Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the light that is missing from the front? It is seen in a photo of the back. looks like there is maybe a scratch too right under that light. Also the wheel well is missing from that tire there. How did this come about and when?

I am not sure it's been stated when the damage happened or how. I could be wrong on this, someone correct me if I am

Also go back and read the statements dassey does make that are consistent. He got off the bus, went home played video games talked to his mom, brother went trick or treating with his friend, mom goes see ST's mother in the hospital, He gets a call from his brothers boss, whom is told brother is out. He eats and watches tv, Gets a call for the bonfire, which he once stated others were invited too. Goes by steven starts the bonfire, has branches and wood, cabinet, bench and some tires in it. picked it up with the golf cart, the suzuki was in the garage. Steven poked something that leaked they cleaned it up and he went home. It is only when the investigators want him to remember the lies they are feeding that he becomes inconsistent. God the kid didn't even know what Inconsistent meant. Shakes head. I don't know.

Agreed, Brendan's statements never became inconsistent until LE started to feed him information. I don't believe this is because they are "breaking him" but rather feeding him their false narrative that makes no sense w. the facts and evidence.

What about the light that is missing from the front? It is seen in a photo of the back. looks like there is maybe a scratch too right under that light. Also the wheel well is missing from that tire there. How did this come about and when?

Because they had no key and they were not able to somehow get the car into neutral, they used a piece of car moving machinery that is at the junk yard to get the car out from between the vehicles in front and back of it.

That is how the car was damaged.

I have witnessed this kind of thing at a junkyard. You go there to get a part for your car, but first you walk around looking for a car that matches the car you need a part for. When you locate that car, and if it's not in a good location for you to get to a given part, they will use a big machine to move that car out so you can tear the part out or inspect the vehicle. They might need to move several cars to get to the car you are trying to look at / work with.

Keep in mind that the machine used is designed to move junked cars, so it's not gentle with the vehicle :)

here's an example, even though I'm not sure this is the same piece of machinery used :

[video=youtube;OZDGv_50EdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZDGv_50EdQ[/video]

I think you can get an idea from this how you might cause damage to the car in the process of moving it. The Rav4 was between 2 other cars, so I saw it mentioned that they had trouble getting it out.

wait... they used machinery at the Salvage yard to move the vehicle??? or are you just speculating Max?

https://soundcloud.com/am900chml/making-a-murderer-is-the-new-hot-show-from-netflix
interesting interview with Dean Strang. around the 11 minute mark he talks about the vial of blood and says the prosecution never fully explained it, he makes a comment about the hole and 'spatter' around it. It's a good interview, not really much new, but I like him and he sounds like a lot of us..... he really isn't sure about SA's guilt/innocence.

How did SA allegedly bleed inside the car from his finger but leave no finger prints anywhere on or in the vehicle?

wait... they used machinery at the Salvage yard to move the vehicle??? or are you just speculating Max?

That would explain why they did not dust the bumper and lens area where the damage was done to the car. The whole hood has finger print dust on it the last photo posted on the thread but the side mirrors and bumper do not.

http://www.michaelspratt.com/poadcast-legal-matters/

I just wanted to include this. The Docket has a very insightful podcast they are doing breaking down each individual episode and the best part is that they have all sides covered with a defence attorney, a prosecutor and a former Supreme Court justice discussing it. I should mention that they are Canadian but it is still a very interesting listen. :)

Does anyone know the answer to this ? Who were the victims of the two Avery brother's sexual assault charges ? I do not mean their identities. But SA eluded to one of his brothers treatment of women who came to the yard. Do we know if any of the victims were a regular stranger/ customer to the salvage yard and were assaulted at the yard? I mean it's an awful crime either way but it would be very interesting if a random customer was assaulted and not a contact or something like that. Also, did those brothers serve time for the crimes ? T IA

How did SA allegedly bleed inside the car from his finger but leave no finger prints anywhere on or in the vehicle?

It's been speculated that a cut could bleed through a glove, and that possibly by wiping his forehead(or some similar action) then touching the hood latch he could have left DNA behind.

Does anyone know the answer to this ? Who were the victims of the two Avery brother's sexual assault charges ? I do not mean their identities. But SA eluded to one of his brothers treatment of women who came to the yard. Do we know if any of the victims were a regular stranger/ customer to the salvage yard and were assaulted at the yard? I mean it's an awful crime either way but it would be very interesting if a random customer was assaulted and not a contact or something like that. Also, did those brothers serve time for the crimes ? T IA

Great, and relevant, questions IMO, which I have no answer to.

EA's were for his two daughters, it was a third degree sexual assault charge which I believe he did some time for. CA's was his ex-wife, who he forcibly raped. He took a plea w. A deferred prosecution I believe, so the charges were dropped after he fulfilled the conditions of his agreement. CCAP has the summary of these charges I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly O/T but not really. I saw an episode of Dateline last night. It' s not at all similar to the SA case but the one thing that struck me was the evidence. In this dateline episode ( shining star ) there is some evidence of a different perp. The DA in this case says the suspect 'planted' the evidence to throw off LE . I just found it interesting if anyone wants to give it a look.

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/full-episode--shining-star-490956355836

It's been speculated that a cut could bleed through a glove, and that possibly by wiping his forehead(or some similar action) then touching the hood latch he could have left DNA behind.

My hang up with this is: Are they brand new gloves? If not, and he's worn these gloves (or they've been worn by someone else) why isn't there more DNA left behind?

Hi all,

Some comments...I read through nearly the entire original Teresa Halbach thread from 2005/2006 and some of these MaM threads.

What really gets to me is that the key, so conveniently found by Manitowoc sheriff deputy Lenk, was not found in the first searches. Police TEAR things apart when they search, especially in a murder. That cabinet had to have been rocked before that day. And it had SA's DNA but not TH's? I'm sure my keys have my own DNA all over them...but related to the key, I have a question for someone more knowledgeable than myself in DNA evidence: can sweat DNA be easily transferred onto other objects? Kratz made (and still to this day makes) a huge deal about SA being a sweaty guy ("full of sweat" he said in the press conference following BD's confession)...could the DNA on the key have been transferred by, say, rubbing the key on a sweaty T-shirt? I just think the key is too convenient.

Also, the state seems to argue that SA was both hilariously stupid (leaving the key, the car, the bones, to be easily found all over his property) and also a genius (cleaning that garage to remove ONLY TH's DNA -- but not his own blood)...it really doesn't make sense. Why clean the garage but leave the other evidence?

I honestly do not know what happened to TH. I have my own theories -- I think a couple of SA's relatives could have done it and if police did plant evidence, it's only because they truly thought that SA was guilty and wanted to ensure a speedy arrest/conviction. It's hard to say whether I agree with the jury's decision because we did not see the entire trial, but from what I have seen and read...I believe there is at the very least reasonable doubt.

Hi all,

Some comments...I read through nearly the entire original Teresa Halbach thread from 2005/2006 and some of these MaM threads.

What really gets to me is that the key, so conveniently found by Manitowoc sheriff deputy Lenk, was not found in the first searches. Police TEAR things apart when they search, especially in a murder. That cabinet had to have been rocked before that day. And it had SA's DNA but not TH's? I'm sure my keys have my own DNA all over them...but related to the key, I have a question for someone more knowledgeable than myself in DNA evidence: can sweat DNA be easily transferred onto other objects? Kratz made (and still to this day makes) a huge deal about SA being a sweaty guy ("full of sweat" he said in the press conference following BD's confession)...could the DNA on the key have been transferred by, say, rubbing the key on a sweaty T-shirt? I just think the key is too convenient.

Also, the state seems to argue that SA was both hilariously stupid (leaving the key, the car, the bones, to be easily found all over his property) and also a genius (cleaning that garage to remove ONLY TH's DNA -- but not his own blood)...it really doesn't make sense. Why clean the garage but leave the other evidence?

I honestly do not know what happened to TH. I have my own theories -- I think a couple of SA's relatives could have done it and if police did plant evidence, it's only because they truly thought that SA was guilty and wanted to ensure a speedy arrest/conviction. It's hard to say whether I agree with the jury's decision because we did not see the entire trial, but from what I have seen and read...I believe there is at the very least reasonable doubt.

BBM or, IMO, it was to do with his compensation claim against them, which because it wasn't covered by the insurers, would have fallen to them personally.

My hang up with this is: Are they brand new gloves? If not, and he's worn these gloves (or they've been worn by someone else) why isn't there more DNA left behind?

In terms of the blood, if he was bleeding that day and not before, does it matter if they are new or not ?

For the sweat DNA, where was that found ? Latch ? Where you'd be applying pressure and increasing the chance of DNA from sweat/skin transferring.

It's not like they tested every inch of the rav4 for DNA, just the likely areas if you look at the reports.

Door handle , steering wheel etc. But what part of the glove makes contact and with what level of pressure is relevant. Was his glove soaked in sweat, even if he used it before ?

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think that it'd be implausible to think he'd use new gloves, even if just by coincidence.

Nothing factual here, but I don't think anyone can deny that it's plausible. If it was know that the gloves were worn often, then your suggestion is a good one. agreed. But still doesn't make it implausible for blood/dna to be found in only certain areas.

Hi all,

d60faa277251735789ccbaa67c788cc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I knew LOL! And one would think if they were plastic disposable gloves or plastic cleaning gloves he would notice he cut himself and the glove and was bleeding through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87