New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Louisiana Saint, how did you hear about Tracee saying this? Is this just hearsay or did someone who is reliable tell you this? You mentioned in another post that Frankie wouldn't want to mess with you because of who you are, why do you feel this way? If he is such a "dangerous man" why would he be afraid of you?

I have read here a few times but dont really follow this case much but in my news travels I saw this and wanted to post it here for you guys to check out.

http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=12933788

''In an update to the story of the body found Thursday in Jennings the Coroner in Jeff Davis Parish says Jayce Dupuis died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

Dupuis' body was found Thursday in Jennings after several days of searching.

He was last seen early Sunday morning. His wrecked truck was found in a Bayou near the I10 Exit 65.''

Is this the same place that they film that cop show with the actor steven segall or how ever u wanna spell it.

Is this the same place that they film that cop show with the actor steven segall or how ever u wanna spell it.
No. Steven Seagal's show is filmed in Jefferson and Orleans parishes. Jennings is about 175 miles west of New Orleans.

Yeah, CanMan, the Seagal show is in Jefferson Parish, and Jennings is in Jefferson Davis Parish. I can see where that might cause confusion. ;)

I haven't seen any news on this case in quite awhile, which is good if it means the killings have ceased. What about the murdered victims, though? Guess it's time to do a little searching.

lousiana saint, thank you for making those videos for the victims. these girls deserve justice!! it's my fear that with the corrupt cops and govt in jennings, not to mention the feds there it will take a long time to get them the justice these families need closure!

Glad to see these murders are getting more exposure. Am unimpressed w/the article. Then again, I don't think we're looking at an SK in this case.

Glad to see these murders are getting more exposure. Am unimpressed w/the article. Then again, I don't think we're looking at an SK in this case.

{bbm}

I'm curious as to your theory?

I'm curious as to your theory?
While there appears to be some linkage (i.e., the Boudreaux Inn, the Andrew Street house, Tina's Bar, the victims were CIs, etc.), the totality of evidence thus far (i.e., one murder was witnessed, two victims were expected to turn states evidence, two victims were found within 2-3 days of their murder in an advanced state of decomp, one victim had concentrated embalming fluid in her system, etc) leads me to believe that at least three parties and/or groups of people are involved.

In a very small town it is not unusual for everyone to know everyone. Even if they don't know their names, one can see family resemblances.

What I have a problem with
1. Why are there people who say they KNOW who did it?
2. Why'd the town stiff Godwin when they asked for his help?
3. My understanding is they may have known of each other but some hadn't kept up with others as they were not living there long.

I'd also understood there maybe another serial killer near or in Bayon Rouge,LA

Have they done a thorough check of the trucker's. It was rumored some liked to visit the I-10 Truck stops and stores.

What is the feeling of the family members on the website put up. Is the webmaster a retired police officer from Chicago?

I'm glad Stacy Dittrich and Maurice Godwin have given their time to look into this tangled mess of theories.

I hope closure is found soon.

Again can someone enlighten me why anyone who says they know the killer not tell? What is their motive? They could certainly tell Stacy Dittrich.

Something's Hinkey here.

There was a double homicide in the North Louisiana town of Tallulah this week- two young black women with their throats slit. New developments make it look like this most likely was unrelated to Jennings, but I didn't even know about the Jennings murders until I googled "women throat slit Louisiana." Someone had told me about the Tallulah murders and I wanted to read the newspaper article, but found the Jennings information first. Chilling. What struck me was that Jennings is on the I-10 and Tallulah is on the I-20- the two major interstates in the state. Both are very small towns. The latest update says that a "major media outlet" has contacted the police asking if this could be related. So, the link was made by more than me and google.

Which, again, the Tallulah murders are most likely unrelated. But I am annoyed that I live in Louisiana, keep up with the news and have not heard anything about the Jenning's murders. They need more attention to bring justice or closure for the victims and their families. I was a student at LSU when Derek Todd Lee and Sean Vincent Gillis were still out there and it was terrifying. I never trust that silence means a killer is dead or imprisoned.

Tallulah- initial discovery: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20110619/NEWS01/106190310/2-bodies-found-Tallulah

And the update from today: http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20110620/NEWS01/106200311/Tallulah-bodies-identified?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

@bardot- The lack of media attention has been an issue since the beginning of this case and a continuous source of frustration among dedicated citizens. Many attempts have been made to contact national news sources, each of which has proven fruitless. If you have any resources that we could utilize to spread the word, please pass along contact information. Thanks for your interest and please spread the word about this disturbing unsolved case. It has plagued our community for so long and I feel as if many feel defeated that little progress has been made...especially for those family members left with so many unanswered questions.

I have an acquaintance who processes DNA in the state crime lab. She said that often what plagues these cases in small towns is that they don't have technicians adequately trained in handling crime scenes and by the time they bring people in who are trained, the scene has been trampled by other law enforcement (and people outside LE). Which, I understand that there is a lack of resources. But how many young women have to die before they do hire or train someone to do appropriate crime scene handling?

I will talk to some of my local reporter friends and ask where pressure can be placed to get this in the news. Sadly, we had 5 murders the week of the Tallulah murders (two were double homicides) and all fell out of the news within days.

The two murders in Tallulah are not connected to the Jennings murders. They've arrested a suspect in the Tallulah case and he's already been charged with 2nd Degree Murder.

I agree. For such a grusome case, you'd think the Jennings murders would have gotten more publicity. Nada. We can only pray the right person will see the details of the case and not let it go until they solve this troubling mystery.

Such a shame,
:(
fran

http://myarklamiss.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=95017

According to State Police, 27-year old Walter Walker.

Walker, a native of Tallulah but living in Lake Providence was arrested on two counts of 2nd degree murder.

<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, I said in my original post that the murders were most likely unrelated. I should have updated-- sorry about that. Thankfully the young women in Tallulah will get justice. I hope the same is true for the women in Jennings.

1. Why are there people who say they KNOW who did it?
There is at least one alleged witness. More, if you count the other parties who also allegedly witnessed the murder. This individual has spoken with LE. A video deposition of another witness was provided to LE as well. Both of these people, individually, implicate two separate parties, or rather, groups of people. Although, there does appear to be a minor overlap between the two groups.
2. Why'd the town stiff Godwin when they asked for his help?
A P.I. invited Godwin to look at the case. He provided a profile to said P.I. and even identified some known sex offenders in the area as POIs. This information was passed on to LE.
3. My understanding is they may have known of each other but some hadn't kept up with others as they were not living there long.
Not sure what you mean by this? Unless you're referring to the bit about Teresa & Brittney being out of state for a protracted period. Even so, still unsure what you mean.

I had the honor of participating in a Q & A session with Dr. Maurice Godwin as the guest. Dr. G was called in to do a profile of the serial killer in Jennings, LA. He also worked the Baton Rouge serial killer case. This is the profile of the Jennings Serial Killer that he so kindly gave us.

Maurice Godwin -
The offender is classified as an affective/vehicle serial killer. Affective defines the level of aggression used during the crimes, while vehicle describes the way in which the killer views/treats his victims. In this examiner&#8217;s opinion the offender is unable to control his aggression resulting in sudden blitz attacks on the victims. Consequently, victims are used by the killer as a vehicle to act out his rage and anger on.

Sex Male
Age 28 34
Ethnicity &#8211; White (tan skin)
Employment unskilled (for example, truck driver, marine activities)
Education High School Drop Out
Marriage Status Single but Divorce
No military service

ARREST RECORD

The killer will have past convictions of burglary, DWI convictions, and drug convictions. These past criminal convictions do not reflect the complete criminal record of this killer. In the examiner&#8217;s opinion the killer will most likely have committed rapes and murders that have gone undetected for which no arrests have been made. The offender will continue to kill until arrested.

AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR

In the examiner&#8217;s opinion the killer has an explosive personality one who is impulsive, quick tempered and self centered. His social relationships are superficial and limited to drinking buddies and visiting prostitutes.

In the examiner&#8217;s opinion the killer has conflicts over his relationships with women, he often feels dependent and aggressively resistant to them. While the killer is contested by women he uses various forms of aggression to get even and degrade them. Sexually, he is frustrated and may feel impotent. He links anger with sexual competence.

In the opinion of this examiner, the murders were committed in a stylized violent outburst for the purposes of retaliation, or getting even and revenge on women. His victims were used as a vehicle to be exploited. The crimes are unplanned. The mildest reaction from the victim can lead to the murder. The crimes are emotional due to anger and often results in non-completed sexual acts.

Although the killer is in an emotional state during and after the murders he is somewhat forensically aware. For example, it is likely that the victims dumped in the water were placed there to get rid of physical evidence.

The killer is also growing more confident, which is reflected by him leaving a victim in plain view on an isolated dirt road. In this examiner&#8217;s opinion a local person would not dump a victim in areas near his home comfort zone. This would draw unnecessary attention to his area.

SHORT TERM INVESTIGATIVE CONSIDERATIONS

Detectives should interview people from companies located in or near the geographical profile predicted area. Inquires should be made to determine what type of service supplies or services would require a person to visit their company at least twice a month but only once a year. Using this acquired information investigators should obtain the names of the persons making the visits to determine if they were in Jennings on the dates any of the murders.

Detectives should interview people from the marine industry in Jennings to determine if any of their workers have an association to the geographical profile predicted area. Determine who makes periodically trips out on boats then back to Jennings. Do any of these individuals use the services of prostitutes? Determine who has made these trips during the specific dates as shown in the chart above. It is unlikely that a local man who rarely leaves Jennings would have gaps between his killings as demonstrated in these murders.

Maurice Godwin &#8211; Is that good enough?

Jan Leigh &#8211; Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back