NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some interesting details so far...
  • Argument was recorded on cell phone. Recording ended when the 911 call was placed.
  • Argument recording is not unusual in domestic situations.
  • LE is nearly certain the person leaving the home in the Blink video is TG.
  • Deputies captured on surveillance camera searching the property on the night of the 911 call, and the next morning after the missing person call.

If TG ran out of the house and *into the backyard*, then the husband might not have considered him to have really "left" the situation.

So if the husband felt that situation merited calling 911 (TG a threat to either the husband or to himself?), he went ahead and called, perhaps expecting TG to either return to the house, or to hunker down in the barn or other outbuilding where the police could interact with him.

All MOO

Interesting detail about recording an argument not being unusual. Personally, I've never done that and unless there were domestic violence or child custody/concern issues - I would consider it an odd thing to do. Maybe this is an indicator of how the relationship was doing at the time Tyler disappeared. Maybe this wasn't the first time an argument was recorded, but it was a first for calling 911. Maybe someone was getting ready to take legal action and wanted recordings to back that up.

Tyler worked in the correctional system, and my thoughts go back to the Sheriff saying Tyler "wasn't in trouble and still had a job". Put this together with the statement made by his sister, the seeming lack of unity between the husband and Tyler's family ... maybe Tyler had been pushed to the edge of what he could tolerate and his family knows this.

This case is somewhat baffling. I mean, where is he - and what happened to him? I sure hope he turns up soon, I can't imagine that he is hunkered down somewhere ... for this long ... causing so much pain and worry to his loved ones, especially his children. Where are you Tyler? And who knows something? Moo

Interesting detail about recording an argument not being unusual. Personally, I've never done that and unless there were domestic violence or child custody/concern issues - I would consider it an odd thing to do. Maybe this is an indicator of how the relationship was doing at the time Tyler disappeared. Maybe this wasn't the first time an argument was recorded, but it was a first for calling 911. Maybe someone was getting ready to take legal action and wanted recordings to back that up.
My thoughts exactly.

Tyler worked in the correctional system, and my thoughts go back to the Sheriff saying Tyler "wasn't in trouble and still had a job". Put this together with the statement made by his sister, the seeming lack of unity between the husband and Tyler's family ... maybe Tyler had been pushed to the edge of what he could tolerate and his family knows this.
BBM. I think this is very possible. His family may not have known it then but from the recent silence around this case, it is very possible they know it now.

JMO

I wonder ... we know Tyler and his husband share children ... if there was trouble in their relationship it might be that custody of the children was going to be an issue and maybe that's why the argument was being recorded? Just my thoughts and MOO.

If I'm being honest, I have had thoughts about recording an argument with my significant other. It's usually so I could have had some proof that she had said something to me that is germane to the overall larger argument. It's ALWAYS after the fact where I think, "Damn, I should have recorded that conversation!" but I have never actually ever recorded one. Don't think I'd even know how to do that on my phone if I wanted to. I have never thought before we actually argued about getting my phone ready so I can record an upcoming argument. I don't really plan them out like that. JMO

If I'm being honest, I have had thoughts about recording an argument with my significant other. It's usually so I could have had some proof that she had said something to me that is germane to the overall larger argument. It's ALWAYS after the fact where I think, "Damn, I should have recorded that conversation!" but I have never actually ever recorded one. Don't think I'd even know how to do that on my phone if I wanted to. I have never thought before we actually argued about getting my phone ready so I can record an upcoming argument. I don't really plan them out like that. JMO
IMO - the average person wouldn't do this unless, as I stated - there was a reason to do. And as you point out, it's an intentional thought process to be prepared in advance.

Have no idea if I'm right or not in this case. Simply throwing some ideas out there, based on observations from a 30,000 foot point of view.

Last edited:
I wonder what transpired in the home between 5:38pm and 7:35pm. Was there an ongoing disagreement during this time that escalated to the argument and it became confrontational @ 7:35pm which prompted the 911 call @ 7:40pm. If the argument didn't start until 7:35pm...it escalated quickly - and within 5 minutes MV called 911.
Could there have been an argument about Tyler's partner leaving and taking the kids with him?
Just a thought...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back