NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did the DoC know about Tyler? Are people with DV charges allowed to supervise and control incarcerated people?

I don't know anything about DoC standards.
Was this why Tyler fled, because another charge would get him fired?

TG wasn’t a correctional officer but a charge or even the thought of a LE response considering his employment and goals would be very upsetting to TG, imo.
Since 2015, the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS), the Division of Parole Supervision (Parole) and the Administrative Office of the Courts and Probation (Probation) have partnered with community providers to facilitate a variety of reentry services to more than 9,400 individuals through the Vocational and Life Skills (VLS) program.

For questions about the application process, contact Tyler Goodrich at 531-207-3009 or tyler.goodrich@nebraska.gov.

Imo

I've been reading and posting on this case from the beginning.

There is no reason for you to take this on or give me advice I was speaking to the poster I quoted.

I had a thought about his making arrangements but wanted to make sure I could be on that topic.

There are msm detailed timelines which I did look through and I searched other articles I just couldn't access that newspaper.

I see where you mentioned the call and text on a WS post referring to an article but the article is in the Lincoln Journal Star which I can't access; its subscription only for me.

all imo
Seems like most news articles about Tyler are behind a paywall which is all sorts of horrible when it concerns a missing person IMO, but I digress.

I could’ve sworn I read it here a few months back but in trying to source a media article for it believe I may have confused the call Tyler made prior to their argument (of which there doesn’t appear to be definitive time for) that went unanswered with the time of his phone’s last ping. He also exchanged a text with a coworker. Much like the call that went unanswered it isn’t clear when this text message exchange occurred. (I’ll update this with a source for the call/txt shortly… looking for an approved source link that isn’t behind a paywall)

Per a Crime Stoppers video with Chief Deputy Ben Houchen dated 11/29/23:

5:38 p.m. Tyler arrives home for the night
7:35 - Tyler and his husband have an argument.
7:40 - the husband dials 911
A minute later at 7:41 Tyler is on video leaving.
This is also the time of his last phone ping.

The issue with this case is there are tons of discrepancies as far as the times go.

This NBC article for example has an investigator with the LCPD quoted as telling Dateline the husband’s 911 call came in at 7:47 p.m.
Dateline spoke with Investigator Jeremy Schwarz of the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office, who confirmed that authorities were called to Tyler and Marshall’s residence that evening to respond to a domestic disturbance. “A 911 call was placed by Marshall Vogel to the Lincoln Police Department,” he said. “And referenced an argument between he and his spouse, Tyler.” The call was received at 7:47 p.m. on the evening of November 3, 2023. “We dispatched two patrol deputies to the residence to take a report of a domestic disturbance between Tyler and Marshall,” the investigator detailed. “And as a result of that, those deputies made contact with Marshall.”

And then we have Chief Deputy Ben Houchen quoted in this KLKN (ABC) article as saying Tyler was last seen at home at 7:45 p.m.

A mess!

Right? I agree.
If it was a calm conversation, why would Tyler suddenly ran away that night?
If it was a calm conversation, why would the police need to look for Tyler at all?
And if it was a calm conversation, wouldn't the husband be charged with making a false report once the police arrived? A waste of police resources is no joke.
I think there's a lot more to this story than we know.

Would a post made by the husband on Facebook regarding their relationship be allowed here? It sheds some light on Tyler’s old DV case.
No.

IIRC, Tylers old DV case happened over 10 years ago. He and his former partner haven't been together that long, so I'm not sure I'd believe he had any inside knowledge about that. JMO

Also, if anyone has a subscription to Newspapers.com, the Lincoln Journal Star is available, even current issues.
I have a subscription so will try to share what I can.

Last edited:
Since we're just reviewing pieces of the case, I looked in the newspaper database at my library. This is from The Columbus Telegram (NE), January 22, 2024.
Lincoln Journal Star, ALEX VARGAS. "On popular podcast, Nancy Grace gets the facts wrong about Tyler Goodrich case."Columbus Telegram, The (NE) , sec. Crime Courts, 22 Jan. 2024.

What has been confirmed by officials is that deputies were called to the home by Goodrich's husband after a domestic disturbance. At about 7:45 p.m., Goodrich ran out of his home before deputies arrived. Goodrich's husband was the last person to see him.

The home was searched multiple times, and deputies on the night of the disturbance did not see any indications a crime had been committed, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Timeline: Here's what we know about Tyler Goodrich's disappearance

The next day, Nov. 4, Goodrich was reported missing. The last ping from Goodrich's cellphone was at 7:41 p.m. Nov. 3 at his home. There have been no other cellphone pings or transactions on his credit cards.

On Nov. 15, the Sheriff's Office released the last known footage of Goodrich running down his driveway. There have been no other developments since.

New information for the timeline. Argument started shortly after TG got home says MV:

[…]

On Nov. 3, 2023, Tyler Goodrich went to work at his job at the Nebraska Department of Corrections and stopped at Costco after work to pick up a pizza for family movie night with his husband Marshall Vogel and their two children.

But shortly after he got home, he and Vogel got into a heated argument, private investigator Eric Rezabek said.

This was documented by Marshall. They were planning on getting divorced and I think that is probably what escalated this argument to a whole other level this night,” Rezabek said.

[…]
Tyler Goodrich: Vanished after a fight with his husband

MV’s previous statements have made it sound like there was a pizza and movie night at TG’s request then the argument “happened” prompting MV’s call to LPD.

[…]
“We talked about what a perfect night would be. And so Tyler said, ‘A movie night with our kids and pizza and just hanging out.’ And so that’s what we did.”

>>>

Tyler at Costco, confirming what we already know was he was picking up pizza for his family.” That occurred at about 5:30 p.m. […]

“He immediately went home, […]

“We need closure.” Loved ones desperately searching for Tyler Goodrich, a Nebraska man who vanished in November 2023

all imo

TG wasn’t a correctional officer but a charge or even the thought of a LE response considering his employment and goals would be very upsetting to TG, imo.

Imo

Do you think he responded differently this time than he did prior to the 3 court cases for separate charges that occurred after he was already employed with the DOC? The assumption here is that his LinkedIn profile correctly notes his employment beginning in 2009.

Doesn't appear so.
View attachment 486782

Note: this is for foster care, not adoption (perhaps they're regulated the same?). I can't easily find rules for adoption in Nebraska. I would be amazed that they let someone even charged with domestic assault adopt a child. Anyone know whether the adoption happened after the 2014 domestic assault court case?

Do you think he responded differently this time than he did prior to the 3 court cases for separate charges that occurred after he was already employed with the DOC? The assumption here is that his LinkedIn profile correctly notes his employment beginning in 2009.
Good question. Was his previous partner ever interviewed?
With 2 DUIs and 1 DV charge already on his record, was Tyler worried a fourth charge would break the camel's back, employment-wise?

Imo,

Each subsequent LE event is going to increase the distress in the mind of a highly motivated individual.

MV called LE that evening for what was filed as “Unfounded” and LE said Tyler was “not in any trouble criminally whatsoever” that changes the dynamics in this incident perhaps.

A predictable response with strong emotions to a known provocation is easily used against a self-principled person.

I think making the call for what LE said was “no offence” and the recording of the “conversation” shows awareness of that weakness.

If you could supply MSM links with the circumstances of those charges [convictions?] we could form an opinion and discuss it further as described in the articles under WS TOS.

[...]
Chief Deputy Ben Houchin, with the Lancaster Sheriff’s Department, said they wanted it be clear Goodrich wasn’t facing any legal trouble.

“We just want everyone to know he’s not in any trouble criminally whatsoever for anything that has transpired,” Houchin said. “So if he is in hiding and thinking he’s in trouble, he can come out and not be. He also still has his job, we just want to make that clear.”

https://www.newsnationnow.com/missing/tyler-goodrich/#:~:text=Chief Deputy Ben Houchin, with,has transpired,” Houchin said.

Since 2015, the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS), the Division of Parole Supervision (Parole) and the Administrative Office of the Courts and Probation (Probation) have partnered with community providers to facilitate a variety of reentry services to more than 9,400 individuals through the Vocational and Life Skills (VLS) program.

For questions about the application process, contact Tyler Goodrich at 531-207-3009 or tyler.goodrich@nebraska.gov.

Thank you so much - absolutely helpful!

Source: Nebraska JUSTICE court case search system
Link to source: https://www.nebraska.gov/justicecc/ccname.cgi

Summary:
I searched Tyler's Goodrich's court cases in the state of Nebraska.
  • 2010 - DUI resulting in a sentencing of a fine, nine months of probation, alcohol/drug addiction class, victim impact class, and drug testing
  • 2014 - Third degree domestic assault involving physical harm and threats of physical harm to an intimate partner; dismissed due to the defendant electing to participate in a Community Corrects Diversion Program
  • 2015 - DUI resulting in a sentencing of a fine, two years of probation, revoked license for two years and 30 days of house arrest

If you could supply MSM links with the circumstances of those charges [convictions?] we could form an opinion and discuss it further as described in the articles under WS TOS.

See above for the information and below for the moderator's comment on how this abides by the rules.
If you paid for the records, you need to provide a link to the source and may briefly summarize in your own words the contents of the records. Do not quote or screenshot any portion of the records as that would be a copyright violation.

FYI, for anyone having a similar question, please use the report feature on any post to ask it. Hope that helps!

See above for the information and below for the moderator's comment on how this abides by the rules.

There’s not much to discuss there!

There’s nothing recent.

The Misdemeanor, Third Degree Assault, was dismissed due to TG having completed the program.

Nebraska Legislature

TG, by mention of his friends, did not drink so I think we can conclude that the penalties TG incurred taught him some lessons and he has been living, as reported by MSM, an active, socially involved responsible life. That’s the system working to bring a willing offender in line.

The reason I asked for MSM articles as there are details in reporting that reveal what is going on in situations and names named that might be relevant to their involvement comportment wise and their charges or convictions we could discuss.

all imo

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin, with the Lancaster Sheriff’s Department, said they wanted it be clear Goodrich wasn’t facing any legal trouble.

Even the Chief Deputy said there were no legal troubles Tyler was facing. Tyler was likely well aware of that. He had a career in the criminal justice system.

It's old news. It's interesting that discussion of it came up concurrent with the decision to end the marriage. It was followed by a call to report DV, yet LE found no evidence of it. No injuries, nothing.

My ex-husband assaulted me six years before I divorced him. He was never charged. But it was one of the primary reasons I divorced him. The above logic suggests taking that assault into account when deciding to finally leave was faulty reasoning.

"It happened a long time ago and he completed a program so it was dismissed". Abuse is abuse. It's relevant to the case. Tyler can be both a victim and an abuser. They are not mutually exclusive, nor do they cancel one another out.

I hope he is found.

My ex-husband assaulted me six years before I divorced him. He was never charged. But it was one of the primary reasons I divorced him. The above logic suggests taking that assault into account when deciding to finally leave was faulty reasoning.

"It happened a long time ago and he completed a program so it was dismissed". Abuse is abuse. It's relevant to the case. Tyler can be both a victim and an abuser. They are not mutually exclusive, nor do they cancel one another out.

I hope he is found.
The problem in this case is that there was no evidence of abuse. LE investigated, visited the home, interviewed the husband and the children, searched the home and listened to the recording that husband had, as well as the 911 call and found no evidence of arguing or physical violence.

There were no witnesses who came forward to support claims of DV.

I hope he is found.

The "nothing recent" and "dismissed" were summary of the information in the link not an opinion.

Most of us that post on WS have some sort of history that brings us here so please don’t assume that others experiences haven’t played out better than yours and diminish them.

Tyler Goodrich is regarded as a victim on WS as there are no current charges, no LE suspicion of his committing a crime, warrants or any other indication to say he is not a victim but instead a suspect.

Tyler is not here to defend himself, MV’s life off limits for posting on WS.

I’m aware that victim/offender overlap can occur and I agree that retaliatory violence is still violence.

Check out this picture of TG from the Dateline segment taken just before TG disappeared:

Look at TG’s nose 0:25 on full screen

Compare it to 4:28 or any of the other clear full face pictures of TG.

Looks like TG has untreated broken nose on Halloween, imo.

All imo

Check out this picture of TG from the Dateline segment taken just before TG disappeared:

Look at TG’s nose 0:25 on full screen

Compare it to 4:28 or any of the other clear full face pictures of TG.

Looks like TG has untreated broken nose on Halloween, imo.

All imo
I think it might be the photo because MV's nose looks broken, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back