New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/QUOTE]"

hugs to all my ws family. has it been announced officially about the memorial? for those of us who are going, could we meet up prior to? i dont know if this is against rules of any kind. just thought it would be nice since we have spent much of the last three months hanging out and fighting and trying to do the right thing.[/QUOTE]

Chicken Fried and I have discussed the possibility of meeting before/after with other members.

We were wondering how many would want to get together.

Please thank this post if you think you would like to meet, so we can get an idea of interest.

Does the report say when he arrived at his sister's? He could have went to her house in the early hours of the morning..and she just let him in and went back to bed. She may not have looked out to see his truck there....and then if he reported it missing...she would have thought it was stolen . If my brother showed up during the night...i'd never look out to see his car.

Has she got a drive? If you can't see the street from her door (hedges or fence maybe) she could have noticed it wasn't in the drive and he just said it's on the street. she wouldn't have gone to check. Or maybe he made a point of saying it, like maybe, I parked in the street so I wouldn't block you in if I'm not up early. Then if she got questioned about the truck, she would say- he parked it on the street, not that she hadn't seen it.

:moo:

"

hugs to all my ws family. has it been announced officially about the memorial? for those of us who are going, could we meet up prior to? i dont know if this is against rules of any kind. just thought it would be nice since we have spent much of the last three months hanging out and fighting and trying to do the right thing.[/QUOTE]

Chicken Fried and I have discussed the possibility of meeting before/after with other members.

Please thank this post if you think you would like to meet, so we can get an idea of interest.
[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a wonderful idea, i wish i could be there....i live in Fl...but have been following Mickey's case from the beginning.....just know that my heart will be there....and shedding many tears for Mickey.

If he called a cab I think you're probably right, he would've tried to distance himself as much as possible from the burning truck. Two things about this though, would he risk making a phone call, knowing his cell pings would put him in the area?... And, I assume that the local news has run this story in that area, especially since dwt was abandoned there, and no cabbies have come forward. I'm sure that particular run would stand out to the driver..

Idk, though.

What makes most sense to me is he had help from someone, an unknowing accomplice... Either thought they were helping or in on an insurance scam... Still, that theory involves another person, and he usually acts alone.

All jmo.

Whatever scheme he used, he could have been pinged at the site of the truck unless he used a throw-away phone, cut it off or didn't bring it. I think he was there when the truck burned. BSL likes fire.

If he was worried about evidence in the truck, why go to the trouble to burn it but leave evidence at his home? If the purpose of burning the truck was to replace it with another, why not just clean it up & trade it????

"

[/QUOTE]

I will be there in spirit. I live on the Isle of Man and can't afford 2500 pounds :what: if I could, I would be there, and would have been there to help look too! :sigh:

Thank you for demonstrating the problem. It's never spelled the same.

I have no reason to believe KATC got it right. We are lots of wonderful things down here in Cajun country, but accurate we are not, and spellers we are not.

I still don't know what the cemetery's called, and probably never will. Even the police report probably has a different spelling.

The cemetery is old enough that it may be one of those instances where the "accepted" spelling has changed through the years -- much as happens with surnames, sometimes, where you will find several variations, sometimes all accepted at one time or another, sometimes having been introduced by a clerical error somewhere along the line of the years.

First post but not first reading. Been reading since 1st week of June.
How come no one has been able to get one of those LEs to talk to them about the so called confession? I know they are tight lipped but some one has to have spilled the beans. The Cajun Net knows to much not to have gotten it from one of them.
Any more ideas about what the Daily Adveriser caught on their camera?

If he called a cab I think you're probably right, he would've tried to distance himself as much as possible from the burning truck. Two things about this though, would he risk making a phone call, knowing his cell pings would put him in the area?... And, I assume that the local news has run this story in that area, especially since dwt was abandoned there, and no cabbies have come forward. I'm sure that particular run would stand out to the driver..
Idk, though.
What makes most sense to me is he had help from someone, an unknowing accomplice... Either thought they were helping or in on an insurance scam... Still, that theory involves another person, and he usually acts alone.
All jmo.

Not caught up yet and just boucing off your post heidisams re:subject. A Google of Hues Road, Shepherd, TX..... shows the rather short road and there are some houses on it. If my link posts... the "A" is NOT where truck was found, but rather just the googling marker for the road. Wonder where on this road the truck was actually found? Was it into the woods off of Hues Road? Anyone know?
Just an additional thought, wonder if BSL knows anyone who lives on or near Hues Road?

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...a=X&ei=_rEqUP6pDIP48wTy_4CIBw&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

If the link doesn't work, just Google and zoom in.

Adding additional information.... there is another portion of Hues Road that runs off of Stringtown Road..... (off of 223).

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com...a=X&ei=_rEqUP6pDIP48wTy_4CIBw&ved=0CAkQ8gEwAA

I would imagine it's probably referring to the testimony of someone who is older, ill, or might move away, but could "perpetuation of testimony" possibly refer to testimony from the original Pate case?

Has she got a drive? If you can't see the street from her door (hedges or fence maybe) she could have noticed it wasn't in the drive and he just said it's on the street. she wouldn't have gone to check. Or maybe he made a point of saying it, like maybe, I parked in the street so I wouldn't block you in if I'm not up early. Then if she got questioned about the truck, she would say- he parked it on the street, not that she hadn't seen it.

:moo:

That makes more sense.....i just re-read and he stated the truck was there about 10....so he was at his sister's earlier. I thought maybe he arrived at his sisters during the night...something is very funny here......maybe she didn't pay any attention to the truck.......somewhere in the threads...Mickey's father mentions how BSL might have gotten back from burning the truck....at the time....he might have known BSL was visiting his sister....if she was there..she had to know something. I'm not saying his sister knew that he killed Mickey.....i'm just saying if she were there and BSL isn't lying about all this....she would have to know something or at least be thinking something isn't right??? JMO

For someone in the military a 40 mile run would be a piece of cake. JMO

except he was in the military 13 years a go and now looks a little overweight

EDIT: saw someone addressed this. ugh to being behind in the threads!! :)

If someone is trying to google it to get more info, the spelling would be important.

I see what you mean, I've tried googling it spelled different ways, but the only one that showed up with a lot of links to click on was pinseclair, and the only way I got it to locate it on google maps was spelled that way too.

http://goo.gl/maps/geDYG

Dona, I wonder same thing.
Just my curiosity in trying to brainstorm about the time frame of that day. I would love to know the answers to these.

Q. Are there cameras in the complex if she rents? Do they really sleep that heavily?

Q. Did bsl meet with LE to report his truck stolen with a heavy unshaved beard?

Q. Were the remains of bsl shaving kit found in the burnt truck?

Q. Did LE find a new or old shaving kit when they did a search of BSLs property in Lawtell?

Also, seems unusual that the report of bsl's dwt truck fire (around 4am) was prior to bsl reporting his truck being stolen (after 6:30am) called to report 6:46am.
Why would someone steal a truck for just a few hours then set on fire? Wouldn't the thief have had to bring the excellerant probably along when he stole the truck?

Q. Are there statistics on the time frame from a vehicle theft to it usually being found burned?
JMO The time frame seems very very short.

** Hopefully foxfire, having great knowledge, can shed some light on issues!!

ETA to add time BSL called mtgry county to report stole truck.
I'm so glad you did this so I don't have to. I think another poster mentioned that someone in the household may take Ambien? If so, not only would they sleep, but there's a window in Ambien where you develop amnesia. Can't remember what you do. I had a friend who took it & the next morning couldn't find his keys. They were in the fridge. He had no memeory of the event.
And you're right about the short window & the oddity of someone wandering on that street, stealing a truck, & then burning it? Again, as w/ LE in nola & Jeff parish, completely bizarre stories. I just want to know what the insurance company thought of his story. And no car alarm?
And, b/c I know nothing of this, does someone who works offshore need w/ that large a tool box??

Can anyone clear up the name of the cemetery for me? I have seen it spelled five different ways, including conflicting news reports, as:

Pine Clair
Pines Clair
Pinseclair
Pineclair
Pinesclair.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a gravesite website? I don't trust the local reporters to get it right - not criticizing them, but a lot of locals, reporters included don't pay much attention to carefully checking spelling. A reporter could have gotten the wrong spelling from a local or from the police.
There are a great many spellings in south Louisiana that are different. They can sometimes vary b/c they may be phonetic spelling.

I like the tortured way your mind thinks, child.
Not sure how a rest area would play into this. It would place him in the "area"
near the car, so I tend to believe he had a mode of transportation in the bed of the truck and acted alone...
I just dunno!

This is from my genius teenage daughter who loves forensics and crime solving like her mama lol

Maybe he took a bus. Are there buses in that area? Does anyone know? This would work too.

This is from my genius teenage daughter who loves forensics and crime solving like her mama lol

Maybe he took a bus. Are there buses in that area? Does anyone know? This would work too.

Do buses run at that hour?
I have no idea!

~jmo but i think the sister "caught" him coming in that morning or heard him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129