Netflix series "Don't With Cats"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Sulamith

Reaction score
I just started watching this series. Wondering if any other Websleuthers are too. Amazing how people came together to try to track down this kitten killer. It is rather graphic which upset me but I will continue to watch.

Watched entire series last night and came to W.S. just now to see if there were any threads on this monster.

Glad he was caught. So many issues with L.M.

So sad & upsetting about the animals and Lin Jun and that L.E. didn't listen to the sleuthers before it was too late!

Last edited:
I watched it all yesterday, and really enjoyed the sleuther aspect of it.
I have read a lot about him, but I am sure there is loads I didn't know. There are a few minutes at the end that blew my mind. It was really well done.

I wish it had never been made, because he doesn’t deserve one ounce of recognition or publicity and having a whole show made about him has to be completely feeding his sick ego. Yuck. I won’t watch it just on that alone.

I wish it had never been made, because he doesn’t deserve one ounce of recognition or publicity and having a whole show made about him has to be completely feeding his sick ego. Yuck. I won’t watch it just on that alone.

Deanna Thompson aka "Baudi Moovan" and John Green do speak about this (recognition, publicity) at the very end. RobinCal is right about the sleuthing aspect of the case. IMO, excellent sleuthing.

Last edited:
Just watched the whole thing the other day, excellent documentary and of course the sleuthing aspect was very interesting!
Parts where the animals were shown was unbearable to watch, so i closed my eyes or left the room, as for his d.m.- holy Miss Havishan batman. imo.

THIS ARTICLE DESCRIBES VIDEO, Warning GRAPHIC.
Dec 19, 2019
1 Lunatic 1 Icepick Video: The Gory Luka Magnotta Video, Explained | Heavy.com
"The first video was posted by Magnotta under the alias “uonlywish500,” on December 21, 2010. This video would provide a number of useful details for internet sleuths to use when they tried to track Magnotta down in the coming year, including the blanket seen in the video, a North American pack of cigarettes, and a yellow vacuum. That same room would later be the site for the brutal murder and dismemberment of Chinese student Lin Jun in 2012."
Hunting Luka Magnotta - the fifth estate
•Dec 23, 2014

Read more: Don't With Cats: Who's Manny Lopez? Luka Magnotta's 'partner' | Metro News
Dec 20 2019
"Luka’s mother, Anna Yourkin, maintains a belief in his version of events, stating in one of the cat killing videos, in which a kitten is eaten by a python, a second set of hands is visible on the tape. This has never fully been explained. She also said that her son told her what happened during Jun Lin’s death, and that it was all under the direction of Manny, threatening him with his life if he failed to co-operate."

Won't watch. Even at 65 I can't watch animals being hurt. No can do.

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is about Magnotta!
just googled it
after googling it, I am positive I will not be watching
I already know all the gory details from following the case but it looks like there are disturbing images in this series which would just be too upsetting

Netflix documentary on killer Luka Magnotta leaves viewers in a mess of emotions

Don't **** with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer | Netflix Official Site

I didn't follow here, but I did follow online. Interesting one of the "sluethers" Deanna Thompson looks somewhat similar to another somewhat well known true crime buff also from Vegas. Longtime WS folks might know who I'm talking about - CH?

What really stands out to me though is hearing other folks talk about tiny nuggets of info, then they hit google, or google maps, or images - plus - they have desktop folders with the name of the case they're following. Yeah... they were spying here. ;)

Only at the beginning of part 3 now, but I've had to switch tabs when they show the kittens. Nope, can't watch that, at all. Overall so far, I think they did a good job.

Just watched the whole thing the other day, excellent documentary and of course the sleuthing aspect was very interesting!
Parts where the animals were shown was unbearable to watch, so i closed my eyes or left the room, as for his d.m.- holy Miss Havishan batman. imo.

[bbm]

what's 'd.m.'?

THIS ARTICLE DESCRIBES VIDEO, Warning GRAPHIC.
Dec 19, 2019
1 Lunatic 1 Icepick Video: The Gory Luka Magnotta Video, Explained | Heavy.com
"The first video was posted by Magnotta under the alias “uonlywish500,” on December 21, 2010. This video would provide a number of useful details for internet sleuths to use when they tried to track Magnotta down in the coming year, including the blanket seen in the video, a North American pack of cigarettes, and a yellow vacuum. That same room would later be the site for the brutal murder and dismemberment of Chinese student Lin Jun in 2012."
Hunting Luka Magnotta - the fifth estate
•Dec 23, 2014

Read more: Don't **** With Cats: Who's Manny Lopez? Luka Magnotta's 'partner' | Metro News
Dec 20 2019
"Luka’s mother, Anna Yourkin, maintains a belief in his version of events, stating in one of the cat killing videos, in which a kitten is eaten by a python, a second set of hands is visible on the tape. This has never fully been explained. She also said that her son told her what happened during Jun Lin’s death, and that it was all under the direction of Manny, threatening him with his life if he failed to co-operate."

well no wonder he's cray when his own mother believes his crap

I didn't follow here, but I did follow online. Interesting one of the "sluethers" Deanna Thompson looks somewhat similar to another somewhat well known true crime buff also from Vegas. Longtime WS folks might know who I'm talking about - CH?

What really stands out to me though is hearing other folks talk about tiny nuggets of info, then they hit google, or google maps, or images - plus - they have desktop folders with the name of the case they're following. Yeah... they were spying here. ;)

Only at the beginning of part 3 now, but I've had to switch tabs when they show the kittens. Nope, can't watch that, at all. Overall so far, I think they did a good job.

[bbm]

I'm a long-time WS'er - I don't know who you mean?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back