NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would bet that the letter was written by someone that works with Tyler.

Someone in a law enforcement or the correctional system (coworker?) who is worried about speaking directly to police, especially if they know ‘too much.’

It's a possibility, among others. I don't feel comfortable trying to seek out their identity, though. If they wish to remain anonymous, that's ok. JMO

The Let's Find Tyler Goodrich Facebook group has more than 23,000 members. Log into Facebook

This tip is different from the other tips received by the Sheriff's Office because of the nature in which it was received. Since the letter originally came through Crime Stoppers, the Sheriff's Office does not have a return address for the tipster.

When tips are provided through the website, law enforcement can sometimes contact the tipster, Vik said. But tipsters can remain anonymous via the Crime Stoppers website.

Tyler was quite an athlete, a competitive, long distance runner. I doubt he was doing much, if any, drugs. People who are maintaining that level of fitness are very in tune with their body and don't like to smoke or use drugs. It can really work against you and the effects are pretty noticeable, e.g. even taking over the counter cold medicine. JMO

ETA: It would not be the first case we've followed here where persons unknown use social media to make false accusations against someone who is no longer around to defend themselves. JMO
I suggested that the letter writer wanted to remain anonymous because they may want to protect themselves from self-incrimination.
Whatever knowledge they shared of Tyler would be up for public scrutiny and lambasting on social media. That would automatically make anyone think twice before submitting info, even if it was innocuous.

I agree that false accusations are awful and dangerous and I'm glad we have different standards here.

I suggested that the letter writer wanted to remain anonymous because they may want to protect themselves from self-incrimination.
RSBM

True, but I'm going to add another potential reason... I'm sure I don't have to tell any of you how many innocent people, friends, family, workmates, neighbors, etc. of a missing or murdered person/people... that some armchair detectives have totally roasted and have had death threats against them and their families (I'm NOT talking about WS'ers. Thankfully WS has guardrails in place to prevent this sort of thing. :)).

So, if it was me, and I knew something AND I was innocent, I would NOT want my name out there for some crazy people to decide I was guilty, just because I came forward with some info that I either knew, figured out, or was told. I'm a better safe than sorry kind of person. :)

All MOO

Tyler's family could ask the FBI to get involved. Hopefully someone is studying the paper, ink, handwriting, etc, on this anonymous letter.

I have a silly question. Does Crimestoppers have their own physical address or mailing address? Because their address posted online is the same building as the Lincoln Police Department at 575 S 10th St, Lincoln, NE 68508.

Tyler's family could ask the FBI to get involved. Hopefully someone is studying the paper, ink, handwriting, etc, on this anonymous letter.

I have a silly question. Does Crimestoppers have their own physical address or mailing address? Because their address posted online is the same building as the Lincoln Police Department at 575 S 10th St, Lincoln, NE 68508.
Great question!
Here is what I found:

Law Enforcement​

Local law enforcement agencies receive and process the anonymous tips received through Crime Stoppers, and solve the crimes. If the information leads to an arrest, the caller will be paid up to $1,000.00 for their information.

From what I can tell that's CS's address in Lincoln, NE (as you stated). Goog'ing for: Crime stoppers nebraska locations gets hit for other places (Omaha, Fremont, Beatrice, Lincoln, etc.). I think it's just a coincidence that it's in the same building as LE. I'd like to think they keep things confidential as they state.

Also:

The Lincoln/Lancaster County Crime Stoppers is a 501C3 organization run by a civilian board to assist citizens in getting crime tips anonymously to officers to help protect tipsters. The program receives NO federal, state or local funding. It exists solely on fundraising through private donations.

If you have information on one of these cases, contact Lincoln Police at (402) 441-6000 to speak with an officer,

OR

Report your information anonymously to Lincoln/Lancaster County Crime Stoppers. Reporting to the Lincoln/Lancaster County Crime Stoppers is the only way to remain anonymous and/or be eligible for up to $1,000 in rewards.

To make your report to Lincoln/Lancaster County Crime Stoppers choose any one of three methods:

• Call to speak with a Crime Stoppers call-taker at (402) 475-3600 or **TIPS
  • Leave an online tip by clicking the link on the post or click HERE to give them a general tip about something not posted on the site.
  • Download the App to report tips to Lincoln/Lancaster County Crime Stoppers HERE!

Since I couldn't find where they actually stated they were confidential on a few of their pages (Lincoln and CS USA) I Goog'ed for it. It might have been on their websites but they don't have a search feature, and the few pages I looked at (FAQs for one) didn't have that stated. I also didn't spend a whole lot of time on it.

I found this interesting (Info for NM, likely all CS in the US do the same. Just a guess as it seems like they all SHOULD):

For years, we’ve told you Crime Stoppers is anonymous and we’ve urged you to provide tips to help solve crimes. In March of 2017, grandmother Josie Lindsay was shot and killed in High Point. High Point Police urged anyone to call Crime Stoppers with tips. At News 2, we wanted to help, by setting up a phone bank at our station to help receive tips. However, the High Point Crime Stoppers told us no. Not because they didn’t want to, but because they couldn’t. Our phones lines simply are not secure enough.

So, that got us wondering how Crime Stoppers keeps information secure

To keep within the 10% TOS on WS I can't paste the whole article. Click here to find out how CS keeps that info private/secure:

Has the note been made public? I didn't read anywhere that the letter mentions fear of MV?

Here is the extent of what’s known of the letter as far as I know:

The last several pages of thread, including my post, is speculation as to why the letter may have been anonymous.

Imo

Tyler Goodrich's husband says lack of leads has been ‘disheartening’

My guess is they had a conversation about divorce that night and that set the events that followed in motion.

The article really makes me feel for MV and their children.
BBM. Perhaps TG reached out to one of the Dept. of Corrections psychologists to ask how to best handle the discussion about divorce with their two adopted children? That person may have written the letter to LE.

JMO

“Just because our relationship was ending never meant that Tyler wasn’t going to be a part of my life forever,” Vogel said.

The speculation online concerns him, especially after he read comments from strangers saying they would go to his house and follow him.

“When I read that, I was terrified because the boys were driving my car to school that day,” Vogel said.

The Let's Find Tyler Goodrich Facebook group has more than 23,000 members. Log into Facebook

This tip is different from the other tips received by the Sheriff's Office because of the nature in which it was received. Since the letter originally came through Crime Stoppers, the Sheriff's Office does not have a return address for the tipster.

When tips are provided through the website, law enforcement can sometimes contact the tipster, Vik said. But tipsters can remain anonymous via the Crime Stoppers website.

From your link to the Lets Find Tyler Goodrich family Facebook the post from 3 days ago says the letter was sent by anonymous on or around 12/21/23.

12/21/23 is the date of Tyler’ siblings interview:

”Somebody knows something” Felisha said.

The family Facebook posts go on to say that the news doesn’t make clear that anonymous can stay anonymous through Crime Stoppers.

imo

From your link to the Lets Find Tyler Goodrich family Facebook the post from 3 days ago says the letter was sent by anonymous on or around 12/21/23.

12/21/23 is the date of Tyler’ siblings interview:

”Somebody knows something” Felisha said.

The family Facebook posts go on to say that the news doesn’t make clear that anonymous can stay anonymous through Crime Stoppers.

imo
Was MV interview not on the 20th too?

Was MV interview not on the 20th too?

Yes.

MV though doesn’t emote that someone knows something which is a prominent feature of the siblings interview.

Vogel had a message for his husband “…And just call your dad.”

All imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7