NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it absolutely definite that Tyler did not return to the home after allegedly running off when the 911 call was made?
That's a good question. We don't know how many cameras they have, other than the back door one. I'm assuming that if there is a back door/garage view there is probably a front door view as well. But he would know where the cams are, so if he wanted to avoid cameras, he probably could. But IDK.

That's a good question. We don't know how many cameras they have, other than the back door one. I'm assuming that if there is a back door/garage view there is probably a front door view as well. But he would know where the cams are, so if he wanted to avoid cameras, he probably could. But IDK.
As a person living in a cave in the 18th century, I have zero cameras. You modern people (lol) that have Ring cameras, security cameras etc., say if Ty did come back that evening, even if he’d been caught on camera, can you erase your own video etc.? I’m sure if you could LE techs could suss out that it’d been deleted. Sorry for asking, but do we know the timing of that short video being given to LE?
I would think LE would’ve gotten the video when Ty was reported missing.
Just curious if he could’ve come back and not even had to dodge the cameras, or is it possible they could show more that happened later after he ran off, and someone deleted it?
Sorry if I’m really convoluted. I’m sick. Go easy on me.
All silly questions and feverish MOO.

As a person living in a cave in the 18th century, I have zero cameras. You modern people (lol) that have Ring cameras, security cameras etc., say if Ty did come back that evening, even if he’d been caught on camera, can you erase your own video etc.? I’m sure if you could LE techs could suss out that it’d been deleted. Sorry for asking, but do we know the timing of that short video being given to LE?
I would think LE would’ve gotten the video when Ty was reported missing.
Just curious if he could’ve come back and not even had to dodge the cameras, or is it possible they could show more that happened later after he ran off, and someone deleted it?
Sorry if I’m really convoluted. I’m sick. Go easy on me.
All silly questions and feverish MOO.
You absolutely can erase videos that are recorded, unless the camera system stores videos in a cloud service provided by the installer.
But mind you, if the police wanted to look deep into it they would probably be able to recover the deleted files anyway.
Also, T did not avoid the camera when he was leaving/running away, so why would he do it when coming back?
In my mind, if I was T and I wanted to make M look bad/suspicious, I would avoid the cameras on the way out too. That way there would be no hard proof of me leaving and M would look like he did something to me, and then staged the 911 call etc to cover up.
I personally don't think he ever came back.

You absolutely can erase videos that are recorded, unless the camera system stores videos in a cloud service provided by the installer.
But mind you, if the police wanted to look deep into it they would probably be able to recover the deleted files anyway.
Also, T did not avoid the camera when he was leaving/running away, so why would he do it when coming back?
In my mind, if I was T and I wanted to make M look bad/suspicious, I would avoid the cameras on the way out too. That way there would be no hard proof of me leaving and M would look like he did something to me, and then staged the 911 call etc to cover up.
I personally don't think he ever came back.

My DD who is a marathon runner said he could have easily run miles from home as many here have opined. I think he fled to the barn and should be found nearby.

How would any further camera recordings be made since MV gave the police their computer's hard drive? Color me curious.

since you brought it up, curious if a lot of homes in the area have cameras- it just seemed rural and not that traveled but maybe not. Also curious who installed the cameras/when/ and if TG could turn them off, maybe even with his phone.

My DD who is a marathon runner said he could have easily run miles from home as many here have opined. I think he fled to the barn and should be found nearby.

How would any further camera recordings be made since MV gave the police their computer's hard drive? Color me curious.
I was thinking MV didn’t know Ty was missing until the next morning, so I wondered if that’s when he gave LE the video of Ty leaving, or computer hard drive. I know LE technicians can recover deleted files, just scratching my brain because I don’t know what to think. Nothing feels right. Did he run 20 miles and have a medical event, or was accosted? I, too, feel like he’s closer to home, but so far my feelings score is 00. MOO

I was thinking MV didn’t know Ty was missing until the next morning, so I wondered if that’s when he gave LE the video of Ty leaving, or computer hard drive.
Yes, that's right! I recall MV stating that Ty was in charge of the camera and tech stuff rather than himself. TY However, I don't recall if the hard drive was given in a search warrant or not but there wasn't any hesitation from MV, iirc.
I know LE technicians can recover deleted files, just scratching my brain because I don’t know what to think. Nothing feels right. Did he run 20 miles and have a medical event, or was accosted? I, too, feel like he’s closer to home, but so far my feelings score is 00. MOO
Now, I shall also wonder a bit if he did run in an effort to work off stress but there's been no reported sightings of him at all. I wish another search of the bushes and briars behind the barn would happen but it's possible with it being on private property they'd need permission to do so.

I hope Ty knows he had lots of people searching because of his various interests such as running, his prison job and being a former MIL guy, it's likely he had more volunteers than some other MPs generate.

I wasn't sure if he gave them the actual hard drive or if he gave them a copy on a thumb drive.

We had video footage of a burglar walking by our camera after leaving the neighbour's house---police came by to look at it and just made a copy on a thumb drive. I didn't give away the actual equipment.

since you brought it up, curious if a lot of homes in the area have cameras- it just seemed rural and not that traveled but maybe not. Also curious who installed the cameras/when/ and if TG could turn them off, maybe even with his phone.
A lot of rural homes have cameras, especially if they have farming equipment or livestock.

Yes, if TG installed the equipment , he likely had a way to monitor it with his phone. JMO

The police have already cleared the husband as a suspect.

Link please?

I’ve only seen articles that said cooperating not “cleared”.

I’m most of all curious that there was a suspect, much less the husband, to be cleared.

I thought that Tyler’s fate is unknown.

LE that responded to MV’s call had media saying that no one was in trouble for the episode proceeding the call, imo.

imo

feel free to scroll and roll by this post but from my experience, expertise, and wisdom (ha ha), we might want to remember also that LE can lie and mislead in attempt to gain information. We may remember also that it's advisable to follow the evidence. If there isn't any, don't create your own to fit a theory.

Sure, IMO.

I remember this too and also believe it's from Dateline. I remember thinking that it made sense. Marshall got the kids out (while police still there) and came back next day thinking T would be homr but wasn't so reported him missing. MOO
Thanks @TexLil I admit I've been tricked by Dateline and social media so many times, I've become a stickler for verified links. It does make sense that Marshall would take the kids away while the dust settled.

Link please?

I’ve only seen articles that said cooperating not “cleared”.

I’m most of all curious that there was a suspect, much less the husband, to be cleared.

I thought that Tyler’s fate is unknown.

LE that responded to MV’s call had media saying that no one was in trouble for the episode proceeding the call, imo.

imo
No, Tyler's husband was not cleared as a suspect because he was never named as a suspect. LE told the media he had stopped cooperating, so he hired an attorney. He is now "cooperating" via the attorney. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Tyler's fate remains unknown, but the circumstances of his disappearance remain highly suspicious. I was surprised to learn from the Dateline story that Tyler commuted to work with the Dept. of Corrections in Omaha. The Dept. of Corrections is headquartered in Lincoln, the capitol of Nebraska. There are DoC correctional facilities north of Omaha, near the Omaha airport. That would be quite a daily commute from their home in Lincoln. Yet it was also Tyler who stopped at Costco to pick up the pizza for dinner. The Lincoln Costco is 3 miles SOUTH of their Lincoln home on Jade Ct.

When my kids were young, our marriage partnership always had the spouse who got home first, responsible for dinner. Now that our kids are married adults with children, they do the same thing. <modsnip>

JMO

“We’ve all listened to enough Datelines. And so they could do anything that they needed to -- to figure out where he was, what happened, all of that. And I knew one of the first things they needed to do was rule me out. They were all over the place, and I wouldn’t change any of that.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Links available in this thread used as references in my post include this Dateline link that I just viewed again:

At time stamp :22

the picture of Tyler -I’ve been distracted by his wearing the Goodlife Halfsy shirt and that his smile didn’t light up his eyes as in other pictures that I didn’t notice the difference in his face from the picture of him holding the baby goat

time stamp 1:34

imo

The police have already cleared the husband as a suspect.
I agree, I should have worded that differently. I can't go back to delete so I self reported my post.

Regarding the husband:
“There’s a lot of emotions and -- that are driving a lot of what was happening in that first 96 hours. I will tell you, once we were able to work through that situation and talk with Marshall and his attorney, we have had nothing but cooperation,” Investigator Schwarz said. “And that has not changed at all.”

This phrasing by Schwarz is a bit tricky. It implies that the husband was NOT cooperating previously. But is that actually true? The husband said he has no problem with giving police access to anything they needed to search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back