NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bumping: this up...fwiw.
This news story has letters from the lawyer Tyler's husband retained. One letter explains that the lawyer instructed police not to interview his client again, as he'd already consented to two searches of their home and was interviewed twice. Lawyer says police report of husband withdrawing his cooperation is not true.

There's mention of a search being made of the home of a family member of the husband's, which seems interesting.

ETA: jinx

Why would he go for a run without his phone? People who go for a run typically bring the phone along to record health related data.
I know it sounds absolutely bonkers that people run without their phones, but my best friend is an elite professional runner and has never run with his phone (much to my chagrin). He says he gets his thinking out during his runs as it’s a meditative process. I know others in his circles are the same. Anecdotal, sure, but you see my point - someone taking off after an argument (one that prompted a 911 call) without things like a wallet, phone, keys etc to clear their head.

MOO.

Not sure if I can link here, or if anyone has posted this already, but the 902 Podcast released an episode about Tyler. Investigators go through the timeline and what we currently know. Apparently, the spouse recorded their argument and stops with the 911 call. Worth a listen.

Is the general consensus still that Tyler is gone of his own volition and OK? There has already been one major holiday coming onto the next one with no word or indication of wellbeing. Yet no renewed searches that I am aware of.

It's hard to believe Tyler is just giving the silent treatment while at an unknown location. Hopefully the family gets answers soon.

^ I think he took off on his own volition, but I don't think he's okay... I hope he is, but we rarely see cases with happy endings here so maybe I'm cynical

Jmo
I should have edited my post to say yes, he seemingly left of his own choice but what could be keeping him from making contact or returning? What are the odds of something bad happening? What kind of bad thing?

I'm just thinking of other MP cases where MH wasn't suspected but was in fact the outcome. In those cases, the MP is often located after searches.

This is all MOO and not asking anyone in particular. Just to me, it would seem that leaving on foot in a fairly rural area would have some limitations as to how far one could get without being seen, heard or leaving any trace. Also being in a somewhat rural area if something bad were to happen, would seem to me, easier to locate an person who is compromised.

JMO.

I'm still a little concerned that the husband quickly retained a lawyer and stopped talking to investigators. That often results in cases going cold.

I’m not concerned. A parent retaining counsel is perfectly prudent. His attorney make it clear that he did not cease cooperation, as the police claimed. The idea that retaining counsel is an indication of guilt is a dangerous Law & Order/“copaganda” myth.

I’m not concerned. A parent retaining counsel is perfectly prudent. His attorney make it clear that he did not cease cooperation, as the police claimed. The idea that retaining counsel is an indication of guilt is a dangerous Law & Order/“copaganda” myth.
Yes, I was recently listening to a podcast - they are prosecutors, not defense attorneys, and they said if your spouse has gone missing or is found dead, get a lawyer, preferably before you talk to police. You could easily say something they will misunderstand.

JMO

I'm not saying it implies guilt. I'm saying that shutting off communication between LE and the partner, the person who last saw him, with whom he lived, stalls the investigation into Mr Goodrich's disappearance. That often results in a cold case.

JMO, for all practical purposes, the investigation is now ended.

If the partner wants to find out what happened to Tyler, he would do what most people do in this situation - cooperate with LE to find him.

I'm not saying it implies guilt. I'm saying that shutting off communication between LE and the partner, the person who last saw him, with whom he lived, stalls the investigation into Mr Goodrich's disappearance. That often results in a cold case.

JMO, for all practical purposes, the investigation is now ended.

If the partner wants to find out what happened to Tyler, he would do what most people do in this situation - cooperate with LE to find him.

But communication wasn’t shut off and there is no lack of cooperation, per his attorney. Retaining counsel - particularly as the only present parent of young children - and wanting to find a missing spouse are not mutually exclusive. The idea that being represented by an attorney totally excludes cooperation with LE is a television myth.

If there is a chance you could be under suspicion of a crime, always have legal representation before making statements to police. It is logically the smart thing to do.

Attorney representation does not shut off communication between you and LE. It means you can talk to LE with lawyer present and with lawyer's advice to protect your rights. MOO

If there is a chance you could be under suspicion of a crime, always have legal representation before making statements to police. It is logically the smart thing to do.

Attorney representation does not shut off communication between you and LE. It means you can talk to LE with lawyer present and with lawyer's advice to protect your rights. MOO
I don’t have that impression from reading news stories about this case. I don’t see anything to indicate the partner is providing any further information. Once he hired an attorney, it appears there was little progress in the investigation.

I get the need to protect your rights in these cases, but JMO, something else is happening. As a possible crime victim, Tyler seems fairly low risk. The lack of violent or criminal history, the unusual timeline of the 911 calls, the passage of so much time with no body found, allegedly leaving home on foot with cars and possessions at home…

bbm
Hmmm, good question...
This may be relevant. There was a gun crime at a neighbors house recently. The police had to get a search warrant to search for weapons. Neighbor said they allowed police to search without the warrant. Later, it was revealed the neighbor only allowed LE to search one room, claiming it wasn’t necessary to search other rooms. After getting the warrant, LE found more weapons and ammo in other rooms.

What someone says publicly about a search isn’t always the reality. They lied to police and neighbors.

I don’t have that impression from reading news stories about this case. I don’t see anything to indicate the partner is providing any further information. Once he hired an attorney, it appears there was little progress in the investigation.

I get the need to protect your rights in these cases, but JMO, something else is happening. As a possible crime victim, Tyler seems fairly low risk. The lack of violent or criminal history, the unusual timeline of the 911 calls, the passage of so much time with no body found, allegedly leaving home on foot with cars and possessions at home…
After this happened with him getting a lawyer and not cooperating, only a few days later, LSO did an update that the husband was then fully cooperating, had been interviewed, was very helpful, and that there was no indication the husband was any kind of suspect. They've said that multiple times now, fwiw.

There is a recording with timestamp of the argument, with both their voices heard, then the recording ends when he calls 911, M tells TG he's called 911, and the very next minute is the Blink video of TG running off, same minute he turns off his phone, and he runs in a direction away from the road. And that's the last he's seen.

We don't know how long M stays on that 911 call, but LE could have arrived at any time. They get there 15 minutes later and are seen on Blink video searching outside for TG. For M to be guilty, he would have had to hang up with 911, tell his kid to stay inside, run outside and find TG, kill him, hide him and any sign of the murder, all while knowing full well that LE was on their way and could pull in at any second. Alternately, TG would have had to return after LE left, but not be seen on camera, or M found him elsewhere, and it happened outside of camera range, with TG never turning his phone back on.

I understand people's suspicion, but for me, the timing and circumstances don't point to him at all. He temporarily stopped cooperating and got a lawyer after LE had been to his house multiple times, and he was already being blamed on SM. But soon after, he did cooperate, the kids were interviewed, he spoke at a vigil, and LE expressed he was never a suspect and they saw no indication of any wrongdoing. For him to stay quiet and private at this point seems reasonable considering his name has been smeared on every online platform. He has teenagers in his home, as well. Per the Facebook page, strangers have even shown up to his house. I just don't find his actions suspicious, tbh, at least not anything we've been told by LE in their timeline.

JMO.

Last edited:
After this happened with him getting a lawyer and not cooperating, only a few days later, LSO did an update that the husband was then fully cooperating, had been interviewed, was very helpful, and that there was no indication the husband was any kind of suspect. They've said that multiple times now, fwiw.

There is a recording with timestamp of the argument, with both their voices heard, then the recording ends when he calls 911, M tells TG he's called 911, and the very next minute is the Blink video of TG running off, same minute he turns off his phone, and he runs in a direction away from the road. And that's the last he's seen.

We don't know how long M stays on that 911 call, but LE could have arrived at any time. They get there 15 minutes later and are seen on Blink video searching outside for TG. For M to be guilty, he would have had to hang up with 911, tell his kid to stay inside, run outside and find TG, kill him, hide him and any sign of the murder, all while knowing full well that LE was on their way and could pull in at any second. Alternately, TG would have had to return after LE left, but not be seen on camera, or M found him elsewhere, and it happened outside of camera range, with TG never turning his phone back on.

I understand people's suspicion, but for me, the timing and circumstances don't point to him at all. He temporarily stopped cooperating and got a lawyer after LE had been to his house multiple times, and he was already being blamed on SM. But soon after, he did cooperate, the kids were interviewed, he spoke at a vigil, and LE expressed he was never a suspect and they saw no indication of any wrongdoing. For him to stay quiet and private at this point seems reasonable considering his name has been smeared on every online platform. He has teenagers in his home, as well. Per the Facebook page, strangers have even shown up to his house. I just don't find his actions suspicious, tbh, at least not anything we've been told by LE in their timeline.

JMO.
We're the children present during the argument?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back