Netherlands Netherlands - Schiedam, WhtFem, 16-24, 5'3'', 12 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update from the Opsporing Verzocht site on 30-10-2018. Schiedam - Reconstructie gezicht in cold case vermoorde vrouw

Update There have been more than 65 tips since the broadcast, including the origin of the victim, her clothing and the linen. But there are also possible names mentioned! The detective is working on it.
Thanks, eager to learn more- this sounds promising!
csm_118446_cc-Schiedam_so_d3ac8e5241.jpg

csm_118446_cc-Schiedam_broek_eebe9b08ab.jpg

csm_118446_cc-Schiedam_2luik_onderkleding_213479bac0.jpg

csm_118446_cc-Schiedam_2luik_hoes_179f5116e5.jpg

csm_118446_cc-Schiedam_koffer_fbc31b3aad.jpg

Last edited:
She was not in the suitcase with duvets, only with 2 duvet-c0vers and this orange sheet. I reminds me of a bed sheet from the 70's and if you ask me not a color or pattern what a Dutch family would have used in 2005, also not as a table cloth, because it would have been totally out of fashion.

Thank you. You made me double check the duvet details. Most articles do state two sheet covers (dekbedhoezen) only and no actual duvets.

But when I look at their newly released photo, you can clearly see there is duvet present inside the one cover sheet on the left with red flowers. The other one does look empty.

duvets-torbecke-girl-jpg.152989

Appologies in front for gruesome detials - Cover sheet on the right seems to have much more human residue. I assume that she was wrapped in that one first and then flower one was dragged from her own ready bed and wrapped around her as 2nd layer at the end.

Not sure where unusual orange sheet would fit in into this picture but all I know that all the materials came definitely from someone's home with at least two people living there at that time.

Whatever happened to that poor girl seems to be very graphic :(.

Thank you. You made me double check the duvet details. Most articles do state two sheet covers (dekbedhoezen) only and no actual duvets.

But when I look at their newly released photo, you can clearly see there is duvet present inside the one cover sheet on the left with red flowers. The other one does look empty.

Appologies in front for gruesome detials - Cover sheet on the right seems to have much more human residue. I assume that she was wrapped in that one first and then flower one was dragged from her own ready bed and wrapped around her as 2nd layer at the end.

Not sure where unusual orange sheet would fit in into this picture but all I know that all the materials came definitely from someone's home with at least two people living there at that time.

Whatever happened to that poor girl seems to be very graphic :(.[/QUOTE

Whatever happened to that poor girl seems to be very graphic :(.

Hi Al Ka, I was thinking the same thing about the duvet being inside on of the covers (with red flowers), but why wouldn't they mention that if it was. Anyways, I think you are right about the order she was wrapped in the covers, because of the stains, and the domestic environment. But at the same time I'm wondering about that. Say she was killed on a made bed (with duvet) that would mean they took that out of the cover, what doesn't sound logical to me. If there was blood, the duvet would also be stained. Most likely this one came from a closet. If she hadn't been wounded, there would be no need to wrap more sheets around her. Sorry rambling.....

Sorry, something went wrong. Ignore #124

Hi Al Ka, I was thinking the same thing about the duvet being inside on of the covers (with red flowers), but why wouldn't they mention that if it was. Anyways, I think you are right about the order she was wrapped in the covers, because of the stains, and the domestic environment. But at the same time I'm wondering about that. Say she was killed on a made bed (with duvet) that would mean they took that out of the cover, what doesn't sound logical to me. If there was blood, the duvet would also be stained. Most likely this one came from a closet. If she hadn't been wounded, there would be no need to wrap more sheets around her. Sorry rambling.....

From assumed multiple serious injuries which caused her death and quite a rage involved in it I somehow doubt she was sleeping and in bed. For all we know they both could be standing face to face and some argument or fight broke which escalated.

Yes, sheets she was wrapped in definitely came from closet just don't know how many, one, two or all three (if no duvet in). You know how when you pull out in hurry something very quickly from closet and multiple things fall out..

And some sheet/s from those could be also from made up bed.

Quite interesting (Dutch) article -Facial Reconstruction:

"It turns out that the audience recognizes a face very difficult without texture around it: make up, hair. That is why we no longer present those old-fashioned heads on TV, but black-and-white photos of the face."
‘Toen ik aan de reconstructie van het Hollandse meisje werkte, was mijn dochter van die leeftijd’ | TROUW

Not quite related to this young woman but thought it was worth a read/mention,this part of Forensic Area (article).

Quite interesting (Dutch) article -Facial Reconstruction:

"It turns out that the audience recognizes a face very difficult without texture around it: make up, hair. That is why we no longer present those old-fashioned heads on TV, but black-and-white photos of the face."
‘Toen ik aan de reconstructie van het Hollandse meisje werkte, was mijn dochter van die leeftijd’ | TROUW

Not quite related to this young woman but thought it was worth a read/mention,this part of Forensic Area (article).

Thanks Worldwatcher (nice name btw). A very interesting read.

Google will not translate this for me so unsure if this female is missing or was murdered. Either way, she reminds me of the subject of this thread- could there be a connection?
imo, speculation, fwiw.
20 jaar gevangenisstraf in cold case zaak Milica van Doorn
Dec 11 2018
Milica van Doorn
milica-liggend-beeld-klein.jpg
She was murdered in 1992
Here is the GT :
" Haarlem The Noord-Holland District Court sentenced a 48-year-old man to 20 years in prison for the death of Milica van Doorn in 1992. With his act the man wanted to prevent him from being punished for her violent rape.

At the beginning of June 1992 the body of Milica was found in a pond near the church at the Veldbloemenweg in Zaandam. She was killed by stab injuries. Sperm traces were found at various points in her body.

DNA kinship research
Previous extensive investigations had not led to finding the perpetrator. Due to the advancing developments in the field of DNA research, a large-scale DNA kinship study could be carried out in the autumn of 2017. The suspect was one of the two men who refused to participate in this investigation. Because his brother has donated DNA, the investigation - in combination with other information - has led to his arrest.

In the Netherlands it is the first time that DNA-related research has led to the identification of a suspect via a family member.

Murder not proven, but manslaughter and rape as a whole
The prosecution prosecuted the man for murder or the coherent complex of manslaughter and rape (the so-called qualified manslaughter). The individual offenses of rape and manslaughter are barred by the lapse of time. The court comes to the conclusion that the man must be acquitted of murder. Pre-thought advice can not be proven.

Followers?
The court sentenced the man to rape and then kill Milica van Doorn to prevent him from being punished for the rape. The DNA traces found by the man are perpetrators. The statement of the defendant that his semen was found because he had a secret (sexual) relationship with Milica at the time, is not believed by the court.

Which punishment?
The public prosecutor had demanded a prison sentence of 20 years with deduction of the pre-trial detention. The court finds this an appropriate punishment. The man is guilty of one of the worst offenses. He first violently raped Milica. Then he killed her horribly to ensure that his actions would go unpunished. The man has caused immeasurable suffering to her relatives. Because the man did not want to be accountable for his actions, the relatives had to bear the uncertainty for 26 years, in addition to their enormous loss, whether the perpetrator would ever be found. Because of the man's attitude, many questions are still not answered. What this means for them is expressed in a dignified and penetrating manner by the father and sisters of Milica during the session. The rape and death of Milica has seriously shocked society and caused feelings of fear and insecurity.

Claim for injured party
The eldest sister of Milica had to identify her after her death. She has submitted a claim for compensation. She has suffered shock damage. She wants short-term recognition for the damage that has been caused to her. She wants to lead a normal life again and thinks that a separate civil procedure is too taxing. Under the law in force in 1992 maximum compensation of 1500 guilders (converted 680.67 euros) was possible. The court grants this amount. The sister also receives travel and litigation costs.

She was murdered in 1992
Here is the GT :
" Haarlem The Noord-Holland District Court sentenced a 48-year-old man to 20 years in prison for the death of Milica van Doorn in 1992. With his act the man wanted to prevent him from being punished for her violent rape.

At the beginning of June 1992 the body of Milica was found in a pond near the church at the Veldbloemenweg in Zaandam. She was killed by stab injuries. Sperm traces were found at various points in her body.

DNA kinship research
Previous extensive investigations had not led to finding the perpetrator. Due to the advancing developments in the field of DNA research, a large-scale DNA kinship study could be carried out in the autumn of 2017. The suspect was one of the two men who refused to participate in this investigation. Because his brother has donated DNA, the investigation - in combination with other information - has led to his arrest.

In the Netherlands it is the first time that DNA-related research has led to the identification of a suspect via a family member.

The prosecution prosecuted the man for murder or the coherent complex of manslaughter and rape (the so-called qualified manslaughter). The individual offenses of rape and manslaughter are barred by the lapse of time. The court comes to the conclusion that the man must be acquitted of murder. Pre-thought advice can not be proven.

Followers?
The court sentenced the man to rape and then kill Milica van Doorn to prevent him from being punished for the rape. The DNA traces found by the man are perpetrators. The statement of the defendant that his semen was found because he had a secret (sexual) relationship with Milica at the time, is not believed by the court.

Which punishment?
The public prosecutor had demanded a prison sentence of 20 years with deduction of the pre-trial detention. The court finds this an appropriate punishment. The man is guilty of one of the worst offenses. He first violently raped Milica. Then he killed her horribly to ensure that his actions would go unpunished. The man has caused immeasurable suffering to her relatives. Because the man did not want to be accountable for his actions, the relatives had to bear the uncertainty for 26 years, in addition to their enormous loss, whether the perpetrator would ever be found. Because of the man's attitude, many questions are still not answered. What this means for them is expressed in a dignified and penetrating manner by the father and sisters of Milica during the session. The rape and death of Milica has seriously shocked society and caused feelings of fear and insecurity.

Claim for injured party
The eldest sister of Milica had to identify her after her death. She has submitted a claim for compensation. She has suffered shock damage. She wants short-term recognition for the damage that has been caused to her. She wants to lead a normal life again and thinks that a separate civil procedure is too taxing. Under the law in force in 1992 maximum compensation of 1500 guilders (converted 680.67 euros) was possible. The court grants this amount. The sister also receives travel and litigation costs.

The first thing I read was 1992, murdered...so this can't be her...@ Dotr...thanks for keep on searching. @ Worldwatcher thanks for translating.

She was murdered in 1992
Here is the GT :

DNA kinship research

Followers?

Which punishment?

Claim for injured party
Thanks for the translation, much appreciated!
If this Milica was murdered in 1992, but the killer not identified until 2017, ( if i understand that correctly) is it possible that there is a connection to the uid in the suitcase? Hoping that LE have some DNA from the perp to compare, imo, speculation.

This Irish mp is listed as having blue eyes, although her height is 5'4'', her jaw caught my attention.
Arlene Arkinson

Arlene Arkinson is presumed dead, murdered by a child killer and buried somewhere in the area where she disappeared.

Arkinson inquest faces further delays
The 15-year-old went missing from Castlederg in Co Tyrone after a night out in Co Donegal in 1994.

She was last seen in the company of a convicted child killer, the late Robert Howard.

Howard was always the prime suspect in her disappearance.

BBM

The woman in Schiedam is someone who wasn't reported missing, and / or someone whose data were not uploaded to a digitalised database. But if we can find her on the internet, so can the police, they have more data like DNA, and they still don't know who she is.

Still no breaking news, still unidentified.

OT
Another woman found in 2005 is. Her daughter knows now. (I remember her as the lady with the boots, found in the water het IJ, near the Muziekgebouw (music-building) in Amsterdam)

An unknown woman has been identified after 13 years thanks to an international DNA match. The body was found in December 2005 in the IJ, right next to the Muziekgebouw. The woman did not have any data with her, which prevented her from being identified, but this year the investigators succeeded through working together internationally.

Overleden vrouw na 13 jaar geïdentificeerd door internationale DNA-match

If further translation is needed I could do that....but because it's OT......

Still no breaking news, still unidentified.

OT
Another woman found in 2005 is. Her daughter knows now. (I remember her as the lady with the boots, found in the water het IJ, near the Muziekgebouw (music-building) in Amsterdam)

An unknown woman has been identified after 13 years thanks to an international DNA match. The body was found in December 2005 in the IJ, right next to the Muziekgebouw. The woman did not have any data with her, which prevented her from being identified, but this year the investigators succeeded through working together internationally.

Overleden vrouw na 13 jaar geïdentificeerd door internationale DNA-match

If further translation is needed I could do that....but because it's OT......
International DNA testing is very interesting and might even be pertinent in this case, where did the formerly unidentified woman referenced in your post come from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back