New Guinea - Amelia Earhart & Fred Noonan, en route to Howland Island, 2 July 1937

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The government at work now to prop up the existing story and not make japan look bad. My tin foil hat is on now:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO, even if it's proven the photograph is from a different time, there's still quite a bit of evidence to support the idea that she was taken prisoner by the Japanese. There are too many first person accounts of seeing her to write it off. The scenario for her turning back west and ending up on the island after reaching low fuel is plausible.

Yes I agree Betty, there has been a lot of witness statements which make me think there's something there. Regardless of the authenticity of the photo. And there would be lots of reasons for the Americans to hide their knowledge of her whereabouts.

Not sure whether it was on the history channel or elsewhere but I saw a couple of Japanese newspaper articles from shortly Earhart went missing apparently translated to say they (the Japanese) have captured her, I can't read Japanese but if they are authentic articles they'd be difficult to refute and it must of been hushed up soon after.

I just saw a photo of that so called 1935 book, it appears to be a loose leaf portfolio of pictures tied together with string, it appears any photos could of been added to the "book" after 1935 seeing none of the photos are dated.

Not sure whether it was on the history channel or elsewhere but I saw a couple of Japanese newspaper articles from shortly Earhart went missing apparently translated to say they (the Japanese) have captured her, I can't read Japanese but if they are authentic articles they'd be difficult to refute and it must of been hushed up soon after.

Or it could just have been Japanese propaganda. They didn't need to present any evidence, just release the "news" that they had her to promote their superiority over America. There was so many lies and propaganda going on from all sides around that time period, so it's hard to know and prove anything. If they had really captured her and then wanted to kill her, I would have thought it would be more in their favour to show the evidence of it and show off to the Americans. Just doing it secretly doesn't seem to have any real purpose as it was easy for the Americans to have denied it.

I think the story that they hid on an island and lived there for years is the most likely of the theories out there.

Very interesting possibilities as to what happened, for sure.

That is interesting. I'd like to see that if you can find it again. If thats true, its difficult to know what to make of it. Like LittleGreenlady said they could have just claimed that even if it wasn't true. Or it could be legit and it got released and reported before the Japanese authorities hushed it up. If nothing else, in the last week or so I sure have learned a lot about this version of Amelia's disappearance that i didn't know about before. I never paid much attention to the theory that they ended up in Japanese hands. But now I am finding that its entirely possible and there were lots of rumors and circumstantial evidence of it.

I just saw a photo of that so called 1935 book, it appears to be a loose leaf portfolio of pictures tied together with string, it appears any photos could of been added to the "book" after 1935 seeing none of the photos are dated.

THAT is interesting. I think there's something fishy going on and what you just said could be meaningful. (Hi--I've been interested in this for decades but never knew much research was going on except that I did read about finding the Cat's Paw size 9 woman's shoe on the island.)

Anyway, I was reading and the Japanese eyewitness who treated the white man with the head injury and bruised knee and saw the white women, said it was on Jaluit Atoll that he treated them. Said that they had been picked up by a Japanese fishing boat and then taken aboard a Japanese ship and brought to Jaluit Atoll.

The pre-WWII photograph features a throng of people on a dock in Jaluit Atoll
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/amelia-earhart-lost-photograph-discredited-spd/

The National Geographic article shows the photograph and talks about the History Channel program. It also states that the history channel's facial recognition expert's new software has identified the man as Noonan, whereas at the time of the documentary, he didn't know for sure. But also, National Geographic doesn't believe this theory and is funding the Nikumaroro expeditions so if you read their article, be aware of their bias against the Saipan theory.

i remember, back in the day, when NG was very well informed unbiased channel, magazine organization. now, it seems every mag, tv channels has a bias. thats why i dont watch them very often. the picture is interesting and i dont have hostory channel so i have to look it up to watch but if they are funding you know who expedition, how one can take them seriously?

https://www.archives.gov/news/topics/earhart

Apparently our government has known all along. The records aren't even marked "confidential" anymore. There's plenty of evidence that they landed on Mila Atoll and were picked up by fishermen and then by a Japanese ship and taken to Jaluit where they were held prisoner. This was not some little deserted atoll! If all the war supplies were there and so much building was taking place, and it was top secret, then no wonder they were captured and accused of being spies. Maybe they really were spies. I think her husband thought so and her mother even said that there were certain things that Amelia couldn't talk about.

Her husband urged the US Navy to search not where they were searching but in the Howland Islands. How did he know that's where she would have been found? And, of course, the Navy didn't go there and search.

I have no idea why National Geographic or any other group is still "searching" for her. What's the point in pretending at this date in time?

THAT is interesting. I think there's something fishy going on and what you just said could be meaningful. (Hi--I've been interested in this for decades but never knew much research was going on except that I did read about finding the Cat's Paw size 9 woman's shoe on the island.)

Anyway, I was reading and the Japanese eyewitness who treated the white man with the head injury and bruised knee and saw the white women, said it was on Jaluit Atoll that he treated them. Said that they had been picked up by a Japanese fishing boat and then taken aboard a Japanese ship and brought to Jaluit Atoll.

The pre-WWII photograph features a throng of people on a dock in Jaluit Atoll
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/amelia-earhart-lost-photograph-discredited-spd/

The National Geographic article shows the photograph and talks about the History Channel program. It also states that the history channel's facial recognition expert's new software has identified the man as Noonan, whereas at the time of the documentary, he didn't know for sure. But also, National Geographic doesn't believe this theory and is funding the Nikumaroro expeditions so if you read their article, be aware of their bias against the Saipan theory.

The only thing that I saw on the program was an overlay. I have seen that in another case, where it turned out be proven wrong; that one involved two clear photographs.

The photo analyst did not disclose any additional information.

http://www.earhartonsaipan.com/

This link is to a really good article with film of many eyewitnesses or relatives of eyewitnesses. Also a picture of the "book" that the History Channel says shows the picture of Noonan and Earhart. You can turn the pages in the book and enlarge them. The book is really a loose leaf portfolio of pictures so pictures could have been added at any time, not necessarily in 1935 as the debunkers claim.

That is an interesting observation Write about the NatGeo being biased because they are funding the Nikumororo search. That is a big problem I am noticing in these searches and theories. Certainly Ric Gillespie is biased. I think he has a good theory and is searching and researching well, but his attitude is that he is right and everyone else is soooo wrong that no one should even consider anything else. You could see bias a little on the part of the guys leading the search in the Marshalls featured in the History Channel show. "I don't think they were here, I KNOW they were here" sort of thing. That is ok for individuals, but if you are leading a professed scientific search, you need to remain unbiased and just focus on the evidence. Its especially shameful if NatGeo is going down that path. The public will lose confidence in you if its clear you are not remaining open minded and unbiased. Researchers focus shouldn't be on their own ego, it ought to be on "what happened to Amelia." Whatever happened, happened. No matter how much you WANT a theory to be true, you can't change what actually happened. In fact, if a person sticks to what their heart tells them instead of what the evidence is showing, that person if much LESS likely to be the one who actually finds her.

http://www.earhartonsaipan.com/

This link is to a really good article with film of many eyewitnesses or relatives of eyewitnesses. Also a picture of the "book" that the History Channel says shows the picture of Noonan and Earhart. You can turn the pages in the book and enlarge them. The book is really a loose leaf portfolio of pictures so pictures could have been added at any time, not necessarily in 1935 as the debunkers claim.

Great link, thank you. It has even more information than the recent documentary.

Bones discovered on a Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart,
a new forensic analysis claims:
Link

Link

Considering that they were identify the Tzar's remains using DNA, there is a good chance that they can determined if these are Earhart's.

Link

Interesting details. Too bad the bones are missing so there is no way to 100% prove this with DNA.
The bones were shipped to Fiji and examined in 1941 by Dr. David W. Hoodless, a professor of anatomy, who determined they were those of a stocky man.
The bones have since been lost.

Using a computer program called Fordisc, which estimates sex, ancestry, and stature from skeletal measurements, Jantz re-examined seven bone measurements done by Hoodless -- four of the skull and three of the tibia, humerus, and radius bones.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pacific-island-bones-likely-those-amelia-earhart-study-192040909.html

I suspect the various theories will continue to be rehashed for years to come. And why, not it's a very interesting story! ;)

I feel sorry for Fred Noonan. He's the Big Bopper - the least remembered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back