NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think I can ever recall a case where a possibly deceased missing person was not the victim.
RSBM Very interesting.

Personal anecdote:
Each time I called the police to report DV at my neighbor's house, I watched the abuser immediately leave so they wouldn't have to answer/talk to the police. It was temporary, however. Evading the police wasn't always successful.

The link below has an entire webpage dedicated to:
"When your partner threatens suicide". It's sad that so many DV victims have to deal with this.

Also wanted to mention that if your partner/spouse threatens suicide, it is considered emotional abuse. An abuser can threaten to kill themselves to manipulate their victim to succumb to their demands, often because the victim wants to leave but the abuser wants them to stay. In these cases it would be appropriate to call 911.

Will they ever publish the 911 tape? The proof would be recorded.

Betty P,
Please post links to back up what you are stating as fact ok?
Thank you,
Tricia
Sure, no problem. Sorry for the delay, so busy.

This article discusses the 911 call in which an argument was reported, but the conversation heard was normal. Emphasis mine.

“A 911 call was placed by Marshall Vogel to the Lincoln Police Department,” he said. “And referenced an argument between he and his spouse, Tyler.” The call was received at 7:47 p.m. on the evening of November 3, 2023. “We dispatched two patrol deputies to the residence to take a report of a domestic disturbance between Tyler and Marshall,” the investigator detailed. “And as a result of that, those deputies made contact with Marshall.”

Investigator Schwarz told Dateline that they have a recording that Marshall had taken of the argument that night. “It’s an audio recording of an argument, or I would more describe it as a conversation between Tyler and Marshall,” Schwarz said. That audio has not been publicly released.

“When deputies arrived, Tyler was not present at the residence, and the deputies attempted to locate Tyler in and around the property,” Investigator Schwarz said. The two deputies left about half an hour later.

RSBM Very interesting.

Personal anecdote:
Each time I called the police to report DV at my neighbor's house, I watched the abuser immediately leave so they wouldn't have to answer/talk to the police. It was temporary, however. Evading the police wasn't always successful.

The link below has an entire webpage dedicated to:
"When your partner threatens suicide". It's sad that so many DV victims have to deal with this.

Will they ever publish the 911 tape? The proof would be recorded.
According to the link in my post above, the only recording of what the partner alleged was an argument came from a recording that the partner gave to LE. I'm assuming there was no evidence of any argument on the 911 call and that the partner provided LE with a recording. That's the way I read it.

I had to go back and read all the articles on this case a couple weeks ago and this part reminded me why this disappearance struck me as odd from the start. Then you add in the other unusual factors and it seems "hinky". Not saying it is, but JMO, a lot more questions need to be answered.

Last edited:
Sure, no problem. Sorry for the delay, so busy.

This article discusses the 911 call in which an argument was reported, but the conversation heard was normal. Emphasis mine.

Interesting that the investigator describes the recorded argument as a conversation.

That Tyler made a call just prior to leaving (or as he was leaving) and hasn’t been seen since makes me think he arranged a pick up. Perhaps the tiff between him and the husband was affair related? The theory could also support the husband alluding to their relationship being over in that one interview he did. And if true, it’s possibly being kept from the public in an effort to protect the kids should Tyler eventually decide to come back around.

/jmo

And on that note, are they allowed to adopt children?

In both situations - new job and adoption - Yes, its very likely this information was checked. Its not difficult to access and would be required for both situations.

JMO, the most likely trigger to events of that night was the discussion of ending their marriage. All of the bad feelings came out of that. It was probably the reason the partner was recording his conversation with Tyler. JMO

That Tyler made a call just prior to leaving (or as he was leaving) and hasn’t been seen since makes me think he arranged a pick up. Perhaps the tiff between him and the husband was affair related? The theory could also support the husband alluding to their relationship being over in that one interview he did. And if true, it’s possibly being kept from the public in an effort to protect the kids should Tyler eventually decide to come back around.

/jmo

This is one of my theories. The dog following a scent trail out back and across to the adjacent street, where it ended. Sound like Tyler meeting someone who was picking him up.

However, his family seems genuinely distressed and upset. Since Tyler's partner didn't follow up to report him missing until the next day, its possible something happened before that second report.

/jmo

BBM

Do you have a MSM link that includes "Tyler made a call" so it can be discussed?

imo

BBM

Do you have a MSM link that includes "Tyler made a call" so it can be discussed?

imo
I have to leave for a while, so will get it for you later. You can do a search in these threads and find it, it was discussed quite a few times, early in the investigation. Pretty sure it came from LE searching Tyler's phone and reporting a few of his last texts and calls. One was a confirmation of an event he was speaking at in the near future.

Thought I don't have a lot of time, it looks like we'll need to start a detailed timeline for this case so we don't get hung up going back and frequently re-posting links to case facts.

As always, its helpful for those coming new into a case to read a few pages and familiarize themselves with the details.

I have to leave for a while, so will get it for you later. You can do a search in these threads and find it, it was discussed quite a few times, early in the investigation. Pretty sure it came from LE searching Tyler's phone and reporting a few of his last texts and calls. One was a confirmation of an event he was speaking at in the near future.

Thought I don't have a lot of time, it looks like we'll need to start a detailed timeline for this case so we don't get hung up going back and frequently re-posting links to case facts.

As always, its helpful for those coming new into a case to read a few pages and familiarize themselves with the details.

I've been reading and posting on this case from the beginning.

There is no reason for you to take this on or give me advice I was speaking to the poster I quoted.

I had a thought about his making arrangements but wanted to make sure I could be on that topic.

There are msm detailed timelines which I did look through and I searched other articles I just couldn't access that newspaper.

I see where you mentioned the call and text on a WS post referring to an article but the article is in the Lincoln Journal Star which I can't access; its subscription only for me.

all imo

Interesting that the investigator describes the recorded argument as a conversation.
Right? I agree.
If it was a calm conversation, why would Tyler suddenly ran away that night?
If it was a calm conversation, why would the police need to look for Tyler at all?
And if it was a calm conversation, wouldn't the husband be charged with making a false report once the police arrived? A waste of police resources is no joke.

I have been looking for updates in msm... Did we ever find out if Tyler's shorts have a drawstring?

Was Tyler under the influence of a substance when he arrived home that evening? Or recently had a prescription change, or missed doses of a regular medication he takes?

Right? I agree.
If it was a calm conversation, why would Tyler suddenly ran away that night?
If it was a calm conversation, why would the police need to look for Tyler at all?
And if it was a calm conversation, wouldn't the husband be charged with making a false report once the police arrived? A waste of police resources is no joke.
Case Number 22190 KINGSWOOD
Reported11-03-2023 (Friday) 1947
Incident Code:( 99999 ) DISTURBANCE

Sheriff's Incident: C3008326​

GENERAL INFORMATION
PERSONS INVOLVED
ASSOCIATED PROPERTY
Reported: 11-03-2023( 99999 ) DISTURBANCE
Location: 001111 W BURNHAM ST LINCOLN NCase Status: ZU NO OFFENSE/UNFOUNDED/FALSE REPORT
Occurred: 1930 11-03-2023 to 1945 11-03-2023LCode: 051 , RD: LANC
Other Reports:
Related Cases:
Domestic: YDCFS? NWeapon?Veh Towed? NO
Alc/Drgs?ProtOrder?Reason:
Employee Reporting: JONATHAN KINGSWOODEntered By: HANSEN
Contact​
Name​
Race/Sex/DOB​
Interviewed :VOGEL, MARSHALL L
Other :GOODRICH, TYLER S
There is no property associated with this case.

The incident report notes the status as No offense/Unfounded/False Report

Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena