Netflix series "Don't With Cats"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I started watching this, and will get back to it. I lived in Miami when the "Cat Killer" there was arrested. The city ended up paying him money, because the parents fought it.

But, personally, I believe that he killed those cats, and he is a psychopath serial killer in the making.

I don’t think there is a “manny” but does anyone else wonder who the second pair of hands in the python video belong to?
The second pair of hands were in one clip. I refuse to believe someone else could be involved in something so disgusting and I think he used it in an effort to prove another perp existed. Reasonable doubt for him doesn’t hold water for me. I sincerely believe his crimes were his own and he had no accomplice.
Who is to say the video wasn’t photoshopped or something to indicate Manny truly existed?
Off to pet my cats! Merry Christmas to all!

I started watching it after I saw others mention it on another thread.

We discussed this the other day, my kids have watched this, I don't think that the film should have had the scenes of animals being hurt. I have not watched this film, not sure that I can.

It disturbs me, that maybe the "wrong" type of people will watch this documentary...

Welcome, @CanadianBreeze! Political discussion is against our community rules. Here is a link: Rules - Etiquette & Information

I will say that Luka's behaviors seem highly narcissistic (not surprising, given his criminal tendencies).
Thank you for the welcome. I was referring to Donald Trump the person not President Trump but I can see where the line would be blurred so I apologize....

I cringed this whole docuseries, and was disturbed the whole time, but I need to know who's hands were in the one video with him. I don't really believe into the "Manny" scenario, but do we really think the hands were photoshopped? Wouldn't an expert be able to figure that out? I will say though, Luka was smart in a way where he tied everything together, which makes him even scarier. I am glad he's put away forever, but I need more answers about the second set of hands petting the python. Ugh

We discussed this the other day, my kids have watched this, I don't think that the film should have had the scenes of animals being hurt. I have not watched this film, not sure that I can.

It disturbs me, that maybe the "wrong" type of people will watch this documentary...
Did they actually show the kittens being abused? I honestly don't know, I had to switch away to a separate tab the second they began those scenes, because I just couldn't bear to see any of it.

Did they actually show the kittens being abused? I honestly don't know, I had to switch away to a separate tab the second they began those scenes, because I just couldn't bear to see any of it.

Yes, when I say, "my kids", they are all over age 25...but even they were telling me things that were too disturbing. My ex husband couldn't watch it...and he was a police officer! So, the stuff about playing with frozen dead kittens? They actually showed that?

Pass.

The second pair of hands were his, he used the split screen and editing, there are loads of tutorials about cloning/split screen on Youtube. LM was a member of the group against cruelty to animals, he knew they scrutinised these abuse videos right down to the background noise/sounds (Russian TV programme and the Little Drummer Boy record played by serial killers Brady & Hindley while torturing a little girl), the doorknob, vacuum cleaner, bedspread, the poster, the puppy and python etc.

He played the Hansel & Gretel game of leaving breadcrumbs, he sends them on a wild goose chase, what country is he in? he's in the Ukraine, no, Russia..... and wait, there's another pair of hands, must be another person in the room? He enjoyed the chase and misleading his followers, he loved the movie, Catch Me if You Can.

He was obsessed with Basic Instinct in which Michael Douglas starred, and there's a character called Manny in it. LM visited a lawyer who he imagined resembled Douglas and there began his story. My first thought when Manny was mentioned was Casey Anthony and Zanny, the non-existent nanny, not knowing of the Manny in Basic Instinct, but there is something uncanny about these liars and fantasists, the story begins well before their crime and arrest.

Imo, LM and his mother share some of these delusions and she fostered them since his childhood, blurring fantasy and reality. She never imagined he'd kill kittens and a human being, but she was up for the rest, LM becoming a model, a celebrity, rich and famous by whatever means, prostitution or w/e.

There's CCTV of LM's apartment block and where the bins are kept, 'Manny should' have been sighted but of course, he wasn't, because he doesn't exist.

So people can decide for themselves whether to watch or not...
I found the doc very discreet. No actual murders of animals or people were actually shown. HOWEVER, it was implied and you do see the dead kittens in a particular scene. I thought the documentary makers did an excellent job implying the sheer horrifying aspect of the murders (animals/and poor Jun Lin) but didn't show much in specific details. It's a tough balance.

I thought the doc was very well made. The people interviewed, the city visuals, the music...all well done. And, to top it off, the question at the end. A question for all of us. I won't give it away, but I've asked myself this question many times.

I think most WSers will enjoy it, but those with a weak tolerance for violence will definitely find it more difficult to watch than others.

They show immediately before he kills them and then him posing the deceased kittens, they don't show the actual torture or killing of anything, but they show more than I think was needed. Having said that, I think the docs makers deliberately intended the shock value of what they did show, knowing the rage this would cause, peoples only course of action is to be vocal, vocal in text and voice. The rage was/is what has made it go viral and like cats, we are to curious to stay away...

I thought the doc was very well made. The people interviewed, the city visuals, the music...all well done. And, to top it off, the question at the end. A question for all of us. I won't give it away, but I've asked myself this question many times.

RSBM - I had completely forgotten that I was called away and actually missed the last 15 minutes or so of the last part. And now... I need to go watch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back