Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. Transcript of Brendan's trial - pages 174 and 175 the jeans with bleach stains are introduced. They also collected the shoes and jacket BD said he was wearing the night of Oct. 31. Edited here to correct: earlier posted 1 set of handcuffs and 2 sets of fur-lined leg irons were found in his Mom's (Ms. Janda or now Mrs. Tadych's) bedroom. It was 2 sets of handcuffs.

A set of handcuffs and a set of leg irons found in SA's trailer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9ow4lwzec007mi/dassey_4_16_07.pdf?dl=0

Reading Kratz's opening is just painful. Uh, uh, uh. I'm only on part 1 of transcript.

He does do a good job of making you think Brendan's confession included information yet unknown to law enforcement, and then corroborated by the evidence found...as if his confession led them to the evidence. After knowing what I know, it could also be how they made evidence fit the story.

My biggest reasonable doubt moment thus far is that none of TH's hair or DNA or blood was on BD's shoes, pants, jacket, underwear etc. that he wore on Oct. 31 - despite a few bleach stains. These people are experts at getting rid of DNA despite very low IQs. That's hard for me to get past.

Another interesting note: At the beginning there is a discussion outside jury's presence about Brendan's May 13th interview - the defense mentioned it in opening, but prosecution says they may not introduce it in their case-in-chief, maybe in rebuttal, if at all, and want to make sure that defense cannot bring it up, even on cross of officer. I guess I will find out why they want to preclude that interview.

Another tidbit I didn't know...TH had Daisy Fuentes jeans from Kohl's. Her sister teased her about them, that's how she knew. Her sister went through all of her clothes to determine what was missing and those jeans were. The rivets of those jeans say Daisy Fuentes on them. All but 1 of the rivets was found in a burn site and collected, not sure which site.

Happy reading to you if you choose to wade through the transcripts. I am compelled to, because I don't trust a lot of info that's just posted, so I dive in. Who's in?

My biggest reasonable doubt moment thus far is that none of TH's hair or DNA or blood was on BD's shoes, pants, jacket, underwear etc. that he wore on Oct. 31 - despite a few bleach stains. These people are experts at getting rid of DNA despite very low IQs. That's hard for me to get past.

It was mentioned up-thread how very odd it was that the police, searching Avery's home, were sitting on the bed. In the documentary, the forensic investigator who conducted DNA profiling did not do so on bed sheets or the carpeting from Avery's bedroom. Meaning, no one involved in the investigation actually believed TH was in Avery's bed. If they did, it would have been treated as a crime scene (like the garage and burn pit were).

It was mentioned up-thread how very odd it was that the police, searching Avery's home, were sitting on the bed. In the documentary, the forensic investigator who conducted DNA profiling did not do so on bed sheets or the carpeting from Avery's bedroom. Meaning, no one involved in the investigation actually believed TH was in Avery's bed. If they did, it would have been treated as a crime scene (like the garage and burn pit were).

They were not really treated like a crime scene either. No evidence flags, no fire investigator ,no pictures of the RAV4 .

They were not really treated like a crime scene either. No evidence flags, no fire investigator ,no pictures of the RAV4 .

The burn pit had tape around it and markers while the garage had several markers throughout. Can't really comment much on how they treated the RAV4, but they did have a number of photos of it.

I don't think so. Some maybe. As for the cuffs and leg irons...they were purchased, but found in the trailer, not burn barrel and had no trace of TH on them. This site link at the bottom is a good compilation of pics, documents, transcripts, etc.

It makes no sense that Brendan's pants had bleach stains when it has been shown the garage was not bleached. If they were, were they presented in court? I haven't gotten through the entire trial transcript yet.

The towel incident and TH's prior complaints about SA were not admissible - I believe because they were hearsay, which is inherently unreliable, and there was no corroborating evidence.

Check out this link:
http://pastebin.com/S1DERiFb

They were presented I believe at Brendan's trial. I am almost positive of this. Interestingly enough, no mention of the other stains supposedly on his pants that they never tested and Barb never mentioned.

I don't question bleach being on his pants, but i do not believe they came from Steven's garage. Not at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The burn pit had tape around it and markers while the garage had several markers throughout. Can't really comment much on how they treated the RAV4, but they did have a number of photos of it.

During Brendan's trial (I'll look into finding the exact page numbers from the transcript) the State's expert, who testified in both the trials, testified about when he was initially called to come from Madison, he asked that the vehicle be covered with a tarp to protect it from weather. When he got on the scene, he testified the vehicle was not covered, and it rained on and off for a few hours before the vehicle was taken off to the lab in Madison. The experts name was John Earl. Just another example of questionable crime scene management.

Sorry for the edit, sent too soon (thanks Tapatalk)

The only photos they had of the car were the ones Mrs Sturm took.

The only photos they had of the car were the ones Mrs Sturm took.

I think there are others. I recall seeing photos of the damage done to the wheel well. Again, I can't comment on how appropriately the car was searched or treated.

BBM - how sad is it that I would rather have Strang and Buting!!! What does that tell you about Minitowoc County!!!

Are Strang and Buting Steven's lawyers? The two dark haired men with glasses? I ws telling DH how I would love to have them for my atty if I needed anything. They seem very wise, thorough and passionate about their work. I think they did a great job , considering what was allowed in and not allowed in by the judge.

Are you referring to the private FB page that you have to ask to join?
ETA: I intended to quote Dexter75's post. Stupid phone

I think there are others. I recall seeing photos of the damage done to the wheel well. Again, I can't comment on how appropriately the car was searched or treated.

I think the other photos were taken once the vehicle arrived at the State Crime Lab. JMO

Those were taken at the depot, I believe. The only ones taken at the scene were by the Sturm woman.

I was listening to that interview Steven gave the media outside his trailer when Teresa was first reported missing.

He's asked if she said where she was going after she left him.

He says (something like): "Not really. She always just takes the pictures, comes and gets the money and then leaves".

Now, this interested me. He is clearly lumping this last visit in with all the other visits Teresa has made there....there's no difference in his mind. It was all just the same...nothing out of the ordinary to remember.

Would this be the case if he knew she'd never left because he'd attacked and murdered her? Wouldn't he have a better, more detailed story cooked up?

And that Auto Trader magazine. It is clear to me that Teresa never set foot in that trailer. If she had and been overpowered in there, her DNA or fingerprints would be present - stray hairs, saliva from shouting etc. But there's nothing.

So, are we expected to believe he attacked her outside, drove her away in her car....and then remembered to take his complimentary copy of Auto Trader and a bill of sale paper back to his trailer?

Seriously?

The more I think about this, the more and more certain I am that he is entirely innocent.

How devastating. How truly devastating that this should happen to him TWICE. To sit in there knowing that he has virtually no chance of getting out, that half of his family have deserted him, missing seeing his children and grandchild grow up.

If Colborn or Lenk have a an ounce of decency inside them they'll realise what they've done and come clean. If they can't man up and face prison like Steven has had to do then maybe they should consider removing themselves from our planet altogether once they've confessed.

And may the sherrif's department go bankrupt with the millions upon millions that they have to pay Steven.

Strang has said on a few interviews over the last couple of days, when asked, that he's not convinced that Steven's innocent but he's certainly not convinced that he's guilty either. If you put Dean Strang into YouTube you get a couple of hits.

Haven't read anywhere that they used their own investigators. Most criminal lawyers do, though, don't they?

Judging by his twitter, Buting certainly doesn't like Kratz, that's for sure!

Thanks for the tip on the Strang interviews, will give those a look later today. I have followed Buting's posts on Twitter, and agree he is certainly not a fan of Kratz (then again, who is lol) I enjoy hearing from Avery's attorneys and hope they keep the media attention on this- they are doing great things for their client

Most defense firms have investigators they work with, and because of the high profile nature of Avery's case and numerous questions about the State's story, I feel like they probably did. They certainly presented viable alternate suspects in the appeals, and reasoning on why they should have been considered, so it appears someone was doing investigative work somewhere.

I wish there was a picture of the vehicle Avery and his sister were trying to sell.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/witness-says-she-saw-victim-later-b99642985z1-363818721.html

Lisa Buchner, who drove the bus that took Dassey's younger brothers to and from school, said she remembered the scene because she wondered why the woman was taking photographs of "that piece of junk."

They showed it in the documentary i don't remember what episode. I saw it last week but it was like an old red dodge caravan or something similar? It looked like it was about 15 years old or so. A beater vehicle.

I was listening to that interview Steven gave the media outside his trailer when Teresa was first reported missing.

He's asked if she said where she was going after she left him.

He says (something like): "Not really. She always just takes the pictures, comes and gets the money and then leaves".

Now, this interested me. He is clearly lumping this last visit in with all the other visits Teresa has made there....there's no difference in his mind. It was all just the same...nothing out of the ordinary to remember.

Would this be the case if he knew she'd never left because he'd attacked and murdered her? Wouldn't he have a better, more detailed story cooked up?

And that Auto Trader magazine. It is clear to me that Teresa never set foot in that trailer. If she had and been overpowered in there, her DNA or fingerprints would be present - stray hairs, saliva from shouting etc. But there's nothing.

So, are we expected to believe he attacked her outside, drove her away in her car....and then remembered to take his complimentary copy of Auto Trader and a bill of sale paper back to his trailer?

Seriously?

The more I think about this, the more and more certain I am that he is entirely innocent.

How devastating. How truly devastating that this should happen to him TWICE. To sit in there knowing that he has virtually no chance of getting out, that half of his family have deserted him, missing seeing his children and grandchild grow up.

If Colborn or Lenk have a an ounce of decency inside them they'll realise what they've done and come clean. If they can't man up and face prison like Steven has had to do then maybe they should consider removing themselves from our planet altogether once they've confessed.

And may the sherrif's department go bankrupt with the millions upon millions that they have to pay Steven.

He could have thought that it'd be best to act normal, but something tells me Steven isn't the brightest and probably said something close to the truth, I just don't see him capable of the huge elaborate coverup they believe he did. That comment is interesting for sure.

I agree 100 percent that Teresa was not in that trailer. There is no way he cleaned up the trace evidence she would have left behind (prints, saliva, hair, etc.) Steven was not a crime scene investigator, I doubt he would even know all the various trace evidence she could leave behind so he could eliminate it. I'm not willing to say I am certain he's innocent, but the case for it seems more and more compelling.

Thanks for the tip on the Strang interviews, will give those a look later today. I have followed Buting's posts on Twitter, and agree he is certainly not a fan of Kratz (then again, who is lol) I enjoy hearing from Avery's attorneys and hope they keep the media attention on this- they are doing great things for their client

Most defense firms have investigators they work with, and because of the high profile nature of Avery's case and numerous questions about the State's story, I feel like they probably did. They certainly presented viable alternate suspects in the appeals, and reasoning on why they should have been considered, so it appears someone was doing investigative work somewhere.

I've just watched the series again (felt like I missed a lot in the first binge!) and Strang and Buting definitely had their own investigator - now I can't remember his name ... Baet or something like that. I think I last saw him in episode 8 - bald guy who was commenting on O'Kelly's unethical behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay