New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I do not believe that would affect the actual deal made, if any. They have to account to all families of victims, not just to those considered "high profile". But it is ultimately up to the DA's office, not to the wishes of the family.

Yes, the prosecutor has the judgement call, but the families wishes are usually taken into consideration, as they should be, imo.

I do know that if a plea agreement is formalized in tomorrow's evidentiary hearing.
LPD & the Prosecutors in this case has done one hell of a job in such a short time..
Tragically, I don't feel that BS Lavergne's legal troubles will end tomorrow..

The fact that the witness saw a lot of zeroes mostly ruled out a Texas plate, as four of the six characters on the TX plate are letters, vs. one, for LA.

one would think that surrounding states would have also been checked anyway... strange to me that this was not the case

The fact that the witness saw a lot of zeroes mostly ruled out a Texas plate, as four of the six characters on the TX plate are letters, vs. one, for LA.

'Wouldn't ya think that the TX investigator working Alexxandria "Ali" Lowitzer's case would have picked up on that clue immediately'?

..and then concluded that the VOI had an out of state license plate & prolly an out of state POI/RSO driving it..rather than handling her case as a possible runaway...rather than a probable stranger abduction..

Was all of this given to the police at the time and if so, why did LE insist she was a runaway?

I read somewhere that the pi ran the plates "2 ways 'til Sunday" but could not srt sort it out. It wasnt until he had bsl's info that "lo and behold" etc. etc.

Families are told of plea bargains and sometimes as a consideration their wishes are given some weight but the decision rests with the DA, the defense ( with the defendant) and the judge.

I read somewhere that the pi ran the plates "2 ways 'til Sunday" but could not srt sort it out. It wasnt until he had bsl's info that "lo and behold" etc. etc.

I mean if a truck was seen possibly following her and maybe the driver harassing her...why call it a runaway. Not expecting them to figure out who it was at the time, but LE was pretty adamant in calling Ali a runaway from the start.

Fox fire, the P. I. Mac Sanford who works on Ali's case does so money free. So my guess is the family originally had a paid investigator. We should direct your question to that investigator haha because Mac Sanford seems to be the one putting the pieces together! Thankfully.

And the license plate is just a slither of evidence released

Although possible with bsl, I highly doubt he has others in that forest unless you they were taken from about a 30-60 minute radius from that graveyard. He seems to have about equal times of dumping distance and abduction distance.

Now if he gets convicted with more which I feel highly so, they should look into small cemeteries that are 60 minutes or less from the abduction site. Abducting someone any further and driving that far with bodies is just too risky, 60 minutes is already pushing it.

I think he's strange enough to possibly dig up graves already there and just dump another body there in that grave, to make sure it's never checked. A grave that isn't often visited so that it wouldn't look like it had been disturbed.

If they begin looking for more victims, there's a small cemetery in the HOOK MAN bridge forest that I had taken pictures of a while back, the day before Mickey's body was sadly found. But that is very close to Rayne and it's basically just tomb stones in the forest now, because they've been there so long.

Burying a body that deep means the chance of it never being found despite bad weather conditions.
You don't they'd be found on All Saints??

This is a high profile case, LE and the DA were in on this investigation from the start. They became very close I would imagine with the family. People from all over the world felt close to MS missing and murder. I do believe this case is unique therefore; the DA is honoring what the Family is comfortable with accepting. MOO

I hope so.
And I think so.
Jmo

Fox fire, the P. I. Mac Sanford who works on Ali's case does so money free. So my guess is the family originally had a paid investigator. We should direct your question to that investigator haha because Mac Sanford seems to be the one putting the pieces together! Thankfully.

And the license plate is just a slither of evidence released

My comment wasn't directed at the PI Mac Sanford, but to the LEO Detective working the missing person investigation..

It concerns me when the family of a missing/murdered person is silenced.. The reason, from years of researching missing person's investigations is usually due to the lack of performance; dropped ball..imo

'Bringing Adam(Walsh) Home' by Les Standiford & Miami Det. Joe Matthews, is an excellent documented example of this.

Families are told of plea bargains and sometimes as a consideration their wishes are given some weight but the decision rests with the DA, the defense ( with the defendant) and the judge.

My daughter had a case (as a victim) whereupon the DA was offering a plea to the perp. The DA ran it past me first. (my daughter was a minor).I wanted closure so badly, to put it behind us and move forward, that I agreed to his plea. And it was an iron case slam dunk.

The entrance is close to the 10 (hiway number) on the map.

And do you see the small clearing just below the graves? You would go left from there into the woods.

Left on the map? So in the small strip between the clearing and the edge of the field? TIA.

The entrance is close to the 10 (hiway number) on the map.

And do you see the small clearing just below the graves? You would go left from there into the woods.

IMPondering, I was at work today when you released the pics from the gravesite. I thanked you at the time, but now that I am home and not on someone else's time, I personally wanted to thank you for those. I am sure they mean a lot to everyone who saw them, but for those of us many miles away, it especially, for me anyway, brought the whole thing closer to home. Thank you again.

Maybe part of the deal was he take the stand and confesses publicly so there is never any doubt that he is indeed guilty, and that the confession wasn't coerced and also so that he can't claim he confessed under duress.

Well thank you for your service! We were in "brownies" and "girl scouts" together. :(
She is why I sleuth!
I understand. Amy Billig was a neighbor and a friend.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19475"]FL FL - Amy Billig, 17, Coconut Grove, 5 March 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Maybe part of the deal was he take the stand and confesses publicly so there is never any doubt that he is indeed guilty, and that the confession wasn't coerced and also so that he can't claim he confessed under duress.

Has anyone heard of any legal precedence for this? Do we have a lawyer or PA on here? I suppose if he did this, it would circumvent any appeals? Hopefully...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme