Need insight regarding a picture

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BINGO. "DADDY"

A child this age doesn't just accidentally have their hand on their forehead this way. There's specific placement-- it's not a natural hand position for a child this age, unless practiced.

So, whose account was this picture found on? And when was it taken?

Since Caylee did not have a father to speak of she was probably signing 'grandfather', but then again, who knows what she called George.

This is a very deliberate hand gesture and it looks like she had practiced.

BINGO. "DADDY"

A child this age doesn't just accidentally have their hand on their forehead this way. There's specific placement-- it's not a natural hand position for a child this age, unless practiced.

So, whose account was this picture found on? And when was it taken?
So she knows sign language and spanish? Pretty smart kid. Most of the kids I've taught (young and old) sign "daddy" in the middle of their foreheads. Just think they caught her with her hand up. And it sure does look red.

So she knows sign language and spanish? Pretty smart kid. Most of the kids I've taught (young and old) sign "daddy" in the middle of their foreheads. Just think they caught her with her hand up. And it sure does look red.

She may have been signing 'daddy' to the side so the pic could be taken.

Can rosacea show up on the palms of the hands??

She may have been signing 'daddy' to the side so the pic could be taken.

Can rosacea show up on the palms of the hands??
I was wondering that...I have red palms as well. The last time I was in the dermo's office there was a poster on the wall and I was trying to diagnose myself. I was too embarassed to point it out to the doctor. I also thought it might be a circulation problem.

ETA: It was bad enough I had to show him what happened to my thigh after sleuthing for hours with the laptop on my leg!

FWIW a couple of people had commented on what she was doing with her hand as coming from a children's movie. I can't remember which movie and can't find where it was posted. Just that it's something the character in the movie did.

I was wondering that...I have red palms as well. The last time I was in the dermo's office there was a poster on the wall and I was trying to diagnose myself. I was too embarassed to point it out to the doctor. I also thought it might be a circulation problem.

O/T: Tell your doctor--even if it is a circulation problem you should get it checked! :)

YIPES! That was further off than I was!!!

Could you remove my quote from your post please. I was basing that assumption on the picture with the background as being part of the pose. I edited my post to reflect my thought based on the untreated picture. Thanks.
I don't want to start any rumors.

From my experience of photographing kids in a non-posing "snapshot" kind of atmosphere: Caylee looks like she was caught in mid-talk... and kids her age, when they are talking, tend to be active with their hands, putting them in their hair... pulling at their clothes... just being silly while talking. Whatever Caylee was doing in that pic, her eyes are actually animated... like she was enjoying herself. Look at the cute pic... she has pigtails... she might have been talking to someone about her pigtails.

There is a lot of truth in the phrase "a picture's worth a thousand words". That pic can be interpreted in many ways with many words...

Could you remove my quote from your post please. I was basing that assumption on the picture with the background as being part of the pose. I edited my post to reflect my thought based on the untreated picture. Thanks.
I don't want to start any rumors.
hehe, sorry! It's deleted!

I just looked at this picture again and thisis my thought:

When my kiddos were little I would take their pictures all the time. I would do silly stuff to get the to smile etc... I used to hold the camera in one hand and then make like "deer antlers" with the other one and stick my tongue out...if you do it normally you would use both hands but taking a photo you only have one hand...Caylee could have been mimicking whoever was taking the photo...

I actually have a photo of my daughter somewhere doing this with both her hands because she was mimicking her dad as I took the picture...I need to find it now.

ETA: It was bad enough I had to show him what happened to my thigh after sleuthing for hours with the laptop on my leg!

The laptop leg rash is a big issue these days:):)

Viewing this without my horrible first thought I am wondering if someone has been trying to teach her how to do a military solute and she dosen't have the down yet.

To me it looks like the "L" on the forehead for Loser. I think its in Shrek? I only know this because my neice used to try to do it but was to uncoordinated to get it right. She held her hand the same way as Caylee is doing. My neice is 2 and a half.

I could be totally wrong however...

Do we know where this photo was taken? It dosen't look like the A's back yard. Great Grandma's maybe?

To me it looks like the "L" on the forehead for Loser. I think its in Shrek? I only know this because my neice used to try to do it but was to uncoordinated to get it right. She held her hand the same way as Caylee is doing. My neice is 2 and a half.

I could be totally wrong however...

That's it! Exactly what was posted when the pictures were first seen by several people!!

Do we know where this photo was taken? It dosen't look like the A's back yard. Great Grandma's maybe?

In the first un-altered photo in this thread it is clearly the A's backyard--you can see her playhouse in the background.

My palms are so red sometimes, that I have had people ask me if I had paint on them.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Found this on myspace. HTH!

Caylee.jpg
When my daughter was 2 she fell on a space heater and burnt her hand and forearm. this does look like what hers looked like. However, when her hand still looked like this we still had to have it wrapped up with special cream on it. So I would say that this may be something she ate and got on her hands.

I agree, I think she might have been having a silly moment. In the original pic, her hand does not look as red, and I think it could either be a popcicle like someone mentioned, or marker or finger paint.

Boy she is adorable though!!

From my experience of photographing kids in a non-posing "snapshot" kind of atmosphere: Caylee looks like she was caught in mid-talk... and kids her age, when they are talking, tend to be active with their hands, putting them in their hair... pulling at their clothes... just being silly while talking. Whatever Caylee was doing in that pic, her eyes are actually animated... like she was enjoying herself. Look at the cute pic... she has pigtails... she might have been talking to someone about her pigtails.

There is a lot of truth in the phrase "a picture's worth a thousand words". That pic can be interpreted in many ways with many words...

My kids were playing with chalk last weekend and their hands looked like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back