Nejame Donates $5000 Earnings to Meter Reader Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When Caylee was found, IIRC, the $225,000.00 reward money was for an alive Caylee and I believe, but could be wrong, the $225.000.00 reward money expired in 90 days from the day it was offered. LP's $50,000.00 was pulled some time ago so there was no reward money to give to Roy K.

Um ok I missed something Why cant the meter man claim the reward ?

He found Caylee

Yeah, Jane, he's a county employee on county time.....he's AT WORK so no reward applies.......

I have NO problem with Nejame easing his guilt from his former association and absolutely NO problem (for me) with Roy taking that---I just *wish* he had clarity of motive and didn't take a dime. So many witnesses are tainted by National Enquirer.....I just want HIM to want NOTHING except the right outcome. I don't blame him for cashing in--it just makes the case simpler if her is without motive.......(fingers crossed). Truly, he could do better than Nejame's 5k. I wish he'd have none of it.

Here are a couple links about the $5,000 Nejame was paid by the Never Lose Hope foundation to represent George and Cindy. I thought this was old news.

http://mobile.sun-sentinel.com/detail.jsp?key=92453&rc=fl&full=1

Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame for $5,000 to help George and Cindy Anthony.

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/news.jsp?key=173097&p=2

Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame for $5,000 to help George and Cindy Anthony.

ETA: another link

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-nejame2108nov21,0,7372410.story

Two board members of an Orlando-based missing-children's organization paid NeJame $5,000 for his expenses in helping George and Cindy Anthony.

ETA: another link (Nejame's website)

http://www.nejamelaw.com/mark-nejame-in-the-news/George-Cindy-Anthony-also-victims.htm

Orlando-based missing-children's organization Never Lose Hope Foundation hired NeJame to help the couple.

We need a link for this story.

Is it possible this $5,000 that NeJame made was off his appearances on different TV shows? Roy K can't accept money as per what has been reported.

I suppose it's possible. He could certainly have sort of separated the money he was paid by Never Lose Hope from money he received from TV show appearances.

Here are a couple links about the $5,000 Nejame was paid by the Never Lose Hope foundation to represent George and Cindy. I thought this was old news.

http://mobile.sun-sentinel.com/detail.jsp?key=92453&rc=fl&full=1

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/news.jsp?key=173097&p=2

thank you, BeanE! :blowkiss:

I still don't like the idea of a missing children's org paying for the representation of the child's grandparents.

I'm still unclear as to how Nejame was paid. it does not seem right to me that a missing kids organization would use donated money to pay for the representation of the child's grandparents? :confused:
if CA & GA paid him from their own money...how do they have $5000? :confused:

I'm not sure how to make it clearer. I saw Nejame in more than one interview talk about the monies paid to him by Never Lose Hope. He consistently referred to it as a minimal amount that barely covered his expenses. $5k may seem like a lot of money, but for an attorney of his reputation and experience, it's a drop in the bucket. I have no doubts that the As took up a phenomenal amount of his time, effort, and skills.

I still don't like the idea of a missing children's org paying for the representation of the child's grandparents.

I have no problem at all with Nejame having been paid by Never Lose Hope. I firmly believe he tried his best to get the As focused on Caylee, which is well worth the $$. Caylee didn't ask for her family, and I consider the monies to have been paid on her behalf. It's just unfortunate that Cindy & George wouldn't heed Nejame's excellent advice, which I also believe wasn't just from a legal perspective, but from his heart. Nejame is a good man.

MOO

IMO, this money is the money that NeJame made off of different TV shows based on how the article is written -

Roy K's attorney confirmed to WESH 2 that they are now considering an offer made by NeJame, who is offering a $5,000 reward to Roy K. That amount represents the money NeJame made while serving as the Anthony family's representative.

If the Anthony's had given a retainer to NeJame, IMO, then the article would have said: "NeJame offers Roy K's the $5,000 retainer from the Anthony's as a reward for finding Caylee".

Hi Patty G. We know that Nejame was paid this exact amount ($5k) by Never Lose Hope. Could you please explain why you'd prefer the money offered to Kronk be from a different source? To me, the source of the money isn't important.

I have no problem at all with Nejame having been paid by Never Lose Hope. I firmly believe he tried his best to get the As focused on Caylee, which is well worth the $$. Caylee didn't ask for her family, and I consider the monies to have been paid on her behalf. It's just unfortunate that Cindy & George wouldn't heed Nejame's excellent advice, which I also believe wasn't just from a legal perspective, but from his heart. Nejame is a good man.

MOO

the problem for me is that if I was someone that donated money to help in finding a missing child, I would not want that money going to help pay to represent the grandparents of a child who's mother is accused of the murder...but maybe that's just me

MOO

ITA....This man showed he truly took the position with G and C to give them advice to deal with the media frenzy going on. Whenever he appeared on any TV show, he merely stated that the Anthony's (G/C) were not monsters and were grieving grandparents. I always remembered him saying things such as that. They chose not to accept his help and what he was there to do for them. He also took a lot of criticism from the public (AND me) for taking on this monumental task. He behaved with dignity when he resigned his position. I'm more than sure he had far more to say about his dealings with these people.
Whether Roy K can accept the money or not, I believe it is offered with the sincerest intentions and for that I have nothing but respect for Mr. NeJame.

the problem for me is that if I was someone that donated money to help in finding a missing child, I would not want that money going to help pay to represent the grandparents of a child who's mother is accused of the murder...but maybe that's just me

Oh sorry. I just wasn't thinking. Yes, if people donated money, and it was implied that it would go solely for search efforts, then I would have a problem with that too. Definitely. I just don't know what the terms of donations are for Never Lose Hope.

Just a note. I've stayed out of the whole donations thing, but this may be a topic that's off-limits for discussion. I saw a mod post the other day about it.

I'm glad that Nejeme isn't keeping money from the a family.......shows he could care less!
He doesn't want or need blood money. The a family must of sickened him. Nice jester to MR guy. All citizens should be persistant like MR! IMO

I'm glad that Nejeme isn't keeping money from the a family.......shows he could care less!
He doesn't want or need blood money. The a family must of sickened him. Nice jester to MR guy. All citizens should be persistant like MR! IMO

I do like Nejame. I'm supportive of him donating the money as a reward to Kronk as well. but I'm still not happy with never lose hope using donated money to pay him...the anthony's and no one else should have paid him. MOO

ITA....This man showed he truly took the position with G and C to give them advice to deal with the media frenzy going on. Whenever he appeared on any TV show, he merely stated that the Anthony's (G/C) were not monsters and were grieving grandparents. I always remembered him saying things such as that. They chose not to accept his help and what he was there to do for them. He also took a lot of criticism from the public (AND me) for taking on this monumental task. He behaved with dignity when he resigned his position. I'm more than sure he had far more to say about his dealings with these people.
Whether Roy K can accept the money or not, I believe it is offered with the sincerest intentions and for that I have nothing but respect for Mr. NeJame.

Based on his comments and interviews, especially since Caylee's remains were found, he think Nejame was trying hard with the As to do more than the media advice. He seems such a genuinely caring person, and genuinely interested in justice for Caylee.

I agree that Nejame is offering the reward with every good intention. And I think Roy K deserves it, not that he is seeking any monies. Roy's persistence and determination are admirable, and I'm grateful to him.

I'm still unclear as to how Nejame was paid. it does not seem right to me that a missing kids organization would use donated money to pay for the representation of the child's grandparents? :confused:
if CA & GA paid him from their own money...how do they have $5000? :confused:

I would answer the question but I would be a renegade rule breaker.:)

IMO, this money is the money that NeJame made off of different TV shows based on how the article is written -

Roy K's attorney confirmed to WESH 2 that they are now considering an offer made by NeJame, who is offering a $5,000 reward to Roy K. That amount represents the money NeJame made while serving as the Anthony family's representative.

If the Anthony's had given a retainer to NeJame, IMO, then the article would have said: "NeJame offers Roy K's the $5,000 retainer from the Anthony's as a reward for finding Caylee".

According to the A's and their spokesperson du jour, tv shows never pay for interviews.

Especially orgs that have raffles for cars and never list the winners.

I'm not sure how to make it clearer. I saw Nejame in more than one interview talk about the monies paid to him by Never Lose Hope. He consistently referred to it as a minimal amount that barely covered his expenses. $5k may seem like a lot of money, but for an attorney of his reputation and experience, it's a drop in the bucket. I have no doubts that the As took up a phenomenal amount of his time, effort, and skills.

You are correct, it is a drop in the bucket. And they A's got more than that amount in services.

There has been extensive research done on this org, some very big questions about their integrity.

I do like Nejame. I'm supportive of him donating the money as a reward to Kronk as well. but I'm still not happy with never lose hope using donated money to pay him...the anthony's and no one else should have paid him. MOO

That's exactly the point posters made way back when. When we donate to an organization, you don't expect it your donation to pay for something like that. It really calls into question accountability of what Non profit orgs are doing with money they raise.

Seems to me that players in this case are suddenly desiring to seperate themselves from Caylee related money they were paid or collected. "I'll give it back, I'll give it to so and so as a reward.....".

I know this topic is off limits. However, with more and more info coming out, it's going to be hard to keep out of discussions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back