New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for responding back and the kind comments. Yes I knew Sheila Comeaux and she was beat on the south side of town and left for dead. She was eventually in a coma and came out of the coma and appeared to be doing well and started speaking about what happened and everytime she started speaking, the hospital would call in Law Enforcement and that's when she would "clam" up.

That is still one of unsolved cases of Jeff Davis Parish (we have parishes in Louisiana, not counties). Incidently, and possibly coincidently, the last person to see her alive was a law enforcement officer that, as witnesses have stated, Ms. Comeaux was working as an informant for several police officers and she was also attached with a wire to assist in busting a drug ring. Some people (unverified) claim that she targeted the wrong drug ring (supposedly what the LE officer was involved in) and she was beat. This was the LE officer that saw her last and then she passed away.

So far, dating back to the 70's, there are a total of 14-18 unsolved homicides in Jennings and Jeff Davis Parish from what we were able to locate. LE isn't giving us any information. We have to obtain the information ourselves, which really isn't a problem since most, if not all of our clients won't talk to LE but only talk to us. I can tell you, without any professional obligation, the Sheila Comeaux story and some things we've heard because we are not investigating that case. However, we have been contacted by Sheila Comeaux's family but never retained.

In any suspicious case where there are drugs and prostitution, you will have rumors regarding LE being involved. I can't discuss that possibility and won't discuss that possibility but I can say that we do not leave any stone uncovered. Police Officer Jesse Ewing turned over information what two female inmates said they knew about the murders and named names, on a recording. He was eventually arrested and tried but the grand jury returned a no true bill after two other inmates came forward and contacted us and stated that officer Jesse Ewing did nothing wrong. In the end, he was convicted of criminal mischief for not following the chain of command, a very low grade misdeameanor charge. Yet, a chief of detectives can purchase a vehicle that was determined to have been used to transport a murder victim (this is public record that's why I am able to discuss this part of the case) and yet the State Police determines that he did nothing wrong. Something's wrong with that picture. Shortly thereafter, the Ethics Board came in and assumed jurisdiction and investigated and found that the chief of detectives violated the law and fined him $10,000.

So, with all the rumors, you have a Jennings Police Officer who tried to do the right thing and didn't know who to trust, not even his superiors and still the recordings were turned over to the FBI and the State Attorney General's Office so it was not obstruction of justice and yet he was arrested and fired from his job. But, a chief of detective purchases a vehicle that purportedly was used to transport a body from one of the homicides and yet, he did nothing wrong. I have a big issue with that.

Also, behind the scenes, the state attorney general's investigative unit is performing an inside investigation. I can't tell you the nature of the investigation but they have contacted me and they have contacted some of my clients. I can't discuss the topic of those conversations but I do speak to the state attorney genreral's office on a weekly basis and behind the scenes, they are conducting their own investigation. Yes, LE is considered public officials but the FBI can't assume jurisdiction because there is no direct evidence that any LE is involved as of yet. The sheriff is the head of the task force and everyone, even members of the task force work for him. The FBI, at this point, even work for him because as of right now, the homicides are a state issue so they were just called in because they have more technology at their disposal to assist.

That's about all I can say at this time. Thank you for your comments.

KM

Kirk, thanks again for taking the time to "fill in some of the blanks". Once again, quite enlightening as well as eye-opening.

I'm glad to hear the victims' families have someone they feel they can trust and talk to. It's quite obvious you are on their side and diligently seeking justice for them. I can certainly understand, just from what little I know, why witnesses are hesitant to speak with law enforcement. I wish you, and those working with you, much success in cracking these cases wide open.

I have so many more questions although, the more answers I get, the more questions I have.....it seems there's no end to them. Guess I'll just sit on my hands so they can't type any more questions out.....LOL.

Once again, thank you for providing additional insight into these tragic, and mysterious, crimes.

Hypothetically speaking and unrelated to the unsolved homicides in Jeff Davis Parish...Has anyone heard of Randy Comeaux who was a deputy sheriff from Lafayette, Louisiana?

I know some of you have doubts about LE being involved in something as drastic as murder, rape and the such (not implying anything about LE in Jeff Davis Parish) but read this for the doubters:

LAFAYETTE- After Randy Comeaux pleaded guilty to a string of rapes Monday, he told the court that he knew his victims wanted to know why. Why would a 20-year-veteran law enforcement officer who helped countless people by day rape women at gunpoint at night?

Comeaux said he wanted to know why, too. In the early 1990s, he sought help at different counseling centers in Alexandria and Lafayette. He even read a clinical textbook on the subject, titled "Men Who Rape; The Psychology of the Offender."

According to psychologists and forensic experts, there are no easy answers. Genetic and social factors, anger and other issues may combine to create a rapist, experts say. There are few avenues for treatment for serial rapists and sex offenders and differing opinions on how much treatment they deserve.

Dr. A. Nicholas Groth, who wrote the book "Men Who Rape," said he believes society needs to study these men to understand and prevent them from striking again.

"Sadly, this man caused a lot of suffering," said Groth. "The victims, their families, his family. A lot of people have been hurt. Had there been more help, had we been a more enlightened society, maybe we could have spared some pain."

Groth, a psychologist who has worked with hundreds of convicted rapists in prisons in Massachusetts and Connecticut, said that there are typically three general types of rape: anger rape, power rape and sadistic rape. Police say that Comeaux fits the description of a power rapist.

"In these assaults, it is not the offender’s desire to harm his victim but to possess her sexually," Groth wrote. "Sexuality becomes a means of compensating for underlying feelings of inadequacy and serves to express issues of mastery, strength, control, authority, identity and capability. His goal is sexual conquest, and he uses only the amount of force necessary to accomplish this objective."

Groth said often such offenders may have obsessive fantasies in which the victim initially resists his sexual advances, he overpowers her, and unable to resist his sexual prowess, she becomes receptive.

Groth stressed that this is deviant behavior by men who have blurred the boundaries between fantasy and reality. The need to rape is a test of the offender’s competency, he said, and the rapist feels a mixture of excitement, anxiety, anticipated pleasure and fear. Most rapists of this type find little sexual satisfaction in the rape because it never lives up to the fantasy.

That is why he must find another victim, Groth said. In his work with rapists, he found that most rapists had experienced sexual trauma during their formative years and had no one to go to for help. The trauma may be in the form of direct sexual abuse, but it could be the product of witnessing sexual abuse. Groth used the example of a son knowing his father was molesting his sister.

Comeaux’s lawyer, G. Paul Marx, said there have been conflicting reports about abuse in Comeaux’s family and how much it affected him. His sister claimed that he was once sexually abused by a relative. Comeaux’s mother had no comment.

The other contributing factor, Groth said, is an abnormally high testosterone level among some rapists. Testosterone is the hormone that fuels sexual drive. Groth said that too much of it is a biological flaw, and it may contribute to why some men rape.

Fred Berlin, founder of the Johns Hopkins Sexual Disorders Clinic in Baltimore, said it’s important to remember that rape is about eroticized power.

"It’s not just liking to push somebody around," he said. "It’s the erotic power tied into a biological drive that makes them dangerous."

About 40 percent of rapists report drinking before an intended rape. Groth said many do this as a way of blocking out their constant sexual thoughts, yet the alcohol only lessens their inhibitions.

While Groth said the fact that Comeaux was reading to understand his compulsion showed "something of a conscience," others say it wasn’t enough. He only stopped because he was caught, a victim said.

Brent E. Turvey, a forensic scientist and criminal profiler who works as a consultant in San Leandro, Calif., speculated that Comeaux may have been an officer who, after dealing with so many victims as a sheriff’s detective each day, began to think there are "no victims, only volunteers."

Comeaux typically entered homes through unlocked doors and windows. Once he told a rape victim that she should have locked her back window.

"The offender may rationalize ... that he is not abnormal and is entitled to rape," Turvey said.

Such rapists have a psychopathic inability to empathize with their victims’ suffering and a serious inability to take responsibility for their behavior.

He also said Comeaux may have gotten a secondary satisfaction or thrill from the fact that his fiancee worked at the Rape Crisis Center.

He said the fact that Comeaux occasionally wore women’s underwear during a rape and other times stole underwear from the women he was raping is a fetish, probably rooted in something in his childhood or adolescence.

Both Groth and Turvey said that typically such rapes do not escalate to murder.

Groth said drugs designed to diminish a person’s sexual urges and the need to rape have been in use since the 1970s. Depo Provera and Depo Lupron, when given to men in small doses, inhibits the production of testosterone and can stunt aggression.

Berlin said Comeaux should have sought help before the first rape. He said there are too many social misconceptions that rapists, child molesters and other sex offenders cannot be treated or rehabilitated. Some will recover with treatment and others won’t. Berlin said that society isn’t willing to discuss sex crimes because of conservative moral attitudes toward sex.

"That’s one of the problems," he said. "We’re where we were with alcoholism 100 years ago before Betty Ford clinics. ... There are no Betty Ford clinics for people with abnormal sexual cravings."

Comeaux committed depraved acts of violence, Groth said, but he is also the same person who did good work in his career in law enforcement.

Turvey warned against too much sympathy.

"Now his entire secret little life has been exposed," Turvey said. "Now he gets to play the victim."

Oh yes......definitely remember him......he terrorized Lafayette for quite some time. I actually was acquainted with a few LE at the time that knew, and worked with Comeaux. They were stunned is the best word I can use to describe their reactions. They were some "men's men" and they were major creeped out about what had happened right up under their noses.

I'm glad you posted that profile by Groth.....I had never read that before. That guy gets down to the nitty gritty and doesn't mince words. Just reading what he wrote upped the "creep" factor for me.

You know if you keep posting here I won't be able to keep sitting on my hands don't you?

This sounds familiar with the Jeff Davis Parish case. I have a call in to Dr. Rossmo to call me.

Andy Ivens, The Province, Thurs 21 June 2001
Courtesy of The Province

Vancouver police kept mum about a possible serial killer preying on women because of stubbornness and the high cost of tracking him, former detective inspector Kim Rossmo charged yesterday.

Rossmo, the plaintiff in a wrongful dismissal trial against the police force, testified his expertise as a doctor in criminology was routinely dismissed by VPD investigators working on the case of 20 to 30 women who've gone missing from the city's skid row since 1998.

Most of the missing women are prostitutes.

Rossmo named Deputy Chief John Unger -- one of two defendants in the case -- as his principal nemesis during a five-year stint when Rossmo piled up awards and garnered prestige for the VPD for his ground-breaking work in the field of geographic profiling.

And he accused police Insp. Fred Biddlecombe of being a roadblock in the investigation of the missing women.

Rossmo said the major crime division froze him out of its investigation, even after he was called to a meeting in November 1998 to look at the missing women case.

He said Biddlecombe "threw a small temper tantrum" when he was brought in.

"Insp. Biddlecombe threatened not to send people to meetings, or share information," Rossmo testified.

At the time, he said, he suggested going to the media, partly to save the department any embarrassment if it was proven a serial killer was operating, as Rossmo still suspects.

"I suggested [telling the media] there is a possibility a serial killer is at work on the Downtown Eastside," he said, adding that his suggestion was immediately shot down.

"One positive was that major crime [division] tried to locate as many missing as possible."

Although he never used his geographic profiling talents on the case, Rossmo said the experience was like being on a 747 jetliner when someone tells the pilot there's smoke in the cabin.

"If the captain says, 'Prove to me there's a fire,' you know he's either a fool or incompetent."

Rossmo said he was not alone in his feelings that not enough has been done to solve the missing-women case.

"Many people in the VPD feel the same about this -- frustration."

He cited sex, race and the low social status of the missing women as reasons the VPD went slow, likening the situation to the story of the emperor's new clothes.

"For 18 months, women mainly in the sex trade were disappearing," noted Rossmo. "If you have a serial killer running around, you have to do something about it. Nobody wants to do anything."

Deputy Chief Unger and Chief Terry Blythe declined to comment on Rossmo's bombshell.

They are witnesses in the case and it would be improper for them to talk to the press before giving their testimony.

Ex-Cop Says He Suspected Serial Prostitute Killer

Courtesy of BCTV

Between 20 And 30 Women Have Disappeared

VANCOUVER, 2:48 p.m. PDT June 21, 2001 --Vancouver police say there's still no evidence a serial killer is on the loose in the city's downtown east side, where 30 women are missing.

The issue came up again as part of a wrongful dismissal suit by Kim Rossmo, who developed a geographic profiler program for the police before he lost his job.

Rossmo suggested a repeat killer may be to blame for the missing women, who worked in the sex trade.

But Detective Scott Dreimel says they didn't have evidence of that three years ago, and things haven't changed.

If they do, he says the public will be first to know.

He also denies Rossmo's allegation the police dragged their heels on the investigation into the missing women.

Dreimel says there are several reasons why it's gone so long, including the length of time before a prostitute is reported missing.

He says because they work on the street it's hard tracking down witnesses and leads.

VANCOUVER (CP) -- A task force should have been formed to investigate whether a serial killer was preying on women in the gritty downtown eastside, a former geographic profiler with the Vancouver police department suggested Monday.

If we believe, with any degree of probability, that we have a predator responsible for 20 to 30 deaths in a short period of time, do you think our response was adequate?'' Kim Rossmo asked during a civil trial.

Rossmo, 46, is suing the Vancouver police board and deputy chief John Unger for wrongful dismissal.

The trial has heard allegations that an ``old boys network'' controlled the upper ranks of the police force and refused to accept Rossmo's controversial promotion in 1995.

At the time, Rossmo had become Canada's first police officer to graduate with a doctorate degree.

He earned a PhD in criminology at SFU, where he developed geographic profiling, a computerized crime tool aimed at detecting serial rape, arson and murder.

Rossmo had received an offer from the RCMP to become an inspector and set up a geographic profiling unit.

Then-city chief Ray Canuel promoted Rossmo to detective-inspector from constable and allowed him to set up a geographic profiling unit, which won the department international acclaim and awards.

Rossmo said Monday that 10 senior officers resented his promotion and acted negatively toward him during his five years as an inspector.

One of those was Insp. Fred Biddlecombe, who was in charge of the major crime section, he said.

Rossmo said Biddlecombe threw a minor temper tantrum when he suggested in 1998 that police should assess the extent of the problem of women disappearing from the streets of the downtown eastside.

Forty have vanished since 1971, including 16 between 1995 and 1998.

Rossmo suggested the public should be told about the possibility of a serial killer, but Biddlecombe instead denied publicly that a serial killer existed.

Missing women mourned: Women at memorial for missing prostitutes remain convinced one or more serial killers are to blame

The Province
Tuesday, June 26, 2001

Mark Wilson and Lora Grindlay

On Saturday there was a celebration cake, yesterday flowers.

Gladys Montgomery's cake was to mark the seven years she has been drug-free and no longer working Vancouver's streets.

The flowers were to remember the 30-odd prostitutes who have disappeared from those same streets in recent years.

Montgomery, who became a prostitute at 13 and stayed on the strolls for 20 years, is convinced the missing women have been murdered, probably by one or more serial killers.

I knew 10 of the missing women and being street-savvy did not protect them. One of the smartest was named Sarah and she was really streetwise. She has gone.''

Montgomery took part yesterday in a waterfront memorial ceremony for the missing. There were Indian drums and songs because most of the women being remembered were from First Nations.

So is Montgomery, whose father brought her to Vancouver from Winnipeg when she was seven. Her home life was troubled and she ran away, falling in with a pimp. She began drinking heavily and smoking marijuana. Then came cocaine and heroin.

``It got worse and, toward the end, I was needing $500 to $600 a day for my habit. That meant as many johns as I could could get,'' Montgomery said. ``You work to pay for drugs and you need to do drugs in order to do the work. You have hit bottom.''

With help from a support group, Montgomery was able to quit heroin. Today she counsels addicts and sex-trade workers.

She is convinced a serial killer is at large and believes she may have met him. ``One time, I had to run away from a man without my clothes. I think I only got free because I was able to mace him when he started choking me.''

Montgomery was robbed and raped at knifepoint and beaten by both johns and drug dealers. ``You go with men to isolated places like parks and wharves and you know it's very dangerous. I am lucky, very lucky, to have survived.''

- Prostitutes' advocate Jamie Lee Hamilton attended B.C. Supreme Court in Vancouver yesterday to show her support for former city police detective-inspector Kim Rossmo, who is suing the Vancouver Police Board for wrongful dismissal.

Rossmo, the first police officer in Canada to earn a PhD in criminology, invented geographic profiling, a computer-assisted method of tracking serial criminals.

In earlier testimony Rossmo said an ``old boys' network'' in the force refused to use his skills and ignored his suggestion to warn the public about the possibility of a serial killer in the Downtown Eastside.

``The likelihood now of police finding the killer or killers is dismal,'' Hamilton said yesterday. ``They got rid of the one individual who has the ability and the expertise to properly investigate it, and that's Kim Rossmo.''

Rossmo told the court that, despite the snubs from an inner elite, ``there are many members of the Vancouver Police Department who think progressively.''

Rossmo is now director of research for the Police Foundation in Washington, D.C.

`THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND SHE WAS MURDERED'

Sandra Gagnon laid a bunch of red roses at yesterday's memorial ceremony for missing women from Vancouver's east side.

It was four years to the day since her sister Janet Henry, 36, disappeared while working the streets.

``There is no doubt in my mind she was murdered,'' Gagnon said. ``She had a bank account and that money has gone untouched. She had a daughter, 16, living in McBride who she loved.''

Gagnon tried to persuade her sister to live with her in Maple Ridge, to get her away from drugs and prostitution in Vancouver. She failed.

``Janet was seriously addicted to heroin and cocaine and I couldn't get her to break with her lifestyle.''

Born in Alert Bay, the sisters moved to Vancouver when Gagnon was 13 and her sister 11. ``We talked on the phone almost daily as she was my best friend as well as my sister. In our final call we talked about going to lunch at a favourite restaurant. Her last words were about how she was missing seeing me.''

SERIAL KILLER AT LARGE IN VAN? FIRED COP AGREES

The Winnipeg Sun
Tuesday, June 26, 2001

BY Canadian Press

Families of women who disappeared from the city's tough downtown eastside met yesterday to remember their loved ones as the civil trial of a former police officer who investigated the disappearances continued.

A crowd of 50 people gathered in a waterfront park to lay flowers near a bench dedicated to the missing women, many of whom worked in the sex trade.

The cases date back to 1984, although the majority of them vanished in the past five years.

"It doesn't go away," said Valerie Hughes, whose sister, Kerry Koski, went missing in January 1998.

"Maybe for the mayors and the chief of police, but not for us."

Earlier that day, Hughes stood with six others outside a Vancouver courthouse and told passers-by she believes a serial killer is responsible.

Vancouver police officially reject the suggestion.

But former police officer Kim Rossmo supported it while he was a senior officer. He wanted to warn residents about the possible threat.

Rossmo is now involved in a wrongful dismissal trial against the force in B.C. Supreme Court.

Last week, he testified he wanted to issue a public warning in 1998, but other officers strongly objected.

The force issued a news release saying police did not believe a serial killer was behind the disappearances.

Hughes disagrees.

"These are marginalized women and they're being fed to the depraved or sick mind of a serial killer," she said.

In May, the RCMP and two Vancouver police officers joined forces to review the missing women's files in search of possible links.

But the study is still at a beginning stage and it's too early to comment on possible leads, said RCMP spokesperson Danielle Efford.

Dorothy Purcell, who stood with Hughes outside the courthouse, said the investigation has already taken too long.

She said it took police two years to call her for an interview about her missing daughter, Tanya Holyk.

"By then, the trail was cold," said the soft-spoken woman.

Rossmo sought unit to probe women's deaths: Former Vancouver officer is suing for wrongful dismissal

Vancouver Sun
Tuesday, June 26, 2001

Neal Hall

A former geographic profiler with the Vancouver police department suggested Monday that a task force should have been formed to investigate whether a serial killer was preying on women in the Downtown Eastside.

``If we believe, with any degree of probability, that we have a predator responsible for 20 to 30 deaths in a short period of time, do you think our response was adequate?'' Kim Rossmo asked during a civil trial at the Vancouver Law Courts.

Rossmo, 46, is suing the Vancouver police board and Deputy Chief John Unger for wrongful dismissal.

The trial has heard allegations that an ``old boys network'' controlled the upper ranks of the police force and refused to accept Rossmo's controversial promotion in 1995.

At the time, Rossmo had become Canada's first police officer to graduate with a PhD. He studied criminology at Simon Fraser University, where he developed geographic profiling, a computerized crime tool aimed at detecting serial rape, arson and murder.

Rossmo had received an offer from the RCMP to become an inspector and set up a geographic profiling unit. Told of the offer, then-police chief Ray Canuel promoted Rossmo to detective-inspector from constable and allowed him to set up a geographic profiling unit, which won the department international acclaim and awards.

In his second day on the witness stand, Rossmo estimated that 10 senior officers resented his promotion and acted negatively toward him during his five years as an inspector.

One of those, he said, was Inspector Fred Biddlecombe, who was in charge of the major crime section.

Rossmo said Biddlecombe threw a minor temper tantrum when Rossmo suggested in 1998 that police should assess the extent of the problem of women disappearing from the streets of the Downtown Eastside -- 40 have vanished since 1971, including 16 between 1995 and 1998.

Rossmo suggested the public should be told about the possibility of a serial killer, but Biddlecombe instead denied publicly that a serial killer existed.

``I thought it was the wrong approach,'' Rossmo testified. ``We did not put together a task force anywhere near what a real serial murder investigation would involve.''

He also told the court he was rarely asked to consult on cases by the major crime section and sexual offences squad, ``which should have been my main customers.''

Instead, he was asked to assist in investigations internationally and across Canada, including the Paul Bernardo case in Ontario.

Much of Rossmo's cross-examination by defence lawyer Al Hamilton, representing the police board, concerned Rossmo's five-year contract, which expired last Dec. 31. The agreement stated he would be considered terminated if his contract wasn't renewed.

Hamilton reminded Rossmo that he was offered a two-year contract, which Rossmo found unacceptable.

``It was highly undesirable,'' Rossmo said, noting a two-year contract would have left him 28 months short of being able to retire with a pension.

He agreed he could have returned to working as a constable but felt that offer was an insult, considering he had not been a member of the Vancouver Police Union for five years. Before his promotion, Rossmo had been on the union executive.

Although the trial has heard how Unger told Rossmo that his contract wasn't being renewed because of budget cutbacks, Rossmo has alleged the decision was political because he wasn't accepted by the old boys' club, which included senior officers who were promoted after the early departure in 1999 of police chief Bruce Chambers.

Rossmo recalled how he was told that he wasn't being accepted as a regular member of the ``officers' mess'' -- a seventh-floor room within the police station at 2120 Cambie designated for use by only the elite senior officers. Instead, they issued him a membership usually given to civilians, he said.

He suggested the small number of senior officers who continued to react negatively to his promotion were immature and unprofessional. The more progressive officers within the force were supportive and encouraged by his promotion, he said.

Kirk, a big welcome to Websleuths!
:Welcome-12-june: :)

Your information is very valuable to us, and hopefully the murders of these girls will be solved and a perp caught!

Kirk, do you know if the woman found murdered in Arcadian Park is being taken into consideration along with the 7 murdered from Jennings?

That was very interesting reading....it indeed seems to mirror closely the situation in JDP. I hope Dr. Rossmo returns your call, it would be interesting to hear his thoughts about how this case is being managed....or perhaps NOT being managed would be a more appropriate way of wording it.

It's apparent to me that you, and the team you've assembled, are aggressively pursuing this case although, it's obvious, you're up against some major road blocks. Maybe Dr. Rossmo can suggest some alternate ways to get around them.

Hope you can share some of his thoughts if he does call you back.

Kirk, I don't know if you're interested in defending yourself against this BS statement that was left at Topix but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. It's Post #32 by Blue Cloud:
G8trgirl wrote:
brownie.......a local told me that Menard is still investigating.
Post #32 by Blue Cloud:
And, so, we feel like Menard is really gonna do something with all this, other than set up an account to accept donations for a reward? Or maybe to publicize and advertise?

Yup, Menard's on the job!
Somehow this does not surprise me. I suspect someone has been reading your posts on the internet from the past couple days and doesn't like what they're reading.......just my opinion.

I am a research fanatic....Would love to help I have paid sucscriptions to ancestry.com and other sites, I just need names and dates, whatvever is relevant.

I'm not investigating. As I stated earlier, I've assigned the case to three investigators that will head the investigation. As far as advertisement goes, I've cancelled all of my other cases and referred them to other investigative agencies. I have their numbers if you would like it. We are concentrating totally on this case. As far as the reward fund goes, well let'd just say that was reverse psychology and it worked....and the president of the bank is in charge of the fund and if the case is solved that will be pooled with the reward money or given to the victims families to assist with expenses.

I didn't have to defend my self. I did it because I wanted to. You can't please everyone and this isn't a popularity contest. Our main objective is to work on this case and turn everything over to LE.

Those of you following this case may find this of interest.....according to a poster (gypsy life) at InSession:
Many of us are writing,calling and emailing to get this on the news...especially AMERICAS MOST WANTED.
And no one responds or comes to help solve these horrible crimes.
well now we know and can ask
Why did Ricky Edwards tell America's Most Wanted that Jennings didn't need their help. AMW wanted to do the story, sent people down to interview the family's. but need the Sheriff's cooperation to continue. And AMW confirmed what we all had heard as a rumor...RICKY EDWARDS SAID NO! He has it handled just fine, don't need their help. well here we are, 7, maybe 8 dead women and no arrests. NOW ask yourselves and HIM......WHY???!!!
cursing.gif
Although the poster was unable to provide a "link" to that information, they did offer this explanation:
There is no link, sorry. It was confirmed by an agent for America's Most Wanted, when asked why they were not doing the story. They have been flooded by calls, emails, and letters asking them to come to Jennings. She called it very strange that the Sheriff refused.
Hoping I didn't violate any WS posting rules. I did obtain permission from the poster to quote them here.

Those of you following this case may find this of interest.....according to a poster (gypsy life) at InSession:
Although the poster was unable to provide a "link" to that information, they did offer this explanation:
Hoping I didn't violate any WS posting rules. I did obtain permission from the poster to quote them here.
Why wouldn't the sheriff want publicity? Why wouldn't he want any and all additional tips to come through? He needs to sit himself down and ponder this and AMW needs to show up and start asking questions. At a certain point "politically correct" doesn't apply. This is very sad and not proactive on the part of the sheriff. He should be ashamed or charged.

I would certainly email the sheriff and express disappointment about not allowing AMW to come into the picture. I would also forward a copy of AMW of the email you send to sheriff Edwards.

If anyone wants the lady's name from AMW that spoke with the sheriff, I have access to her phone number. I do know that AMW is successful with their tipline and I believe the ultimate goal for all of us, as concerned citizens, is to ensure that these cases are solved before, God forbid, another body appears.

Hi Kirk, and thank you for that very enlightening post. I for one, would love to have the lady's name and phone number at AMW. I will warn you tho, every time I meet someone who says..."Why don't they get ahold of AMW and get something done?", I will smile and share the info....:woohoo::woohoo:

:seeya: Hi living in fear.....welcome to WS !!!!!

Kirk, if you don't mind....I'm going to post this info over on the InSession forum as well. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to post it at Topix as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back