NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is all my own speculation, given we don't know the content of the argument/conversation...but:
1. IF the argument was more of a conversation then there would be no reason to call 911 (ie. there was no physical fight or risk of escalation to a physical fight) nor to record the conversation. Therefore,
2. there must be another good reason to call 911, and this could be for example the concern for the other person's wellbeing
3. Tyler (the high achiever, successful type A personality) could simply be overwhelmed by the imminent failure of the marriage and manifesting this during the conversation by threatening self harm. This may have lead Michael to call 911.
4. Could the request of one "last perfect night" mean "I want to spend one last good moment with the family before I end my life"?

All MOO, but being exposed to this kind of situation before I can see the logic in it.

I still hope this is not the case.

The way I interpreted the comment about having a perfect night was more along the lines of trying to destress the situation and rescue the relationship by having "the perfect family movie night", not like it was some last ditch effort.

Just bc Tyler is a marathon runner doesn't explain why he hasn't come back. Also, Tyler didn't seem to take anything with him so to me, it would seem the most likely thing is that something bad happened when Tyler took off, an accident. Yet in that case, would he not have turned up by now? It's just hard to believe the odds.

Authorities are not investigating Goodrich’s disappearance as a criminal case.

But Barth said her and several others think a crime was committed.

“There just is no evidence to back that up,” she said.

Why do they think a crime was committed? There's another case of a father who left after an argument and still hasn't been found... can't remember his name... I'm apart of the fb group but wasn't on this site when it happened, I will have to look. His is presumed a suicide, and Tyler's disappearance is tragically giving me that same sort of energy.

His husband looks absolutely heartbroken.

I always thought the evening of the 3rd that 911 was called for a domestic dispute but the investigator states they have the audio recording that it is more of a conversation between the couple.

But, M says they got into an argument so he dialed 911 as Tyler fled out of the garage.

Ty's father's poignant words are sad when he says his son is dead that his body is missing.

Marshall is under no obligation to publicly say what he and Tyler were arguing about, nor what kind of argument it was. But without that knowledge, it's impossible to even guess what Tyler's frame of mind might have been. And without knowing Tyler's mental state, it's impossible to say what he may have done after leaving the house.

This quote from Tyler’s husband in the Dateline article is interesting:

“Marshall Vogel told Dateline that he and Tyler were discussing their relationship that night. “Things were tough. We -- we both knew that we loved each other very much. It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever,” he said. “We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ “

It sounds like their marriage was over. Husband says they talked about what a “perfect night” would be. What does that mean?
All of this makes me feel like Tyler had a mental breakdown and 911 was called for his safety. Just how I feel.

Deputies believe a video shows Tyler's last sighting outside his driveway just before 8 p.m. Officials say his conversation with his husband led to a 911 call, and he was then reported missing by his spouse.

"We've never said he had anything to do with it," chief deputy Ben Houchin said.

Idk what to make out of that statement I suppose. But generally, I think families have a really hard time accepting that someone they love so deeply could have potentially ended their own life. To me that just seems like the most likely scenario. I haven't checked the family's FB group yet so I wonder what that is like.

The way I interpreted the comment about having a perfect night was more along the lines of trying to destress the situation and rescue the relationship by having "the perfect family movie night", not like it was some last ditch effort.

Just bc Tyler is a marathon runner doesn't explain why he hasn't come back. Also, Tyler didn't seem to take anything with him so to me, it would seem the most likely thing is that something bad happened when Tyler took off, an accident. Yet in that case, would he not have turned up by now? It's just hard to believe the odds.

BBM

Being a marathon runner doesn't explain why he didn't return home, but it could explain why he hasn't been found.

Let's say Tyler could have run about 20 miles in any direction. This is the amount of area that would cover, much of it being open countryside:

TG1.jpg

BBM

Being a marathon runner doesn't explain why he didn't return home, but it could explain why he hasn't been found.

Let's say Tyler could have run about 20 miles in any direction. This is the amount of area that would cover, much of it being open countryside:

View attachment 469552
His dad said the direction the video shows the person running is toward their barn and they have a large property, and he said, "Once you go past that... it's terrible." Something about briar and it being really difficult terrain. Just an FYI I learned only minutes ago from these links

His dad said the direction the video shows the person running is toward their barn and they have a large property, and he said, "Once you go past that... it's terrible." Something about briar and it being really difficult terrain. Just an FYI I learned only minutes ago from these links

But that's presumably one of the areas they've searched? So they've either missed him, or he passed through the area despite the tough terrain, and could have then traveled who knows how far in any direction.

BBM

View attachment 469552
Just bc Tyler might have run far away doesn't mean he stayed far away and where to? In open country side, if something accidental happened or SH or along those lines, surely by now there should be some indication or a hint. Maybe just a matter of finding something?

I am unfamiliar with the terrain but if there was brush or scrub nearby I'd think it would be harder to tear through the land and remain unscathed. When I think of people just seemingly vanishing like this, I think of British Columbia, Canada. A place with vast forested areas where people are known to go missing frequently.

None of it explains the silence though. It doesn't make sense. What are the odds of running off only to meet with harm and be undiscovered this whole time? Even at that, this seems the most likely somehow.

What are the odds of tearing off with hardly a thing and then SH in the middle of nowhere to not be found? What are the odds of taking off and giving the silent treatment to everyone in your life while hiding out somewhere? How many possibilities are there, realistically?

Authorities are not investigating Goodrich’s disappearance as a criminal case.

But Barth said her and several others think a crime was committed.

“There just is no evidence to back that up,” she said.

Why do they think a crime was committed? There's another case of a father who left after an argument and still hasn't been found... can't remember his name... I'm apart of the fb group but wasn't on this site when it happened, I will have to look. His is presumed a suicide, and Tyler's disappearance is tragically giving me that same sort of energy.

His husband looks absolutely heartbroken.
Why do they think a crime was committed?
I’m interested in this too. I have to think that the husband told TG’s father what the fight was about and why he called 911, right? So I see a few scenarios:
- TG was threatening self harm and this is why husband called 911. TG runs away and doesn’t return. Does the friend/family think someone then kidnapped or killed him? Randomly?
Or TG ran to someone he knows for help and that person caused him harm? purposely or accidentally?
Or TG ran away and, with or without help, is starting a new life somewhere. But this is not a crime.
- Husband called 911 because Tyler was threatening to hurt someone else (husband, kids, ?). He takes off running and husband calls 911 to report it. What does the friend/family think in this scenario? The husband went after him or TG returned home and was kidnapped/killed? Or someone other than the husband got to him? Again, randomly? Or purposely?

I just can’t figure out why else the husband would have called 911 - either he threatened self harm or harm to someone else. From there, I am not sure what crime they think was committed. I wonder if his calls/texts revealed anything.

Just bc Tyler might have run far away doesn't mean he stayed far away and where to? In open country side, if something accidental happened or SH or along those lines, surely by now there should be some indication or a hint. Maybe just a matter of finding something?

I am unfamiliar with the terrain but if there was brush or scrub nearby I'd think it would be harder to tear through the land and remain unscathed. When I think of people just seemingly vanishing like this, I think of British Columbia, Canada. A place with vast forested areas where people are known to go missing frequently.

None of it explains the silence though. It doesn't make sense. What are the odds of running off only to meet with harm and be undiscovered this whole time? Even at that, this seems the most likely somehow.

What are the odds of tearing off with hardly a thing and then SH in the middle of nowhere to not be found? What are the odds of taking off and giving the silent treatment to everyone in your life while hiding out somewhere? How many possibilities are there, realistically?

Realistically, there are almost *endless* possibilities.

It doesn't take much for a person to not be found for months, years, decades, or ever. The area surrounding Tyler's home has a lot of fields, some woodland, a lot of rivers and creeks, lakes, etc. I look at the terrain and ask myself where Tyler *couldn't* be hidden, not where he could.

Realistically, there are almost *endless* possibilities.

It doesn't take much for a person to not be found for months, years, decades, or ever. The area surrounding Tyler's home has a lot of fields, some woodland, a lot of rivers and creeks, lakes, etc. I look at the terrain and ask myself where Tyler *couldn't* be hidden, not where he could.
What are the odds that he took off after a fight and something so tragic happened that he cannot be found? Does this seem plausible? Not so much the not being found in that terrain, more the odds of a fatal injury or accident.

It seems more likely and much less dramatic and extreme than Tyler running off and "unaliving" himself. Not to judge, I'm just saying that would be a bit extreme considering the circumstance and for someone who has not been reported to suffer prior MH concerns.

I really hope something turns up soon!

What are the odds that he took off after a fight and something so tragic happened that he cannot be found? Does this seem plausible? Not so much the not being found in that terrain, more the odds of a fatal injury or accident.

It seems more likely and much less dramatic and extreme than Tyler running off and "unaliving" himself. Not to judge, I'm just saying that would be a bit extreme considering the circumstance and for someone who has not been reported to suffer prior MH concerns.

I really hope something turns up soon!
I have friends who have MH concerns whose families have zero idea. Only their spouses and closest friends know that.

I don't think Tyler went for a run. I think he was running away. What causes grown men to run away? Tyler was a military man and a guard at a prison who wanted to become the warden. What could he have been frightened of that caused him to flee? Is running so natural for him that he'd forego riding in the car for a while to chill from the argument?

"LSO Chief Deputy Houchin said Goodrich’s phone was last active Friday at 7:41 p.m. at his home. He also cleared up some misinformation he’s seen on social media.

“The location at SW 13th and W Van Dorn was not a phone ping. It was a post on Snapchat.”

Perhaps the SnapChat was with his oldest son who was at work that Friday evening. idk But, Tyler's last activity on his phone, the SnapChat, was 4 minutes before the 911 call was made at 7:45pm.

Was Tyler's SnapChat happening in the middle of the argument with M or just prior to running out of the garage toward the barn? His phone is still on when seen for a jiffy running in the Blink footage, if that is his phone's flashlight. Ty was gone as long as 4 minutes before 911 was called so what danger did M sense that he, or anyone else, was in at that time?

Something in their conversation may have led M to believe their marriage was over because M was prompted to reveal "It was just maybe our -- maybe our marriage wasn’t supposed to be forever. Who wanted the marriage to end?

I’m interested in this too. I have to think that the husband told TG’s father what the fight was about and why he called 911, right? So I see a few scenarios:
- TG was threatening self harm and this is why husband called 911. TG runs away and doesn’t return. Does the friend/family think someone then kidnapped or killed him? Randomly?
Or TG ran to someone he knows for help and that person caused him harm? purposely or accidentally?
Or TG ran away and, with or without help, is starting a new life somewhere. But this is not a crime.
- Husband called 911 because Tyler was threatening to hurt someone else (husband, kids, ?). He takes off running and husband calls 911 to report it. What does the friend/family think in this scenario? The husband went after him or TG returned home and was kidnapped/killed? Or someone other than the husband got to him? Again, randomly? Or purposely?

I just can’t figure out why else the husband would have called 911 - either he threatened self harm or harm to someone else. From there, I am not sure what crime they think was committed. I wonder if his calls/texts revealed anything.

Tyler's father has made it clear, via NBC Dateline, how he feels about the disappearance of his 35yo son.

"Lonnie Goodrich agrees. “I believe that someone took his life and I believe they took his life on the 3rd when he didn’t come back home,” he said. “Somebody did it. Somebody knows.”

The house and property were under a couple of search warrants. They found no signs of a crime.

But that's presumably one of the areas they've searched? So they've either missed him, or he passed through the area despite the tough terrain, and could have then traveled who knows how far in any direction.
< > Tyler and Marshall have a big property. “Leaving in that direction would take you towards the barn and the animals,” Lonnie said. “But once you go beyond there, it’s -- it’s terrible.”

< > terrain is difficult to walk through, especially in the dark. “Essentially to get out of that area, you’d have to cross through those tree lines and they’re not, I mean, I walked them more than once and they’re not ones that you just walk through, because you get caught by the thorny locust trees and the briars,”

It's not clear that L walked the thorny area during the search for Tyler but it's a logical conclusion. I've always thought Tyler did not go past their barn. He gets in the barn with the animals and shuts off his phone, maybe.

In the same link, it says the police have more Blink and surrounding neighbor's security footage but Tyler's not seen in it.

Tyler's father has made it clear, via NBC Dateline, how he feels about the disappearance of his 35yo son.

"Lonnie Goodrich agrees. “I believe that someone took his life and I believe they took his life on the 3rd when he didn’t come back home,” he said. “Somebody did it. Somebody knows.”

The house and property were under a couple of search warrants. They found no signs of a crime.
JMO, his dad may be right. He probably knows more than the public.

There was a significant amount of time between the husband calling 911 and reporting Tyler missing the next day.

From the beginning, I thought that the 911 call went in because M was concerned about T's safety, but that was before I realized that T left during the 911 call, and that the argument was recorded up until the 911 call.

Now, imo, the reason for the 911 call was probably not a threat of self-harm, because LE would have heard that threat on the recording, and I believe the family would be told this, and would be less inclined to think somebody else took his life. IDK. I understand families often deny their loved one would do such a thing, but if TG spoke the words himself, maybe there's less to deny. JMO.

I still think that self-harm is a good likelihood, however, but I respect that the family might have reasons we don't know about that suggests someone killed him. What a terrible burden for the family to carry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back