Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
avery called and *specifically* requested halbach for the photos and gave B. Janda as the name.

Unsure why SA asked for Teresa specifically, but it was said somewhere that he gave AutoTrader Barb's name and number, because she was the one selling the van that Teresa was coming to photograph.

I've just finished reading the entire thread from 2006. It's amazing to see the difference, and how 100% sure everyone was of guilt, and how they wished the death penalty was reinstated.

Hardly surprising that they were found guilty when everyone wanted them fried before the trial even began.

I've just finished reading the entire thread from 2006. It's amazing to see the difference, and how 100% sure everyone was of guilt, and how they wished the death penalty was reinstated.

Hardly surprising that they were found guilty when everyone wanted them fried before the trial even began.

I read a few early posts and there were at least some, I think, that were suggesting a possible police stitch up. But that all changed when Brendan was charged and Kratz held his not-for-children press conference. Everyone thought he was guilty after that....not surprisingly.

Kratz has a lot to answer for.

The original thread from 2006 goes to show how dumb people are and how they will believe any garbage the media feeds them.

Great post, and I agree with every word.

I've always hesitated to say this because I realise it sounds lame.....but his innocence shone through to me in those taped police interviews. He was frustrated more than angry. He wasn't trying to lay out a story which, if he was guilty, he would have to have cooked up in advance. He was adding no superfluous details...the great tell of a liar....he was simply answering the questions with a rising sense of frustration and controlled panic.

Of course, all we saw was a few moments from probably hours of interviews and I am aware of that but his calls from prison had the same sense of frustration....and a certain amount of resignation.

Also, I've been thinking about Colborn and his first discussion with Steven...the one where he said Steven said he'd never spoken to Teresa. I don't think Colborn was lying, actually.

Remember the first media interview Steven gave? He's asked if Teresa said where she was going afterwards and he said, "Not really. She always just took the photos, came and got the money and left".

I can imagine that if he gave Colborn the same sort of answer this could easily translate into, "He said he didn't speak to her".

And....Steven asking for Teresa again. She was self-employed, presumably paid a commission from Auto Trader.

Steven: Oh, we'll be putting in another ad for another car in a few weeks.
Teresa: That's fine. Just call the office and ask for me and I'll come by again, no problem.

I am pretty sure every person working on a commission will have said this to a customer at some point.

So he asks for her again.....and this proves he's sexually obsessed with her!

No evidence of stalkerish phone calls from him before that day and when he asks for her he apparently doesn't even know her name even though he's seen her 6 times before! That's a very low key sexual obsession, huh?

Maybe she had done a very good job in the past and was happy with her work. I would also imagine that he would give Barbs information as that is what would be appearing in the ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what took longer, watching the entire docuseries or getting through the 78 pages of this thread LOL

This whole thing has my head spinning. I am still not sure of my opinion of guilty or not honestly.. I walked away from the show thinking he was totally innocent but some things I am reading do pose some serious questions that make me wonder otherwise.

To me, this seems like the worst processed "crime scene" I have ever heard of. The RAV4 seems to have no LE processing around it at all, right? No pictures from the scene taken by the police. No attempt at processing the items that were 'hiding it'. How about tire tracks leading there? Foot prints to and from? It wasn't just lowered there. If a sled were to be dragged behind the cart SURELY that would leave deep marks in the ground. This is October in WI.. it's muddy and the ground is soft.

Another thing I am wondering about is the fire pit. IF a body were to be burned in there - 1) I think it would take one hell of a fire and more time than a few hours to bring the body to the cremain state they were found in BUT 2) Wouldn't some sort of forensics be able to be performed on the ground to confirm this? The body fat would seep into the soil below one would think (especially if there was still muscle tissue attached to some).

As repeated over and over in this thread - I'm on the 'Where is the blood' bus. Lord knows, not a single person on that property is capable of cleaning a crime scene like this. Bleach, no bleach, gas, turpentine - I don't care what they used.. There were far too many variables all around (items in the house, garage, grass/ground when moving the body - heck even their own clothes and shoes). Just no.

One thing that is bothering me is Theresa's video, I think it was in episode 1. Does that not strike anyone else as strange? If I were to die, not saying I want to die, but if I WERE to die - I lived a happy life. ?!??!? What the heck?? Kind of sounds to me like she was thinking she might die soon, either at her own hand or someone else? Just weird.

On that note.. I find it hard to believe that LE would just take her out for set up. I do think, however, if they were to *find* her dead (from her own hand or not) it would be a super convenient answer to the impending payout looming and the mud on their faces from the wrongful conviction. Now.. why she would be going about her day and doing her job and just decide to off herself makes no sense to me.. but who knows. Accidental shooting from hunters? Possible - but I think Oct 31 is still bow season.

Anyway.. just thinking out loud. I came back to WS to think this through with ya'll. I can't handle reading anon internet posts on news articles.. some people post with zero research.. it's painful to weed through those.

I really think, even since the Anthony verdict.. being judged by a jury of your peers is no longer going to work as well as it once did. People just don't care enough anymore. It's all about them - they don't care, they want to go home and whatever it takes to get the heck out of there is what they'll do. It's sad but it really seems like it's the case more and more.

ETA - I'm from WI.. and we prefer 'cheese heads' ;)

This is one I've been thinking about many times. Could some members of LE been hunting illegally with guns in bow season? Had a pretty big accident taking Teresa's life ? Then , knowing they'd be in huge trouble, orchestrated the whole thing to their own benefit ? I cannot fathom LE killing an innocent woman on purpose for the purpose of setting up SA. But if there was an accident and that accident might get someone else in trouble, then you've got two birds, one stone.
Another thing I've wondered and this is **Wild Speculation** is could Teresa have been having a very secret affair with someone in LE ? We don't know of a ' current boyfriend' , correct? Like I say totally speculative, but I've been thinking what kind of people other than Averys might want her dead ? Not saying Averys are all innocent, just what if ....

I would not sign a petition to have them ' pardoned'. I am not convinced of their innocence OR guilt. I do wish they would both get a new ' fair trial ' though.
I feel SA is likely involved. But I would need a whole lot more convincing to put him in prison for life. I feel Brendan is almost certainly NOT involved. They need new trials, not pardoned.
You pardon when you can say that person is innocent like in his first conviction.

Ten years later and we know where Kratz is now but how about the others ?

I would not sign a petition to have them ' pardoned'. I am not convinced of their innocence OR guilt. I do wish they would both get a new ' fair trial ' though.
I feel SA is likely involved. But I would need a whole lot more convincing to put him in prison for life. I feel Brendan is almost certainly NOT involved. They need new trials, not pardoned.
You pardon when you can say that person is innocent like in his first conviction.

I am with you. I cant say they are innocent. I can say I think they are ,but I am not signing get out of jail card on what I think. I mean I am wrong sometimes.

Agree! How does everyone make the leap to a pardon! My take away from the docu-series was that the evidence and trials were mishandled, and they deserve a fair trial where at the start there is a presumption of innocence.

As of Dec. 23, 2015 when this article was published, Len Kachinsky was still an active defense lawyer for Sission & Kachinsky Law Offices in Appleton, Wisconsin, and in his biography on his law office's website, he wrote "I take seriously 'innocent until proven guilty.'" His bio has since been taken down. I think he also had to remove his Twitter account as he was being slammed by public outrage.

Editing to add link where I obtained the above info.: http://www.bustle.com/articles/1308...-murderer-had-a-complicated-time-on-the-trial

http://www.khou.com/story/news/nati...-murderer-movie-documentary-netflix/78252702/

IDK if this has been shared. ''Sheriff: 'Making a Murderer' is not a documentary''

Maybe not but he has a blatant lie right there in the article. "Hermann said Manitowoc County turned the case over to Calumet County Sheriff's Department"... They pretended to turn the case over to the other county - but they were all over the property - often without supervision of the other county's officers. That is documented as they are on video and did not deny their presence when confronted on the stand under oath.

I am with you. I cant say they are innocent. I can say I think they are ,but I am not signing get out of jail card on what I think. I mean I am wrong sometimes.

Do you believe what Blackstone stated? "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer".

avery called and *specifically* requested halbach for the photos and gave B. Janda as the name.

Unsure why SA asked for Teresa specifically, but it was said somewhere that he gave AutoTrader Barb's name and number, because she was the one selling the van that Teresa was coming to photograph.

This honestly doesn't bother me at all. It's likely she is one of a very few local area photographers that do work for Auto Trader (probably freelance). She'd been there a few times so he was at least familiar with her methods and felt comfortable with her. As mentioned elsewhere, if you're freelance and commissioned by a magazine you will absolutely suggest to the client that they request you specifically, because that means more pay for you (I'm a freelancer, return clients are essential). The fact that he didn't remember her name tells me that he's comfy enough with her that he probably doesn't feel he has to babysit her while she's on his property, but that he wasn't interested enough in her to remember her name. He's not a bright dude, I don't think he would have the forethought to not say her name specifically if he was planning to murder her. Again, giving Barb's name means nothing to me as well, maybe it's a requirement to give the name of the actual seller of the vehicle, not sure, but either way it was her van. All, JMO!

Agree! How does everyone make the leap to a pardon! My take away from the docu-series was that the evidence and trials were mishandled, and they deserve a fair trial where at the start there is a presumption of innocence.

I'm not 100% convinced of innocence but I think the conviction should be overturned due to mistrial for sure. A retrial would be necessary AFTER investigating ALL leads, IMO.

Do you believe what Blackstone stated? "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer".

Anyone who would disagree with this statement should be ready to be the one innocent person to suffer so that 10 guilty people won't go free.

ETA - And we already know that SA has already been that one innocent person to suffer once before for 18 years. I guess if he's innocent again, does that mean he satisfies the requirement for 20 guilty people to not be free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!