Need insight regarding a picture

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only thing I noticed was her burned hand.

Oh, gee. That little hand looks just like she's been leaning on it and just picked it up. Try it. Lean your hand against your desk for a minute, support your weight. Now pick your hand up and wait a sec.

See what I mean?

I think we're making waaayyyyyyyyy too much of this. I have one-year old triplets who make all sorts of animated gestures. my hubby and i laugh at some of the pics because it looks like the girls are making "gang signs".

Even if it was some sort of "sign", what does that prove anyways? What does that have to do with Caylee missing.

the red marks on her hands????? looks like some kind of eczema or something

I could also be stained with Cool Aid. My daughter is 13 and still gets red on her lips and hands if she's not careful. a red marker that someone attempted to wash off would be smeared to cover much of the palm.

She is possibly using sign language to say "daddy" or "grandfather"...to sign daddy the same hand sign that is seen is used and with "grandfather" the same sign is used but the hand is moved back and forth from the forhead.

My dev. disabled son communicates using ASL- it does look like she's signing "father" or "grandfather." Since there was no father in her life, it would make more sense that this sign was for George, or maybe greatGpa in Mt. Dora?

Could also be a random movement of her hand to her hair, like she does at one point in her book reading vid. (preening her ponytail-so precious and girly)

I don't think her hand looks burned. Besides, a burn hurts like the dickens- chances are she wouldn't be using and moving a burned hand so freely.

BINGO. "DADDY"

A child this age doesn't just accidentally have their hand on their forehead this way. There's specific placement-- it's not a natural hand position for a child this age, unless practiced.

So, whose account was this picture found on? And when was it taken?

I totally disagree. I don't think she's signing anything at all.

BINGO. "DADDY"

A child this age doesn't just accidentally have their hand on their forehead this way. There's specific placement-- it's not a natural hand position for a child this age, unless practiced.

So, whose account was this picture found on? And when was it taken?

I think there is way too much being analyzed here. Is it possible to have just caught her in the middle of just moving her arms/hands around? :doh:

I know this, my son is only six months old and we catch him in the strangest poses. He looked like he was casting spells in one we took over the weekend.

"Illusions, Michael."

I, also, think the pic is a candid, although I think "L for Looooser" would be right up Casey's alley.

My very first thought the first time I saw the edited picture was the loser sign. Except it didn't "go " with all the pretty flowers in the background. Loser & flowers?

I could also be stained with Cool Aid. My daughter is 13 and still gets red on her lips and hands if she's not careful. a red marker that someone attempted to wash off would be smeared to cover much of the palm.

I was thinking the same thing. My younger kids will get marker on their hands when they are coloring.

The loser sign predates Shrek, but it comes from a song - "All Star" by SmashMouth which is featured in Shrek 2 - here is the lyric:

"She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead "

You can see the loser sign done with the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpduboZrlCc

There is also a big Shrek show at Universal Studios that Caylee has probably seen.

I really can't see the picture to well on my phone,

But if her hand is stained from lets say a popsicle: candy… etc

Wouldn't her shirt be stained too?

Wasn't it in the Steve Martin Movie… "Parenthood" hmm that stared Juilette Lewis where the other guy from(Honey I shrink the kids) taught his young daughter sign language?

When I had my baby I was apart of a Mommy Forum and many Moms were into teaching their kids sign language.

Dude, speculate a little more. LOL. I've never once beaten or abused my daughter; but kids are like ... crazy animals. They get in to anything and everything they can.

I was cooking meatloaf about three weeks ago, and my daughter ran out in to the kitchen, she has a magnetic "farm" that has animals in two pieces, and you put them together in the barn, and then push and it says like "you made a cow - a cow says moo" or it says "you made a horse cow - a HORSE COW - that's silly hehehehe". Anyway, I turned to wash off a spatula, and in the second I wasn't watching, she walked over to the oven to look through the glass, and touched it and burned her hand.

THINGS HAPPEN, and I'm by no means a bad parent.

I'm not saying this couldn't be a bad thing -- just dont jump the gun and accuse someone of something, especially now that you know that people will be watching what you're saying. *sigh*

Signs:
fathergrand.gif

Just an FYI, I taught my daugther sign language when she was only 9 months old. She used it until she could talk and sometimes still does. But I am not sure that Casey would take the time to teach it to Caylee. Maybe someone else would though. JMO

The first thing that jumped out at me was that Casey was teaching Caylee how to do the sign for "Loser" - putting the "L" on your forehead...that Casey thot it was so funny. Which it isn't. But it isn't funny to let your kid be around parties all the time or share a bed with your boyfriend. In reality, if it is true, it's as if Caylee is telling Casey she is a loser - which couldn't be truer.

Why is everyone all up her butt about the boyfriend bed thing also? For her first 6 months, my daughter slept in bed with my wife and I. She still ends up in bed with us whenever she wakes up and won't go back to sleep.

Is it 'cause you think they were doing stuff with Caylee in the bed?

No one seemed to think that much of my daughter being in bed with my wife and I. Is it 'cause we're married? We weren't when we made her. :p We were engaged, but still -- pretty sure it's against morals or whatever.

I don't get it.

Yeah, if she was getting her freak on and Caylee was there (and awake, 'cause, well I'm not getting in to that) then it's not really a good thing -- but still, did the dude say he was gettin' freaky with KC while Caylee was in the bed? I'm lost to this scenerio.

If we are assuming someone taught Caylee to sign. This picture comes right after the picture in question
caylee_007.jpg

She could be signing eat in this one. This is how my daughter signed to eat even though its a little off with the fingers. JMO

Well, I am just mad and sick all over again seeing that lovely playhouse in the background.

Cindy and George were providing a safe, secure, clean, well stocked, loving home for Caylee. Caylee is nicely dressed and looks taken care of in every picture except for the ones with Casey where she looks, in my opinion, drugged, uncomfortable and/or left out.

I am infuriated with Casey for taking that darling baby away from her home and her grandparents for just plain spite. In this case, imo, Casey was born not made a monster.

When the story first aired it seemed Caylee’s spirit was still around the house as it seemed bright and attractive but now it is dark and dank looking and must seem like living in hell without Caylee.

My heart has gone out to Cindy and George from the beginning and because Caylee so obviously loved them and was thriving under their care I am trying to reserve judgment in her honor.

IMO only

I agree with you Jade. Caylee looks like a very beautiful and happy child. It breaks my heart to know that she is know longer with us. I know C & G took good care of her and my heart breaks for them. I just wish they would stand their ground and be Caylee's voice against KC. KC is 22 and living. Caylee is 3 and innocent and needs her grammy now more than ever!!! :highfive: :Benny_monkeysmilies

I think our time could be better spent than to speculate what the picture means, because we are never going to know one way or the other. It could be anything or it could be nothing. JMO

If we are assuming someone taught Caylee to sign. This picture comes right after the picture in question
caylee_007.jpg

She could be signing eat in this one. This is how my daughter signed to eat even though its a little off with the fingers. JMO

I think she was taught ASL. Or maybe in the moment someone was over showing her sign moves and got it on camera...

Never really know, unless we were there. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13
Back