Need insight regarding a picture

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sign language for dad or grandad. and i think she was either A. eating a popsicle or B. strawberries.

My palms are so red sometimes, that I have had people ask me if I had paint on them.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

Isabelle, my mum and I get the same thing. we have raynaud's syndrome. some ppl just get that way when their hands are too cold or hot, also.

I think we parents could come up with about a hundred reasons why her hand looked a little red. My son falls, his hands are red. My son also got this weird red rash on his hands. I couldn't figure out what it was, so I took him to the Drs. They said it had to be something he touched. I wracked my brain until the next weekend, when we went outside to pull some weeds. Bingo, he touched a weed. I think people are looking really hard at these pics looking for abuse. Seriously though, my son, who's five has a new bruise every day. This happens with toddlers and young kids. They fall. Now if there was a bruise in a spot other than arms, legs, forehead, then you've possibly got something.

My niece at that age carried around a red sucker from Target that stained her hands. After a bath this came off everywhere else except the palms of her hands. This looks just like that. Red Kool Aid will also do this.

Palmar erythema can be palmar psoriasis...could be hand, foot, and mouth as well....could be dermatitis of any kind.

Can be anything...red crayon, sucker...

there's a few of these pics I found them on photobucket a while back [& actually had same thought about the ASL] my youngest taught herself watching signing-time on PBS & videos.... I'll look for the other pics - there were 3 or 4 grouped together & IIRC they were actually B&W & not color like these [?] could be mistaken though.... :)

ETA [one of the others I'd looked at I thought she was signing thank you or please] / from the chin-out

My kids were playing with chalk last weekend and their hands looked like that.

I was about to say - pink sidewalk chalk! Or red playdough, or kool-aid.

My youngest sucked his thumb, and in the summer his hand would get red from that, too - like a heat rash. Sometimes playing in a sandbox can make that worse too.

As far as the hand on the head - she probably just raised her hand as the picture was snapped.

I'm not trying to explain it all away, but I know how easy it is to read things into pictures of children when it's usually something simple.

To me it looks like the "L" on the forehead for Loser. I think its in Shrek? I only know this because my neice used to try to do it but was to uncoordinated to get it right. She held her hand the same way as Caylee is doing. My neice is 2 and a half.

I could be totally wrong however...

I'm in agreement with you on this one. It seems like something KC would teach her to do, like the "What Up Dude" she would say to the guys at TonE's place (I think that was the phrase). Something that was encouraged by an "adult" (that word just doesn't seem right with KC, nor does parent) :confused:

I'm thinking that she is either signing Daddy because her Daddy is standing right in front or her or she is saluting someone standing very near to her. JMO

I'm in agreement with you on this one. It seems like something KC would teach her to do, like the "What Up Dude" she would say to the guys at TonE's place (I think that was the phrase). Something that was encouraged by an "adult" (that word just doesn't seem right with KC, nor does parent) :confused:

Yeah, really cute -- NOT

Yep - It's L - Loser sign. That's what I saw right away.

To me it looks like the "L" on the forehead for Loser. I think its in Shrek? I only know this because my neice used to try to do it but was to uncoordinated to get it right. She held her hand the same way as Caylee is doing. My neice is 2 and a half.

None of her fingers are folded so imo, it does not look like the Loser sign. If someone is familiar with signing Dad or Grandpa, it's close- all fingers are open for the sign, but a child this age might not get the forehead center.

It immediately reminded me of sign language, though I could not remember what the sign was. I didn't notice anything unusual about her hand for a busy toddler - looked like she might have been clapping her hands or possibly fallen on the pavement, if anything at all.

My first thought was the Loser sign. I can imagine KC teaching her baby that more than sign language. I could see her thinking it was funny.

As for the red hand, if it was from a popsicle or something, wouldn't her cute little white shirt have red on it too? Of course, they could have just removed a bib before taking the picture. I don't know...

That's what I think it is. I noticed that they seemed to teach caylee a number of expressions/gestures that are popular in pop culture. I'm certainly not passing judgment on that because lots of people teach cute or ironic gestures to their children.

i don't, but that's just me.

http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/g/grandpa.htm

GRANDPA/AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE

grandpa1.jpg

LOSER

man-making-loser_BCO20028.jpg

That pic looks like Caylee is doing a little kid's "salute".

IMO too much is being mde of this. My son has made the same "pose" when he was not paying attention, just scratching his head or simply throwing his arms around, as toddlers do, alot. Whoever took this picture took it candidly, spur of the moment- it doesnt look posed to me at all. Of course, that's probably not what many people want to hear. Much more interesting to have it be a hidden message...^^

IMO too much is being mde of this. My son has made the same "pose" when he was not paying attention, just scratching his head or simply throwing his arms around, as toddlers do, alot. Whoever took this picture took it candidly, spur of the moment- it doesnt look posed to me at all. Of course, that's probably not what many people want to hear. Much more interesting to have it be a hidden message...^^

I agree.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties