New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Cynthia & the adopted dad were together until sometime in the late 90's. Unless the child was born several years prior to that I don't see her as old enough to have her own place.

Didn't SomeGuy say BSLs bio mom had OTHER children she kept and didnt give up for adoption? Maybe there are some BROTHERS that helped him?

i recall someguy saying that he had a bio sister in texas that he visited. i think he also said that BSL reached out to the bio mom, but she didn't want to meet. the bio mom had children that she kept and did not give up. so this sister must be one of those children.

i don't recall any reports of a sister that is Cynthia's daughter/Josh's sister. I think there is only the one bio sister in Texas. I THINK

NOT sleuthing the sister. I think she was just an innocent family member that had no idea until hindsight. I'm just trying to clear up how she is related to him. Biologically, I think

Since this is a special report about the cemetery's history. I would think that it would be accurate..
Searching for Mickey Shunick | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette ...

http://www.katc.com/news/history-be...ve-mickey-shunick-was-buried/#!prettyPhoto/0/

History Behind Cemetery Where Police Believe Mickey Shunick Was Buried ... The Pine Clair cemetery was part of a church called "Our Little Flower of Jesus"

Thank you for demonstrating the problem. It's never spelled the same.

I have no reason to believe KATC got it right. We are lots of wonderful things down here in Cajun country, but accurate we are not, and spellers we are not.

I still don't know what the cemetery's called, and probably never will. Even the police report probably has a different spelling.

Wouldn't be surprised if the name even came from the fact that pines had to be cleared, and so could even originally have been "Pine Clearing."

Names down here do weird things.

Reminds me of the tale I have heard occasionally about the last name, "Schexnayder." I've seen it spelled "Schexneider," "Schexnayder," and acouple other ways. Story goes that whenthe Schneider family got off the boat at Ellis Island, the customs agent asked Mr. Schneider how many were in his family, and he said "six Schneiders" - so the agent wrote down "Schexnayder."

Probably just legend, but it shows you why you can never trust any spellings in south Louisiana.

If BSL called a taxi from Shepherd, the closest taxi cab services are in Livingston or Cleveland. Both are approximately 15 mi. away. Calling for a cab in the middle of the night, in the middle of no where, and then waiting for it to arrive while your truck is ablaze seems to be a risky move.

Does the report say when he arrived at his sister's? He could have went to her house in the early hours of the morning..and she just let him in and went back to bed. She may not have looked out to see his truck there....and then if he reported it missing...she would have thought it was stolen . If my brother showed up during the night...i'd never look out to see his car.

This one?

for some reason, the link isn't opening, but it's pinseclair cemetery. if you google that the findgrave website pops up and there is a pic of the cemetery. it matches the pictures in the news links

Wouldn't be surprised if the name even came from the fact that pines had to be cleared, and so could even originally have been "Pine Clearing."

Names down here do weird things.

Reminds me of the tale I have heard occasionally about the last name, "Schexnayder." I've seen it spelled "Schexneider," "Schexnayder," and acouple other ways. Story goes that whenthe Schneider family got off the boat at Ellis Island, the customs agent asked Mr. Schneider how many were in his family, and he said "six Schneiders" - so the agent wrote down "Schexnayder."

Probably just legend, but it shows you why you can never trust any spellings in south Louisiana.

CF, it's not just a Louisiana thing. Burrel Top; the highest elevation of this area of North GA is now named Burnt Mountain. The Burrels originally settled it, & it later burned. There is a reason for the seasons..

Many, if not most, folks a century ago couldn't read or write. Ya didn't need to read directions to operate a crosscut saw or to walk behind a mule while plowing. Masters degrees & PHDs would have made good fire starters back when.
Census takers would spell peoples names however it sounded to them. Many folks in Appalachia, although related, spell their last names differently..

Just curious as to why the correct spelling of Pine Claire cemetery is that important?

my bold

If she takes Ambien, she wouldn't have heard anything. :twocents:
I have insomnia and take Ambien, and noises still wake me up. I also take maximum strength Lunesta (3mg) from time to time, and even then I do wake up, but it helps me to fall back asleep more easily.

Ot-
I just found a really great sleuthing tool. Maybe everybody knows of this search site and I am just behind:

Www.wopular.com

It pulls news mentions, tweets, social media activity, blogs, topix,etc., and displays them in a neat page. Hope this is helpful.

If BSL called a taxi from Shepherd, the closest taxi cab services are in Livingston or Cleveland. Both are approximately 15 mi. away. Calling for a cab in the middle of the night, in the middle of no where, and then waiting for it to arrive while your truck is ablaze seems to be a risky move.
You think?!! :floorlaugh:

CF, it's not just a Louisiana thing. Burrel Top; the highest elevation of this area of North GA is now named Burnt Mountain. The Burrels originally settled it, & it later burned. There is a reason for the seasons..

Many, if not most, folks a century ago couldn't read or write. Ya didn't need to read directions to operate a crosscut saw or to walk behind a mule while plowing. Masters degrees & PHDs would have made good fire starters back when.
Census takers would spell peoples names however it sounded to them. Many folks in Appalachia, although related, spell their last names differently..

Just curious as to why the correct spelling of Pine Claire cemetery is that important?

If someone is trying to google it to get more info, the spelling would be important.

If he called a cab, he could have walked several miles away from the truck so the cab driver wouldn't know about the burning vehicle. Surely there was a home somewhere within a 3 mile radius he could stand in front of. The cab driver would assume he had come out of the house.

If he called a cab, he could have walked several miles away from the truck so the cab driver wouldn't know about the burning vehicle. Surely there was a home somewhere within a 3 mile radius he could stand in front of. The cab driver would assume he had come out of the house.
Was there any mention of cab company records in the discovery document?

To join in the sarcasm remarks...how about someone stole BSL truck because they wanted to steal his shaving kit. LMAO
---------
Lera, you do make me laugh. Thank you. However...

I had a thought about a "shaving kit." What if he kept a straight razor in there? You know, the old-fashioned kind, like someone such as the butcher in Gangs of New York kept for his purposes?

I've known about several cases where the victim's throat was slashed, and that was the final cause of death.

Also, I'm repeating a post I made earlier: A while back a car or cars crashed into a house and fence in my neighborhood in the early a.m. hours. People in houses even just a few doors down, heard NOTHING, slept through it. I know because I asked them.

I just looked at the court papers again and it does not say specifically that they requested reports from a cab company but that doesn't mean that some of the people with initials are not cab related.

I haven't ridden in a cab since I visited Chicago but don't they have to radio where they are picking up someone for their own safety? Maybe the police should check local cab companies.

BSL seems pretty cocky but to ask someone who later could see his face and come forward would be risky. Maybe a small motorbike in the back of his truck was used. Those are light and easy to transport, compared to a motorcycle.

It's important because it's where Mickey was laid to rest while we were looking for her. That's reason enough for me to want to know the name.

So far, no one can agree on the name.

Thanks Bessie,
I did sleuth them on my own...and got a headache.
If only there was a sub forum called: k.jill's questions for wiser sleuthers in her quest for understanding the ununderstandable.
-------------

Now, you made me laugh. Thank you for lightening my mood. Sincerely.

What's the title of that book: Everything you wanted to understand about the Universe...can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member