NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Logically the simplest theory is that TG got in a vehicle where his scent stopped. The time frame wouldn’t matter if the dogs were able to get a scent which the family says they did. If the scent had stopped mid brush pile or in the barn maybe could guess it faded but for it to stop at the street is telling.

I did think the tip might be something like “my neighbor said he hit a deer and that’s how his truck got damaged but I haven’t seen a deer in this neighborhood in years and the carcass was not by the road the next morning on my way to work”.

IF as in some unusual cases on the hood or otherwise hung up he could have been transported some distance but the searchers seem to have covered any reasonable areas as they have our same thoughts.

Where the hit and hide theory becomes unlikely is the coincidence of someone from the small community having the mental wherewithal to make the immediate decision to transport a heavy dead man and then conceal the body somewhere with no one noticing or finding him, imo.

The person hit would have to be obviously dead for the driver to collect the body and dispose. Otherwise if they hit him because he ran out in the road in dark clothes and didn’t seek help when he was still alive they murdered Tyler.

The majority of people are normal and would be horrified and call for help for the hit person, imo. A total drunk would just take off in a panic, imo.

Unless… someone went looking for TG and hit him on purpose therefore were prepared to deal with the result of their action.

all imo

Running away seemed like an impulsive decision, I don't think Tyler had an exact plan for where to go when he left. He was on foot, and I wonder if he ran all the way to the road and realized he wouldn't get very far without a ride. I wonder if he then doubled back to their property and he is still hidden somewhere.
Hope they find him safely. Any searches organized now that it's slightly warmer outside?

Did anyone pay for court records on Tyler <modsnip: encourages the sleuthing of family members>?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone pay for court records on Tyler <modsnip: encourages the sleuthing of family members ?
I did get TG records. I inquired as to whether they could be shared here (they are technically public records), but never got an official response so have not shared them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get TG records. I inquired as to whether they could be shared here (they are technically public records), but never got an official response so have not shared them.
If you paid for the records, you need to provide a link to the source and may briefly summarize in your own words the contents of the records. Do not quote or screenshot any portion of the records as that would be a copyright violation.

FYI, for anyone having a similar question, please use the report feature on any post to ask it. Hope that helps!

If you paid for the records, you need to provide a link to the source and may briefly summarize in your own words the contents of the records. Do not quote or screenshot any portion of the records as that would be a copyright violation.

FYI, for anyone having a similar question, please use the report feature on any post to ask it. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much - absolutely helpful!

Source: Nebraska JUSTICE court case search system
Link to source: https://www.nebraska.gov/justicecc/ccname.cgi

Summary:
I searched Tyler's Goodrich's court cases in the state of Nebraska.
  • 2010 - DUI resulting in a sentencing of a fine, nine months of probation, alcohol/drug addiction class, victim impact class, and drug testing
  • 2014 - Third degree domestic assault involving physical harm and threats of physical harm to an intimate partner; dismissed due to the defendant electing to participate in a Community Corrects Diversion Program
  • 2015 - DUI resulting in a sentencing of a fine, two years of probation, revoked license for two years and 30 days of house arrest

Summary:
  • 2010 - DUI resulting in a sentencing of a fine, nine months of probation, alcohol/drug addiction class, victim impact class, and drug testing
  • 2014 - Third degree domestic assault involving physical harm and threats of physical harm to an intimate partner; dismissed due to the defendant electing to participate in a Community Corrects Diversion Program
  • 2015 - DUI resulting in a sentencing of a fine, two years of probation, revoked license for two years and 30 days of house arrest

It's $15 per search and you get charged even if your search reveals nothing. Sounds like Nebraska doesn't want the general public looking into public records.

Many of us have followed a lot of DV cases here at WS (it's unknown if that's the case here). Most cases of a missing partner involved in a relationship with a history of DV, it's usually the victim who is missing.

I don't think I can ever recall a case where a possibly deceased missing person was not the victim.

It's $15 per search and you get charged even if your search reveals nothing. Sounds like Nebraska doesn't want the general public looking into public records.

Many of us have followed a lot of DV cases here at WS (it's unknown if that's the case here). Most cases of a missing partner involved in a relationship with a history of DV, it's usually the victim who is missing.

I don't think I can ever recall a case where a possibly deceased missing person was not the victim.

Granted they did not go missing first, but I have known people who were either emotionally or physically abusive to their spouse /partner who self harmed as an escalation of the abuse. It was one of the ultimate ways to hurt somebody and control/destroy the family unit. So I don't rule it out as a possibility even though it's out of the norm of what we usually see for missing persons.

Summary:
It's sad to see the charges/struggles that Tyler faced. Was he working for the Department of Corrections during these charges?

200 lb guy with a pick up truck... or 2 guys.... could be done
there are people who pick up trash, load hand trucks, deliver packages all day...
they have arm muscles IMO
There was a case where a woman hit a homeless man and she drove home with him stuck in her windshield. He lived for 2 or 3 days in her garage, lodged in the windshield . His name was Gregory Biggs.

Granted they did not go missing first, but I have known people who were either emotionally or physically abusive to their spouse /partner who self harmed as an escalation of the abuse. It was one of the ultimate ways to hurt somebody and control/destroy the family unit. So I don't rule it out as a possibility even though it's out of the norm of what we usually see for missing persons.
I’ve never heard of anything like that. Sounds very rare.

It’s also important to note in this case that, though his partner claimed to 911 that they were having an argument, the officer said he didn’t hear one. They were speaking in a normal tone of voice.

This is also the only case I’ve ever heard of where someone called 911 to report a fight that hadn’t happened. That tells me it’s possible one person was trying to goad the other person into losing their temper, trying to make them look bad while on the phone with 911.

But Tyler didn’t lose his temper, but took off for a run to get away from the person who was causing problems, the one who made the call to 911 with a dubious claim of a fight that hadn’t happened.

The police arrive and there’s no evidence of a fight, just a missing man.

Tyler’s offenses took place many years ago. The only DV charge took place 10 years ago and the DUI 9 yrs ago. Wasn’t that before he met his most recent partner? Given his current partner called before an argument even took place, it seems unlikely there had been any recent violent events that were unreported.
JMO

There are a lot of assumptions being made. What was said on the 911 call has not been disclosed. What was said or done prior to the 911 call has not been disclosed (threat, argument, altercation, all of the above, or none?). It is not officially known if Tyler "went for a run" (though his family disputes this on the official FB page), ran because the police were coming, or ran because he was frightened (or something else altogether).

It's a bit of a slippery slope to cite anecdotal data as evidence to support something only happening rarely. Maybe I'm a poor judge of character, but I've had both intimate partnerships and platonic friendships where people have acted as @Yemelyan describes.

There are certainly still many unanswered questions about what happened that night.

Thanks for sharing the arrest history. It's important to remember this is just what's on paper and is only one person's history. We can't sleuth or look into anyone else's. I feel there is so much more depth than we will ever uncover here. People are complex, they're rarely ever ALL good or ALL bad. Hope Tyler is found soon, whatever the outcome

MOO

It’s also important to note in this case that, though his partner claimed to 911 that they were having an argument, the officer said he didn’t hear one. They were speaking in a normal tone of voice.

This is also the only case I’ve ever heard of where someone called 911 to report a fight that hadn’t happened. That tells me it’s possible one person was trying to goad the other person into losing their temper, trying to make them look bad while on the phone with 911.

But Tyler didn’t lose his temper, but took off for a run to get away from the person who was causing problems, the one who made the call to 911 with a dubious claim of a fight that hadn’t happened.

The police arrive and there’s no evidence of a fight, just a missing man.

Tyler’s offenses took place many years ago. The only DV charge took place 10 years ago and the DUI 9 yrs ago. Wasn’t that before he met his most recent partner? Given his current partner called before an argument even took place, it seems unlikely there had been any recent violent events that were unreported.
JMO
Betty P,
Please post links to back up what you are stating as fact ok?
Thank you,
Tricia

It's a possibility that is rare like family annihilators are rare, but people who follow crime are aware of that as a possibility when they read about a situation where a whole family goes missing or the whole family is murdered, right? Family annihilation is actually related to this (see below).

Here's an article written for health providers that talks about suicidality of the abusive partner: September 2019 - Suicidality and Domestic Violence: Six Things DV Providers Need to Know

This article explains how abusers use suicidal threats to control the partner and in section 3, lays out a strong argument for why the threats should be taken very seriously: "It would be incorrect for a provider to assume that simply because a suicide threat comes from an abuser, that the threat itself is not credible." One of the dangerous outcomes, certainly, is familicide; but the other is actual self harm or at least the intent to do it.

Here's another article from the American Psychological Association: Suicide and intimate partner violence

"For example, people working in the intimate partner violence field may minimize suicide threats made by perpetrators of violence as simply attempts to manipulate partners. Such threats, however, indicate a genuine risk of harm to both perpetrators and their victims."

If it's possible that patterns of DV were present in Tyler's current relationship (which we can speculate due to past legal issues), it's also possible that the surviving partner realizes that they (including kids) came very close to being harmed. I think this accounts for the partner's actions and demeanor since the disappearance, but that's my opinion only.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena
Back