NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As with so many cases like this where the family and friends are adamant that their loved one would not do x, y, or z, then is found to have done something outside their understanding, we cannot know what happened or was happening within the marriage or the family. I personally feel very sad for the husband who has been all but branded responsible for the situation/outcome, when we do not know what transpired that night. He's been left to manage not only the fallout from the incident but also to grieve his husband's absence and parent their children alone with everything else going on. moo

I also feel badly for the husband. I understand in many cases of missing people it is the significant other or those closest to home who are the most suspicious but, in this case, I truly do not believe Tyler’s husband had anything to do with him disappearing. There is footage of Tyler leaving the house on foot that night and police have also stated that he is not a suspect. He also seems genuinely heartbroken in the video posted above. I’m hoping that he, his kids, and the rest of Tyler’s family and friends can find peace and some semblance of closure very soon, one way or another, because the “not knowing” is probably eating them alive.

MOO.

Lonnie, who is a retired school teacher, told Dateline a story that he says exemplifies who his son is as a person. “When he was in elementary, our cooks always provided cookies to the kids at lunchtime. So Tyler came home one weekend... and said, ‘Dad, the cooks make us cookies every day. Can we make cookies for the cooks?’” he said. “So we made cookies so Tyler could take them to the cooks just to repay them for their kindness.”

“He was just a good person. I would say he was always a champion of the underdog,” Lonnie said.

“He persevered through everything. He pushed himself. He believed, I think, in excellence. He strove to be his best at things,” Lonnie said. “He wanted to get his master’s degree, got it in 14 weeks and four days -- talk about driven,” the proud father recounted. “He always told me he was going to be warden,” Lonnie said. “He said, ‘I will end up being warden someday.’ So maybe that truly was his ultimate goal.”

Dateline spoke with one of Tyler’s friends, Rachel Barth. “Tyler and I have been friends since kindergarten,” she said. “Tyler was one of those people that just made friends easily.”

They were having a movie night with their kids.

“And then the rest of the night happened,” Vogel said. “We got into an argument, and I ended up calling 911, and Tyler left out of the garage.”

Four days after Goodrich went missing, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office said Vogel was no longer cooperating in the investigation.

“We let them search the house,” he said. “I told them that it was an open door, they can come anytime they want.”

Vogel said law enforcement searched the property multiple times and served a search warrant.

“I do understand that the spouse is the first suspect, and so I do understand them putting that pressure,” he said. “But I’m really glad that we have moved past that.”

The couple adopted two teenage boys together

“I just have no idea,” he said. “He left the house, and I was on the phone with 911. Anything after that, I just don’t know. And there’s enough speculation all over the internet that I don’t need to speculate on that.”

I always thought the evening of the 3rd that 911 was called for a domestic dispute but the investigator states they have the audio recording that it is more of a conversation between the couple.

But, M says they got into an argument so he dialed 911 as Tyler fled out of the garage.

Ty's father's poignant words are sad when he says his son is dead that his body is missing.

Marshall is under no obligation to publicly say what he and Tyler were arguing about, nor what kind of argument it was. But without that knowledge, it's impossible to even guess what Tyler's frame of mind might have been. And without knowing Tyler's mental state, it's impossible to say what he may have done after leaving the house.

This quote from Tyler’s husband in the Dateline article is interesting:

“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

It sounds like their marriage was over. Husband says they talked about what a “perfect night” would be. What does that mean?

“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

It sounds like their marriage was over. Husband says they talked about what a “perfect night” would be. What does that mean?
It sounds like he was leaving a lot out of his description of their 'conversation' that night. How do you go from 'Our marriage ain't supposed to be for forever' to 'what would a perfect night be?'

Something is missing from that equation. Tyler said his perfect night would be pizza/movie night with the kids but then he runs out the back door, leaving the pizza and his young son behind?

It sounds like he was leaving a lot out of his description of their 'conversation' that night. How do you go from 'Our marriage ain't supposed to be for forever' to 'what would a perfect night be?'

Something is missing from that equation. Tyler said his perfect night would be pizza/movie night with the kids but then he runs out the back door, leaving the pizza and his young son behind?
Yes, it doesn’t make sense to me anyway. There’s a lot left out. Then he repeats a message to Tyler that says “call your dad” as if he knows if Tyler were able to contact anyone, it wouldn’t be him.

Hmmm... just saw the interview and I'm not sure what to think. I agree with previous commenters that a lot is missing out on the argument/conversation. I'd also like to know if arguments like this were a frequent thing. The hints to how it seemed like the marriage was over would suggest they were going through a rough patch. I know we don't need to be told that and probably won't but it would add more insight into Tyler's life before he went missing and the evening that he did. I fear that he may have harmed himself, if the marriage was over and the last few weeks were filled with disagreements and other situations we may not know about, he may have been in a bad place mentally. JMO.

MOO I take the 'perfect night' to either mean a) let's have one last perfect night before we tell the kids we're divorcing b) let's 'reset' (no more arguing/talking about our marriage) and let's try to have a perfect night.

Either way, if their marriage was in crisis, trying to have a "perfect night" could have pushed one or both of them over the edge emotionally. Example: one says something small but negative... Other responds, "this was supposed to be our perfect night!" and it starts from there. Would be a lot of pressure maybe.

MOO

Yes, it doesn’t make sense to me anyway. There’s a lot left out. Then he repeats a message to Tyler that says “call your dad” as if he knows if Tyler were able to contact anyone, it wouldn’t be him.

A scenario that would make sense to me would be something like this: They have a conversation about the end of the marriage. But Tyler wasn’t the one who wanted that. Nevertheless, in the conversation, it is determined that the marriage is over. They make decisions about who will live where and how to share the kids. They decide to have a last “perfect” night as a family.

But despite things being “amicable”, Tyler becomes distraught as the night wears on and reality sets in. He expresses how he feels. He doesn’t want to go on if they can’t be a family. He makes statements that cause his husband to fear for Tyler’s well being. So the husband calls 911. Tyler ultimately runs out of the home, during the call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back