Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually pretty standard for someone to have to convert transcripts or case files to online format. Someone had to do like 400 pages just recently in the Teresa Sivers case.

I do accept that it is indeed standard. I still ask, isn't it 2016 ? :)

Nowadays in some cases you have to pay a surcharge to have a paper bill for utilities sent to you. That's just a few pieces of paper and a stamp.

For something so massive, would seem that a process that results in a electronic document that could then be sent to whomever needs, and printed if a hard copy or a section or whole things was needed for any reason, would be ummm... efficient and cost effective!

But yep, I get it, and the main point for me is that it's the courts antiquated system that is slowing things down, not anyone trying to suppress information to the public.

Can someone explain Convoluted Brian to me? I have never heard of him before and I've tried many times to get to his site but always get the Go Daddy sign up page, so have no idea who he is or what slant he has.

He is a blogger that followed the Avery case from its inception and took very accurate notes along the way, far prior to any documentary. He was doing it live while it happened.

This is why a lot of people like to refer to it because it gives insight to someone who did watch the trail very carefully and wasn't influenced by the documentary.

He also followed other cases as well, so he has no "dog in the race," so to speak. Furthermore, he was very much convinced throughout the process that this was a setup and especially that Dassey had given a false confession.

Hope that helps.

He is a blogger that followed the Avery case from its inception and took very accurate notes along the way, far prior to any documentary. He was doing it live while it happened.

This is why a lot of people like to refer to it because it gives insight to someone who did watch the trail very carefully and wasn't influenced by the documentary.

He also followed other cases as well, so he has no "dog in the race," so to speak. Furthermore, he was very much convinced throughout the process that this was a setup and especially that Dassey had given a false confession.

Hope that helps.

Wish he had been on Dassey's jury, I still cannot for the life of me understand how they convicted him. I'd rather hear from them than Avery's jurors, but that's JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope that helps.

With all due respect for the guy, because I have referred to the information numerous times, It doesn't read to me like he doesn't have a dog in the race. It's clearly from the slant that he believed Avery was innocent. Someone who doesn't have a dog in the race will post from both sides of the coin, even if it brings their own belief into question.

Also gone now is an alternative suspect who never got named, but was some kind of arsonist. The story was often mentioned in this thread and much akin to the Mr Bojangles of WM3 fame, but even though he said he knew who this guy was, no name was ever given. If you think someone is potentially guilty of murder, seems like something you'd want to push further, not clam up about. right ?

Mr BoJangles was seen once and never seen again. Maybe Brian's mistake was suggesting he knew the identity of this mystery person. Might also be a factor in why his site is now down ? idk Might just be down due to high traffic.

Hope that helps.

Yes it does help a lot. Thanks so much!

Re: convoluted Brian
The page that is coming up now is still him, but his blog is no longer there. Earlier it was telling me the account was suspended. It could be that he has decided to take it down, or maybe he is just trying to generate some business lol

ETA: yes, he was biased. I was using it for links though, which I was able to find elsewhere, however; dropbox is not happy today and won't open any of them LOL guess I should have saved them *sigh*

He had 18 years to plan this, if he ever got the chance to pull it off. I don't believe Teresa was killed in the residence and I also don't believe that LE made NO mistakes. But, saying that person after person would have to have been in on this giant conspiracy to frame SA is about as ridiculous as George Bush sending the airplanes on 9-11 into the building by remote control. (Yes, there is a large group that believes that). Occam's Razor.

Doesn't explain how he could plan for the very investigators (who have been proven in fact, to have railroaded him for a rape charge in the past), to find the inculpating evidence. In addition, how could he have planned that they would find it after at least 4 (in reality more) searches had already been conducted by trained law enforcement from assisting agencies?

Your conspiracy comparison is illogical considering it would only take 2 people to have framed SA, but considerably more for a WTC attack by GW.

hmmmm I'm getting this message when clicking the link ....

Sorry, The page you are looking for has gone missing
or does not exist.
Let me help you find the way. You can start here
at
Brian the Brain's Home
when clicking the link in the message it directs me to Brian the Brain Photography and it's all insects :scared:

is this link working for anyone else?
Okay, that is extremely bizarre. I was on his main website, then went to the avery section, and checked out a few pages before i posted that. Yet, now it shows that photography thing. o_O

Would be interesting to see if we can find a copy of that alternative suspect post, I just figured it would always be there. There are reddits on the topic, but everything I find now, links to that page, instead of posting the content.

If it does come back up, someone should copy/paste it. It's a real longshot imo. But on some of the reddits, I remember people claiming that they had made contact with him etc. Pictures of a guy with a big old burn scar on him.

But, without something like a name and document of him being interviewed or anything for that matter, how can it be taken seriously ?

With all due respect for the guy, because I have referred to the information numerous times, It doesn't read to me like he doesn't have a dog in the race. It's clearly from the slant that he believed Avery was innocent. Someone who doesn't have a dog in the race will post from both sides of the coin, even if it brings their own belief into question.

Also gone now is an alternative suspect who never got named, but was some kind of arsonist. The story was often mentioned in this thread and much akin to the Mr Bojangles of WM3 fame, but even though he said he knew who this guy was, no name was ever given. If you think someone is potentially guilty of murder, seems like something you'd want to push further, not clam up about. right ?

Mr BoJangles was seen once and never seen again. Maybe Brian's mistake was suggesting he knew the identity of this mystery person. Might also be a factor in why his site is now down ? idk Might just be down due to high traffic.

Maybe our definition of dog in the race might be different. I simply meant he didn't have a known agenda, i.e. police, prosecution, defense, filmmakers, etc... That's all.

Occam's Razor is being incorrectly cited here.

It doesn't just mean "the simplest explanation" - it means the hypothesis relying on the least assumptions.

We would need to decide what is assumption here (something we just accept as true without proof) and what isn't. With so many variables, so many unknowns and so many instances of evidence that could point in either direction it is very difficult to know.

Occam's Razor is really a vestige of Medieval "science" when they had no alternative ways to figure out what was true and what wasn't other than just thinking about it. It's not taken particularly seriously these days - and some scientists would tell you that Occam's Razor itself can be used to show that the simplest explanation is NOT always the correct one.

I think people use it (wrongly) to mean: "If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....." etc, but it doesn't really mean that at all.

To answer your question, Occam's Razor cannot be usefully applied to this case.
Hey there, thanks for this. I've been applying it completely wrong for years! o_O lol

Nowadays in some cases you have to pay a surcharge to have a paper bill for utilities sent to you. That's just a few pieces of paper and a stamp.

For something so massive, would seem that a process that results in a electronic document that could then be sent to whomever needs, and printed if a hard copy or a section or whole things was needed for any reason, would be ummm... efficient and cost effective!

But yep, I get it, and the main point for me is that it's the courts antiquated system that is slowing things down, not anyone trying to suppress information to the public.

I am sure with all this hysterical attention it is a very short amount of time until some buys the transcripts and/ or releases them online. Patience, my dear friends !

ETA: I can no longer reach the site either, but had this information still up on my open window, however, all links go to that same error screen with a link to the insect photography site. Hmmmm.

Avery Request for Retrial Denied
by Brian McCorkle on 26 February, 2010 at 20:26.
Filed under Steven Avery
Manitowoc County Judge Patrick Willis denied Steven Avery’s request for a new trial.

Read More
The Avery Appeal Step One
by Brian McCorkle on 12 December, 2009 at 22:07.
Filed under Steven Avery
The first step of the Steven Avery appeals process hits a speed bump.

Read More
An Alternative
by Brian McCorkle on 23 June, 2009 at 20:17.
Filed under Steven Avery
In their zeal to make Steven Avery the responsible person for the murder of Teresa Halbach law enforcement and prosecutors refused to consider other possibilities. Is this one?

Read More
The Poster Child Effect
by Brian McCorkle on 17 June, 2009 at 12:55.
Filed under Steven Avery
When the Plymouth SUV belong to Teresa Halbach was discovered on the Avery Salvage premises; the investigation into the Halbach disappearance intensified substantially. Now, the State of Wisconsin could get the poster child for wrongful convictions.

Read More
Lingering questions ‑ Search Scene or Crime Scene?
by Brian McCorkle on 3 September, 2007 at 22:07.
Filed under Steven Avery
After the discovery of Teresa Halbach’s SUV on 5 November, 2005, there was confusion. It seems that the investigators in charge didn’t know how to run a missing person search.

Read More
Lingering Questions – Introduction
by Brian McCorkle on 19 August, 2007 at 18:18.
Filed under Steven Avery
Wrongful imprisonment exonerations are increasing. Many of the wrongful convicted were low to middle income people. Can you protect yourself against the resources and might of the state if you are wrongfully accused?

Read More
Photographs Through Tinted Automobile Windows
by Brian McCorkle on 29 July, 2007 at 20:32.
Filed under Steven Avery, Technical Stuff
Contrary to what some forensic experts at the Wisconsin Crime Laboratory testified, it is possible to document the interior of a vehicle with heavily tinted windows.

Read More
Wisconsin DNA Lab Disregards Protocols
by Brian McCorkle on 2 July, 2007 at 18:47.
Filed under Rants, Steven Avery
The DNA section of the Madison, WI crime lab was shown to be open to unauthorized visitors. An Inspector General’s audit noted the danger of tampering or altering evidence.

Read More
Steven Avery Sentence
by Brian McCorkle on 12 June, 2007 at 18:54.
Filed under Steven Avery
June 1, 2007. Steven Avery sentenced to life without parole.

Read More
Avery Trial Jurors Want Answers From Dassey Trial
by Brian McCorkle on 17 April, 2007 at 08:08.
Filed under Steven Avery
Some jurors from the Steven Avery trial are attending the Brendan Dassey trial. They are seeking information. The prosecution will deliver only appeals to emotion.

Read More
Too Much to Lose
by Brian McCorkle on 6 April, 2007 at 10:59.
Filed under Steven Avery
Defending the troops is generally good leadership.

Denying responsibility is not.

Read More
The Dassey Confession vs. the Avery Trial
by Brian McCorkle on 28 March, 2007 at 16:52.
Filed under Brendan Dassey, Steven Avery
When comparing the details of the Dassey Confession against the testimony and evidence of the Avery trial, there is an amazing lack of corroboration.

Read More
What the Jury Didn’t See or Hear
by Brian McCorkle on 24 March, 2007 at 16:06.
Filed under Steven Avery
Shortly before the Avery jury returned its verdict, Special Prosecutor Ken Kratz began a public relations campaign for the event of an acquittal.

Read More
The Verdicts – “The Great Burden”
by Brian McCorkle on 23 March, 2007 at 15:50.
Filed under Steven Avery
The Jury has spoken. Many are ecstatic. I am not.

Read More
Heard on the Street
by Brian McCorkle on 14 March, 2007 at 21:23.
Filed under Steven Avery
When I listen to people speaking about the Avery trial, I hear a substantial number who don’t believe the State’s case.

Read More

You can probably get them through pacer but it costs on a per page basis. Not sure what the cost is bc when I did have an account, I could rack up huge bills without even realizing it. So, I cancelled my account.

Maybe our definition of dog in the race might be different. I simply meant he didn't have a known agenda, i.e. police, prosecution, defense, filmmakers, etc... That's all.

Yes, I see what you mean now. No reason to form that opinion via association.

I'm only on episode 5 & have a lot of wtf comments while watching. I can't get over the treatment of Jodi. Arresting her for violating the no contact order because she smiled at sa when she passed him in a car??????!!! The key is another biggie & the cop verifying the license number on the rav 4 before they even found it. Lots of things that make you go hmmmmm. Craziness I tell you craziness.

I'm glad you brought up Jodi! Who does 7 months in jail for a DUI? And yes, it seems like they abused their power and used the no contact order to harass them both. In addition, they kept trying to get her to turn on SA, and when that didn't pan out, set their sites on Brendan.

I realize that was the view from the documentary point of view. I'd like to know more about why Jodi served 7 months in jail for a DUI. Most people do a little jail time, lose their license & pay a fine - unless it was a 3rd or 4th offense.

Also, can't remember why there was a no contact order?

And finally they just made it impossible for her to not move away and cease contact. Was this for her own good? Is it legal? Or was it just to punish SA even more?

Seemed unusually harsh to me, considering the repeat offenders that go in and out of jail without this much scrutiny on their day to day life.

Would be interesting to see if we can find a copy of that alternative suspect post, I just figured it would always be there. There are reddits on the topic, but everything I find now, links to that page, instead of posting the content.

If it does come back up, someone should copy/paste it. It's a real longshot imo. But on some of the reddits, I remember people claiming that they had made contact with him etc. Pictures of a guy with a big old burn scar on him.

But, without something like a name and document of him being interviewed or anything for that matter, how can it be taken seriously ?

When I read that post, I was very skeptical. Either way, if it shows up again, I will screen grab it.

Okay this is maddening. I've only seen the first one so far but I knew there was some serious hink going on. I spent today reading most of the first thread and right now I'm watching this interview with Brenden [video=youtube;7t_1rOjtxpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_1rOjtxpA[/video] from March 2006. This kid changes his story as often as he blinks & picks at his hands. He actually sounds like he's making it up as he goes along.

I just don't know what to believe at this point.

I thought it interesting that the above film (01MAR2006P1), at 11:46 am (near the end of the film), the recorder suddenly jumps to 12:24 pm (which is about 53 min, 41 sec into the film). That's a 38 minute gap. Then, at 12:28 pm, four minutes later, they say, "Let's take a little break."

What about the 38 minute "break" that they had just taken only four minutes earlier? What did they not want us to see in that missing 38 minute section?

If you watched the Netflix show, when he took the stand, he denied any of this happening and said he made it up and got it from a book he had read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper