NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

While the episode is shorter than 10 minutes and she only speaks about the Goodrich case briefly, most of the key details were wrong.

She also said that Goodrich had put his two sons to bed the night of Nov. 3 before leaving the house. The Lancaster County Sheriff's Office had previously told the Journal Star only one son was home when Goodrich left the house after a dispute with his husband.
Aren’t the sons teenagers?
I’m puzzled how you’d “put” teens to bed?
Babies, young children yes but teenagers, not in my world

Definitely a strange thing to say about teenagers. I also found it strange that he said he hadn't joined any of the searches because he was looking after the sons. Surely sons of that age would want to help with any searches.
I'm just going off what my children would do at that age.

Definitely a strange thing to say about teenagers. I also found it strange that he said he hadn't joined any of the searches because he was looking after the sons. Surely sons of that age would want to help with any searches.
I'm just going off what my children would do at that age.
Word salad ... those extra details added for good measure, when you're not telling the whole truth - but want to look good.

Some people do sit with their preteens/teens for a bit, talking a little before they go to sleep, at least sometimes. I don't know how common it is, but I've read in online parenting groups that sometimes they will open up about their thoughts and feelings at this time.

Teens can be “put” to bed. It’s reminding them to set alarms and verifying that all electronic devices are out of the bedroom instead of lullabies and tuck-ins, for example. And many parents have a routine of checking in with their older kids at bedtime, out of earshot of other siblings. Speaking generally, older adoptees may especially benefit from a solid evening routine.

those of you discussing the 911 call seem to be forgetting that LE commented on it and said it sounded like a "discussion" more than an argument. which makes things even MORE confusing!!! if anyone needs me to find the link i can try, but LE has said this multiple times in MSM and it's been linked in thread

Teens can be “put” to bed. It’s reminding them to set alarms and verifying that all electronic devices are out of the bedroom instead of lullabies and tuck-ins, for example. And many parents have a routine of checking in with their older kids at bedtime, out of earshot of other siblings. Speaking generally, older adoptees may especially benefit from a solid evening routine.
You are right, but sometimes there might be other priorities for once; so it sounds like an excuse, when he says, he had to put his children to bed. IMO

Interesting. They see some signs of deception, though qualify that by saying it could be he doesn't want to reveal things that aren't helpful. They all infer that, based on evidence, there was a violent altercation between the men that night. They said, you don't call 911 for an argument. They think the video of Tyler shows him limping, so there was some physical altercation. Thought it was odd that he mentioned that Tyler ran out into the rough from the basement.

They note he doesn't show grief or concern for Tyler, only for the impact on his family. Crying didn't have tears. Didn't see a facial expression that expressed guilt. Thought it somewhat unusual that he didn't look into the camera when appealing to Tyler to come home. Also unusual that he told Tyler to "call your dad", not to call him and that he didn't participate or express a desire to participate in the search for Tyler. Normally, loved ones want to do that and, if applicable, have to be told they can't.

There could be rational explanations for the things they note, but if they were LE, they would be asking a lot more questions.
"They all infer based on evidence that there was a violent altercation between the men that night" - what evidence? And some people do call 911 for "an argument" if you believe that one or both people or others may be harmed. And he wasn't crying? That's the only way someone can show grief? I don't agree.
There are a lot of assumptions being made by that youtube panel. I'm wary of generalizations and there are many of those as well. I'm also confident that LE has been asking "a lot more questions". And if there was physical or electronic evidence in the home or in/on a vehicle that the husband committed a crime, LE would have found it. Just moo.

Highlights:
- LE confirms that they received an anonymous, handwritten letter via CrimeStoppers related to this case around the end of 2023
- The letter did not provide additional information but would like the person who sent it to contact them
- No active searches in recent weeks, no plans for more

Highlights:
- LE confirms that they received an anonymous, handwritten letter via CrimeStoppers related to this case around the end of 2023
- The letter did not provide additional information but would like the person who sent it to contact them
- No active searches in recent weeks, no plans for more
Fascinating to hear about this anonymous letter. I'm thinking it's from either:

-A casual acquaintance of Tyler's who suggested a location/people he's visited when he's felt low in the past, probably only tangentially related at this point in the investigation
Or
-A crazed commenter from Facebook with an uninformed opinion.

The Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday that it received an anonymous handwritten letter related to the case.

“My hope is that is does brings something forward for us in order to hopefully find Tyler,” Meyer said.

“This is the first time anything somehow substantial has happened, so it’s hard to not get a little excited, hoping that maybe this is finally it,” Barth said.

The Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office announced Wednesday that it received an anonymous handwritten letter related to the case.

“My hope is that is does brings something forward for us in order to hopefully find Tyler,” Meyer said.

“This is the first time anything somehow substantial has happened, so it’s hard to not get a little excited, hoping that maybe this is finally it,” Barth said.

It makes me think a couple of things:

1. There's evidence or details, etc. about the events surrounding Tyler's disappearance that LE hasn't released to the public
2. The person who wrote the anonymous letter to Crime Stoppers provided relevant information that isn't known to the public, so LE believes they may know more.

If the letter writer could share information about where to find Tyler if he was deceased, why wouldn't they just contact LE directly? Not trying to sleuth them, but am trying to figure out what kind of info they might have and a possible reason for keeping their identity protected.

And why now, almost 3 months after he went missing? I'd think a person with any info would have come forth before this. I wonder why their delay in doing so?

At this link from above, they state LE received the letter at the end of last year. They're just now making it public.

At this link from above, they state LE received the letter at the end of last year. They're just now making it public.

Feel it can't be that promising if they've waited till now to appeal to the public about it.... Unless it was a code the police were sending to someone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back