NE NE - Vanderlei, Jaqueline, Chris (fnd dec'd) Szczepanik, 7, Omaha, 14 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read the story to mean that one of the workers asked Vanderlei if there was going to be work during the holidays and he said "no".

I too wonder if there were workers going unpaid.

http://tinyurl.com/yhwg88j

Another translated article from Brazil. This article discusses some theories the Brazilians have. Not sure what the reference to "Fantastic" is but the word is bolded. One translation for Fantastico in Portuguese is "ludicrously odd".

The article indicates that Jaqueline felt nostalgic for Brazil. Also they quote an American architect who says that an employee felt "envious", whatever that is supposed to mean and that they may have gone into hiding to avoid that person.

Interesting about the construction project. I remember reading that Chris Szczepanik had not cashed the last 2 or 3 checks that the church had sent him The church was having bad financial problems it seems. If that's true, I wonder if he ever payed the crew who was working on the project for the last 2 or 3 weeks they worked for him ?

Also interesting is the other $1000 cheque, independent of the Florida-based church, that also went uncashed from early December. If the workers were going unpaid, you would think Vanderlei would be cashing everything in site to pay his crew.

from http://www.omaha.com/article/20100131/NEWS01/701319914/0/FRONTPAGE

The Rev. Bill Bond, a Catholic priest who lives in a rectory and is pastor at St. Joseph Catholic Church, both next to the high school, knew the family to be organized, punctual and friendly.

The priest said Szczepanik never cashed a $1,000 check that he wrote to him in early December for the rental of a parking lot. Solano-Costa said three checks from the Florida church were found as well, also uncashed

Something i've pondered in relation to the 2 vehicles being found in separate locations but not that far from the residence, is that Jacqueline's plan was to pick Chris up after school. We haven't heard if she in fact did this.

Don't quite know where my thoughts are going on this. Just kind of wondering if, for some reason, there were two separate incidents with Jacqueline and Chris in one vehicle and Vanderlei in the other. (i.e. did Vanderlei arrive home to find his wife and child missing and went looking for them).

http://tinyurl.com/yhwg88j

Another translated article from Brazil. This article discusses some theories the Brazilians have. Not sure what the reference to "Fantastic" is but the word is bolded. One translation for Fantastico in Portuguese is "ludicrously odd".

The article indicates that Jaqueline felt nostalgic for Brazil. Also they quote an American architect who says that an employee felt "envious", whatever that is supposed to mean and that they may have gone into hiding to avoid that person.

Steve Eavens is the architect they refer to. Babelfish translates the comment as "It had good contracts. I believe that some employee threatened envious them and that they are hidden"

Forgive me if this has already been posted earlier (can't get youtube link to show here for some reason, but it is at youtube.com/watch?v=3Kd5iDppHa4 and titled: "Sumiço de família brasileira nos Estados Unidos ainda é um mistério"). In the video Eavens makes reference to "he went into hiding". The clip is in Portuguese, but we do hear Eavens' comment in English.

Does anyone know where the workers are now ? Did they come from Florida to work in Omaha ? I wonder what their immigration status is ? What's weird is : why didn't Chris S. pay them (if indeed he didn't), why didn't he cash that 1000 check ? Really strange story ....

Does anyone know where the workers are now ? Did they come from Florida to work in Omaha ? I wonder what their immigration status is ? What's weird is : why didn't Chris S. pay them (if indeed he didn't), why didn't he cash that 1000 check ? Really strange story ....

A point of clarification. Chris is the son. Vanderlei (or Vance as I've seen in some docs) is the adult male in the construction business.

The immigration question is interesting, yes.

Steve Eavens is the architect they refer to. Babelfish translates the comment as "It had good contracts. I believe that some employee threatened envious them and that they are hidden"

Forgive me if this has already been posted earlier (can't get youtube link to show here for some reason, but it is at youtube.com/watch?v=3Kd5iDppHa4 and titled: "Sumiço de família brasileira nos Estados Unidos ainda é um mistério"). In the video Eavens makes reference to "he went into hiding". The clip is in Portuguese, but we do hear Eavens' comment in English.

So, is it that an employee was envious of Vance? Or was jealous of his
job and threatened him somehow?
OR
is it that an employee was jealous of Jacqueline and they decided to 'hide' to get away?

And they feel Jacqueline wants to go back to Brazil?

It does sound more like they are hiding out, but why for so long, why not
call someone in the church or her daughter in Brazil?

Well, at least it sounds like things will be cleared up when the daughter gets here. The family must have been either emailing or calling the relatives in Brazil about this situation before they went missing ? Hope they are okay...

http://www.ketv.com/news/22583137/detail.html

Szczepanik Family Hasn't Been Seen Since December
POSTED: 4:00 pm CST February 16, 2010
UPDATED: 5:31 pm CST February 16, 2010

OMAHA, Neb. -- The daughter of a missing Brazilian family in Omaha arrived in the city Tuesday, hoping to help solve the mystery.

Tatiani Costa Klein arrived at Eppley Airfield Tuesday morning after having left Brazil 24 hours earlier. She was greeted by the family's friends.

Jaqueline, Vanderlei and their 7-year-old son, Chris Szczepanik, haven’t been seen since Dec. 14. The family was doing mission work for their church.

Through an interpreter, Klein thanked the community for its efforts.

"She says she wants to talk to police and find out more about the investigation and proceed from there and make conclusions," the interpreter said.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1141175&seqNum=1

CHRISTOPHER SZCZEPANIK
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Jun 18, 2002 Sex: Male
Missing Date: Dec 14, 2009 Race: White
Age Now: 7 Height: 4'0" (122 cm)
Missing City: OMAHA Weight: 50 lbs (23 kg)
Missing State : NE Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC1141175
Circumstances: The two photos on the left are of Christopher. He is believed to be in the company of his parents, Jaqueline and Vanderlei Szczepanik. The family was last seen at their home on December 14, 2009. They are missing under suspicious circumstances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Associated Adults JAQUELINE SZCZEPANIK
Missing from: NE
Missing Since: Dec 14, 2009
Age Now: 43
View Poster

VANDERLEI SZCZEPANIK
Missing from: NE
Missing Since: Dec 14, 2009
Age Now: 36

NCMC1141175c1.jpg

NCMC1141175a1t.jpg

NCMC1141175a2t.jpg

Honestly, any time I hear the words "construction" or "renevations" playing a role in a missing person's case, I can't help but think of the Eridania Rodriguez case. The killer deliberately hid her body in a vent that would eventually be sealed off after renovations were complete, so she would never be found. I wonder if they considered that in the Jennifer Kesse case as well. MOO

I am glad to read that the daughter from Brazil has arrived.
Hopefully she has an idea of what may have happened and where they could be.

On the face of it, it looks like she will have a really tough time getting anyplace in Omaha. Right now, it doesn't seem like she knows much about what's going on .....

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100218/NEWS01/702189872
snippets'
Tatiane Klein quit her job in Brazil.
She left her own two children and husband behind and traveled this week to the faraway city where her mother, brother and stepfather last were seen.
Klein said she would not leave until she gets answers about their disappearance.

Police have called the case suspicious, as the family left no explanation with relatives or friends. Left behind in the Szczepaniks' apartment near 16th and Center Streets were personal belongings, food, uncashed checks and a plugged-in cell phone charger.

Jaqueline was nearing success in her attempt to gain permanent U.S. residency, which would have enabled her to travel freely between countries.
Until that approval, the mother and daughter communicated by phone, e-mail and Skype — an Internet service that provides communication by video, voice and online chat. When Klein didn't hear from her mother Dec. 18, on Christmas or on Klein's birthday, she knew something was wrong.

.more at link..

Any new info? I was hoping the daughter might be able to shed a little light on this mystery.

http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12017757&nav=menu550_8_7
'snipped'

Holding hands, Tatiane Klein and close friends pray for her family's safe return. Vanderlei, Jaqueline, and little Christopher Szczepanik haven't been seen or heard from for nearly three months. Through a Portuguese interpreter, the 27-year-old remembers the last time she spoke to her mother back in December. "She called and she was telling me everything was fine and was sending me some money to buy her sons some Christmas presents and that she would then call later on," said the daughter of the missing family, Tatiane Klein through an interpreter.
That call never came. The family vanished from an old church at 16th and Center where they lived while remodeling the building. "A lot of things have passed through my head but I haven't been able to come to any conclusions," said Klein.

http://www.ketv.com/news/22621516/detail.html
snip'

Kline came to the King of Kings Lutheran Church for a prayer vigil on Saturday. She is staying with a host family and is relying on several churches and an interpreter for support.

"She was very scared and intimidated, but no barrier was going to stop her from coming," said interpreter Jim Hart.

i cannot believe 3 entire families disappeared recently...hard to imagine

this world is just getting scarier and scarier..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smjosephson
Back