But then a blonde woman with glasses, who Boswell had met on Tinder, showed up in the produce area.

At first Hills said Trail and Boswell told her they were looking for someone "who could be one of us.” But Trail later asked Hills if she would want the woman to be her first.

“First what?” the prosecutor asked.

“Kill,” Hills answered.

She said once or twice a week Trail would talk about torturing and killing people, which he said would give them power.

“It was just like regular conversation for him,” she said.

Woman testifies Trail invited her to be one of his witches and asked her to 'kill someone'

Boswell had a list of women in her clutch purse when she was arrested. After each name was a corresponding "magical power” they were said to have. One could see danger. One could heal. After another, it simply said “fire."

It was a first reference to the occult in the investigation, but not the last.

Maseth said Trail brought up a group of “treacherous women” he was involved with but didn’t want to talk about it on camera. The special agent said at one point, Trail asked him and Lincoln Police Investigator Matt Franken to go discuss it with him in the bathroom. One at a time, he whispered the same thing in their ear.

“He said witches kill, a life for a life, and they gain more power when they kill,” the special agent said.

Trail often spoke in cryptic terms, Maseth said, and also spent a lot of time talking about sexual activity in the apartment in Wilber. Trail referred to it as freaky sex.

Woman testifies Trail invited her to be one of his witches and asked her to 'kill someone'

UPDATE: Witness says she was in Trail's inner circle, describes cult-like activities

True, however it's doubtful that ties to the person(s), if they even exist, would be completely untraceable; Especially when we take into account the link of he and Bailey to Sydney. The most important piece of the puzzle, their link to the victim, wasn't hidden very well....at all. Because of that, I'm not yet convinced of an unknown outside buyer and a snuff film that LE hasn't been able to recover. Is it possible? Definitely. Am I convinced? Not really. As more things come to light I'm definitely open to that changing. For now though, their ineptness at covering their tracks and ties to people combined with his lack of naming anyone makes me lean towards not being 100% convinced such video and a buyer exist.

As for broken people, I suppose that term is relative and has different meanings for different people; for instance, I would use your examples of prostitutes and drug addicted people as "broken people" as well, though broken in perhaps different ways.
I didn't mention prostitutes but said addicted people and people with money problems. I did compare Trail to a pimp because of the fear and the way he paid for stuff for them and created a dependency on him. It is a similar hold a pimp has on his women. The sex grooming gangs use similar tactics on young vulnerable women too. I don't consider them broken but easily manipulated by evil people such as Trail. I am still catching up on facts though. About 2 pages to go and I am incredulous at all I have heard so far, but it is evil, with money at the root of it IMO.

Good Lord.... "Prosecution witnesses" or not, these women have SERIOUS problems and were voluntarily involved in some heinous stuff. I'm glad their names were published. Expose and run those crazies out of their towns.

"I continued to borrow $50-$100 from Aubrey Trail in order to stay on his good side"

I call pants on fire. Who BORROWS money to stay on someone's good side; logic tells me it would be the other way around. Logic also tells me that while sharing info on their dealings with Trail and Boswell, it's highly likely they downplay their own involvement or interests.

These broken women are SICK individuals as well. Regardless of the likely deals they made and the testimony they are now willing to give (AFTER someone is already dead mind you, not before) doesn't make them any less of a threat to society in my humble opinion.
There is actually good psychology behind asking someone for help or assistance when trying to gain their good will. I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who wrote about it. It actually does work in some instances. I read an article about it last year. Requesting money is not one of the examples I’ve seen, but I can see where it would work with certain personalities who like to feel like they still maintain some control over you.

Thanks everyone for posting yesterday's trial! Here is an article that wraps it up, trial continues today!

__

Ashley Hills, 22, told how Trail took her to Wilber and showed her pictures of his girls on his cellphone. All naked.

As Hills and Trail waited for Boswell to get there, they watched TV, and Trail told her about a different lifestyle he could provide. She said he told her he could pay her rent and car payments and put her through nursing school.

The woman says she left the group before Loofe’s death.

The $200 he gave her before she left would turn into a weekly allowance.

But first, just a couple of days later, Boswell picked Hills up. They got their fingernails done, ate and bought lingerie, all with cash from Trail. Later, in the basement apartment in Wilber, Trail said he wanted to see them in the lingerie. Sex followed.

Hills said not long after that, Trail told her about 12 other women he called his girls or his witches and asked if she wanted to be the 13th.

“He said I could leave whenever I wanted until I took my first soul,” she said. When State Assistant Attorney General Sandra Allen asked what Trail meant by that, Hills answered matter-of-factly: “To kill someone.”

Hills said Trail was convincing; it all sounded so real.

He made money by selling stolen antiques. Trail bought Hills things and wanted her to call him daddy. He said he was a vampire and could fly and read minds. He told her some of his witches could leave their bodies.

At that point, Hills said, she still believed what he was saying.

“It all made sense,” she said.

She described orgies where Trail would get a massage from her, Boswell and a third woman; then, if he wanted to, they’d all have sex. Sometimes it involved choking, she said.

Hills said Trail told her he had killed multiple people but it wasn’t his turn to do it anymore. He didn’t get anything from it. And he would pay the women to do it, something like 10 grand for 10 people, she said.

In order to become a witch, she said Trail had told her, she had to kill someone and take their last breath. At first she agreed.

One day in August, they went to the Walmart in Beatrice to meet a potential victim. Hills and Boswell shopped for groceries at first. But then a blonde woman with glasses, who Boswell had met on Tinder, showed up in the produce area.

At first Hills said Trail and Boswell told her they were looking for someone "who could be one of us.” But Trail later asked Hills if she would want the woman to be her first.

“First what?” the prosecutor asked.

“Kill,” Hills answered.

She said once or twice a week Trail would talk about torturing and killing people, which he said would give them power.

“It was just like regular conversation for him,” she said.

Sounds like a SB/SD arrangement

I'm now on the edge of my seat to know if the police have gotten any more leads on more victims. Surely their thoughts must be turning in the same direction at this point; no?
Exactly what I'm thinking unless it is Trailshit as usual. If he had killed before, wouldn't he have been caught easily? Unless he chose victim's who weren't missed, unlike Sydney who was immediately missed.

Do you see why we all left the courtroom picking our jaws up off the floor

Just think..this witness isn’t done testifying and there are 2 more behind her
God help me to keep my sanity
Is this the first trial you have attended? You deserve a medal for sitting thru it. It's terrible just reading about it.

Ritual homicides committed by true believers reflect a serious knowledge of the particular theology, a high level of skill, and meticulous attention to detail. Essentially, ritual murders committed by true believers are contemporary acts of human sacrifice. The perpetrator considers the murder to be a sacred act and the crime scene will reflect this. The victim is selected according to the purpose of the ritual and can be a stranger or a member of the group. The death will occur in a designated sacred space determined by the group’s doctrine, often an isolated outdoor area. The date is often significant and may correspond to an occult holiday or a group holiday. Since human sacrifice is a blood ritual the most common weapon is a ritual knife. Depending on the group’s doctrine, death may be slow and tortuous or a quick slitting of the throat. A common forensic indicator of ritual sacrifice is for blood to be drained from the victim. Other indicators are mutilation, carving symbols into flesh, cannibalism, sexual abuse, and dismemberment. The purpose of sacrifice is to increase personal power and/or fulfill the requirements of the belief system. True believers are the most dangerous perpetrators of any kind of religious violence because of the degree of their commitment to their beliefs, their disregard for civil authority, and their nontraditional worldview that permits them to murder without remorse.
The Forensics of Sacrifice: A Symbolic Analysis of Ritualistic Crime
Dawn Perlmutter

Institute for the Research of Organized & Ritual Violence, LLC

Curious if the upcoming expert witnesses are going to testify as to the existence of ritual elements and the expertise or lack of by the killers
I think AT was making the murder look like this to his followers, (and perhaps to video audience) and later to LE. Whether he "believed" in this stuff or not is still questionable, to me. I guess I just can't imagine ANYONE believing in this stuff....but one of the witnesses yesterday said she found him credible when he said he could fly (or whatever he was telling her). She seems to have fallen for it, for a time.

Still....I think he was using the "belief system" as a ruse to be a guru and gain followers...and to have BDSM sex. I don't really think he thought he was a vampire, did he?! (Aren't vampires supposed to be handsome and young looking?)

I feel like my IQ drops in half just by reading this stuff.

I guess leaders in his belief system are also cowards who run away when confronted. He's such a vampire/witch/leader but can't even sit in the court room. Good for the women for getting on the stand to testify - I'm sure that was not easy, imo.

jmo

Yeah, I don't know that to think about the video anymore. I thought it was videotaped from the start of the case, and when AT mentioned it with LE, I believed it....because it matched my hunch. But if LE hasn't found evidence of a snuff video, I now question that there ever was one.

I will accept whatever LE says (0r doesn't say) about it. They are solid, imo.

Again, this is part of AT's M.O., imo - to muddy the waters with nonsense and gibberish CONSTANTLY until your head spins and you just give up trying to make sense of it.

I sort of pity the prisoners who will have to put up with him.

jmo

I think AT was making the murder look like this to his followers, (and perhaps to video audience) and later to LE. Whether he "believed" in this stuff or not is still questionable, to me. I guess I just can't imagine ANYONE believing in this stuff....but one of the witnesses yesterday said she found him credible when he said he could fly (or whatever he was telling her). She seems to have fallen for it, for a time.

Still....I think he was using the "belief system" as a ruse to be a guru and gain followers...and to have BDSM sex. I don't really think he thought he was a vampire, did he?! (Aren't vampires supposed to be handsome and young looking?)

I feel like my IQ drops in half just by reading this stuff.

I guess leaders in his belief system are also cowards who run away when confronted. He's such a vampire/witch/leader but can't even sit in the court room. Good for the women for getting on the stand to testify - I'm sure that was not easy, imo.

jmo
The witness is only 22 and left before Sydney was entrapped so she must have been in her late teens and sexually abused by a stepfather too. Exactly the type a 50 year old pervert would be able to influence. She was already a victim and he took advantage, but she got away, same as the other girl she mentioned. There is a cultish aspect as has been mentioned, similar to Manson but Trail is basically a con man out of his depth. He has not been able to con LE.

Just want to say that making a snuff film involves murdering someone and filming it and selling the video. Making a fake snuff film would involve filming a pretend murder then selling the film as a real murder. The second one is not illegal. What did Trail say he was actually being paid $15k for, was it a video or just the fantasy itself? Just trying to get this straight in my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member