Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about "Undecided, Didn't See the Trial, Don't Know if a new trial is warranted"

Agreed. I personally think he's definitely guilty, but my answer regarding my verdict is "Undecided, Didn't See the Trial, Don't Know if a new trial is warranted".

Personally, I believe that should be everyone's opinion at the moment, unless they've already seen the trial or spotted some kind of egregious court error (which would've have undoubtedly already led to Avery getting a retrial if there was one).

3202d77f.gif

EXCLUSIVE: 'I know they didn't do it.' New claim in Making a Murderer case from fellow prisoner – who tried to decapitate his ex with an ax hours after missing woman's car was found just 15 miles away

Lawyers for one of the two convicted men in Making a Murderer have been told of an extraordinary claim by another prisoner that he has proof of their innocence.

The violent offender, a regular customer of the salvage yard run by the family of the two men, sought out one of their mothers during a prison visit to tell her that her son, Brendan Dassey, and her brother Steven Avery, were wrongfully convicted of the killing.

Andres Fuentes Martinez, 52, is serving 30 years in Green Bay Correctional Institution after he severely wounded Charlene Edwards with an ax at their shared home in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, on November 5, 2005, while screaming 'die dirty b****' as he hacked at her.

His claim of the men's innocence is the latest twist in the case highlighted by Netflix's Making a Murderer, which has enthralled millions around the world.

[...]

Martinez's ex-wife, Verian Martinez, told Daily Mail Online that he had nothing to do with the Teresa Halbach murder and that the Avery family had tried before to pin it on him.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Mail OnLine

3202d77f.gif
EXCLUSIVE: 'I know they didn't do it.' New claim in Making a Murderer case from fellow prisoner – who tried to decapitate his ex with an ax hours after missing woman's car was found just 15 miles away

Lawyers for one of the two convicted men in Making a Murderer have been told of an extraordinary claim by another prisoner that he has proof of their innocence.

The violent offender, a regular customer of the salvage yard run by the family of the two men, sought out one of their mothers during a prison visit to tell her that her son, Brendan Dassey, and her brother Steven Avery, were wrongfully convicted of the killing.

Andres Fuentes Martinez, 52, is serving 30 years in Green Bay Correctional Institution after he severely wounded Charlene Edwards with an ax at their shared home in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, on November 5, 2005, while screaming 'die dirty b****' as he hacked at her.

His claim of the men's innocence is the latest twist in the case highlighted by Netflix's Making a Murderer, which has enthralled millions around the world.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

Mail OnLine

Well, if you check back there is a post I made about the Avery appeal. -- I asked if anyone had heard the name Andres Martinez before.

It's on page 30 of the appeal doc -- http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...73170424/avery+documents+2009+appeal+1-22.pdf

Maybe because of the close proximity of that attack in both time and distance ? I'm sure he's already given an alibi, right ? (yes, sarcasm)

But I have great doubt about whether Andres Martinez is the killer. I would imagine that most prisoners will try to maximize any situation where they could reasonably have knowledge to get something in return. So maybe he does indeed know something ? But out with it already, right ? haha

Well, if you check back there is a post I made about the Avery appeal. -- I asked if anyone had heard the name Andres Martinez before.

It's on page 30 of the appeal doc -- http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...73170424/avery+documents+2009+appeal+1-22.pdf

Maybe because of the close proximity of that attack in both time and distance ? I'm sure he's already given an alibi, right ? (yes, sarcasm)

I knew I had seen the name before. I wonder if he was there that day, the 31st.

I bet he was hunting anyway :thinking:

Wow, this is a funny quote regarding Martinez by his ex-wife :

She said: 'I know what they're trying to do because I heard this before. They're trying to say my ex-husband was out there. No, he was not out there.
'I know they are some crazy people, I don't care what anyone says. My ex-husband is not like that, you know he's kind of crazy, but not like that.'

He is just the kind of crazy that attempts to kill someone with an ax in front of her two kids.

Wow, this is a funny quote regarding Martinez by his ex-wife :

He is just the kind of crazy that attempts to kill someone with an ax in front of her two kids.

Well ya but, ya know, that was just a "misunderstanding" . :thinking:

Well ya but, ya know, that was just a "misunderstanding" . :thinking:

I was just going to reply with the same thing LOL uh huh but they are all kinda crazy LOL She also said something about the FBI meeting her and her son.... the FBI wasn't investigating this, to my knowledge.

I guess if it can be proven that he was around there that day, sure they should look at him. And him being there on November 5th.... would that give him the opportunity to dump some charred remains around the property before the police did a huge search? possibly. But for now... *shrug*

I was just going to reply with the same thing LOL uh huh but they are all kinda crazy LOL She also said something about the FBI meeting her and her son.... the FBI wasn't investigating this, to my knowledge.

I guess if it can be proven that he was around there that day, sure they should look at him. And him being there on November 5th.... would that give him the opportunity to dump some charred remains around the property before the police did a huge search? possibly. But for now... *shrug*

So being as he was arrested ,maybe German guy confessed to him as they were both in jail for crazy happenings with the womans.

I feel like there is going to be some punchline to a joke like ... So a German and a Cuban and Steve Avery walk in a junk yard...

I have a question. This bill of sale they show that was given to each of Teresa's Appointments before she left their residences and shown as evidence at the trial of Avery. OK questions about this piece of evidence that have been going through my mind. This piece of paper, looks blank to me, also a little yellow in color. Is this the carbon copy of the receipt? If so does this mean she had a book of top receipts with her customers names more clear on the upper copy. Was this something that was ever found in her Rav4 or anywhere? (((EDIT So the bill of sale was given to each customer for when they did sell the car, it was blank for that purpose.)))))

Also I thought there was a memory card or flash drive that was found in her car after it was located at the Avery's. Did this evidence ever get looked at?

good question MysticJynx, and I have never come across anything yet, but will keep my eye out now. The thought has crossed my mind about why he just left those laying around.... I mean, does he put that stuff down and then hurry up and go out and kill her? Does he place them there after she was killed? And if that is the case, should we expect at least a bit of blood on them? hers or his.
I picture him paying her (I wonder if there was a check/cash found in her SUV?), she hands him the paper and magazine... he puts them down (in his trailer where there is no evidence TH was in) and then what? Or she hands it to him ... at her truck.... he drops them and kills her, then later puts those in the trailer?

I have a question. This bill of sale they show that was given to each of Teresa's Appointments before she left their residences and shown as evidence at the trial of Avery. OK questions about this piece of evidence that have been going through my mind. This piece of paper, looks blank to me, also a little yellow in color. Is this the carbon copy of the receipt? If so does this mean she had a book of top receipts with her customers names more clear on the upper copy. Was this something that was ever found in her Rav4 or anywhere?

Also I thought there was a memory card or flash drive that was found in her car after it was located at the Avery's. Did this evidence ever get looked at?

I believe it's been established that she left "bill of sale" forms with each client she visited (along with a copy of the latest magazine). They were to be used after the cars were sold, just a little something Auto Trader provided gratis.

The "bill of sale" was NOT a receipt of payment for her services. It was a blank form to be used after a successful vehicle sale.

I have a question. This bill of sale they show that was given to each of Teresa's Appointments before she left their residences and shown as evidence at the trial of Avery. OK questions about this piece of evidence that have been going through my mind. This piece of paper, looks blank to me, also a little yellow in color. Is this the carbon copy of the receipt? If so does this mean she had a book of top receipts with her customers names more clear on the upper copy. Was this something that was ever found in her Rav4 or anywhere?

Yes, it was blank because it was a bill of sale for the car she was photographing, that was intended to be filled out between the owner of the car (Barb) and whoever ended up actually purchasing the car from her. Many were getting confused that it was a receipt for her taking pics, but it was just a form that was to be used when the car sold.

Right now, I'm 50/50 as to whether SA killed TH. I'm pretty convinced that there was chicanery on the part of the criminal justice system. I'm pretty convinced that Brendan is a victim in one way or another, whether because he is innocent or because his uncle dragged him into something horrible. (Although, his confessions remain suspect to me. When BD said, "cut her hair?" I almost couldn't believe it. That was just too much. He was guessing. Just guessing at at that point).

There are so many questions, this case twists up my head.

It's possible for SA to be guilty of the murder AND for LE/prosecution to have engaged in incompetent, unethical, or illegal behavior.
It's possible for SA to be a horrible person AND not be guilty of the murder.

Each new bit of information I read throws a new wrench into the works.

Something I seen on reddit and I haven't seen mentioned here before.... in WI, vehicles need both the front and back plates.... did they only find 1? Where is the other 1?

interesting to note too is that there was damage to the RAV4 when it was found... the front drivers side light, and if you look closely at the vehicle, according to some online, the wheel well is missing too (you can see the tire through the broken light)

Rav4.jpg

Something I seen on reddit and I haven't seen mentioned here before.... in WI, vehicles need both the front and back plates.... did they only find 1? Where is the other 1?

interesting to note too is that there was damage to the RAV4 when it was found... the front drivers side light, and if you look closely at the vehicle, according to some online, the wheel well is missing too (you can see the tire through the broken light)

View attachment 87322

Both plates were found according to the criminal complaints

thanks stephsb! Found it, both license plates were found in a scrapped vehicle, crumpled. (sounds like both were found in the same vehicle)

I believe it's been established that she left "bill of sale" forms with each client she visited (along with a copy of the latest magazine). They were to be used after the cars were sold, just a little something Auto Trader provided gratis.

The "bill of sale" was NOT a receipt of payment for her services. It was a blank form to be used after a successful vehicle sale.

That makes sense. thanks for clearing that up...

Still think she left the lot she did everything as she did the other customers upon leaving. Giving them the magazine and that blank bill of sale for use after the car was sold. Did the other two customers say where she was when she handed them the same two items. Steven Avery said she was sitting in the car already. Was that where she was when she gave the other two people the same items?

Both plates were found according to the criminal complaints
What about the light that is missing from the front? It is seen in a photo of the back. looks like there is maybe a scratch too right under that light. Also the wheel well is missing from that tire there. How did this come about and when?

thanks stephsb! Found it, both license plates were found in a scrapped vehicle, crumpled. (sounds like both were found in the same vehicle)

Agreed, that was the impression I got as well. I believe investigators tried to get Brendan to say that he saw Steven put the license plates in a scrapped car, or that Brendan put them in the car, so they were likely found in one car if that's what they were trying to get Brendan to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck